• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Peach Ditto team??

Cia

das kwl
For the longest time, I've wanted to officially team with some one as a Peach ditto. But sadly, none of my other friends use peach for the simple fact that.. they just can't!! But before i start my hunt for a good partner, does the team even work?? I've play tested the team a few times with random people and i swear on everything when i say that i've never lost a match with this combination. (Til this day) I've played against many high ranking teams such as marth/peach, fox/sheik, marth/fox, sheik peach, sheik/falco .. etc. the point is, has anyone else seen a Peach ditto team in a action?? and if so, what would you rate it 1-10?? Thankz Guyz ^_^

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
The classic team was Mike G/Ryoko who got 2nd at the original Getting Schooled

Xelic and I have done double Peach and completly obliterated people, but we've never done it in tournament...we did beat Husband and Azen in a 3/5 set at FC6 though, that was hot.

The problem with double Peach is that their weaknesses are amplified, and that she's so slow she can't really help out her partner if they get into a jam. =\

brdy_

Smash Lord
That's true about amplifying weaknesses,lso it seems to me that since Peach lacks any "true" killing moves, a better compliment would be someone like Ganondorf or Fox (e.g.: Azen and Chillin)

Cia

das kwl
That does make a lot of sense. It seemed like it would be good because even though she has lots of destructive power, the two peaches never seem to cross each other. However, My current team is myself as a peach and my friend as a ganondorf. I'm guessing that team is much better??

Matsuki222p

Smash Journeyman
WALL OF FLOAT CANCEL!!!!!! Dude, just imagine, on a platform stage, two peachs turnip spamming edgeguarding. Tennis with turnips. ENDLESS POSSIBILITIES!!!!

Cia

das kwl
WALL OF FLOAT CANCEL!!!!!! Dude, just imagine, on a platform stage, two peachs turnip spamming edgeguarding. Tennis with turnips. ENDLESS POSSIBILITIES!!!!
My thoughts exactly.. i'll test this out before i make my final decision. she covers so much ground on her own, two just seems beastly (maybe that's my n00bness showing.. LoLz)

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
Like DoH said, Peach's sluggishness becomes glaringly obvious if you go double Peach =/ Not the worst combination, but I'd go with something else.

Dark Peach

Smash Cadet
in a stage like yoshi story ditto peach gottta be great......small stages so her lack of ko moves really wont matter couple butt bumpz edge hog......imagin on each end of da stage double smashin like crazy then u gonna hear """awwww shes soooooo cheap""" den we say "Sweet!!!!!!!!!!"hahahahahahah and i wud call da team Black&White PeacH(dasiy color and any otha color)XD

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
The only reason double Peach worked well for myself and Mike G was that we've already played with one another a lot and knew how to work closely without getting in each other's way. That is, until I royally ****ed up in the end and lost it for both of us. /cry

And yes, I do get extremely annoyed at other teams who try to take the name "Peach Vision" for themselves.

Samochan

Smash Master
And yes, I do get extremely annoyed at other teams who try to take the name "Peach Vision" for themselves.
Mine and and my friend's peach team goes by the name United Golden Locks. :) (or can I say curlies or curls? o.o) English translation sucks though. >_>

YKK = Yhdistyneet KultaKutrit

I've had some success with peach team, but I can tell that most of that success comes from the fact that we know each other's styles well and we've played with each other for a very long time, so we don't hit each other even though we play very close. Otherwise it's know that my friend is awful in teams, at least in most cases, but we can work well together so he's not that bad.

Cia

das kwl
What are some of peach's ideal teammates?
You guys must've missed this question. it's a good one. I already know of marth, fox, and ganondorf.. but does she work well with samus or any low tiers??

also.. i still believe the peach ditto works. Like Ryoko said, they were doing well till he screwed up (it's ok, it happens to everyone :D)

also, does any body know which teams are the biggest threat to the peach ditto??

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
I like Samus as a teammate. Super annoying to fight against on Dreamland, but you can almost guarantee that the opponents ban Dreamland against Peach/Samus as they would against double Peach.

I've teamed with a Peach as Zelda, which works surprisingly well. (Double princess!)

Biggest threats to double Peach: Marth, Fox, Ganon, Jiggly combinations..

Zoap

Smash Master
I dont like this team very much as It in my opinion takes away from one of peach's biggest adv. And that is to just run around coserve lives and dsmash to holy **** outta every person. Hence Fox Falco Marth Falco and any other non floaty works tremendous. Now this does not mean that she cant team wit other floatys it just means they usually have to be the offensive, and with double peach offensive against the likes of a good Marth Fox or Fox Sheik is just horrible.

I would say above avg but not as good as say Peach Falco.

7/10

Overswarm

is laughing at you
If you DO do double peach...

go to Corneria.

Have one of you stand under the wing, have one of you stand at the line where the jet meets the ship (black meets grey)

Rapidly press down on the c-stick.

Honestly, this is the craziest thing. AlphaZealot and I beat KishSquared and ViperBoy at CoK II like this. It's just so weird, yet so effective...

MuBa

Smash Lord
Haha, Desperate Housewives. You should see Sam and my team name with Doc and Peach: Team Health Dept.

And I can't believe I'm awake at this time of the day to post...wtf is wrong with me X_X

Cia

das kwl
HAHAHA.. yeeah, i've been thinking of a few possible team names for this combination, and the best thing i could come up with was "Dumb Blondes"

"Ooooooh, did i win??"

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
In my opinon, Peach ditto teams are not really too good. They'll have twice the dsmash power and cover aerial assult, but since they're "Peaches", they're floaty characters and thereby get owned by powerful or speedy characters (unless you're like 'Peach Vision', then you don't have much to worry about)

To me, I see Peach as a support character. Like, a type of character that'll cover the other character's/teamates flaws. Peach usually works well with others, especially with Marth, Shiek, and Fox.

Peach and Ganon teaming is great, considering Peach could help getting him back in to the field incase someone edgehogs him. I remember teaming up with Jash at a friend's house. He played Ganon and I played Peach. We called ourselves "Peaches And Cream" XD. We didn't team up in touries, but it was still fun as we faced Hoyo and JC (I think we had two and they had three wins)

Hey Vanz, if you need help with names, I could help. I'm pretty good with coming up with team names such as "Royal ***** Slappers" XD

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
How about a Peach with a Shiek, Marth or Samus? Opt. are ylink and Luigi.

I prefer Sheik and Peach, but my friend likes Marth and Sheik. I don't think the others would work very well...

Cia

das kwl
Sheik and Peach is definitely a very good team.

And yes, Peach is a support character best known for her ability to inflict devastating damage and her ability to remain alive long enough to provide an extra stock for the much more aggressive partner (I.E. Fox, Sheik, Samus) But two peaches Just mean Mass Damage, Amazing endurance, and great edge guarding.

But after all this time of talking about it, i'm finally gonna get to play test it at a tournament. Than i'll let u guyz know of the results

DeathByTurnips

Smash Cadet
When me and my cousin are just messing around, we like to play a Peach Ditto, but were undefeated as our Peach/Falco team...but thats not saying much seeing as weve never been in any major tournament, but thats not saying we havent faced some tough competition! weve got our concrete strategy down and its come through for us time and time again :D and just like VaNz said, is absolutely right, im the one who can stay alive and inflict damage while he does the killing and i keep most of my lives just in case he nees a couple, our team name is "Turnip Spikers" XD which we came up with at a totally random time not even thinking about it lol

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
*waves hand* next time Vanz we're entering doubles as Peach and Peach!

And if you want I could team with you whenever I'm not teaming with Hoyo :D

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Been meaning to answer this quote

also, does any body know which teams are the biggest threat to the peach ditto??
Several, IMO

Ditto Marths - because they're just as annoying when playing them in singles. XP

Space Animals/Space animal dittos - look above

Samus/Link or YL - this all really depends. you know they're spammers, but you don't know how much they'll spam. if Samus' teamate is YL, there'll be more comboing with some spamming involved

Capt. Falcon/Shiek - both are fast characters. and both needs to get in close to you in order to do some massive damaging and combos on you.

That's about all I know as of now.

jiggabowski

Smash Rookie
i too have always wanted a double peach official team but theres just none of my friends that will stick with it i mean ive tried it out before and it worked great but they soon went back to their ****ty characters

Alejandro_P

Smash Ace
To be honest, the trick is to stay together without getting in each others way. If you have good chemistry with the other person and how each other plays in depth its very easy to string hits from each others attacks. Also, double turnip camp is awesome.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Smiles and I got 3rd at a tournament a few weekends ago with double peach. Our team name was 'Our Milkshakes Bring All the Boys to the Yard' and we had the most trouble with teams that included other characters that were hard to kill, such as Peach or Puff.

Cia

das kwl
puff?? wow.. NY must be lacking in the "sick" jigglypuff area. I find that peach's Usmash just ***** jiggies.

also, that was a very sexy team name

Goodies

Smash Apprentice
A double Peach team would destroy a low to mid level players on teams especially if they aren't accustomed each other styles of play. Her moves her use everywhere and there's no getting around her easily. As mentioned by several, KO power isnt strong with this configuration and you'll be more or racking up damage quickly, fast edgeguarding and constant support for your team mate. You'll find yourself struggling against a good Fox/Peach, Fox/Marth or Marth/CF team with will quickly take away your stock and keep you playing more defensively though normal. In teams, you basically want to gimp your opponent as quickly as possible while retaining stock. Which I why I believe the ones mentioned above are some of the best.

Dont give up hope though. I think Double Peach can do well in teams if you know your partner and opponents well. You just have to get pass the Double Peach ditto weaknesses and play more heavily on their strong points. Sounds like a hot team!

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
What kind of idiot puffs are running into Peach's upsmash? Jiggs has so much air control that they should be able to avoid it.

Top Bottom