• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Super Luigi FAQ - The Basic Things 'n Links, for Beginners

Shamanized

Smash Rookie
You mean completely unreliable?? xD Thanks though I would have killed myself trying to figure it out.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Sick thread.

I'm picking up Luigi as a permanent secondary/main, so I'll be sure to look around and see what's up.

I used to main Luigi in Melee, so nostalgia took hold of me one day... I tried Luigi... and it was sex.

Nice to meet you, Luigi Boards. PoisonMist is too good.

.Marik

is a social misfit
No problem, I'll be sure to do just that when the time arises. =P

PoisonMist

Smash Journeyman
lol marik welcome back from bannedland :)
Does this mean your not going to play Yoshi anymore ??

I've also picked up secondaries : Ic's, Mk ,D3 and Marth

BSP

Smash Legend
I got some questions. 1) does luigi's up-b have invincibility frames like mario's? 2) the jab->up-b. If done as fast as possible, can it still be blocked?

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Uh we don't know if Luigi's upb has inv frames. Personally I think it does lol. Magus couldn't test it I believe, so iunno >_>.

for the jab upb, look at the inescapeable/escapeable jab follow ups including jab upb done by Magus.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=199907bo

essentially, they have to SDI to get out of a follow up.

magus explains it alot better and techanical than I could since i'm only limited lol >.<

yoshq

Smash Master
against heavy characters if the person is holding shield they will usually hit the ground and shield before you can do it.
now my question is, does luigi have a jab lock with any move besides the dash attack? also, what is the best move to use for di with luigi to fast fall?

MygL

Smash Rookie
Awesome! I just started with Luigi and this is very helpful.

BTW, I think Luigi is very, VERY predictable, in case of his recovering but I'll work in it.;)

juiey2

Smash Cadet
Can you answer me a question?

Dash attack sucks for luigi right?
What sould i use out of dash? reverse up smash?

Luigisama

Smash Champion
Can you answer me a question?

Dash attack sucks for luigi right?
What sould i use out of dash? reverse up smash?
yeah if you want a more reliable attack up reverse up smash, but Luigi's dash attack can be useful against some opponents like yoshi since Yoshi has a hard time power shielding the last hit in Luigi's dash attack. It can still be punished by yoshi.

The way I use Dash attack is if my opponent is at the edge of stage I'll use it to push him off or I use it when my opponent is in the air and he can't shield the dash attack. In the air if you land a dash attack right you'll get some free hits and I'm sure it's possible to DI or SDI but still ***** when your opponent doesn't DI.

Top Bottom