• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Announcing: After Hours, An All New Tournament Series

GrizzlyEatsKids

Smash Apprentice
NNID
foodonfloor
3DS FC
3351-4506-8996
Hello everyone! I'm a bit new here on Smashboards, so you likely don't recognize me. So why in the world am I here right now? Well, I would like to reveal After Hours, an all new online tournament series, presented by @SlapChop44 and I, for Super Smash Bros. for 3DS.

So what is After Hours exactly? It is a semi-ambitious series of tournaments, where we hope to keep up our own leaderboards and rankings. Everything about the tournaments will be handled through Smashboards, save for the bracket itself, which will be made over on Challonge. We intend to keep this series running for as long as we possibly can. In After Hours, each tournament is a separate event, and each one will have a different set of rules with a different style of bracket. Also, we intend to have every single tournament take place online, so you don't have to be with us in person! On top of that, the tournament will take place late at night (like 8-9 US Central time) and go through the very early morning, so yes, it's late, bu t it won't interfere with your daily plans. We won't have one anywhere near every weekend, but we are looking to potentially have the first tournament on October 18.

I don't need to know if you're available right now, and this isn't any form of a signup, just to see, who might be interested in this? Feel free to ask any questions!

Last edited:

Narth

Plox
NNID
nathanrinkster
3DS FC
1736-2381-3285
I'd certainly be interested! I'm in the UK though, so time zones might **** things up :(

GrizzlyEatsKids

Smash Apprentice
NNID
foodonfloor
3DS FC
3351-4506-8996
Awesome, that might be a slight issue for you though, but I guess we'll wait and see. I do have a few non (or soon to be) smashboards friends that have already committed as well.

Last edited:

ADAPT Chance

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Adaptchance
3DS FC
4613-8804-8708
I would suggest making the times slightly earlier during the week, as for the weekends it should be fine.

GrizzlyEatsKids

Smash Apprentice
NNID
foodonfloor
3DS FC
3351-4506-8996
Due to my availability during the week, I can generally host only on weekends, but I should be able to bump the time up slightly if I need to.

IKingIRI

Smash Rookie
NNID
RoyReku
3DS FC
2036-7053-5620
I am certainly down for some games on the weekends. I'm generally only available for tournament-length play on the weekend, and even then I may have some conflicts (So many tournaments on the 4th and the 11th...I have a debate meet and then the SAT...RIP). I will definitely be able to play on the 18th though. The only problem I have with the late night idea is that I won't be able to use Skype to communicate (by voice, text I will be able to do). Otherwise I am very down to play.

GrizzlyEatsKids

Smash Apprentice
NNID
foodonfloor
3DS FC
3351-4506-8996
The date will not be on the 18th anymore, but more info will be coming very soon in the actual date somewhere else here on the site (most likely). I will be sure to keep in touch with you on any details or changes though.

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
I'm interested but not sure what my schedule will be then because stuff just tends to suddenly come up out of nowhere for me.

Top Bottom