• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Advice for fighting against Spacies

SpeedBoost

Smash Journeyman
I have been playing Ness for about a year since 2.5 and I some how always have trouble against Spacies. I feel like they sorta have the upper hand against, due to how fast they are compared to Ness. Any Advice?

Last edited:

Boiko

:drshrug:
Check the MU thread where Zeej and I talk about the Fox MU in a good amount of detail.

Ting Sing

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CADANAMAN
Since the MU thread has moved on from Fox and I still want to talk about it, I'll just ask this here. Does Ness have a chaingrab on Spacies (or at least Fox?) because sometimes my friend plays Fox and I can get 0-to-deaths on him. I know he DIs well (sometimes) and I can get him around 80 then bair him offstage. Is this actually possible against a good spacie or is my friend just bad (or me) lol. (Sorry if this was addressed in the MU thread but I don't remember reading about it)

Boiko

:drshrug:
Since the MU thread has moved on from Fox and I still want to talk about it, I'll just ask this here. Does Ness have a chaingrab on Spacies (or at least Fox?) because sometimes my friend plays Fox and I can get 0-to-deaths on him. I know he DIs well (sometimes) and I can get him around 80 then bair him offstage. Is this actually possible against a good spacie or is my friend just bad (or me) lol. (Sorry if this was addressed in the MU thread but I don't remember reading about it)
You can only CG Fox until around 30% at which point he can shine or jump out. Instead, do two up throws into an uair>regrab up throw into more uair chains and try to follow his DI. With good DI, Fox can minimize the chain and get away with about 50%, it's only guaranteed with bad DI.

Top Bottom