• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

About the Parasol?

X-threilyss

Smash Apprentice
okay.. i have two questions about Peach's Parasol

1. I just saw a video where Peach was trying to return to the platform with the Parasol... shiek tried to finish peach w/ her F-Air.. the attack hit, but peach seemed unharmed.. she took damage, but that was all. She didn't flinch or anything and just kept floating w/ her parasol back onto the platform... Why is that?

2. I've seen in a few vids using the parasol as a great combo.. It's when the opponent is already in the air.. the parasol hits them a little, then peach cancels the parasol but pulls it back out immediatley making the opponent flinch again.. she keeps doing this until she hits the ground and finishes with a D-Smash.. My Problem: i've tried doing this but, whenever i try, they are usually able to DI out of the open-close combo part.. and if they don't, and i do make it to the ground, they are usually able to roll away before i can use the D-Smash (even when i use the C-Stick).. is there more to the combo that i'm missing?

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
1) That one was more of a very rare glitch then anything. Sometimes, when I be training with the computer, one of the attacks I hit it with doesn't phase her at all. This could happen with all characters, but it's very unlikely it'll come out. You best bet is to wait for a solar eclips XD

2) From what you're saying that combo works best for fast fallers like Fox or Falco, but even then it's really hard to pull off. Maybe you pushed down too soon or something. If anything, it sounds like you have to push down the exact time they're phazed. here's a sample video. It's like what you said, but it's used a bit differently.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZQkoqfmwiwM

Frankly, the best way on using the parasol is ending it as a aerial combo.

korora

Smash Cadet
1. That sounds like a phantom hit. From what I understand, it happens when an attack's hitbox is tangent to your hitbox-- you take damage but no knockback.

2. Rockin pretty much covered this, just make sure you land with the parasol closed so you get no lag. If you keep them juggled with the parasol, this should ensure that you get to dsmash before they can tech, at least for fast fallers.

X-threilyss

Smash Apprentice
i see.. thanks to both of you for aswering my questions.. i appreciate it a lot =)

and thanks for that video.. not only did it answer my question, but that was quite an exciting match..

THANK YOU! <3

Top Bottom