• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A custom built stage

DakillaG

Smash Rookie
In 2.1, I was able to keep a stage me and my friends had made on the original brawl stage builder. But when I downloaded 2.5, I couldn't play it. Could someone tell me how I can get it back on there?

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
PMBR included a code that disables custom stages from being selectable on the SSS. Sorry, but there's nothing you can do.

Mithost

Smash Ace
Locked in a safe floating in the Atlantic Ocean.
It is noted that the codeset COULD be edited to add them back in, but there are two issues with that.

1. The P:M devs don't want modifications to the codeset until the full release (no demos) is out.
2. The three most common GCT editors list a few little codes at the top of the page and a huge list of "other codes" which is a few hundred lines long. Trying to find/remove the lines of code that disable the custom stages would be hell.

On top of that, I don't think the custom stage's collisions will function 100% as planned with P:M physics, especially the camera.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Stage builder stages were disabled because the whole system caused instability with the Project M codeset (especially with the hackless version, since that uses a stage builder exploit that stays on the SD card). Stage builder is obsolete anyway since you can make equivalent or better stages in BrawlBox with just as much as as ingame.

Top Bottom