• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Angelic Archives - Pit Image Gallery (Updated 8/5/14)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
04/14/14 Thread Created
04/16/14 Added gifs to second post.
04/17/14 Added New Character Focused Press Kit Images
05/09/14 Added POTD
07/15/14 Updated up until now
07/17/14 PotD
07/21/14 PotD

08/05/14 PotD

Wii U

3DS

Last edited:

Neo Zero

Gifs
Jab (Multihit and Finisher)

Credit @PadWarrior via Disconnect

Down B

FTilt

Side B

Credit @ Oniric Spriter Oniric Spriter

Jab/Utilt

FSmash

Fair

Credit @relaxedexcorcist

Final Smash

Credit @BlazingKatakiri

Down B

Credit @Shun_one

Noticed there was no image thread for our wisecracking Angel yet, so decided to gather up all the various images and compile them here. Tried to organize them by date, though I ended up seperating character pages and potd entries. May re organize more later. Enjoy guys

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I approve of a gallery for Pit. <3 Hopefully in time there will be more of them for us to study his moves and their properties. His new U-tilt is currently my favorite move in terms of looks.

Neo Zero

I approve of a gallery for Pit. <3 Hopefully in time there will be more of them for us to study his moves and their properties. His new U-tilt is currently my favorite move in terms of looks.
I tried watching that part a few times just to understand how he even does that. Looks like he does a sort of flip kick then somehow transitions one of his legs back down to kick up with the other one.

Suffice to say, the move is awesome.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I tried watching that part a few times just to understand how he even does that. Looks like he does a sort of flip kick then somehow transitions one of his legs back down to kick up with the other one.

Suffice to say, the move is awesome.
I also love his new F-air which happens to be him spinning that Bow in the air (it's one of the pics you have there somewhere, and it's a gif elsewhere), but it cannot top the amazing feel that the U-tilt does. Showing off Pit's improved athletic skills, or mobility, whichever fits.

Neo Zero

I also love his new F-air which happens to be him spinning that Bow in the air (it's one of the pics you have there somewhere, and it's a gif elsewhere), but it cannot top the amazing feel that the U-tilt does. Showing off Pit's improved athletic skills, or mobility, whichever fits.
I actually was thinking to use the 2nd post for .gifs and he video stills (not just here but in my other image thread I run in the Mega Man forum) so people can see those things that the PotD can't show, yet are very interesting, more than say Pit getting whacked with the camera barely on him lol. If anyone wants to post some of the various gifs or have some good hd stills they wanna share, just post em and ill add them to post 2 tomorrow when I'm home from work.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I whipped up this list of Pit's footage during the direct if somebody's looking to make some more pictures.

Oh, and we see the Upperdash when Sakurai is showing off For Glory, but it's not on this list.
It's the size of a stamp anyway...

2:20 Pit getting Gor-ohed. ...Pit vs. Goroh.

4:29 Pit jumping out of a shoe.

4:36ish Pit's nair?, and some ground moves.

4:46 Pit. Just standing there...

4:54 Pit firing an arrow and curving it up then forward. Note how he easily straightens it out.

5:22 Pit getting knee'd.

5:35 Pit flying falling with style. He's flashing like he has invincibility frames?

5:44 Pit's waaaaay down at the bottom. Why did it have to be a giant stage...

5:56 Pit jumping around. Notably, we see his air dodge.

8:00 Pit's dash attack, which may or may not be effected by the slant.

8:01 Guardian Orbitars!

9:53 We see an arrow slightly angled downward. But it's on Windy Hill and the gravity (?) might be messing things up...

10:33 Pit uses his fsmash (three hits?) and gets biffed by the worst RM ability ever.

13:14 Pit getting b-thrown by Mario into a Smart Bomb.

13:50 X-bombed.

15:03 You wanna keep that pretty face? Too bad. Waluigi time.

16:35ish Staryu used swift! It's super effective!

16:46 Meloetta! And Pit's not being beat-up this time! We see a straight arrow shot too.

19:35 Pit gets fished by Shiek's new dspecial.

19:39 Why don't I have one of those?

19:58 Pit gets flipped-off by Kirby.

22:05 Pit's very own segment where he isn't being killed all the time! (I'll be more in depth later.)

24:28 Pit getting tossed around by someone who thinks she's as good as the Goddess of Light. She's not.

26:27 Think you can hit me out of this move? Lolnope. (Pit's fsmash too.)

30:28 Pit standing around taking a giant fireball to the face.

30:34 Pit's customized arrows. Notice how Pit jumps back as it loops up and back. Either Pit's normal arrows or just the custom ones are easier to aim. And the animation after he's actually fired looks really slow.

31:59 The closest Pit will ever be to flying by himself.
31:59-32:08 Various ground moves.
32:08 Pit's infinite jab and infinite finisher. An upward slash, not unlike his AAA finisher.

32:49 Pit's charged fsmash...? We don't see the move, just the charging.

32:51 Pit's jumping get-up-from-ledge. Doesn't help much because it's the Smash Run jump...

33:46 Pit fighting something undead and somehow not under Hades's control. (Yet another straight arrow.)

35:53 The short Pit clip.

35:56ish Pit's nair? Whatever it is, he whips it out quick, then kinda slowly pulls it back close to the end of the move.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I actually was thinking to use the 2nd post for .gifs and he video stills (not just here but in my other image thread I run in the Mega Man forum) so people can see those things that the PotD can't show, yet are very interesting, more than say Pit getting whacked with the camera barely on him lol. If anyone wants to post some of the various gifs or have some good hd stills they wanna share, just post em and ill add them to post 2 tomorrow when I'm home from work.
3ST Pit is a good place to start, I think. :p I love that light show.

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
I'm looking forward to some vision of Pit when he's not getting his face beaten in. Has anyone else noticed that Pit is almost always on the receiving end in these promos?

Neo Zero

I'm looking forward to some vision of Pit when he's not getting his face beaten in. Has anyone else noticed that Pit is almost always on the receiving end in these promos?
I kind of think its an anti bias thing. Given the whole rumors that basically said DDD and Mk were held off so long from Smash so he wouldn't show favoritism to Kirby kind of makes me think it'll apply here too. Basically to show that he isn't bias against Kid Icarus (which is basically his child now) he has Pit get beat a lot to make people think otherwise.

Alternatively it could just be he loves fighting or using Pit so for a lot of the action shots he's there. Course it could always just be a coincidence as well. If I remember right, Fox was a punching bag for months I think.

EDIT: Added some gifs I saw in the threads, credit being given where due.

Can a mod tell me why there are 3 spoiler boxes btw?

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
At least he isn't getting all of that in the POTD like Bowser and Fox does, or the recent pics in general, with the exception of him slipping on the banana... although I hate Diddy, I'm happy Pit finally gets an expression for slipping on one of those things. Plus Pit will get his revenge soon, and we'll help him get it.

I kind of think its an anti bias thing. Given the whole rumors that basically said DDD and Mk were held off so long from Smash so he wouldn't show favoritism to Kirby kind of makes me think it'll apply here too. Basically to show that he isn't bias against Kid Icarus (which is basically his child now) he has Pit get beat a lot to make people think otherwise.

Alternatively it could just be he loves fighting or using Pit so for a lot of the action shots he's there. Course it could always just be a coincidence as well. If I remember right, Fox was a punching bag for months I think.

EDIT: Added some gifs I saw in the threads, credit being given where due.

Can a mod tell me why there are 3 spoiler boxes btw?
He'll be fine. Besides, he's taken hits from gods and still live. That's how strong Pit is. Oh, a Palutena avy, too! >//< <3 *blushing*

And I see them gifs of the moves. Did I mention how much I love the way U-tilt looks now? For some reason it looks like it's not finished yet based on the animation, but it still looks too good.

EDIT: The spoilers are likely to make things more organized, while gifs in the open may make things lag more, I think. You wouldn't want the Pit stuff to be messy for our angel, do you? :p Think of it as the "hot springs" of the Pit boards to keep it clean.

Last edited:

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
Yay, finally! More Pit goodies.

Does anyone else find this hilarious? Loving he has the same pose and expression.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
I was wondering when someone would post this thread. I was thinking about doing it for quite some time, but was just either too busy or too tired.

Anyhow, I really like what they have done with Pit thus far, in terms of almost everything. Though, I am still a little sad to see his glide go. His expressions are absolutely priceless, especially in the snapshot where he is slipping over the banana peel. I cannot wait to see more gameplay footage of him.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
!? There's a pic of Pit using the Upperdash in the air! It's the 19th Wii U pic. Can't post pics from this thing blarg. Can't believe it's been under our noses the entire time... Judging from how Pit's holding it, it probably won't spike in the air, and the smoke trail points to it making Pit dash forward in the air too.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I approve of some Pit pics inspired by Pit's expressions from Uprising. And Pit slipping on the banana peel though I'm gonna hurt Diddy eventually for all the pain he's given me in Brawl, but that's another story.
One thing I do want to see though is his new F-tilt or maybe I missed it. The move itself was bad and slow, so I hope he'll get an improved one. At the same time, we haven't seen his down moves or grabs/throws yet. Hopefully in time we'll get to see the improvements. F-throw is the only one I don't want changed since Chaingrabs on big characters.

Neo Zero

Huh, maybe its something only I'm seeing but in my second gif post there are 3 spoiler tags, 2 empty and the third having the actual gifs, even though I only used one collapse tag. Does everyone else only see one?

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Huh, maybe its something only I'm seeing but in my second gif post there are 3 spoiler tags, 2 empty and the third having the actual gifs, even though I only used one collapse tag. Does everyone else only see one?
I'm seeing three tags with just one having the gifs.

Well, I'll assume they're gifs. mumblegrumblestupidtablet

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
It seems to be a common glitch. That has happened to me a lot when collapsing images or videos. I also see happen a lot in other threads.

Neo Zero

It seems to be a common glitch. That has happened to me a lot when collapsing images or videos. I also see happen a lot in other threads.
I talked to Warchamp about the issue and it apparently has to do with using to many tags together with the collapse. You basically want no colors of bold or anything really on the tags themselves. If that works I don't 100% know as he fixed the issue for me, but just something to keep in mind.

EDIT: worth noting he also changed the [collapse ] tag to [spoiler ]

EDIT2: Added more gifs courtesy of PadWarrior and also added the Kid Icarus logo to the Pit render image as well.

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I'm loving the new Pit content as always. F-tilt's buff, a view of the jab finisher, and more. I'm also in love of the pic of surprised Pit behind ZSS. With Kid Icarus/Metroid being brother/sister games back then, I approve. Plus I like seeing Pit's new expressions, compared to his near-lifeless expressions in Brawl. I hope we get to see more soon. <3

But so far, Pit's U-tilt is still my favorite along with the Final Smash.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Pretty cool, we see his getup attack, (now the only one,) "Da fight is on!", and another aerial Upperdash. Nice to see the taunts are the same. Wonder if he'll say different things?

Oh, and where'd you find this press kit?

...Stupid tablet. Only see one pic and two empty spaces...

Last edited:

Neo Zero

Pretty cool, we see his getup attack, (now the only one,) "Da fight is on!", and another aerial Upperdash. Nice to see the taunts are the same. Wonder if he'll say different things?

Oh, and where'd you find this press kit?

...Stupid tablet. Only see one pic and two empty spaces...
I believe it's on a few sites but I got this specific one from Siliconera.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom