• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AltF4: Critique my Falco, Dark Friendlies

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hey all! I've put together more than my share of videos, but none of myself. So I thought it was about time I put together some so that I could get some advice from the community. These matches are friendlies taken at Goop's place last night.

Go ahead and be harsh, but be constructive. I want to know what everyone has to say. Enjoy!

AltF4 (Falco) Vs Dark (Sheik) --- YouTube

AltF4 (Falco) Vs Dark (Falcon) --- YouTube

AltF4 (Falco) Vs Dark (Falco) --- YouTube
AltF4 (Falco) Vs Dark (Fox) --- YouTube

Oh, btw Dark, I promise I didn't just put in videos where I did well! I only left out 2 videos. One of which I won, but it was ugly ;)

Butters 000

Smash Journeyman
K first off, lasers, use them on more than one plane so to speak, full jump them, jump off the ledge and back for a DSHL, you can do so much, use them off platforms too. Which brings me to my next point, platforms. You don't use them at all, work on that. Not using platforms severely limits your playstyle. They have a zillion possibilities all of which can really help you out. Mixin **** up with them adds diversity to your game, which makes you harder to read. If your havin trouble getting tech chased, just dont tech. They're normally still in "tech chase mode", so they won't punish you for it. Use your U tilt more. It has great priority/combo potential and most people tend to forget about it. Practice overusing it for a while, and eventually it will start to be integrated nice and naturally into your game. If a sheik d smashes your shield, don't try and grab, you'll miss(that happpend to you alot). Instead, SH a dair out of your shield, that will connect. If you do land a shine on her at a low %, and you know she'll jump out if you try to pillar, use an u air to another aerial, it works much better. See you at the Tuscon tourney meng, peace.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Absolutely, thanks for the words!

It's so weird watching yourself on tape. My approaches were usually terrible. I'm sitting here going "No! Don't just rush in!". I got a couple of good combos in and tend to build an early lead, and then mess it up in the end. Gotta work on finishing matches strong too.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
Also vs sheik you had a tendency to roll from the ledge virtually all the time. If you know they are gonna land on the ledge, you can either ledgehop and land next to them and dsmash them off/dtilt /whatever because the roll took too long for you to punish the lag. You can also do a normal get up. Don't get me wrong im not saying to NOT ever roll back on but you did it almost all the time and it cost you several kills. You also had a tendency to tech roll like almost all the time. You should try to mix it up with all 7 of your options instead of just 2

I like your falco it looks solid but it just needs more general polish and experience as well as some things that butters said I like it though. Nice Job :)

Also I would probably use certain moves in certain situations where you didn't but that takes away from the whole creating your own playstyle thing but yeah nice falco dude.

D4rk_Sh3ik

Smash Ace
yeah, u just gotta switch up your techs and how you get back up after getting grabbed, u went left usually so i knew where u were gonna go.
but one thing i do remember was when u kept doing the short hop lasers, i was trying to powershield them back but i was so off on my timing and when i rolled to you, u never punished me for it, u coulda grabbed me or do a f-smash to me or something, but watch for that.
but in a real match i wouldnt have tried blocking so many lasers and try to powersheild, i woulda start throwing some needles from the air or something to u instead of blocking.

EDIT: after watching the vids.... lol wow!! i never realized i looked so noobish when i dont take the battles even a bit serious, i did forget that the games we were playing were being recorded so u can critique your falco, next time we play lets get some bit more serious matches so we can fix some of the mistakes on your style.
but after watching some of the things u done, when u do your approach with SHL you shouldnt get as close as u do cause i grabbed u almost each time, u should get that last laser in at a good distance so when you jump at me u can do a short hop d-air or go into a shine to get me into the air, and when u try to fight me when im hanging on the edge; u should spam some lasers and not come to me and stay just outta reach so i can pop up and hit you with some attack, if i do you can just f-smash me. and just try to switch up some of your lasering, like do some short-hop-reverse lasers on your approaches at me.
but i dont really play falco so maybe u can get some better advice from these other falco players on here

Vall3y

Smash Lord
alot has been said already, so ill just say you look good, and id like to point out that you use alot of ftilts , which looks odd to me. but thats your style of falco i guess

Top Bottom