• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Advice needed in a Different way with My Peach

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Been a while since I mad a hread for advice. But its a site to learn and get better so im gonna abuse it.

Ok, I think I have a pretty much average Peach here, but I'll let you guys be the judge of that. Now my topic is not on to fight characters and advice on them. My topic is how to move useing wave dashing, dash danceing and FC with Peach. That is one think I lack at. all I know is maybe dash dance a lil, or wave dash then attack. I have been playing for a year and I never really tried to get good movement in After a year or so I have become better, but by this time, I should be way better than this,, but am not cause I lack movement. Like I cant use movement well with attacks or mindgames at times...........how sad...........icant beleive I cant do this..........>____<.............*sigh*.....some player I am....... Some of my friends agree, If I would have learned it from the start, by today I may be way better than this, and even be a semi pro. Cause Im good over all, just have a hard time against a few hi tiers and falcon, but at times I can manage.. So I ask of you to help me out, im just learning this (yes it is sad..........>____<) Compared to my friends they can move better than me, I watch how they move compared to me, and they do it fine and throws me off. but when I try, its no good and I go into attacks and all. so help with this please?

I started to just some stuff yesterday, so I have vids of me trying to put good movement into my game. So how it? Please leave advice and such on what I should do and not do. also what to work on. Im watching mike G for this cause I love the way he moves, so I just started to study his videos. Its kinda helping cause its very hard for me. This is all new to me.thanks in advance

Battle 1

Battle 2

Battle 3

Battle 4

Kman25

Smash Ace
Hmm nice Peach, Also in terms of movement its pretty good already, It seems like to me your trying a bit too hard to hard to implement DDing into your game and you just do it at odd times.

When I watched your matches I went to watch one of Mike G's matches, Him against Darkrain. I noticed the way he uses DDing is to:

- Change the direction of wheres he facing so he can do bairs
- For tech chasing purposes

I didnt see that much dash dancing at all tbh, but wavedashing is important because learning how to space is vital. Wavedashing > DDing for Peach imo, Characters like Falcon depend on DDing a lot much more then Peach. I think your looking at your movement the wrong way imo, Your friends use different characters, So there movements will be different from yours, I think you already have good movement. Thats my 2 cents.

Master Peach

Smash Ace
One thing you should do is change your style during a match I just learned this today. This will throw off your opponent and confuse them. I call my second style Frantic Peach. It's a more aggressive faster version of my peach. Also I've added new moves to it to make different combos. With this new style being activated at my will this should leave my opponents vulnerable.

The Hypnotist

Smash Lord
I just watched the first video and it was a cool match. The parasol stuff is so of the wall, I cna't get enough of it. You also have some nice combos and you really know how to handle Roy. Just a few things I'd work on, and again, I don't know that much, I'm just a mediorce Peach but I would have to say that: The grab combos are cool, but it's not always best to jab your opponent before you throw him. It allows him to have more time to predict what your going to do, which will make his DI better. If you grab me and throw me up right away followed by a nair then I'm like, wow! If you grab me, and hit me a few times. I'll be like, hmm... I'm guessing he'll throw me up so I can DI out of it if he tries to nair. So you actually got more damage in by throwing him right away rather then jabbing. The other thing is your turnip stuff. You seem to pull turnips and not follow up with them. It's almost as if you throw them as soon as possible, you should use turnips more for pressuring, which you do, it's just a little more predictable. You can also use them for combos and stuff, like V-Dropping, instant float to Dair > V-drop > Dair > Nair works wonders. Your parasol and up smash stuff is great and works because no one sees it coming. You should make your turnips more like that too. But again, what do I know? Besides that it's great, and it's always great to watch you play. I would love to see some more videos of you playing counterpick stages though. Anyways. Good Job! Keep it up.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Hmm nice Peach, Also in terms of movement its pretty good already, It seems like to me your trying a bit too hard to hard to implement DDing into your game and you just do it at odd times.

When I watched your matches I went to watch one of Mike G's matches, Him against Darkrain. I noticed the way he uses DDing is to:

- Change the direction of wheres he facing so he can do bairs
- For tech chasing purposes

I didnt see that much dash dancing at all tbh, but wavedashing is important because learning how to space is vital. Wavedashing > DDing for Peach imo, Characters like Falcon depend on DDing a lot much more then Peach. I think your looking at your movement the wrong way imo, Your friends use different characters, So there movements will be different from yours, I think you already have good movement. Thats my 2 cents.
Alright thanks, I just put up battle 4, I think I had the best movment in there, can you see how I did there, this movement thing is hard for me........Im so clueless........>___<

darE::to::Dream

Smash Journeyman
I like your turnip mindgames and movement. You're DIing pretty well, too. Just two significant things I see...

Roll-dance: At two points you're shielding, then rolling back and forth. One of those times, you got punished for it. Watch out for this happening, it usually means you're uncertain or fearing something. Figure out what you're freezing up against.

Counter: Tell Ninja-Link to stop using Counter so much. It can hurt, but you're REALLY punishing him, multiple times, for doing it so much.

Kman25

Smash Ace
Alright thanks, I just put up battle 4, I think I had the best movment in there, can you see how I did there, this movement thing is hard for me........Im so clueless........>___<
Hmmm well yeah its better, Your using DDing better at times, But its just random at other times. I mean like at 1:46 your just doing for like no reason whilst that Roy was meant to be edgeguarded 0_o

At other times you use it well, Like you dash dance and watch how they move and then react. But still imo I think you DD too much, If your looking to speed up your movement on the ground then WD a bit more, That can also be used like DDing but better because you can space properly with it. WD back to feint and see how they react, Then you react to that reaction, If that makes sense xD Hope that helps

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Hmmm well yeah its better, Your using DDing better at times, But its just random at other times. I mean like at 1:46 your just doing for like no reason whilst that Roy was meant to be edgeguarded 0_o

At other times you use it well, Like you dash dance and watch how they move and then react. But still imo I think you DD too much, If your looking to speed up your movement on the ground then WD a bit more, That can also be used like DDing but better because you can space properly with it. WD back to feint and see how they react, Then you react to that reaction, If that makes sense xD Hope that helps
Yea it does, thanks, I'll try to work on it. ands yea, at times I do it for no reason. its just Im new to this and dont know how to use DD or wave dash that well........>____<

I really have to think out my azz to get this right.......im such a smash noob.........-_____- '

Kman25

Smash Ace
Yea it does, thanks, I'll try to work on it. ands yea, at times I do it for no reason. its just Im new to this and dont know how to use DD or wave dash that well........>____<

I really have to think out my azz to get this right.......im such a smash noob.........-_____- '
lol You remind me of me, I say that a lot to myself and I just get randomly nervous at tournaments or even smashfests. But yeah you have done pretty well to come this far wih far with Peach. She is harder to use then some characters, And no problem

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
I agree with Kman here, sometimes you seem to move only for the sake of moving and not to get something out of it.

In match 4, I saw you Dairing into an opponent's shield. When you use floating Dairs on a shielding opponent, try using a retreating FC Fair right after. You might catch em while they jump out of their shield for their counterattack, or if they shield the Fair and it was spaced properly, you get a free mixup after that. If they expect it and they roll/spotdodge, Peach has ways to punish that also haha.

Btw Kman I saw vids of your Peach and I like your style, reminds me of my Peach cause I also use plenty of instafloats. I got vids on youtube but only of my crappy Samus haha.

Kman25

Smash Ace
I agree with Kman here, sometimes you seem to move only for the sake of moving and not to get something out of it.

In match 4, I saw you Dairing into an opponent's shield. When you use floating Dairs on a shielding opponent, try using a retreating FC Fair right after. You might catch em while they jump out of their shield for their counterattack, or if they shield the Fair and it was spaced properly, you get a free mixup after that. If they expect it and they roll/spotdodge, Peach has ways to punish that also haha.

Btw Kman I saw vids of your Peach and I like your style, reminds me of my Peach cause I also use plenty of instafloats. I got vids on youtube but only of my crappy Samus haha.
Haha thanks dude, Yeah floating for long gets you pwned xD, Im still working though, Im trying to get rid of some bad habits and also I hate Peach Vs Falco or Fox, Lasers for one. And I have a very bad habit of shield grabbing and I get shined, I try to Up B it but its too slow or it doesnt hit properly. And I dont think fc aerials out of shield will work since they are slower then the shine, So yeah Im kinda stuck in those match ups xD. I just checked out your Samus, I liked it, reminds me of my bro, Mainly cos of the costume color =P

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=103017

interesting thread above. makes u think. Anyway dark peach, ur movement is fine. The only thing you have to practice is focusing on your opponents character and react to what he is doing. Every movement you make should be a counter to what he does. Think of it like a fast paced chess game. I see you play against Ninja Link alot and you keep getting hit with moves that shouldnt be connecting. so observing your opponent as well as taking advantage of openings is key.

Mr P

Smash Ace
I'm not sure what your issue really is with your movement because you are relatively smooth on a technical level, but you could certainly improve your movement smarts wise by getting yourself into better positions and focusing your movement based on what your opponent is doing. Against that roy player, you need to stop approaching as much and use more turnips because Roy is a ground based character and if you can limit his approaches more the air then he'll find it harder. Ive played a very technical peach in the past but in the end you realise that peach isn't really meant to be played in a fast aggressive way, you can get the best results by keeping your game quite simple.

Movement is based around doing a few technical things which are either, dash dancing wavedashing and wavelanding. You seem to be able to wavedash quite consistantly so it would certainly a good thing for you to use wavedash out of shield more, i think thats something you should spend time practicing. If you want to make your movement smoother then i think its very important for you start incorporating more wavelanding into your game, its great for spacing and mindgaming your opponent. Even just floating above the ground then wavelanding backwards or forwards is something that not many peaches do and it can be very useful because not many expect it. Also wavelanding onto platforms for smashes and follow ups etc. I wouldnt say that wavedashing is something that should be used a lot, peach has a good dash its fine to mix in the odd wavedash here or there but it should never be abused.

Kman25

Smash Ace
I'm not sure what your issue really is with your movement because you are relatively smooth on a technical level, but you could certainly improve your movement smarts wise by getting yourself into better positions and focusing your movement based on what your opponent is doing. Against that roy player, you need to stop approaching as much and use more turnips because Roy is a ground based character and if you can limit his approaches more the air then he'll find it harder. Ive played a very technical peach in the past but in the end you realise that peach isn't really meant to be played in a fast aggressive way, you can get the best results by keeping your game quite simple.

Movement is based around doing a few technical things which are either, dash dancing wavedashing and wavelanding. You seem to be able to wavedash quite consistantly so it would certainly a good thing for you to use wavedash out of shield more, i think thats something you should spend time practicing. If you want to make your movement smoother then i think its very important for you start incorporating more wavelanding into your game, its great for spacing and mindgaming your opponent. Even just floating above the ground then wavelanding backwards or forwards is something that not many peaches do and it can be very useful because not many expect it. Also wavelanding onto platforms for smashes and follow ups etc. I wouldnt say that wavedashing is something that should be used a lot, peach has a good dash its fine to mix in the odd wavedash here or there but it should never be abused.
Great Post, Helped me a bit, Cant wait to play you at ROS4 ^_^

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=103017

interesting thread above. makes u think. Anyway dark peach, ur movement is fine. The only thing you have to practice is focusing on your opponents character and react to what he is doing. Every movement you make should be a counter to what he does. Think of it like a fast paced chess game. I see you play against Ninja Link alot and you keep getting hit with moves that shouldnt be connecting. so observing your opponent as well as taking advantage of openings is key.
Dude, thanks for that thread, it really got me thinking, I have a better state of mind by reading that, and your advice helped alot. I'll work on it all

Oh-ho......thanks, I guess I was not really thinking all that well. Ok, I'll give it a shot with all this advice. Thanks, it really helps and makes sense, I'll put it to work.

P.S Nice sig. I like it, and its so funny, I laugh everytime I see it XD!!!

Top Bottom