• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Air Bud: Sky High- HYPE overflowing! Are you ready? - July 27th, 2013 - Columbus, OH

SoulPech

Smash Master
AIIIIIR BUUUUUD: SKY HIGH
(COULDN'T MAKE AN IMAGE IN TIME ;~; )

During the 4 month hiatus, Columbus has been roaming with no direction for a reliable venue and a chance for opportunity. Time to get "Sky High" with a new series known as Air Bud. My name is SoulPech (Colten) and I'll be your TO for this series!

WHEN:
July 27th, 2013

WHERE:
Donatos
2084 North High Street, Columbus, OH

Note: The location is right across from Ohio State University, next to United Dairy Farmers and Panda Express

FOOD:
Donatos is a pizza chain in Ohio which also serves subs, breadsticks, and calzones.
www.donatos.com

NOTE: FOR DRINKS, A FOUNTAIN DRINK (20oz) IS 1.70 WITH FREE REFILLS...WHAT A DEAL!

WHILE THERE IS NO OUTSIDE FOOD ALLOWED AT THE VENUE:
There is also many good restaurants in the area, but please do not leave if you are still in bracket unless I say it's ok. There's a Buffalo Wild Wings for the guys up North (you know who you are).

PARKING INFO:

Blue Star is the venue.
Yellow Line is meters. These are free after 10 PM.
Green Line is street parking. The parking on Summit Street is probably the most likely to have spots, but it's also the farthest (7-10 minute walk). I would suggest dropping off all of your equipment prior to parking in this area for simplicity.
Orange Circles are parking garages. They ar 10 bucks for more than 5 hours, and the rates reset at midnight (aka be out by midnight.)

This next map is zoomed in on the venue.

Blue Star is the venue.
Dark Green Line is the drop off zone. Please be quick since this is also where the Donatos drivers park.

PRICE:
Venue without a setup - $5
Wii Only- $3
TV Only - $2
Both- FREE

Brawl Singles and Doubles - $10
Project M Singles - $10
Project M Doubles - $10 ( if there's time for this)
Mystery Event - $1 (Top 3 from other events can play for free!

SCHEDULE: (Note that this is the tentative schedule!)

11:00am - Doors Open
11:30pm - Registration for All Smash Events Begins
12:30pm - Brawl Doubles
1:30pm - Project Melee Singles Begins
3:30pm - Brawl Singles Pools Begin
5:30pm - Project Melee Doubles Begins
6:00pm - Brawl Singles Bracket Begins
9:00pm - Secret Event Begins
11:00pm - Closing up shop

PAYOUTS
Brawl and Project Melee:
Singles < 32:

1) 60%
2) 30%
3) 10%

Singles > 32:

1) 55%
2) 30%
3) 10%
4) 5%

Doubles
1) 55%
2) 30%
3) 15%

Secret Event
1) 80%
2) 20%

RULESETS:

Brawl Ruleset (This awesome ruleset was taken from Kel!)

General Rules:
  • 3 Stocks
  • 8 Minute Time Limit
  • Items set to “Off” and “None”
  • Pause set to “Off”
  • Meta Knight’s infinite dimensional cape tactic is banned.
  • All infinites and chain grabs are legal until 300%.
  • There is a 40 Ledge Grab Limit for all characters.
  • If the Ledge Grab Limit does not declare one player the winner, the winner will be declared by what the game says in all situations, except for when players are presented with sudden death:
    • In the event of a match going to time, the winner will be determined by who has less percent (stock difference still takes priority but will be shown in the results screen).
    • If the match ends with both players dying at the same time (either coincidentally or via suicide move) or if time ran out with both players at equal percent, a one stock three minute rematch will be played on the same stage. For a tie-breaker match, a Ledge Grab Limit of 15 is used for all characters.
  • If a game goes to time and one player goes over the Ledge Grab Limit for their character, they will automatically lose the game. If both players exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then this rule is ignored.
  • The act of stalling is banned: stalling is intentionally making the game unplayable: Such as becoming invisible, continuing infinites, chain grabs, or uninterruptible moves past 300%, and reaching a position that your opponent can never reach you.
  • Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
  • Pools play seeding will be determined by set wins first, followed by head to head wins in case of ties, followed by wins - losses, followed by replaying of a starter stage best of 1.
  • In all 3/5 Sets, all stages in the Starter/CP list will be available, no bans, and Modified Dave's Stupid rule will be in effect. This states that the person cannot counterpick where they LAST won.
Modified Doubles Rules:

• Team Attack set to “On”
  • Double Meta Knight is Banned.
  • Life stealing is allowed.
  • In the event of a game reaching the time limit, if a single player on a team exceeds their Ledge Grab Limit, that team loses. If one or more players on both teams exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then the Ledge Grab Limit rule is ignored.
  • In the event of a game going to time and the Ledge Grab Limit can not determine a winner and both teams have an equal amount of combined stocks, then whichever team has a lower combined percent is declared the winner. If percents are tied then a 1 stock per player, 3 minute tie-breaker match on the same stage will occur.
  • If a player is using the character Pokemon Trainer, Lucario, or Sonic, either team may request that team colors be changed to make it easier to tell the difference between team players.
Set Procedure:

1) Player Priority is determined if it can not be agreed on. (See below for details)
2) Each Team selects one controller port to use for each Player. During Teams play controller ports 1 & 4 and 2 & 3 will each constitute as 'one controller port.'
3) Each Team selects one character for each Player. A double blind pick may be called by any player.
4) The first game is played on a Stage selected from the Starter Stage List either by mutual consent or through the Stage Striking Method. The order of stage striking will be 1-2-1 (Team 1 strikes a stage, followed by Team 2 striking two stages, with Team 1 then striking one of the two remaining stages).
5) The first match is played.
6) The team that lost the previous match may opt to re-pick controller ports (with themselves picking first).
7) The Team that won the previous match may announce one “Stage Ban” if they have not already done so in this set.
8) The Team that lost the previous match announces the stage for the next match from either the Starter or the Counterpick Stage List. Any Stage named as a “Stage Ban” by the either Team may not be selected. No Stage may be used by a Team that has already won on that Stage in this set.
9) The Team that won the previous match chooses one character for each Player.
10) The Team that lost the previous match chooses one character for each Player.
11) The next match is played.
** Repeat steps 6-11 for all proceeding matches.

Determining Player Priority:

If there is a dispute in controller port selection or initiating Stage Strike use the following method:
  • Teams will use a random method such as Rock-Paper-Scissors, Coin Flip, or Game and Watch Judgment, where the winner selects either first choice in port selection or first choice in stage striking. Whichever team does not receive first choice in port selection will be compensated with first choice in stage striking.
Stage List:

Starters
Battlefield
Final Destination
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island (Brawl)

Counterpicks
Pokemon Stadium 1

Project Melee Ruleset (Provided by Juushichi)

All Setups must run Version 2.6!!

• 4 stock, 8:00 minute timer
  • Items OFF and set to NONE
  • Buffer OFF
  • Ties after the time limit are determined by stocks, then by percentage.
  • If a match ends with both players dying at the same time resulting in Sudden Death, a 1-stock rematch will be played out on the same stage.
  • All Semi-finals and Finals matches will be Best of 5 format.
  • If each player has one stock remaining and the match ends due to a suicide move (Ganon's side-B, DDD's swallow, holding someone in a grab on a platform as it moves out of the boundaries, etc.), the player who initiated the move wins.
  • Non-first party controllers must be inspected by TO staff before use in tourney.
  • Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in forfeiture of the match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
  • Dave's Stupid Rule: You cannot counterpick a stage you have won on in a set unless agreed upon by the opponent.
  • Player's Choice Clause: You may play by a rule outside of this ruleset if your opponent agrees to it as long as it does not deliberately delay the tournament process. In the event of a disagreement, house rules stand.
  • Double Blind Character Picks: Players may elect to double blind pick their characters for the first match in case of any disputes.
- Stage Strike from Starters for the first match of the set in "1-2-2-1" fashion -

- Prior to this, select the stages that are starters at the options menu, then at the Stage Select Screen (SSS) press Y to clear off non-selected stages. -
- Press X while hovering over the stages you're striking to deselect single stages at the SSS screen. -
1. First player strikes one stage.
2. Second player strikes the next two stages.
3. First player strikes the next two stages.
4. Second player strikes one stage.

Singles | Starters [7 stages]
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium 2
Smashville
WarioWare
Green Hill Zone
Dracula's Castle
Yoshi's Island: Brawl

Singles | Counterpick: [9 stages] [One ban.]
Halberd
Dreamland 64
Norfair
Skyloft
Pokemon Stadium
Final Destination
Metal Cavern
Fountain of Dreams
Castle Seige

Doubles | Starters [5 stages]
Battlefield
Final Destination
Pokemon Stadium 2
Smashville
Yoshi's Island: Brawl

Doubles | Counterpick: [5 stages] [One ban.]
Norfair
Dracula's Castle
Dreamland 64
Green Hill Zone
Metal Cavern
[/colapse]

To Preregister, please let me know in the Thread or RSVP with the Games you'll play, teammate, and setups.

NOTE: SETUPS ARE IMPORTANT FOR EVERY TOURNAMENT! IT'S BETTER TO HAVE TOO MANY SETUPS RATHER THAN NOT HAVING ENOUGH! MORE TOURNAMENTS = MORE FRIENDLIES = MORE MMs = SUCCESSFUL TOURNEY! THERE SO MUCH I CAN DO SO ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED :3

ARCHIVE CHANGES:

5/16: Created Thread
5/18: Added Basic Information
5/19: Edited Basic Information
6/8: Edited Hotel, and updated Registration Information
6/13: Cleaned up on page and added additional attendance list
6/26: Collapsed down attendance, updated Schedule, added Setups List
7/7: Updated P:M Ruleset and finalized the tentative schedule
7/11: Added Photo and Touched up registration

SoulPech

Smash Master
HOUSING INFO

If you are able to house in the Columbus area... let me know so you can be added here!

Click on the names to PM the hosts for any questions!

Housing with SoulPech

Housing with Juushichi

HOTEL INFO
I would suggest checking out The Knights Inn if you're looking for a cheap 1 day stay. It's 4 miles away from the venue and the room is 45 bucks. You can also visit here and you can find some hotels near the venue​

REGISTRATION LIST

(Note: :039: :jigglypuff: means they are PR'd in their state):

Sky High for Brawl Singles:

1) SoulPech (Dublin, OH)

2) Shadow the Past (Portsmouth, OH)

3) Carls493 (Columbus, OH) :039:

4) FF Salt Master Stewy (Livonia, MI) :039:

5) FF Ori_Bro (Sylvan Lake, MI) :039:

6) Clowsui (Cincinatti, OH)

7) Steel Samurai (Cincinatti, OH)

8) LOE1 (Southfield, MI) :039:

9) Ally (Mount Morris, MI) :039:

10) DrillBit Sammy (Columbus, OH)

11) Alfastryke (Pickerington, OH)

12) MX ( Columbus, OH) :039:

13) KSev (Livonia, MI)

14) Zinoto (Ann Harbor, MI) :039:

15) iThrowThings (Akron, OH)

16) Kees (McComb, MI)

17) BulletSquall (McComb, MI)

18) Jcwest2007 (Dublin, OH)

19) Twig (KY)

20) Kryp (KY)

21) A:G (KY)

22) Ogie (KY)

23) A.M. (KY)

24) ravemaster47 (TX)

25) psychoace (TX)

26) Shenanagans (Pickerington, OH)

27) SuperSalamence (Gahanna, OH)

Sky High for Project M Singles:

1) Juushichi (Columbus, OH)

2) SoulPech (Dublin, OH)

3) Carls493 (Columbus, OH) :039:

4) FF WuvS ( Allen Park, MI)

5) Ally (Mount Morris, MI) :039:

6) Vanz (NEOH) :jigglypuff:

7) FF JT:denzel: (Ypsilanti, MI)

8) Drillbit Sammy (Columbus, OH)

9) Falcon's Fist (Columbus, OH)

10) JT556? ;~; (Columubus, OH)

11) Alfastryke (Pickerington, OH)

12) iThrowThings (Akron, OH)

13) Sonjicboom (Cleveland Heights, OH)

14) SFrogg (Bellfontaine, OH)

15) Fjolnir (Bellfontaine, OH)

16) MeekSpeedy (Hamilton, Canada)

17) TOJoe (Toronto,Canada)

18) Shenanagans (Pickerington, OH)

Setups (Goal = 10 fullsetups Brawl/ 5 fullsetups for P:M:

TVs

1) SoulPech
2)SoulPech
3)SoulPech
4)SoulPech
5)SoulPech
6)Juushichi
7)FF Ori_Bro
8) FF Stewy
9) Alfastryke

Wiis

1)SoulPech (both)
2)Juushichi (P:M)
3)FF Ori_Bro(Brawl)
4)FF Stewy (Brawl)
5)Alfastryke (both)
6)ravemaster47 (brawl)
7) Shenanagans (both)
8) SuperSalamence (Brawl)

SoulPech

Smash Master
Start Date: July 27th, 2013 12:00 pm
End Date: July 28th, 2013 12:00 am
I have the room reserved till when they close. It's not a 2-day tourney.

SoulPech

Smash Master
I'm thinking up what ruleset I want to use. I could just be safe and go with the Apex Ruleset, but I know when Kel ran the tourney in Cinci, he used a ruleset that I enjoyed alot too.

hmm decisions...

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Looking at how Outrage 2 handled Brawl Singles and P:M Singles overlay, I suggest you start P:M singles around the mid point of doubles so there will not be any huge crossing amongst players.

Besides that, I should be able to be here. I will request off the Sunday after this so I can enjoy a weekend in Columbus!

I will also get that image for you ASAP my plate is busy with Graphic requests atm.

SoulPech

Smash Master
That's a good suggestion. I'll definitely keep that in mind. Hype for requesting days off!

Still waiting on that image :3.

EDIT: Haven't update this in a while. I will when I get home tonight!

Sweet™

Smash Famous @PennStateSweet #SweetNation
Premium
If Melee were here, that would've been a dealbreaker. :l

Haven't seen that many within short driving distance in the Midwest.

Cia

das kwl
:subscribes:

This could be a possibility if I can find a bus to Columbus.

also, Hotel info?! how big is this going to be?

SoulPech

Smash Master
to be honest, I would love to have a 32 man bracket, but the main reason why I was considering hotel information is the lack of housing in Ohio. AFAIK, the only two people willing to house are myself and Juushichi, so I was being considerate and find hotel info for those who need a place to stay...or they can beast a night drive :p

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Dakota,

you, Ian, and I should discuss this tonight maybe? I'd like to get this figured out!

SoulPech

Smash Master
Edited some information on the OP, such as Hotel information and updated the attendance list. Spread the word and bring setups! :3

JTsm

Smash Master
I'll bring a set up and maybe a spare TV to assist a spare Wii. But deff 1 set up.

JTsm

Smash Master
PM, and most likely. Just don't give me Nyquil if I happen to be at your place.

Shadow the Past

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3711-8167-5215
I'll probably bring a half setup. After Mich Masters I'm not really in the mood to lug my giant TV around to events anymore lol.

W.C.N

Smash Lord
I'll probably bring a half setup. After Mich Masters I'm not really in the mood to lug my giant TV around to events anymore lol.
did you carry it all the way from the front or bring it to the back and carry it in, THEN park your car? thats the smart way to do it and took me 3 visits to actually start doing it

Shadow the Past

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3711-8167-5215
did you carry it all the way from the front or bring it to the back and carry it in, THEN park your car? thats the smart way to do it and took me 3 visits to actually start doing it
Carried it from the front. I asked Ori where's the quickest way to bring it in, and he just said bring it from the front.

Normally I've been perfectly fine bringing my TV but I've had people to help with doors and and trade off when I get tired or whatever. And I asked Soulpech to help but he was being a grump :I

W.C.N

Smash Lord
fastest way is to go around the back and your carrying it literally through 1 door then a staircase and an always open door

Top Bottom