• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
And Peach and Shadow Peach aren't the same person and ROB and the Virtual Boy certainly aren't the same either. If they didn't change DK's face and stuck with a shirt and fur color change it'd be like cosplay. Plus it's fairly common knowledge that big DK is Cranky and DK Jr. is modern day DK.

Pikmin1211

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pikmin1211
3DS FC
0044-3220-8865
And Peach and Shadow Peach aren't the same person and ROB and the Virtual Boy certainly aren't the same either. If they didn't change DK's face and stuck with a shirt and fur color change it'd be like cosplay. Plus it's fairly common knowledge that big DK is Cranky and DK Jr. is modern day DK.
Shadow Queen - Possesed Peach
VBROB - "Up"Graded ROB

GunBlaze

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
GBLZ#778
Some do not seem to realize. Especially on the internet -_-

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Shadow Queen - Possesed Peach
Sorry, I should have said Paper Peach isn't Peach. That's what Shadow Queen is from, right?

:facepalm:I feel like such a idiot. I`m usually the one correcting people on that

Hey we all have brain farts every now and again. I complained about Diddy's sunglasses in his victory animation once because I was sure he didn't have them in my favorite freakin' game of all time.

GeZ

Smash Lord
Sorry, I should have said Paper Peach isn't Peach. That's what Shadow Queen is from, right?

Hey we all have brain farts every now and again. I complained about Diddy's sunglasses in his victory animation once because I was sure he didn't have them in my favorite freakin' game of all time.
From what I've heard the cast of the paper mario series are the same characters as the regular mario cast, just displaced in an alternate universe. So Shadow Queen Peach is Regular Peach by virtue of dimension/ universe hopping.

MLGF

Smash Lord
Paper Mario does not interfere with the Mario "canon". Peach is still Peach. Ergo, possessed Paper Peach is still Peach, it's a fine alt.
And Paper Mario TTYD is the best Gamecube game ever... sorry Melee... and it got no love in Smash. It deserves to come back.
With Vengeance of course.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
She is still an incarnation of Peach.

And DK Jr. is an incarnation of DK, regardless of the fact that DK and DK Jr. are literally the same individual at different points of his life.

Paper Mario does not interfere with the Mario "canon". Peach is still Peach. Ergo, possessed Paper Peach from is still Peach, it's a fine alt.
And Paper Mario TTYD is the best Gamecube game ever... sorry Melee... and it got no love in Smash. It deserves to come back.

With Vengeance of course.

That was my point, actually.

splat

Smash Lord
Guys, there is no Mario canon.
I repeat: there is no Mario canon.

Miyamoto considers the Mario characters to be a troupe of actors (not unlike the Popeye cast), which is why they're enemies in one game yet go karting in a different one.
The "this Peach/Mario/Luigi is not this Peach/Mario/Luigi" argument is bull because of it.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion

Miyamoto considers the Mario characters to be a troupe of actors (not unlike the Popeye cast), which is why they're enemies in one game yet go karting in a different one.
The "this Peach/Mario/Luigi is not this Peach/Mario/Luigi" argument is bull because of it.
But Mario Party has canon in Mario Party 2 it says in the manual that Wario won Mario Party 1 so he thinks the new land should be named after him.

GeZ

Smash Lord

I understand this, but to counter, when was the last time you saw an acting troup change into cardboard cutouts?

splat

Smash Lord
But Mario Party has canon in Mario Party 2 it says in the manual that Wario won Mario Party 1 so he thinks the new land should be named after him.
That's not necessarily canon, that could easily be considered part of the movie's "plot".

I understand this, but to counter, when was the last time you saw an acting troup change into cardboard cutouts?
There's tons of animations based on "real" films.
First thing that came to mind is this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr._Bean_(animated_TV_series)

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Why do people really want DK Jr.? Is it really all that interesting of an idea if DK just put on that shirt? I see that being confusing to some people.

Honestly I'd prefer the Punch-Out! look. I mean maybe its me wanting the references to the arcade to stop because they take away from the DKC era whose elements and characters need more love; but I also just don't think it'd be that interesting.

There's got to be SOME other form of DK that'd make a better alt costume without being awkward.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Seeing as it seems like almost none of the costumes have alts except the "cuz Melee" ones I'm going to go on a limb and say more than one could make it in.

Generically Epic

Smash Ace
Oh wow, you're right, that'd be perfect! I was struggling to think of a Diddy costume too, now I feel dumb. : >

If DK gets Funky's clothes and Diddy has that, they'd look like total bros. 8)
I have that texture hack on my build (tourny legal stuff), and it is legit. You can get it fun brawlvault with all recolors. I would really love for diddy's hat flip taunt get the same treatment as squirtle and his sunglasses. Diddy does the taunt, it flips his hat and it is put on backwards and he now has sunglasses.
I also have funky dk and it works beautifully, though I prefer the real Super Kong on my white.

MLGF

Smash Lord
Best Donkey Kong alt

But with two gloves.
Seriously though, I do like the premise of a boxing Gorilla

lastoutlaw113

Smash Apprentice
I'd connect dauwny to down syndrome, but I would not want my comebacks to be anymore like your laundry; a cheap stinking hand me down.
You're no Prince of Bellaire, "dawg."
Oh yeah, that falcon disguise is awesome, totally put it in the game
Would you just shut up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom