• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

An interesting Find.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Citrussed

Smash Journeyman
Warning: I do not know if this is already discovered.

I found out a better way to avoid Samus' and Y/Link's Grabs. If you Insta-Float right as they grab, you will not be grabbed. This (obviously) benefits you more than Spot dodging because

1) You actually have a chance to attack out of it.
2) Your already Floating.

And we all know what that means. ;)

Kajitora

Smash Apprentice
LOL you sure you can do it D. Peach it has to be well timed and if they swing instead ... (just a warning although its good when someone chaingrabs just hold jump and down and you should float as soon as possible

Giggidax

Smash Ace
i mean this is a good find and all but are u gonna be able to read ur opponents mind and float dodge the grabs? u prolly will be able to do it a couple times but it is still kind of hard to read an opponents mind. i didnt know about this tho, nice find

Kajitora

Smash Apprentice
actually once you know the strategy of certian characters yeah and if you have good reflexes of course and don't forget you can follow it up w/ an attack

Citrussed

Smash Journeyman
You might wanna test it out. So far Ive only been able to use it against Samus', Y.link's and Link's grab.

Kajitora

Smash Apprentice
it only works in the first few frames after some time they can grab you if your floatin low enough,

and really if you play samus you should be in the samuss face enough they don't get a chance to pull off the grab glitch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom