• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Warrior Of Epic Epicness: Scott Pilgrim!

Status
Not open for further replies.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Scott Pilgrim

Scott Pilgrim is the hero and main protagonist in the Scott Pilgrim series.

Scott Pilgrim is named after the song "Scott Pilgrim" by Plumtree, one of creator Bryan Lee O'Malley's favorite songs. Scott's hobby is playing video games, strongly influenced by Mr. O'Malley. He lives in Toronto, in the Canadian province of Ontario and is the bassist for the indie rock band Sex Bob-Omb. In the books, Scott Pilgrim plays a Rickenbacker 4001c64. O'Malley chose this bass as it was the dream guitar that he could not afford.

- Scott Pilgrim Wiki -

The "Only Videogame Characters" Counterargument:

Although i've only seen this kind of counterargument on Epic Mickey discussions...it's easy to see how annoying people can turn out to be if you fire them up. But unlike Mickey, Scott doesn't exactly apply to that counterargument. Let me explain...

Mickey is a Cartoon character at his very core...although he's had some of the most memorable videogames and he has a long-running history with Nintendo consoles; he's a Cartoon character after all, and his creation or development never had anything to do with videogames or such.

But Scott Pilgrim's a very different story: He's not only a declared gamer who plays and makes references mostly to Nintendo games, his series is absolutely FULL of peeks to the gaming world. The way he battles his girlfriend's seven evil exes mimics and parodies some very memorable videogames...and if videogames weren't around, the character of Scott Pilgrim wouldn't really exist or wouldn't be same guy. What i'm trying to say is that he's one of the character that represents videogames as a whole in Pop culture. And given that his world seems to take from many consoles and games...you could say he lives in a VG world.

I'm currently in a hurry so i can't really think of a good moveset for him...but if you people would like to discuss or add movesets; it would be very nice.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Wouldn't Captain N be the perfect non-videogame gamer for Smash since he's actually owned by Nintendo?

Scott Pilgrim is a non-video game 3rd party character

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So in other words, he's better than Mickey but still ineligible, making him in fact not better than Mickey. I'm expecting a closure...

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Well hell yeah Scott Pilgrim would be awesome in smash bros.

Nintendo seems cool with him using their trademarks but I don't know if they're ready to allow him into the fray. But damn that'd probably top the hilarity of Snake getting into brawl.

He'd be the equivalent of Viewtiful Joe in the Capcom VS. franchise.
Gushing over the nintendo characters and just having a good time.

Enlong

Smash Journeyman
Did not originate in a video game, as the comic came first. Has no chance whatsoever.

A shame, really, but them's the breaks.

VictoryIsMudkipz

Smash Journeyman
Scott simply breaks to many rules to be accepted, it's very cool he pays homage to the past of Nintedo & gaming history, but being not only a non-video game character but having no real ties WITH Nintendo, that's like me being an addition to Smash Bros. if i were popular enough, I enjoy Nintedo & Gaming & have dedicated a part of my time to it, and? Doesn't mean I'm likely or destined to be in the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom