• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Apr 12, 2014] IMDB 11: Madison, WI - 4/12/2014 (Madison, WI)

Mundungu

Smash Lord
IMDB11 - Return to Carson's

Facebook Event

Date: Saturday, April 12th
Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/MeleeMilwaukee

Location: Carson's Hall 2nd Floor (great venue with tons of free parking and food downstairs)
1515 Tripp Circle, Madison, WI

Tournaments
$10.00 Melee singles
$10.00 Melee doubles ($5 per person)
$10.00 Project M singles
$10.00 Project M doubles ($5 per person)
$2.00 Cactuar Stamina Pancake
$5.00 Divekick AE

Schedule
(subject to change)

Smash
12:00 - Melee Doubles
12:30 - P:M Doubles
2:00 - Melee Singles Pools
2:30 - P:M Singles Pools
4:00 - Melee Singles Bracket
4:30 - P:M Singles Bracket
6:00 - Divekick AE
8:30 - CSP Singles

Payout: 60/30/10 doubles
60/30/10 singles
CSP: 70/30

Parking
Parking is located here, and is right outside the building. It is a huge free parking lot on the weekends. You can temp park in the circle to drop off TVs.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/1515 Tripp Cir/@43.0774765,-89.4116527,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x8807acb8c7813e17:0xdf80e8d5bd7c1e4c?hl=en

Melee Rules

- Items off.
- 4 stock, 8 minutes.
- Team attack on., life stealing allowed.
- Ties are broken by lives then percentage. Percentage ties will replay the match with one stock on the same stage.
- Regular sets are best of 3 matches. Winners finals, losers finals and grand finals sets are best of 5 matches.
- Controller mods are banned.
- Stalling is banned. This includes any excessive use of tactics like rising pound and wall-bombing in order to deliberately delay the match.
- Glitches like the Ice Climbers' freeze glitch and Mewtwo's Soul Stunner are also banned.
- Pausing is banned. Pausing during a match will result in a loss at your opponent’s discretion.
- Modified Dave's Stupid Rule: The loser cannot pick a stage he or she has won on in the set unless agreed upon by both players. Additionally, if both players agree to play on a banned stage, that stage may be played as well.
- Gentleman's Clause: If the two players agree on a change in a rule, like choosing a banned stage, they are allowed to do so. If there is no agreement, standard rules apply.
- Wobbling is LEGAL.

Stages

Neutrals 1v1:
Final Destination
Dream Land
Fountain of Dreams
Battlefield
Yoshi's Story

Counterpick 1v1:
Pokemon Stadium

Neutrals 2v2:
Final Destination
Dream Land
Battlefield
Yoshi's Story
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpick 2v2:
Kongo Jungle 64

Set format

1. Both players select characters. Double blind can be called if necessary.
2. Stage striking: Players eliminate stages from the Neutral Stage List until only 1 remains, and the players then play the first match on that stage. Players strike stages in a 1-2-1 order.
3. The first match is played.
4. Winning player of the preceding match bans a stage.
5. The losing player of preceding match picks stage for the next match.
6. The winning player of preceding match picks character.
7. The losing player picks character.
8. The next match is played.
9. Repeat steps 4-8 for all consecutive matches until the set is complete.

Project M Rules
(Stagelist subject to change)

* 4 stock, 8:00 minute timer
* All items set to OFF and item frequency set to NONE
* Input Assist set to OFF.
* Ties after the time limit are determined by stocks, then by percentage.
* Dave’s Stupid Rule: You cannot counterpick any stage you have won on in a set unless agreed upon by the opponent.

Stage Strike from Starters for the first match of the set in “1221″ fashion:
1. First player strikes one stage.
2. Second player strikes the next two stages.
3. First player strikes one stage.

Stagelist:

Bottom row is neutral stages. Legal counter-pick stages will be the first page of the stage selection screen (Metal Cavern, Castle Siege, Halberd, Pokemon Stadium 1, Skyloft, and Norfair are Banned).

After each match:
1. Winner announces three (3) stage bans
2. Loser chooses counterpick stage
3. Winner chooses their character
4. Loser chooses their character

Additional Rules:

* Player’s Choice Clause: You may play by a rule outside of this ruleset if your opponent agrees to it as long as it does not deliberately delay the tournament process. In the event of a disagreement, house rules stand.
* Double Blind Character Picks: Players may elect to double blind pick their characters for the first match in case of any disputes.
* Neutral Spawn Points: Players may elect to use neutral spawn points to decide controller ports for the first match in case of any disputes.
* Glitches: Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in forfeiture of the match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

Doubles-Specific Rules:
* Life stealing is allowed
* Friendly Fire is turned ON
* Pause is turned OFF

Cactuar Stamina Pancake Rules

Cactuar (by Cactuar)
- Best of 7
- Random stage from everything except Icicle Mountain and Hyrule Temple

Stamina (by Nintendo)
- Stamina Mode

Pancake (by Zjiin)
- Random characters
- Starting with the winner from the last game, each player may decide to "flip" either character, meaning re-random them.
- For the first match, decide randomly who flips first (via rock-paper-scissors).

Rules Clarifications
- If Zelda is randomed, re-random again to determine if you got Zelda or Sheik. The top 2 rows = Zelda, the bottom row = Sheik. This makes it very rare to have sheik, since she destroys low tier characters.
- Select pichu before randoming. This is done to prevent disputes getting the same character twice in a row. If you "accidentally" hit B to repick Pichu, you are stuck with him.
- If you can't tell who won the match, replay the game.
- Wobbling is LEGAL.

Divekick AE Rules
- All rounds are Bo5
- Double blind first match (both character and gem if necessary)
- Character lock for the winner, loser can counter pick
- Winner picks gem first

Last edited:

yohobojz

Smash Cadet
Yippee! Good shiiiiitt

Can you change the thing to let people RSVP? It says the time to do that has already passed :/

Last edited:

Mundungu

Smash Lord
Fixed the date. We might be running some other side tournaments if there is time / interest. These might include Mystery Game, Mario Bros Battle, or Tower Fall.

Triple R

Smash Lord
I don't know if it's some kinda tag or something (never created a tourney on here), but this tourney doesn't seem to be appearing the midwest when you filter it for that. I can only seem to find the thread when I just go into regular Tournament Listings without filtering.

DireDrop

Smash Journeyman
I'll probably come, but I won't be able to get there until like 2:05. Is there some way I can pre-register and then hope I get there in time? PM shouldn't be a problem. It's Melee I'm worried about.

I don't know if it's some kinda tag or something (never created a tourney on here), but this tourney doesn't seem to be appearing the midwest when you filter it for that. I can only seem to find the thread when I just go into regular Tournament Listings without filtering.
Solution. Google search instead.

Mundungu

Smash Lord
It's looking like Divekick AE might not be out in time for this. If that's the case, we'll replace the tournament with something else, most likely Mario Bros Battle or Towerfall.

Dark Hogosha

Smash Apprentice
I should be able to make it up there with my PC, which means Towerfall is an option. As is either 1v1 or 2v2 Mystery. I should have enough games for either Mystery option.

Mundungu

Smash Lord
Awesome, great to hear @Hogosha and Xtra! Hogosha, mystery game would be amazing, but I'm not sure we'll have time. If we are doing well on schedule (lol smashbros tournaments) I'd love to fit it in. Towerfall would be an awesome casual setup though.

Mundungu

Smash Lord
We will try to get NBA Jam back at a future IMDB (maybe next one?), but just don't have time this time. I'm thinking the summer would be a good time, since I think there's more interest then.

Mundungu

Smash Lord
So far we got Xtra Zicore Hogosha and Tapion. It's a shame Lonejedi isn't going to be here.

Last edited:

Mundungu

Smash Lord
Just as an FYI, the venue will be open at 11 AM, and Melee Teams will start at 12:00. That means I'll be collecting sign-ups starting at quarter to.

P:M Teams bracket will start around 12:30 - 1:00.

the wizard howl

Smash Apprentice
dungles just a heads up you should look at the pools after you make them, that was not a fun tournament for me at all.
It's not unusual for me to get seeded like I'm a noob in madison, but come on...

Last edited:

Mundungu

Smash Lord
Yeah sorry for the crappy pools. I ton of stuff went wrong at this one, really poorly run overall. I'm not sure if I'll be running another tournament, this one was a trainwreck.

Thanks to all the people that showed up. I'll be posting results tonight.

yohobojz

Smash Cadet
I don't think it was THAT bad dungles, don't beat yourself up about it :(
Wish we could've streamed more CSP is the only thing I wished had happened differently, but I guess it was kind of difficult with PM being run at essentially the same time.

Top Bottom