• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

An Original Character from Namco's Old Games: Galaxian!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fortanono

Smash Ace
Okay, now I'M getting into the WTF characters. As you know, Namco is co-developing the game. Because of this, people are speculating if a Namco character gets into the game. Most people think Pac-Man, as he is the mascot of Namco, and others think Agumon, as Namco recently merged with Bandai. But what if they made a character up to represent that old series Galaxian/Galaga? This is my idea.

We never see the captain in the ship, so I have to make up a character. Basically, this character is called Galaxian, and he is a space captain trying to defend Earth. He would wear a full-body metallic space suit, with a black visor covering his eyes. He would have a blue helmet, a red torso, and green arms and legs. Why? Because Galaxian was the first game to have multi-colored sprites and explosions. And everyone knows that red, blue and green are the three main colors of the light spectrum. He also has a white "G" on the right side of his chest and a laser-gun in the pocket of his suit.. He would also use generic sci-fi technology in his moveset. Speaking of which, here it is (specials only)...

B (Space Zapper): Galaxian rapid-fires small pellets of energy that have low damage and knockback, although it is good for racking up damage
Side B (Tractor Beam): Galaxian shoots a long beam that connects to his gun and grabs anyone the beam touches.
Up B (Ship Boost): A small replica of Galaxian's ship flies out from the nearest corner and flies Galaxian upwards on top of it. He then jumps off the ship and the ship continues. Not only good as a recovery move, but it deals massive damage if it hits an enemy.
Down B (Stun Grenade): Galaxian throws a bomb where if anyone is caught in the explosion, they will be stunned for a few seconds. It does not deal damage or knockback, though.

So, that's my WTF character idea, hope you like it, if you don't, don't flame me, and mods, if this isn't a good thread, lock it as you please, but I'd prefer you didn't, yadda yadda yadda. Peace out!

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
nah man if we gonna add an oldschool Namco character, lets add Valkyrie.

not gonna happen but I wish she'd get a new game...

Fortanono

Smash Ace
nah man if we gonna add an oldschool Namco character, lets add Valkyrie.

not gonna happen but I wish she'd get a new game...
Never heard of her. And yes, a Galaxian rep's never gonna happen, but I can dream.

Spears In Smash Bros.

Smash Journeyman
When I was younger, I had a Namco Museum cartridge for the GBA. It had Ms. Pac-Man, Galaga, Galaxian, Dig Dug, and Pole Position on it. To be honest, Galaxian was my least favorite of the five. I disliked how the ship could only fire one shot at a time, how you couldn't combine ships like you could in Galaga, or the background music, which I found to be REALLY annoying.

And if you're looking for more retro or obscure Namco games, you can try Shiftylook, which has a bunch of webcomics based off of Namco's less popular franchises, plus Katamari, which is in no way old or unpopular. Also, as 3Bismyname said, Project X Zone and the Japan-only Namco X Capcom feature some really obscure Namco characters as well.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
If we're getting old-school Namco style, I'd honestly prefer Pac-Man (or Dig Dug) to use moves related to games like Galaga, Galaxian, Rally-X and such.

Fortanono

Smash Ace
When I was younger, I had a Namco Museum cartridge for the GBA. It had Ms. Pac-Man, Galaga, Galaxian, Dig Dug, and Pole Position on it. To be honest, Galaxian was my least favorite of the five. I disliked how the ship could only fire one shot at a time, how you couldn't combine ships like you could in Galaga, or the background music, which I found to be REALLY annoying.

And if you're looking for more retro or obscure Namco games, you can try Shiftylook, which has a bunch of webcomics based off of Namco's less popular franchises, plus Katamari, which is in no way old or unpopular. Also, as 3Bismyname said, Project X Zone and the Japan-only Namco X Capcom feature some really obscure Namco characters as well.
This guy is meant to represent the whole Galaxian series, not just the first game. So Galaga is included.

If we're getting old-school Namco style, I'd honestly prefer Pac-Man (or Dig Dug) to use moves related to games like Galaga, Galaxian, Rally-X and such.
Yeah, but that would kinda ruin Pac-Man's moveset potential. Just saying. But if you don't support, that's okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom