• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Jiggly Comeback/Help my Jiggly

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
First off, Where are these Game Crazy Weekly tournys? I'd like to come to them.

Now I saw your jigglypuff and you were good with those well spaced f air and b airs. Although you could use more b airs and less f airs. Your edge gaurding needs improvement though. Instead of going out to hit sheik while she is recovering grab the ledge. If you are playing against sheik ALWAYS grab the ledge. Most sheiks always go for the edge. It requires mind games though, don't just grab the edge right away, wait till the sheik is doing her b up, now is the time to quickly grab the ledge and trick your opponent. Trust me it works. If you don't feel like doing that try to use some D smashses for edgegaurding. And try to do a u-tilt to rest combo on shiek. Can be done around 5-15%.

Oh and I almost forgot. There is a sneaky little trap jigglypuff can set up that Sheik players fear. If you are below around 20% try crouching and let sheik hit you with her dash attack, you will move no where. During that time do a rest and Bam! Direct hit, its good because Sheik can auto maticly die if they're over 30%. Pro sheik players however barely fall for this trap.

Also for that shiek at the edge you were pretty retarted because you can easily DI out of that grab. Just hold the control stick opposite way of the opponent and the jigglypuff can't rest you. The jigglypuff probly wouldn't have won if you DI'd that.

Duha

Smash Journeyman
first of all if you want to get better tell the shiek to grab dthrow fair or bair it is jiggly killer. Also you should never get a dthrow rest in so tell them to DI that crap. And tell them to DI everything they did a real bad job and you wont get better much better till they get better.

now you

Rest opportunities
:34
:52 after roll
2:16
3:56 maybe but shiek might have been high enough to cancel lag
Recognize the opportunities better it is a great move don't neglect it.

Now for flaws.
-First and most important don't roll so much. after watching your match twice i had a good feeling i could read your rolls 80% of the time. You rolled so much i wanted to be next to you to tell you to stop rolling.

-Don't go for the ledge every time you don't need to grab the ledge much as jiggly. Get high above shieks head and mindgame sheik and land safely.

-ariels l cancel fairs better they have a lot of lag. Try using full jumps sometimes the first jump of jiggly's you can DI more so full jump and use it to weave in and out more. Try using more empty ariels to mindgame opponent.

-Shield grab better and more. especially against that shiek shield and wait for their ariel to finish grab. dthrow works if they are high% fthrow and bthrow works but grab the ledge against shiek instead of trying to follow up.

-edgeguarding. against sheik like above poster said grab ledge and press up to short roll of ledge then if sheik goes for edge you ledge hog if they try to go above you to stage rest them sheik has major lag after up b.

Duha

Smash Journeyman
like i said if you can cut rolling out and hop around or wave dash what ever you prefer more it will keep your opponent from reading you well. There is a good jigly inside of you you just have to break bad habits that is all

ChronoSquare

Smash Ace
Thanks for the help everyone! Yeah, rolling too much is a dirty habit of mine, I'll try to work on it.
You should find someone who is good at reading people, and play with them often. They will be able to punish you for noob rolls (KSSB charges in one direction and before I can stop myself I'm rolling into his attack >_>). In the end, you should end up rolling less frequently and they will end up being more adept at calling rolls... I know it's helped both KSSB and myself.

Flava Flav

Smash Cadet
rolling isnt bad... as u can see in kings combo video its a nice finisher and an easy way to get back onto the course

Top Bottom