• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U anyone else having trouble with this?

PF9

Smash Lord
I can't seem to complete the 8 KOs in Cruel Smash as Lucina challenge, the most I have gotten is not even 6, but 5. After so many attempts I just gave up. You think they would let you hammer challenges involving unlockable characters once you unlock the character(s) in question, but they don't. This is far worse than Smash Tour. I do keep using Counter over and over, but I still get KOed before I reach my desired mark. Perhaps they should have just made it get 5 KOs.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
As tempting as it is to Golden Hammer the 8 KOs in Cruel Smash challenge, it's pretty much a stupid thing to do when you have to do that exact same challenge as Lucina.

In case anyone doesn't know by now, ALL challenges that require you to use a certain unlockable character, is immune to Golden Hammers.

xpRo

Smash Cadet
Instead of relying on up-b, jumping under the stage lip and toss a bair towards the ledge is very effective. It'll clip the mii's on the edge and kill them quite easily. I got 15 kills in about 3 minutes with Lucina.

Top Bottom