• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A game about the Triforce arcade board...

Today, I had a realization:
  • The Triforce arcade board, spearheaded by Nintendo, Sega, and Namco, lasted from 2002 until 2007.
  • Namco x Capcom, the predecessor of Project X Zone, launched in 2005.
  • Super Smash Bros. Melee wouldn't be as big of a pro gaming centerpiece as it is today in the early 2000s.
  • Project X Zone already has Namco and Sega on board.
Translation? We could have hypothetically seen Project X Zone in 2005, but with Nintendo in place of Capcom.

With that revelation all said, how would you create a Nintendo x Sega x Namco version of Project X Zone in the 2000s?

For added context, here's my roster:

Nintendo:
1: Mario
2: Donkey Kong
3: Link
4: Samus
5: Yoshi
6: Kirby
7: Fox
8: Pikachu
9: Captain Falcon
10: Marth

Sega:
1: Sonic
2: NiGHTS
3: Axel Stone
4: Gillius Thunderhead
5: Alex Kidd
6: AiAi
7: B.D. Joe
8: Beat
9: Sakura Shinguji
10: Akira Yuki

Namco:
1: Pac-Man
2: Heihachi
3: Taizo Hori
4: Klonoa
5: Valkyrie
6: Nightmare
7: Bravoman
8: Mappy
9: Prince of the Cosmos
10: Mr. Driller

I'd imagine that it would be significantly less than 60 characters, which is why only 10 characters per company were added. Trust me, it was hard not to snub one franchise because another one deserved another character.

But I know that's not the only way to make a game this way, which is why I made it the subject of a new thread around here.

DrewBell

Smash Rookie
Today, I had a realization:
  • The Triforce arcade board, spearheaded by Nintendo, Sega, and Namco, lasted from 2002 until 2007.
  • Namco x Capcom, the predecessor of Project X Zone, launched in 2005.
  • Super Smash Bros. Melee wouldn't be as big of a pro gaming centerpiece as it is today in the early 2000s.
  • Project X Zone already has Namco and Sega on board.
Translation? We could have hypothetically seen Project X Zone in 2005, but with Nintendo in place of Capcom.

With that revelation all said, how would you create a Nintendo x Sega x Namco version of Project X Zone in the 2000s?

For added context, here's my roster:

Nintendo:
1: Mario
2: Donkey Kong
3: Link
4: Samus
5: Yoshi
6: Kirby
7: Fox
8: Pikachu
9: Captain Falcon
10: Marth

Sega:
1: Sonic
2: NiGHTS
3: Axel Stone
4: Gillius Thunderhead
5: Alex Kidd
6: AiAi
7: B.D. Joe
8: Beat
9: Sakura Shinguji
10: Akira Yuki

Namco:
1: Pac-Man
2: Heihachi
3: Taizo Hori
4: Klonoa
5: Valkyrie
6: Nightmare
7: Bravoman
8: Mappy
9: Prince of the Cosmos
10: Mr. Driller

I'd imagine that it would be significantly less than 60 characters, which is why only 10 characters per company were added. Trust me, it was hard not to snub one franchise because another one deserved another character.

But I know that's not the only way to make a game this way, which is why I made it the subject of a new thread around here.
Or else you can learn about minecraft 1.20 download apk 2023 on your phone via getmodnow website with safe and free
here's one possible way to approach the game:

Story: Develop a narrative that brings the worlds of Nintendo, Sega, and Namco together. The story could involve an interdimensional crisis or a common enemy threatening all three universes. The heroes from each company must team up to save their worlds.

Gameplay: Maintain the tactical RPG gameplay style of Project X Zone, which combines strategy with real-time battles. Players can control teams of characters from all three companies and engage in turn-based combat against enemy forces. The game could include a variety of stages and missions set in iconic locations from each franchise.

Nintendo Characters: Mario, Donkey Kong, Link, Samus, and Yoshi are great choices. Consider adding Peach, Zelda, Luigi, and other popular Nintendo characters. Include characters from other Nintendo franchises like Fire Emblem, Metroid, and Star Fox.

Last edited:
here's one possible way to approach the game:

Story: Develop a narrative that brings the worlds of Nintendo, Sega, and Namco together. The story could involve an interdimensional crisis or a common enemy threatening all three universes. The heroes from each company must team up to save their worlds.

Gameplay: Maintain the tactical RPG gameplay style of Project X Zone, which combines strategy with real-time battles. Players can control teams of characters from all three companies and engage in turn-based combat against enemy forces. The game could include a variety of stages and missions set in iconic locations from each franchise.

Nintendo Characters: Mario, Donkey Kong, Link, Samus, and Yoshi are great choices. Consider adding Peach, Zelda, Luigi, and other popular Nintendo characters. Include characters from other Nintendo franchises like Fire Emblem, Metroid, and Star Fox.
Not only is your approach to the story and gameplay really good, but I was actually thinking along those lines as well. An interdimensional being wreaking havoc, with the ability to choose between all three companies for your team. It's borderline perfect!

However, if I could have doubled the roster, which wouldn't be easy with the Gamecube's limitations, Peach, Zelda, Luigi, Tails, and Jacky Bryant would have been the first to be added. I mean, I did add Marth, Samus, and Fox in the game already, so those three franchises were already represented here.

In all honesty, I didn't expect to get a reply here. Thanks for your sage advice.

Top Bottom