• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide A Link Between Duels : SSB4 Zelda Matchup Thread: [Upd2] Diddy Kong

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
how the heck is Toon Link 30:70? He has projectiles (and none of them kill). Big deal. Shield and walk past them or Nayru's if you think it's safe. His range isn't even that good. He has almost as much landing lag from aerials as us. He's rather easy to gimp. Macchi I really need to hear your explanation on this because I can't even see it being 30:70 in Brawl, much less this game.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
honestly toonie was approaching 3:7 in brawl because you could never catch Toonie and Zelda had to wait until she had a 1/10 chance of landing an usmash to kill him. Now its not at bad he's still just hard to catch. But back to Pit girls, and do we want to invite the dark pits too?

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Probably should do Dark Pit too. Only difference between them is that Dark Pit's ftilt does less knockback thnn Pit and his side b sends at a different angle so it's almost the same matchup

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
how the heck is Toon Link 30:70? He has projectiles (and none of them kill). Big deal. Shield and walk past them or Nayru's if you think it's safe. His range isn't even that good. He has almost as much landing lag from aerials as us. He's rather easy to gimp. Macchi I really need to hear your explanation on this because I can't even see it being 30:70 in Brawl, much less this game.
Ok, its so hard to approach him. I have trouble approaching him most. His moves are less laggy than links. His kill moves are more reliable and he has a kill throw. He's so fast like how do you even catch him. All his projectiles are faster than Farore's Wind. He actually has kill combos and idk I juts have more trouble with him than anything else. Yes we can gimp him but we could gimp pre-patch diddy and that didn't stop the MU ratio from being around 35-30:65-70.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Ok, its so hard to approach him. I have trouble approaching him most. His moves are less laggy than links. His kill moves are more reliable and he has a kill throw. He's so fast like how do you even catch him. All his projectiles are faster than Farore's Wind. He actually has kill combos and idk I juts have more trouble with him than anything else. Yes we can gimp him but we could gimp pre-patch diddy and that didn't stop the MU ratio from being around 35-30:65-70.
Zelda can't approach any character though...that's a universal problem. Only his tilts are faster, but none of them kill early like Link's do. His nair and bair are actually more laggy than Link's bc they aren't kicks. Yes his kill moves are more reliable. His grab is slow and not very hard to react to. He isn't even that fast, if you can keep up with Sonic, Falcon, Palutena, etc, then you can keep up with him. All of his projectiles are not faster than FW. I just tested and Zelda can FW him out of everyone of his projectiles except for bombs.

Zylach

Smash Ace
NNID
Orienlithel
3DS FC
1934-1731-9287
We were discussing Pit[too] right? Anyway, I would absolutely lump them both in the same MU discussion since facing either of them is a very similar experience and I feel like the MU's come out to the same ratios anyway. I don't have a ton of experience with these MU's save for facing someone that is just picking Pit up as a secondary beside his Robin a few times. He has the range on us with his tilts and he has disjoints. He really can't camp us effectively to be honest since it's really easy to see his arrows coming so we can reflect them. He beats us in the air and is also difficult to face on the ground. The good news is, he's not too difficult to punish since he's got just enough endlag on a lot of his moves that we can get in with a grab or dash attack. He doesn't have any combo-breaker moves like Mario/Sheik so we can dish out our full damage strings off of grabs. His recovery is also without hitboxes so dair spikes should be common for us. Just don't expect to kill with sourspotted dairs. Beware of his fsmash and fthrow as they are very good kill moves for him.

Not a lot of experience but giving it :4zelda:50:50:4pit:/:4darkpit:

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
OP has been updated with all matchups discussed in this thread, so check them out Gurls and see if there's anything i should add/remove/change. the few outlier matchups from other boards i should be posing later this weekend.

DoctorDub

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrDubious
OP has been updated with all matchups discussed in this thread, so check them out Gurls and see if there's anything i should add/remove/change. the few outlier matchups from other boards i should be posing later this weekend.
Wait, I thought Tink was a 45:55 in his favour, not ours.
There is no way in hell that we have the upper hand in that MU.
Unless you're doing what I think you're doing. Even still, we shouldn't troll people with the main post. People who're just passing by or those who just check the main post every now and then may get confused.

Also, regarding the ZSS additional info, I'd highly suggest NOT using Dtilt to try and clank with Paralyser. It's inconsistent if it even works at all. Use D-Smash instead.

Last edited:

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
Wait, I thought Tink was a 45:55 in his favour, not ours.
There is no way in hell that we have the upper hand in that MU.
Unless you're doing what I think you're doing. Even still, we shouldn't troll people with the main post. People who're just passing by or those who just check the main post every now and then may get confused.

Also, regarding the ZSS additional info, I'd highly suggest NOT using Dtilt to try and clank with Paralyser. It's inconsistent if it even works at all. Use D-Smash instead.
oops lol, numbers are backwards will fix. Zamus additional info is more of a joke but I will put (not recommended) and add dsmash to that section

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
ACTUALLY, I was making that full (Well, WIP) MU sheet like I was mentioning earlier, and I show and told it with a few other Zeldas at one point and then a bunch of them that missed MU discussions added in their scores and it changed a few of them. (To...probably slightly more accurate scores...I guess...) anyways I wanted to share it here like I meant to!

Right now I only have the third row here since we wouldn't need the next rows for weeks.

:4zelda:|
Character |:4mario:|:4luigi:|:4peach:|:4bowser:|:4yoshi:|:rosalina:|:4bowserjr:|:4wario2:|:4dk:
Score | 45:55 | 45:55 | 35:65 | 45:55 | 40:60 | 50:50 | 50:50 | 45:55 | 50:50 Character |:4diddy:|:4gaw:|:4littlemac:|:4link:|:4sheik:|:4ganondorf:|:4tlink:|:4samus:|:4zss:
Score | 35:65 | 45:55 | 35:65 | 45:55 | 35:65 | 50:50 | 40:60 | 55:45 | 35:65 Character |:4pit:|:4palutena:|:4marth:|:4myfriends:|:4robinf:|:4duckhunt:|:4kirby:|:4dedede:|:4metaknight:
Score |

As i'm sure you could guess, a bunch of the pessimistic gorls shed their votes before I releaseT this, as multiple scores were lowered...

ALSO, I did go and tell the Pits and D.Pits about our discussion, SMH no one came over...

Last edited:

DoctorDub

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrDubious
I'd just like to get a reaction to this from @ Macchiato Macchiato before you change it

--------------------------------------

But ah, I didn't notice that we'd moved on to the Pit MU, so I'll speak my piece on this one.

Pit has a pretty good time in this game in general, but I feel that we can actually give him a bit of a run for his money. His super armour on his side-b and guardian orbitars (or whatever they're called) can be a bit of a nuisance, but his orbitars have plenty lag on the end of them, so if we can bait them out, it's a free hit. Also, while his side-b is pretty decent, lag is not his friend after using it. A little baiting and evading gives us a very large window to secure decent damage or a kill.

The second hit of his F-Smash is deceptively long, so don't get too confident with it, and don't ever try and punish Pit's D-Smash. It's made to bait you in. Don't fall for it.

In the air, he's a little like Rosalina, in that he seems to be "Hitboxes: the character" but if I'm honest, our U-Air and Side-B (Yes, we can actually use it consistently in this MU) can take care of a Pit who just throws out N-airs and F-airs like it's going out of fashion.

His recovery is very good, but if we're persistent, he's quite easy to spike. His Up-B has no damaging effect and not even a windbox, so if we can read where he's coming from, it's an easy spike. That being said, if he's able to return with a side-B then we should leave him alone in the air, wait for him to lag after it and then hit him hard.

Play a punish game with Pit is what I'm saying. Don't be the aggressive one and for the love of god don't get grabbed.

I'd say it's a 50:50

Last edited:
ACTUALLY, I was making that full (Well, WIP) MU sheet like I was mentioning earlier, and I show and told it with a few other Zeldas at one point and then a bunch of them that missed MU discussions added in their scores and it changed a few of them. (To...probably slightly more accurate scores...I guess...) anyways I wanted to share it here like I meant to!

Right now I only have the third row here since we wouldn't need the next rows for weeks.

:4zelda:|
Character |:4mario:|:4luigi:|:4peach:|:4bowser:|:4yoshi:|:rosalina:|:4bowserjr:|:4wario2:|:4dk:
Score | 45:55 | 45:55 | 35:65 | 45:55 | 40:60 | 50:50 | 50:50 | 45:55 | 50:50 Character |:4diddy:|:4gaw:|:4littlemac:|:4link:|:4sheik:|:4ganondorf:|:4tlink:|:4samus:|:4zss:
Score | 35:65 | 45:55 | 35:65 | 45:55 | 35:65 | 50:50 | 40:60 | 55:45 | 35:65 Character |:4pit:|:4palutena:|:4marth:|:4myfriends:|:4robinf:|:4duckhunt:|:4kirby:|:4dedede:|:4metaknight:
Score |

As i'm sure you could guess, a bunch of the pessimistic gorls shed their votes before I releaseT this, as multiple scores were lowered...

ALSO, I did go and tell the Pits and D.Pits about our discussion, SMH no one came over...
Just sass 'em :secretkpop:

PUK

Smash Ace
NNID
Simlock92
3DS FC
4141-4118-5477
And sheik is not 65-35 now because the Bair nerf hurt her really hard in zelda and some other MU.

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
omg why is peach a 35-65...
We have no evidence/argument to suggest anything otherwise. Peach's pressure game > us despite its & we have almost nothing to punish her with when she starts spacing her aerials on our shield. Plus her Float & her Parasol make it p hard to edgeguard her (it isn't impossible though).

Regarding Pit(too), I suck at this MU but it shouldn't be too difficult for Zelda, considering his exploitable recovery & lack of kill power is (but you really need to get the sweetspot dair if you want the stock early). Put me down as a a 55:45 to Pit(too) (Pit's just slightly more annoying to deal with but not enough to change the ratio for)

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
@ Macchiato Macchiato Idk, maybe I need to play more Peaches. I can imagine it being a lot harder when playing someone who actually mains Peach and makes use of her ridiculous mixups. It felt like 45:55 when fighting you, but you don't main Peach soooo I'd like to play someone who actually mains her before giving a score

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
@ Macchiato Macchiato Idk, maybe I need to play more Peaches. I can imagine it being a lot harder when playing someone who actually mains Peach and makes use of her ridiculous mixups. It felt like 45:55 when fighting you, but you don't main Peach soooo I'd like to play someone who actually mains her before giving a score
When me & @ EOE EOE play each other, we both agree Peach beats Zelda quite hard. His Peach is pretty damn good.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
I main peach... now

EOE

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, Peach's pressure game is really good vs Zelda because of how slow Zelda is in general. Float D-air is great on Zelda's shield and grants Peach a free mix-up because Zelda can't punish it with a U-smash OOS.

Zelda can't challenge Peach offensively either because of her range disadvantage. Peach's F-air beats everything and her U-air covers Zelda's landing. Zelda's projectiles are really bad in this match-up too because of Peach's float and good punish game.

Zelda is also one of the easiest characters for Peach to edge-guard. Peach simply has to float next to the ledge off stage and wait for Zelda to recover. If she grabs the ledge, Peach can simply let go of float and ledge trump > B-air. If she lands on stage, Peach gets a free F-air. If she holds down to avoid immediately grabbing the ledge, Peach again gets a free F-air with good spacing.

In terms of advantages for Zelda, Up-B can kill Peach very early due to her weight. Also, Zelda's grab range and air-speed are better than Peach's. I don't think Zelda's superior grab range is going to help much in this match-up, though, and her air-speed advantage is only really useful when escaping.

EDIT: In my opinion, the Duck Hunt stage is a good CP for Zelda due to the lack of conventional platforms. BF and T&C seem pretty bad because of the platform pressure Peach can apply.

I wish maxy and I had recorded some of our matches to add to these discussion points. Maybe next time. =)

Last edited:

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
Match up thread is now completely up to date, scores have been altered to match @ BJN39 BJN39 chart. if no activity by tomorrow afternoon we may just move on from Dark/Pit discussion to the next matchup.

again if anything is missing/unclear,couldbeadded let me know gurls.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Match up thread is now completely up to date, scores have been altered to match @ BJN39 BJN39 chart. if no activity by tomorrow afternoon we may just move on from Dark/Pit discussion to the next matchup.

again if anything is missing/unclear,couldbeadded let me know gurls.
I may sweep over your OP and clean the MU number colors up a biT if you don't mind, since the colors aren't consistent throughout the numbers. :p

Also no Pit or D.Pit players showed up at all for their MU talk smh. I guess Koiba was right about them being pretty dead...

On the MU, I feel like on paper when I look at it on paper so to speak it should only be in the Pits' favor, but in play it really isn't bad at all. I wouldn't say we win it or anything nonono, but like, maybe 45:55 in the Pits' favor or even maybe 5:5 or something sounds right. Also, shamelessly tagging @SBphiloz4 to get in here moar gorl.

I'm not sure how to score this MU. I'm pretty sure the Pits strength is in punishing and baiting slow, unsafe moves. We have a bunch of slow, unsafe moves. Zoning is a bad idea, because they can out-zone. Spacing seems really tricky because they have disjoints out the wazoo. They can reflect the phantom (I believe?). We can't really do any close pressure because it's Zelda. Edge guarding is tricky because they have multiple jumps and good recovery overall. I guess the only viable option is to punish the punisher and create frame traps.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I'm not sure how to score this MU. I'm pretty sure the Pits strength is in punishing and baiting slow, unsafe moves. We have a bunch of slow, unsafe moves. Zoning is a bad idea, because they can out-zone. Spacing seems really tricky because they have disjoints out the wazoo. They can reflect the phantom (I believe?). We can't really do any close pressure because it's Zelda. Edge guarding is tricky because they have multiple jumps and good recovery overall. I guess the only viable option is to punish the punisher and create frame traps.
Both their reflectors (not sure how the arm interacts with phantom tho) are rather slow and punishable in close range.

If you can get a grip on their arrow habits farore's isn't too hard to land on them.

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
Nah we edgeguard him quite easily. It's just that if we're going for the Dair we really need the sweetspot. Outside of that it shouldn't be too hard really since he has no active hitbox on his UpB

Foul Play

The biggest geek on the block
NNID
FoulPlay22
3DS FC
3480-3050-4532
Salutations My lovely/handsome Zelda mains.
As a devout Pit main since the release of Sm4sh for WiiU, and a secondary user of Zelda for about two months, I figured id insert my two cents for this here matchup.
So we have the strong, independent princess, who don't need no man, in one corner; and everyone's favorite, floor ice cream eating, flightless angel in the other.

Pits strenghs:
-great long range dash game(arguably one of the rosters best)
-great long range projectile
-powerful grabs with guaranteed combo follow ups at low percents
-powerful side B with light armor
-fast powerful smash attacks with low startup lag
-multiple jumps, long range recovery, difficult to gimp
Pits weaknesses:
-predictable, punishable recovery options
-high ending lag on smash attacks, making them very punishable

Zelda strenghs:
-fast powerful down/up tilt
Powerful long range, and close range projectiles
-projectile shield, and spacing tool
-plenty of gimping, and edge guarding tools
-recovery with hitbox(powerful out of shield option)
Zeldas weaknesses:
-slow, punishable smash attacks
-light, and floaty
-limited recovery options

Pit favors from using arrows, and forcing the opponent to approach him, and the capitalizing on his/her mistakes, and punishing them. This option is impossible due to Zeldas neutral b. Pits arrows have enough startup, and ending lag that zelda can use nayrus love freely without worry., completely removing any chances of pit zoning her.
On the other hand, with zeldas dins fire, so long as she uses good spacing, zelda can zone pit decently. Pits only options are to shield, spot dodge, and use his orbitars(down b), but with so much ending lag, pit can be left wide open for a well time attacke from zelda
Right, so on to the neutral game. Pit is notorious for having a really good grab game, so when his zoning option is impossible, hes going to be the one who trys to approach. Pit getting a successful grab can result in some guaranteed combos that can rack up percentage, and with her floatiness, zelda becomes s joy to juggle(wow, that sounded dirty). Zelda has little options to avoid getting juggled iif she gets knocked into the air. She can spot dodge, and use her neutral b, but that can become predictable. She may get away with it once, but after that pit will anticipate it, and wait in his shield. Using a dash attack, pit can knock zelda into the air at the perfect angle for low percent follow ups.
Zelda herself also has a few low percent follow ups with a down throw, however with proper DI, pit wont have to worry about this for long. Zelda has very limited options when approaching pit. Her dash attack with its ending lag puts her in the perfect position to be punished with a grab(though we could say likewise about pit). Zelda, aerial approach options are also unusable, with all of them having high amounts of ending lag, and small hitboxs..
Offstage, pit is going to have a much easier time gimping zelda. With the ability to pelt her from long ranges with arrows. Zelda can try using Nayru, but with her linear recovery, she'll need to mind the distance between her, and the edge of the stage. Pit also can have any easy time gimping zelda with a forward air, or a spike, with both of the having relatively low ending lag
Zelda wont be able to do much to gump pit, with multiple jumps, and a long range recovery. She can use dins fire, but pit can avoid it via fast falling/air dodging, and then recover. However, if zelda is patient, and has good timing, she can spike pit while hes in his up b animation. She can also do the same, if she notices him recovering with side b alot. Remember, pits hurt box is on his head during his side B, zelda needs to remember that.
As far as K.O.ing goes if gimping is out of the question. Pit has quick smash attacks, his forward smash is quick, and powerful, being able to KO early by the ledge. Pit also has his disjointed up smash, with a long horizontal hitbox, nd one in front of him to pull Elda in, if she is facing him. Zelda also needs to be wary of pits side B, which is very lethal when pit is in rage. He will most likely catch her with it after an unsafe landing. Shield, and punish.
Zelda has powerful smash attacks of her own, but with high lag, she'll need to be more sparring in her use of them. She has phantom slash, using it quickly, especially in an edge guard attempt will catch pit of gaurd, but again, when he anticipates it, he can easily make zeldas life a nightmare. Pit CAN deflect the ohantom, remember that. One of zeldas easiest kill options is Up b out of shield, or spot dodge, after pit attempts a grab, dash, or side b.

Conclusion:
Zelda can be a tricksy princess. She has potent mixup, and can give Pit a run for his money if he gets cocky. Her powerful smash attacks, and aerial punishes can make pit very terrified of making any mistakes. However, if the pit is skilled, he can can read zelda like a children's book. Pit has an easy time juggling zelda, and racking up quick damage, and with little options to stop him, zelda has to heavily predict pit if she is to avoid getting hit
My verdict:
I give this matchup to pit hands down.
Pit simply has too many tools to deal with zelda. He wint give her any breathing room, and will be constantly applying pressure by being in her face. With his ability to KO her early due to her floatiness, and lightness, pit, if he is patient, and knows the matchup, wont have a hard time countering zeldas every move. With disjointed hitboxs, and low lag moves, pit out maneuvers zelda, as she has much slower attacks.

Final verdict:
70:30 pits favor

If you think I missed something, please let me know, thank you.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Salutations My lovely/handsome Zelda mains.
As a devout Pit main since the release of Sm4sh for WiiU, and a secondary user of Zelda for about two months, I figured id insert my two cents for this here matchup.
So we have the strong, independent princess, who don't need no man, in one corner; and everyone's favorite, floor ice cream eating, flightless angel in the other.

Pits strenghs:
-great long range dash game(arguably one of the rosters best)
-great long range projectile
-powerful grabs with guaranteed combo follow ups at low percents
-powerful side B with light armor
-fast powerful smash attacks with low startup lag
-multiple jumps, long range recovery, difficult to gimp
Pits weaknesses:
-predictable, punishable recovery options
-high ending lag on smash attacks, making them very punishable

Zelda strenghs:
-fast powerful down/up tilt
Powerful long range, and close range projectiles
-projectile shield, and spacing tool
-plenty of gimping, and edge guarding tools
-recovery with hitbox(powerful out of shield option)
Zeldas weaknesses:
-slow, punishable smash attacks
-light, and floaty
-limited recovery options

Pit favors from using arrows, and forcing the opponent to approach him, and the capitalizing on his/her mistakes, and punishing them. This option is impossible due to Zeldas neutral b. Pits arrows have enough startup, and ending lag that zelda can use nayrus love freely without worry., completely removing any chances of pit zoning her.
On the other hand, with zeldas dins fire, so long as she uses good spacing, zelda can zone pit decently. Pits only options are to shield, spot dodge, and use his orbitars(down b), but with so much ending lag, pit can be left wide open for a well time attacke from zelda
Right, so on to the neutral game. Pit is notorious for having a really good grab game, so when his zoning option is impossible, hes going to be the one who trys to approach. Pit getting a successful grab can result in some guaranteed combos that can rack up percentage, and with her floatiness, zelda becomes s joy to juggle(wow, that sounded dirty). Zelda has little options to avoid getting juggled iif she gets knocked into the air. She can spot dodge, and use her neutral b, but that can become predictable. She may get away with it once, but after that pit will anticipate it, and wait in his shield. Using a dash attack, pit can knock zelda into the air at the perfect angle for low percent follow ups.
Zelda herself also has a few low percent follow ups with a down throw, however with proper DI, pit wont have to worry about this for long. Zelda has very limited options when approaching pit. Her dash attack with its ending lag puts her in the perfect position to be punished with a grab(though we could say likewise about pit). Zelda, aerial approach options are also unusable, with all of them having high amounts of ending lag, and small hitboxs..
Offstage, pit is going to have a much easier time gimping zelda. With the ability to pelt her from long ranges with arrows. Zelda can try using Nayru, but with her linear recovery, she'll need to mind the distance between her, and the edge of the stage. Pit also can have any easy time gimping zelda with a forward air, or a spike, with both of the having relatively low ending lag
Zelda wont be able to do much to gump pit, with multiple jumps, and a long range recovery. She can use dins fire, but pit can avoid it via fast falling/air dodging, and then recover. However, if zelda is patient, and has good timing, she can spike pit while hes in his up b animation. She can also do the same, if she notices him recovering with side b alot. Remember, pits hurt box is on his head during his side B, zelda needs to remember that.
As far as K.O.ing goes if gimping is out of the question. Pit has quick smash attacks, his forward smash is quick, and powerful, being able to KO early by the ledge. Pit also has his disjointed up smash, with a long horizontal hitbox, nd one in front of him to pull Elda in, if she is facing him. Zelda also needs to be wary of pits side B, which is very lethal when pit is in rage. He will most likely catch her with it after an unsafe landing. Shield, and punish.
Zelda has powerful smash attacks of her own, but with high lag, she'll need to be more sparring in her use of them. She has phantom slash, using it quickly, especially in an edge guard attempt will catch pit of gaurd, but again, when he anticipates it, he can easily make zeldas life a nightmare. Pit CAN deflect the ohantom, remember that. One of zeldas easiest kill options is Up b out of shield, or spot dodge, after pit attempts a grab, dash, or side b.

Conclusion:
Zelda can be a tricksy princess. She has potent mixup, and can give Pit a run for his money if he gets cocky. Her powerful smash attacks, and aerial punishes can make pit very terrified of making any mistakes. However, if the pit is skilled, he can can read zelda like a children's book. Pit has an easy time juggling zelda, and racking up quick damage, and with little options to stop him, zelda has to heavily predict pit if she is to avoid getting hit
My verdict:
I give this matchup to pit hands down.
Pit simply has too many tools to deal with zelda. He wint give her any breathing room, and will be constantly applying pressure by being in her face. With his ability to KO her early due to her floatiness, and lightness, pit, if he is patient, and knows the matchup, wont have a hard time countering zeldas every move. With disjointed hitboxs, and low lag moves, pit out maneuvers zelda, as she has much slower attacks.

Final verdict:
70:30 pits favor

If you think I missed something, please let me know, thank you.
IT IS NOT 70:30

Dair = R.I.P Pit. His recovery is linear with no hitbox and incredibly gimpable.

He can't gimp her at all. She'll always get to the ledge and you cant hit her when she's teleporting.

She can easily punish him.

She never uses Dins Fire.

The elevator kills him at 70% and easy to pull off on him.

She has as many combos as he has

Have you actually played a Zelda, thats not For Glory?

Foul Play

NNID
FoulPlay22
3DS FC
3480-3050-4532
You really need to calm down milkshake child.

Have fun trying to hit pit with the dair.
Pit has multiple jumps, and two methods of recovery. Giving him much more mix up options as opposed to zelda

No, she doesn't have combos against pit. As stated above, pit is a multi jumper, so anything zelda tries, pit can get out of with relative ease.

He's not easily punished if he knows the matchup. Also stated above.

As with the dair, have fun trying to hit that repeatedly. Its not useless, and it certainly isn't unreliable, but its a one trick pony, and once pit abticipates it, it's next to impossible to pull off.

Zelda can be gimped, she's vulnerable during the beginning of the animation.

Did you even read my post?
I know you like zelda, and you want to think she's strong against pit, but in my honest opinion, she just doesn't have the tools to win the MU.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
You really need to calm down milkshake child.

Have fun trying to hit pit with the dair.
Pit has multiple jumps, and two methods of recovery. Giving him much more mix up options as opposed to zelda

No, she doesn't have combos against pit. As stated above, pit is a multi jumper, so anything zelda tries, pit can get out of with relative ease.

He's not easily punished if he knows the matchup. Also stated above.

As with the dair, have fun trying to hit that repeatedly. Its not useless, and it certainly isn't unreliable, but its a one trick pony, and once pit abticipates it, it's next to impossible to pull off.

Zelda can be gimped, she's vulnerable during the beginning of the animation.

Did you even read my post?
I know you like zelda, and you want to think she's strong against pit, but in my honest opinion, she just doesn't have the tools to win the MU.
Her nair combos are gaurenteed on him. It effects him too. Gorl his recoveries dont have a hitbox, she can litarally dair so easily. So he has jumps hes still gimpable. Power of flight is very gimpable. The arrows dont mean much. They don't kill her when she recovers.

Have you played on non-for glory zelda before? Try playing @ S.F.L.R_9 S.F.L.R_9 or @ Gay Ginger Gay Ginger

Its like even at worst lol

Foul Play

NNID
FoulPlay22
3DS FC
3480-3050-4532
Her nair combos are gaurenteed on him. It effects him too. Gorl his recoveries dont have a hitbox, she can litarally dair so easily. So he has jumps hes still gimpable. Power of flight is very gimpable. The arrows dont mean much. They don't kill her when she recovers.

Have you played on non-for glory zelda before? Try playing @ S.F.L.R_9 S.F.L.R_9 or @ Gay Ginger Gay Ginger

Its like even at worst lol
Sigh. I guess i have to show you the hard way, aren't i?
Go ahead and drop you NNID, and i can easily show you how much she gets destroyed in this matchup
:)

Gay Ginger

Make Smash Bros. Gay Again
Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
70:30 Pit's favor?

Zelda has plenty of horrendous MUs, but Pit is not one of them.

55:45 in Pit's favor, at the worst.

Last edited:
Top Bottom