• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chorus Kids for Smash Bros. DLC! ~ Lend your Song of Support in the Smash Bros. Fighter Ballot! ~

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
Er, I was unclear. 'It' meaning the new RH 3DS game. Y'know, to minimize risk for a (seemingly!) fairly niche game (in NA). No need to make boxes and game cards, no need to ship to retailers, etc etc.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
I wonder if the final remix will include every single minigame, including the old ones. A ten minute marathon in the same vein as remix 10 would be amazing.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I KNEW THEY'D BRING BACK THE CHORUS KIDS! I had no doubts, especially considering both the 3DS and Wii U utilize the touch screen. The Wrestler returning is amazing aswell! How could they leave iconic characters like those out? I just CANNOT wait for more information on the new and returning minigames.
i said some of you not all of you

Esquelen

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0130-1916-2977
Switch FC
SW-3004-0190-2265
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG FINALLY!

I'm so happy I've dressed them

(just kidding, that costume I did in November for the Mangafest that was in Spain :p)

I hope that at least amiibo Chorus Kids albeit

(sorry for my bad English >_<)

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301

(just kidding, that costume I did in November for the Mangafest that was in Spain :p)

Oh my god that is an adorable costume.

<3

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
I didn't really consider amiibo support for Rhythm Heaven. I wonder what they could do?

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Reminder that nearly half if not more of the games in the 3DS game is already localized. It's all a matter of translating the GBA games (which could be problematic, as I have a hard time seeing Bon Odori getting proper localization) and the new ones.

And then they could just release it on eShop if the series is too niche here.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
If they pulled off Ringside and Love Rap then anythings possible really.

Last edited:

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Geez 30 new minigames and 70 remastered minigames? Is that right? That's a ton if it isn't counting the variations of the minigames you play through. Also I am sure it will be localized.

Banana Waffle Deed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sapsiper
3DS FC
1263-6961-7801
Ugh I'm pretty late this announcement but I'm all set on the hype train! :grin:

I wonder how the games in Rhythm Heaven Fever will be controlled. I don't know if it would better that it would controlled by completely the touch screen or being controlled by a mix of the touch screen and buttons (I haven't played the DS version to see how well either would work.)

That's an amazing costume! Did you bring two other people with you there?

Geez 30 new minigames and 70 remastered minigames? Is that right? That's a ton if it isn't counting the variations of the minigames you play through. Also I am sure it will be localized.
I hope so....:sadeyes: or else I'll be like this:

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I wonder how the games in Rhythm Heaven Fever will controlled. I don't know if it would better that it would controlled by completely the touch screen or being controlled by a mix of the touch screen and buttons (I haven't played the DS version to see how well either would work.)
i think its a safe bet they'll control the same way as on the wii

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
I do support the chorus men since I have always loved the rhythm heaven/beat the beat series

but I do want a Marshall of it o: or a alt texture that has Marshall and his gang for the chorus men!

Masque

Keeper of the Keys

I absolutely love your costume! I hope you also did a little a cappella for kicks. ;)

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The game has been hacked, and a stage emblem by the name of rhythm has been found in the code.
Sorry in advance for the crappy format. I'm pasting it as I see it. I haven't been able to deserialize the xtal and db files yet.

In SSB4\param\ui\ui_character_db:I found a very strange reference:

Ë
ÿÿ J Omakase c ÿÿÿÿ 454ÿÿÿÿ
Miifighter 12%ÿÿÿÿ Miiswordsman 23&ÿÿÿÿ Miigunner 34'ÿÿÿÿ Mario ÿÿÿÿ Donkey
ÿÿÿÿ Link
ÿÿÿÿ Samus ÿÿÿÿ Yoshi
ÿÿÿÿ Kirby ÿÿÿÿ
Fox ÿÿÿÿ Pikachu
ÿÿÿÿ Luigi ÿÿÿÿ
Captain &'
ÿÿÿÿ Ness
%&(ÿÿÿÿ Peach ÿÿÿÿ Koopa ÿÿÿÿ Zelda
ÿÿÿÿ Sheik ÿÿÿÿ Marth ÿÿÿÿ Gamewatch ,ÿÿÿÿ Ganon +ÿÿÿÿ Falco * Wario -ÿÿÿÿ
Metaknight ÿÿÿÿ Pit ÿÿÿÿ Szerosuit ÿÿÿÿ Pikmin
()ÿÿÿÿ Diddy
ÿÿÿÿ Dedede ÿÿÿÿ Ike ÿÿÿÿ Lucario ! ÿÿÿÿ Robot $%.ÿÿÿÿ ! Toonlink ÿÿÿÿ " Lizardon ! ÿÿÿÿ # Sonic " 01"ÿÿÿÿ $ Drmario $ ++1ÿÿÿÿ % Rosetta ' ÿÿÿÿ & Wiifit ( )*ÿÿÿÿ ' Littlemac ) ÿÿÿÿ ( Murabito * '(ÿÿÿÿ ) Palutena + ÿÿÿÿ * Reflet , ÿÿÿÿ + Duckhunt - #/ÿÿÿÿ , KoopaJr . 0ÿÿÿÿ - Shulk / *.!ÿÿÿÿ . Purin # "!)ÿÿÿÿ / Lucina % --2ÿÿÿÿ 0 Pitb & ,,3ÿÿÿÿ 1 Gekkouga 0 #"ÿÿÿÿ 2 Pacman 1 ./$ÿÿÿÿ 3 Rockman 2 /0#ÿÿÿÿ È Miiall ÿÿÿÿ ÿÿÿÿ É Koopag ÿÿÿÿ ÿÿÿÿ Ê
Littlemacg ÿÿÿÿ ÿÿÿÿ Ë Question c ÿÿÿÿ ÿÿÿÿ Ò Master ÿÿÿÿ ÿÿÿÿ Ó Mcore ÿÿÿÿ ÿÿÿÿ Ô Crazy ÿÿÿÿ ÿÿÿÿ Õ MasterCrazy ÿÿÿÿ ÿÿÿÿ Ö Bakudan ÿÿÿÿ ÿÿÿÿ × Sandbag ÿÿÿÿ ÿÿÿÿ Ø Ridley ÿÿÿÿ ÿÿÿÿ Ù MetalFace ÿÿÿÿ ÿÿÿÿ Ú YellowDevil ÿÿÿÿ ÿÿÿÿ Û Miienemyf 7 ÿÿÿÿ Ü Miienemys 8 ÿÿÿÿ Ý Miienemyg 9 ÿÿÿÿ Þ Miienemyall ÿÿÿÿ ÿÿÿÿ ß Virus ÿÿÿÿ ÿÿÿÿ à Narration ÿÿÿÿ ÿÿÿÿ á Assist ÿÿÿÿ ÿÿÿÿ â Pokemon ÿÿÿÿ ÿÿÿÿ ã Enemy ÿÿÿÿ ÿÿÿÿ

The strange reference is of course, Virus. It's the only reference to it that I could find and it's also important to note that Nabbit is missing. (Maybe it's because Nabbit can't take damage...so he doesn't have a UI name?) My theory is that there was going to be a Dr. Mario stage (As Isle Delfino is his "home stage"), but due to time constants, it ended up getting cut/pushed over to possible DLC. However, this is the only reference to it so I'm not 100% convinced yet.

Here's the stage DB, just for reference:
ÿÿ : Omakase c / / ÿ 0.0
BattleField_f / /
BattleField_f End_f End_f Galaxy 0 0 Galaxy MarioU 1 1 MarioU MarioKart 2 2 MarioKart XMansion . . \ \ XMansion XDolpic L L XDolpic XKart M M XKart DKReturns 5 5
DKReturns
64Jungle " " P P 64Jungle Skyward 4 4
Skyward XOldin ! ! O O
XOldin
Metroid 6 6 Metroid XNorfair # # Q Q
XNorfair YoshiU
7 7 YoshiU DxYorster
$ $ R R DxYorster Cave

8 8 Cave XHalberd % % S S XHalberd Assault : : Assault XStarfox ' ' U U XStarfox Kalos 3 3 Kalos XStadium N N XStadium XFzero * * X X XFzero PikminU
< <! PikminU Colloseum_f

; ; Colloseum_f XEmblem ( ( V V XEmblem Gamer > > Gamer DxOnett + + Y Y DxOnett Village2 9 9" Village2 XVillage & & T T# XVillage Angeland = = Angeland XPalutena ) ) W W XPalutena ! Wufu ! D D+ Wufu "
Pilotwings # G G* !
Pilotwings # WiiFit F F$ " WiiFit $ PunchOut B C% # PunchOut % XenoBlade A A& $ XenoBlade & Temple - - [ [ % DxShrine ' DuckHunt ? ?' & DuckHunt ( Wrecking @ @) ' Wrecking ) XDonkey , , Z Z( ( XDonkey * Gw3 K K ) Gw3 + Wily J J- * Wily , Pacland I I. + Pacland - Windyhill H H, , Windyhill . Miiverse " E E ÿ Miiverse /
BattleField_l l l / / - BattleFieldL_f È MenuMusic ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ . Menu É
WorldSmash c ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ÿ 0.0 Ê
BattleField_k c ] ] ] ] ÿ 0.0 Ë Allstar_f c ^ ^ ^ ^ ÿ 0.0 Ì Homerun_f c _ _ _ _ ÿ 0.0 Í Bomb_f c ` ` ` ` ÿ 0.0 Î OnlineTraining_f c b b b b ÿ 0.0 Ï PrePlay_f c c c c c ÿ 0.0 Ð
FigureRush c a a a a ÿ 0.0 þ StageMake c d d d d ÿ 0.0

Here's the emblem reference list (ui_mark_db):
ÿÿ È smashbros
donkeykong starfox kirby fzero
metroid mother pokemon zelda mario

yoshi
fireemblem
gamewatch
pikmin wario palutena famicomrobot sonic plankton touch doubutsu wiifit
xenoblade punchout duckhunt rhythm rockman
nintendogs miiplaza pacman tomodachi wreckingcrew !
wuhuisland " miiverse #
lightplane $
braintraining % balloonfight & diary c etc  cs_all ‘ cs_equip ’
cs_special “ cs_miiparts ”
cs_miibody • figure – money — stage ˜ sticket ™ cd š soft › mb ô
fsi_moveup õ
fsi_jumpup ö fsi_atkup ÷
fsi_specialup ù
fsi_itemup ú fsi_defup û fsi_allup ü
fg_fighter ý fg_companion þ fg_finalarts ÿ fg_item fg_assistfigure fg_pokeball fg_ws fg_fs fg_enemy fg_stage fg_series fg_etc fs_item ½ m_retnormal ¾ m_rethold ¿ m_x0001 À m_reset ó m_stage  m_fighter à m_friend Ä
m_download Å m_loading Æ m_nowloading Ç m_team È m_exitmulti Ê m_rulenormal Ë m_ruletimelimit Ì m_customize Í m_rulehandicap Î m_ruleblowratio Ï m_rulestaeselect Ð m_rulestock Ñ m_ruleadditonal Ò m_ra_stocklimit Ó m_ra_teamattack Ô m_ra_pausefunction Õ m_ra_scoredisplay Ö m_ra_damagedisplay × m_ra_randomstage Ø m_miifighter Ù m_miishooter Ú
m_miisordsman Û m_figlist_rotate Ü m_figlist_move Ý m_tr_lock Þ m_tr_camera ß m_tr_fixedcamera à m_tr_zoomin á m_time â
m_ra_selfmiss ã m_popup ä m_title å m_main æ m_clear ç m_ar è m_info é m_wiiu ê m_pass ë m_arcade ì m_pad1 í m_tds É m_melee î m_rule ï m_rule_item ð
m_rule_add ñ m_rule_stage ò m_chara ó m_stage ô m_result õ m_chara_8 ö
m_result_8 ÷
m_melee_multi ø m_melee_newg ù
m_wifi_friend ú
m_friend_list û m_wifi_other ü m_wifi_enjoy ý m_wifi_serious þ
m_wifi_record ÿ m_wifi_watch m_watch_list m_wifi_share m_share_replay m_share_list
m_share_photo m_share_mii
m_share_stage m_wifi_event
m_event_compe m_event_conq
m_wifi_tour m_field m_result_field1
m_other m_other_one m_diffi m_order m_order m_order m_order m_order_stage_m
m_order_stock m_order_stage_c m_order_how m_world m_event m_other_all m_stadium m_stadium_spar m_other_chrmake m_chrmake_cs
m_chrmake_mii m_other_stgmake ! m_other_col " m_col_fig #
m_flg_list $
m_fig_disp %
m_fig_coin &
m_fig_shop ' m_fig_box ( m_col_album ) m_col_replay * m_col_sound + m_col_record , m_col_record_vs - m_record_count .
m_record_info / m_record_bonus 0 m_other_option 1 m_option_vibrate 2 m_option_button 3 m_option_sound 4 m_option_border 5 m_option_pos 6
m_option_wifi 7 m_option_profile 8 m_option_camera 9 m_option_mymusic : m_from_offical ;
m_from_friend < m_from_delivery è mariocart

The interesting things in this one are: rhythm, touch, brain training, balloon fight, light plane. Emblems are used for characters, but they could be stages/ trophies too. plankton might be a left over from Brawl as it follows the order.
Indeed.

The fact that all content was removed is suspicious though.

I hypothesize that Sakurai is planning on having them as DLC.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Indeed.

The fact that all content was removed is suspicious though.

I hypothesize that Sakurai is planning on having them as DLC.
So what exactly is the removed content? Sorry, I'm just not following what's going on right now. Is this even on Wii U or 3DS?

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
So what exactly is the removed content? Sorry, I'm just not following what's going on right now. Is this even on Wii U or 3DS?
Essentially, in the game's database for emblems there is a reference to "rhythm". The order of the database strongly suggests that some Rhythm Heaven rep was going to be playable at some point.

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
The game has been hacked, and a stage emblem by the name of rhythm has been found in the code.
THIS. CHANGES. EVERYTHING.

This discovery has gotten me truly excited. It is essentially confirmation that Rhythm Heaven was put into consideration at some point.. which in turn, grants future RH DLC huge plausibility to be fulfilled later on.

And considering there is a new Rhythm Heaven game coming out that would coincide perfectly with Smash DLC...

I take no shame in posting this GIF again;

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Things are looking up now! :D

After there was no sign of them before, I admit, I was a bit discouraged. Maybe they were just Gematsu's "Professor Patrice," the inaccurate information among the real info. Now though...I feel...hopeful.

Maybe a different team will make post-Mewtwo DLC after all. Maybe...there's hope.

And now I say...Together Now!

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
I can admit, my hope was being drained there for a while. I'm certainly glad I always held onto that tiny glimmer though.. especially through the constant denial of Gematsu.

So, from here I suppose we simply wait and speculate. Rhythm Heaven 3DS comes out in summer of this year for Japan, right? Perhaps we'll get some information to coincide with the release, it'd be a perfect marketing tactic on Nintendo's part. At this point, I believe without a shadow of a doubt that the Kids were one of the cut characters.. it's just a matter of whether or not Sakurai will want to reconsider them seeing as how there isn't a deadline when DLC is put into the picture.

I have hope.

Themagnificentmoldy

Smash Apprentice
I freaked out this morning about this...I really hope this raises chances. The reason I'm kind of skeptical is because I'd like to know why they weren't included in the first place. If it's something akin to the reason that Ice Climbers were not included, I'd doubt it. But my hope is still strong.

Themagnificentmoldy

Smash Apprentice
I freaked out this morning about this...I really hope this raises chances. The reason I'm kind of skeptical is because I'd like to know why they weren't included in the first place. If it's something akin to the reason that Ice Climbers were not included, I'd doubt it. But my hope is still strong.
On the brighter side, maybe Sakurai's thought process was akin to this: "I could have Chorus Men be released in the full final version. OR, I could release them when there is a regained interest due to the new 3DS game."
Hell, he said he wasn't sure about DLC, but you can never trust that man.

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
It could've been just lack of priority + time constraints, unfortunately. But again, seeing as how there aren't time constraints when DLC is put into the picture, the team could easily finish off the deadline-related cut characters that were in development. (Sakurai confirmed there were indeed cut characters in an interview.. sort've obvious, but y'know, it's there)

In regards to your second point.. The release timing of Rhythm Heaven 3DS could've been taken into account if that game was involved in the mentality behind considering the Chorus Kids in the first place or pushing them to DLC, though that'd be contradicting Sakurai's statement about not having any DLC planned at the moment. It's really difficult to decipher the reasoning behind all of his decisions..

I'm just glad DLC is a thing this time around as opposed to having to wait 5-6 years for another chance. My hopes are definitely high.

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
It could've been just lack of priority + time constraints, unfortunately. But again, seeing as how there aren't time constraints when DLC is put into the picture, the team could easily finish off the deadline-related cut characters that were in development. (Sakurai confirmed there were indeed cut characters in an interview.. sort've obvious, but y'know, it's there)

In regards to your second point.. The release timing of Rhythm Heaven 3DS could've been taken into account if that game was involved in the mentality behind considering the Chorus Kids in the first place or pushing them to DLC, though that'd be contradicting Sakurai's statement about not having any DLC planned at the moment. It's really difficult to decipher the reasoning behind all of his decisions..

I'm just glad DLC is a thing this time around as opposed to having to wait 5-6 years for another chance. My hopes are definitely high.
Its a happy day, there is evidence that the Chorus men were planned and that they could be DLC, and the Wolf for DLC petition just reached 1034 supporters. Happy day indeed.

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
Its a happy day, there is evidence that the Chorus men were planned and that they could be DLC, and the Wolf for DLC petition just reached 1034 supporters. Happy day indeed.
I literally could not be happier.. Unless they were confirmed, of course, heh. Heck, even Wolf could be plausible at this point; if the Mewtwo DLC is successful (it will be) then Sakurai may be inclined to continue implementing characters, most likely the ones that were cut due to time constraints. The fact that Chorus Kids appear to be among those cut characters has made me sad.. yet ecstatic for DLC at the same time.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
The hype is real.
I've long suspected that the conspicuous lack of RH Music suggested a Rhythm Heaven stage in development, now maybe I can hope for even more!

Top Bottom