• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Advice on fighting Roy, Marth and both links

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Ok, thanks to some of you guys here and the deep down advice I have recived. Im working hard on My FC cause most of you know that is my biggest problem. I Used it against my friends luigi, at first it was hard. but then I got advice on how to use like what to do, and I did not know this before but at times I have to space my FC techs. half the time I would do an FC tech then I would leave myself open. so I was patient with it and all and lil by lil I got the hang of it. I still cant control it at a fast level but, im doing better than before when I got the advice. and while reading the advice you all gave me as well. So thank you.

Now I want to know how to use it against these characters. I'll explain what trouble im having when I FC against these characters so you can get an Idea and help me move.

Roy- His F+B kills my FC and I get attacked cause I tried to FC him. i cant seem to find a way to get past that. and when I get hit with his F+B, its hard to decide where to DI. and on the edge, I tend to get spike by the move. any advice on how to get Past that with FC and how to DI that move?

Marth- Oh man he is a tuff one. I can hardly FC or grab a turnip. I use to be ok in this match up. But now Im bad at it.Now that im putting all the advice I ever got to work, matches are hard, and this seems to be my worst one. How am i suppose to FC against Marth. His sword seems to stop every then and wont let me breath. This Fight gets me mad or depresses me cause I cant seem to do anything.

Y.Link- His N-air seems to break through my FC. and his weapons stop it too. I play one that loves to evade while shotting weapons, so FC is hard to use aginst him and with all the weapons coming at me., and cause of it, it breaks my FC and I get comboed to death. Help on how to FC aginst this one please.

Link, same problem as Y.link I guess, his speed is less than Y.Link. but I still would like to know How to FC aginst him as a bounus. I dont have much trouble with Link............or I think anyway......advice on this please.?

Im really tying to learn How to FC well, I change how I play this game, I started all over and look at the Peach guides in here and try to do everything that you all tell me. and since I started all over, I tend to lose alot of matches and to peopple I was able to beat before. But I wanna learn how to use her well. and to do that I need to learn how to use her FC well. So help me out here please. and thank you for those that helped me out in the past and also who help me out with this lil problem. Im really greatful for your help

X-threilyss

Smash Apprentice
I'm still trying to learn all of peach's techniques too, but I'll offer my two cents..

I think one of the biggest things to think about in Floating is choosing what height you want to float at. You should change floating heights when facing different characters

Marth: Against Marth is floating can be a dangerous thing. His best moves against Peach (F-Air and F-Smash) are very easy to hit Peach while she's floating. I would only use float cancelling in one situtaion, when the opponent is knocked on the ground. There are 3 different ways they can get up, rolling, standing or using their get-up attack. Float high enough above them that you can dodge the get-up. If they do use the get-up or stand up FC an F-air. If they roll. follow them at hit with a B-Air or N-air (FC'ing this is up to you)

Roy: Same as marth, but the attacks you need to watch our for are his N-air, F-tilt, and F-Smash.

(Y.)/Link: (Lumped them together cause they're almost the same) Link can get annoying with his items. The boomgerang is easliy avoided by floating at the right height, even if he changes the direction. It is at this height that you should float at most of the time. (i'm not sure, but i think you might be able to also dodge arrows that are shot from the ground). The most annoying of Link's items is the bomb, if it hits, you're easily comboed. But keep in mind, when link has a bomb in his hand, you won't have to worry about his sword. Only his other items. If link has a bomb in his hand, float about 1.5 links height (about twice as high as avoiding the boomerang) and move in close. Move close enough that his boomerang can't hit you even if it is tilted upwards. If you're close enough and link uses his bow or b.rang FC an F-air. If he doesn't use his bow/rang he'll jump and try to hit you w/ his bomb, but you can hit hit him w/ B-air, N-air, or if he's at a high enough percent, a D-air combo. Try to keep close to link at all times, it renders his items unusable and most of peaches attack are faster then link's sword.

So there's what i have to say.. i'm not sure how practical these tactics are. There are probably better things you can do, but this is how i play. I hope I've helped.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I'm still trying to learn all of peach's techniques too, but I'll offer my two cents..

I think one of the biggest things to think about in Floating is choosing what height you want to float at. You should change floating heights when facing different characters

Marth: Against Marth is floating can be a dangerous thing. His best moves against Peach (F-Air and F-Smash) are very easy to hit Peach while she's floating. I would only use float cancelling in one situtaion, when the opponent is knocked on the ground. There are 3 different ways they can get up, rolling, standing or using their get-up attack. Float high enough above them that you can dodge the get-up. If they do use the get-up or stand up FC an F-air. If they roll. follow them at hit with a B-Air or N-air (FC'ing this is up to you)

Roy: Same as marth, but the attacks you need to watch our for are his N-air, F-tilt, and F-Smash.

(Y.)/Link: (Lumped them together cause they're almost the same) Link can get annoying with his items. The boomgerang is easliy avoided by floating at the right height, even if he changes the direction. It is at this height that you should float at most of the time. (i'm not sure, but i think you might be able to also dodge arrows that are shot from the ground). The most annoying of Link's items is the bomb, if it hits, you're easily comboed. But keep in mind, when link has a bomb in his hand, you won't have to worry about his sword. Only his other items. If link has a bomb in his hand, float about 1.5 links height (about twice as high as avoiding the boomerang) and move in close. Move close enough that his boomerang can't hit you even if it is tilted upwards. If you're close enough and link uses his bow or b.rang FC an F-air. If he doesn't use his bow/rang he'll jump and try to hit you w/ his bomb, but you can hit hit him w/ B-air, N-air, or if he's at a high enough percent, a D-air combo. Try to keep close to link at all times, it renders his items unusable and most of peaches attack are faster then link's sword.

So there's what i have to say.. i'm not sure how practical these tactics are. There are probably better things you can do, but this is how i play. I hope I've helped.

Yes it did help me alot, thank you. I have a good image on taking care of both links now. I wish I had more info on marth and roy but what you gave me I can use. thank you
Dark.Pch, you should really follow this rule... It's very simple, so I won't repeat myself, but be sure to memorize and apply this:

DON'T JUMP INTO THE ****!

EDIT: this is not a joke, I'm serious
gee thanks.....that helped alot.............-_- '

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
By the way Dark.Pch... what do you mean by FC? I think your post would be easier to understand if you would replace ''FC'' by the name of the aerial that you're using instead, cause it can lead to confusion:

example: When you say sumtin like, I've approached him with FC... you could either mean: I've approached with Fair or I've approached him with Dair.

gee thanks.....that helped alot.............-_- '
No problem. Knowing this rule is important IMO, especially against the likes of Marth, Link and Ganon.

Now for sum more Marth advice, be sure to check out the old Peach VS Marth threads, there's lots of info and tips from the good peaches in there:

http://www.smashboards.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=2319232
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=73212&page=7&highlight=Marth

CanISmash

Smash Lord
Elmont LI, Queens. Philadelphia during semesters.
ricks advice was alot more better than what you believe....

i had a slight problem with ofd (obsessive floating disorder) and it seems you are suffering from the same. i suggest 1 stock of ownage and you should come into the conclusion that... in the words of rick "shouldn't jump into the ****" if marth keeps owning you when you float cancel to him, maybe you should stop from that approach? space some turnips throws. and run in. most simple strategy. dont get predictable though. but remember unless your opponent doesn't mind a couple seconds of being stunned by turnips he will react to it and you must react to his reaction!!! ahhhh its like a math equation. dash attacks etc.... there are other moves you can do before you float cancel an aerial.

Top Bottom