• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

a recent Ness user!!!! RATE!!!

Demenise

Smash Journeyman
Pretty good, pretty good. Just get in some more Bat and some more ABA. (Back kick in midair).

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Hmm.

1) Here's one thing that caught my attention - you barely/rarely DjCed.
That's not specifically a bad thing, since it helped you stay alive (since you werent getting hit out of your DJ)
But instead of resorting to short hops, you did ALOT of fullhops.
Infact, both of you guys did alot of full hopping (i cant help but watch the doc more since ima doc main D: )

So i'd suggest you either work some short hopping attacks or DjC'd attacks into your game, to quicken up your game.

2) You're not a big fan of punishing. (or not in this video, atleast)

Like i said, your friend did alot of big, full jumped attacks (and alot of sliding attacks. PLEASE TELL HIM TO STOP DOING THAT SO MUCH. D: )
Because you dont do alot of shorthops or DjCs, i thought you were kinda scared punish him. (Which I would be too).

You do have safe, quick options to punish him for missing techs and taking too much time. N.air and f.tilts are the main ones.

Everything else looked fine to me.

Had some good control of PKT2 (except for the PKFailure, but that happens to everyone :/)

Good overall movement and spacing.

Just keep up the work.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
You guys really need to DI better. I can't really comment on your combos or combo evasion since DI changes everything. I also noticed that you were using Pk Thunder to close to the stage. Go a little father out. The cape does not work on PKT2 in my experience, and not a lot of people know that!!! DjC more. I noticed that you do one thing better than me. Tilting. I'll never understand u-tilting, EVER!!!!

Interesting use of up-smash under the platform. It never really worked for me though. I'll try it out again.

thabettaplaya

Smash Apprentice
It's always good to see a ness player. I was only able to watch the first minute or so of the video because youtube wouldn't load up the video fast enough but here's a few comments from what I saw.....
the up throw should generally only be used against fox, falco, and CF. For other character, d-throw is best for combos. Also, work on DJCing your aerials, especially Bair. And one of the most important things to do with ness is space yourself well. Learn to space dash attacks and Fairs. Lastly, once you learn to manuever ness effectively, DJC Bairs should become a huge part of your game.

That's about all I can say from the little amount that I could watch. Sorry I couldn't see all of it and give more input but your off to a good start.

Top Bottom