• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Another option to easily desync a Pro Controller at tournaments

Zarxrax

Smash Apprentice
For the minority of people who prefer the Wi U Pro controller, the issue of desyncing it from the console after your sets remains a bit of a sticking point. And removing your battery is not the easiest or most desirable thing as it can cause wear and tear on your controller. I have found a very simple solution to completely desync controllers, though it requires the purchase of a $16 device.

The Mayflash Wireless Wii U Pro Controller to PC USB Adapter
is a little device that you can sync Pro controllers to. So basically, after you finish playing, just plug this thing up into one of the Wii U's USB ports, press the sync button on it, press the sync button on your controller, then unplug the device and go on your way. You are now completely desynced from the Wii U.

TO's could even pick one up to share amongst anyone who comes into a tournament with a Pro controller. Maybe just have it set up somewhere as a "desyncing station" or something.

Last edited:

vegeta18

Smash Journeyman
This is really cool actually, nice idea, i hope tournaments allow it because its stupid that a lot of tournaments simply dont let me use my wiiU pro controller

wizrad

Smash Journeyman
NNID
nin10L3ro
3DS FC
4871-4875-5333
You can't just sync to the adapter and use it as a plug to play with on any console?

Teshie U

Smash Lord
^This
Even if you Sync to the adapter, the Wii U doesn't take wired inputs from anything except the Gamecube Adapter.

wizrad

Smash Journeyman
NNID
nin10L3ro
3DS FC
4871-4875-5333
I'd say this is a worse idea than just buying a second controller, but I'd be forgetting that a controller is like $60 now /:

Rawbinator

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HypothesisTest
Hmm. I feel like just playing without a battery (relying on the charging cable, so no wear and tear) is a better option than this.

JBones

Smash Cadet
Anyone know if the BT stack on android has been fixed? It could replace this

Zawaz132

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zawaz132
Can't you just disconnect it by pressing the Sync button when you're finished?

JBones

Smash Cadet
If it was that simple we wouldn't have all these problems at tournaments. Pressing any button reconnects it

Sonicrida

Smash Cadet
I think the struggle is getting people to remember to do it though right? I mean ideally you would hope that they remember to since they own this but i can imagine mistakes happening.

JBones

Smash Cadet
I think the struggle is getting people to remember to do it though right? I mean ideally you would hope that they remember to since they own this but i can imagine mistakes happening.
The problem isn't remembering to desync. It's that once they're off, they'll reconnect once a button is pressed. This usually happens when they're in a backpack.
Wiimotes aren't so bad since you can easily remove the battery, but you need a screwdriver for the pro controller. It's inconvenient.
Until the BT stack for android is fixed, it looks like this is the best option

Sonicrida

Smash Cadet
The problem isn't remembering to desync. It's that once they're off, they'll reconnect once a button is pressed. This usually happens when they're in a backpack.
Wiimotes aren't so bad since you can easily remove the battery, but you need a screwdriver for the pro controller. It's inconvenient.
Until the BT stack for android is fixed, it looks like this is the best option
The best option I thought was simply carrying a cord around and having no battery in the controller. That way it's only ever on when plugged in. That's what some tournaments have been using and it works out.

dav3yb

Smash Journeyman
The best option I thought was simply carrying a cord around and having no battery in the controller. That way it's only ever on when plugged in. That's what some tournaments have been using and it works out.
Any tournament that doesn't do this is doing it wrong. Battery OUT + USB cord = no chance of someone who ISN'T playing interfering with another match.

Top Bottom