• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Abracadabra! Vote Taj from Diddy Kong Racing!

Chico2099

Smash Apprentice

Stage: Diddy Kong Racing Island

Move set
B: Magic Carpet Whip
Side B: Magic Carpet Dash
Up B: Balloon Recovery
Down B: Tusk Drive (Taj leaps in the air and crashes down headfirst.)
A: Standard Punch
A Forward: Standard Kick
A triple combo: Punch,Kick, Tusk Thrust.
A air: Trunk Whip.
Final Smash: Drumstick, Timber, T.T., Tiptup, Krunch, Tipsy, and Bumper come racing in and attack opponents with a barrage of Car, Plane, and Hovercraft attacks.

Assist Trophy: Wizpig attempts to stomp opponents.

Chico2099

Smash Apprentice
He would also be another heavy character to have on the roster.

That render is terrifying >_>

I would rather have this racer instead
:troll:
Sorry not for me. Unless he shows up in dk country games for some reason and we already have dixie and k rool but that isnt happening.

Last edited:

Chico2099

Smash Apprentice
That render is terrifying >_>

I would rather have this racer instead
:troll:
Sorry not for me. Unless he shows up in dk country games for some reason and we already have dixie and k rool but that isnt happening.
lol yea I know I would rather have Banjo and Kazooie instead but, I think Taj could be a neat character. Really any of the racers, I don't know why Nintendo hasn't had more of them staring in their own games. I know back in the day when Banjo Kazooie was still fresh Rare has ideas for a platforming game staring Tiptup but, it never happened, though he did appear in Banjo Kazooie. Still I would be cool to see Nintendo actually do something with these guys especially since they own them all except for Banjo and Conker.

StormC

Smash Hero
I'm pretty sure Rare owns every character in DKR that isn't a Kong or Kremling.

Last edited:

Chico2099

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty sure Rare owns every character in DKR that isn't a Kong or Kremling.
Rare actually only owns Conker and Banjo from Diddy Kong Racing. That's why they weren't included in the DS remake.

StormC

Smash Hero
Rare actually only owns Conker and Banjo from Diddy Kong Racing. That's why they weren't included in the DS remake.
http://web.archive.org/web/20070628215552/http://rareware.com/extras/scribes/25jun07/index.html

As far as I'm aware - after asking around - all the major DKR characters who aren't Kongs or Kremlings still belong to Rare. Which would make Diddy, Dixie, Tiny and Krunch the 'licensed' ones in this case
Rare developed DKRDS, they probably chose to exclude Banjo and Conker to make things easier for everyone involved (especially with Conker turning into an M-rated character).

Chico2099

Smash Apprentice

Chico2099

Smash Apprentice
I'll take Rare's word over an unsourced piece of trivia on a fanwiki.
I looked at the link you posted but, I can't really find anything relevant to what characters Rare owns and what Nintendo owns, Could you highlight the part you are talking about?

Capita

Smash Apprentice
NNID
n1ntendogamer
I liked Wizpig more. I loved Diddy Kong Racing, and personally like it more than Mario Kart. I'm not going to vote for Taj though sadly. I'm not sure how Nintendo takes multiple votes, so I'm going to stick with my one vote for Isaac.
http://www.mariowiki.com/Diddy_Kong_Racing_DS

As far as I can tell Nintendo owns everyone but Banjo, Conker, and possibly Tiptup.
I'm not sure whether the IP belongs to Nintendo or Rare, but Tiptup was in the Banjo-Kazooie games. However, only Rare IP's like Banjo and Conker were cut from the DS remake, so I'm not sure. Can anyone possibly provide reference?

StormC

Smash Hero
I looked at the link you posted but, I can't really find anything relevant to what characters Rare owns and what Nintendo owns, Could you highlight the part you are talking about?
Search for "I recently played through DKR DS," and you'll find it. It's the seventh or so question from the top.

Chico2099

Smash Apprentice
I liked Wizpig more. I loved Diddy Kong Racing, and personally like it more than Mario Kart. I'm not going to vote for Taj though sadly. I'm not sure how Nintendo takes multiple votes, so I'm going to stick with my one vote for Isaac.

I'm not sure whether the IP belongs to Nintendo or Rare, but Tiptup was in the Banjo-Kazooie games. However, only Rare IP's like Banjo and Conker were cut from the DS remake, so I'm not sure. Can anyone possibly provide reference?
lol I don't blame you taj isn't even on my top ten I just think he would be neat but, I do like Wizpig as well. Also I am rooting for Isaac as well.

Chico2099

Smash Apprentice
Search for "I recently played through DKR DS," and you'll find it. It's the seventh or so question from the top.
Good find. However lol it still doesn't seem fully certain though I will say it seems that you are likely correct. If they had to ask around who knows if they are even fully aware of the legality of who can do what with which characters.

StormC

Smash Hero
Good find. However lol it still doesn't seem fully certain though I will say it seems that you are likely correct. If they had to ask around who knows if they are even fully aware of the legality of who can do what with which characters.
Yeah, it's a confusing mess for sure. There's no real precedent for something like this in the video game industry so even Nintendo and Rare aren't certain on what's what (especially where Donkey Kong 64 is concerned).

Chico2099

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, it's a confusing mess for sure. There's no real precedent for something like this in the video game industry so even Nintendo and Rare aren't certain on what's what (especially where Donkey Kong 64 is concerned).
Very true

Top Bottom