• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

& 64| Who's Tyler? 8! 3/29/14

TM_icecream

Smash Ace
Brawl Singles Results(20 entrants):
1: CT Vinnie ($120.00) :popo::metaknight:
2: CT | TLoc Denti ($60.00):olimar:
3: LoF PWii ($20.00):metaknight::gw:
4: Trela:sheik::marth:
5: Gunner:pikachu2:
5: PJ:toonlink:
7: YelloRello:yoshi2::metaknight::olimar::diddy:
7: Labernash:dk2::warioc:
9: icecream:metaknight:
9: Lun4:toonlink:
9: Run C.T.:peach:
9: Minifox:olimar:
13: Psychoace:metaknight:
13: Red Ranger:pikachu2:
13: Tawko:snake:
13: Saix:wolf:
17: Jerm:diddy:
17: Big O:dedede:
17: Limbo:metaknight:
17: Rave:ike::lucario:

Brawl Doubles(8 teams):
1: CT Vinnie and LoF PWii (CT Vinnie and LoF PWii) ($48.00)
2: CT TLoc Denti and AeroLink (CT TLoc Denti and AeroLink) ($24.00)
3: Run C.T. and PJ (Run C.T. and PJ) ($8.00)
4: Xyro and YelloRello (Xyro and Rel)
5: Minifox and Labernash (Minifox and Labernash)
5: Limbo and Trela (Limbo and Trela)
7: Rave and Psychoace (Rave and Psychoace)
7: icecream and tawko (icecream and tawko)

PM Singles(17 entrants)
1: CT | TLoc Denti ($102.00):ivysaur:
2: AeroLink ($51.00):toonlink::link2:
3: DrinkingFood ($17.00):rob:
4: Artimus:gw:
5: PWii:mario2:
5: yelloRello:squirtle::sheik:
7: Bombity:sonic:
7: Trela:link2:
9: Psychoace:falcon:
9: Jerm:?:
9: Kirby:zelda:
9: Lun4:lucario::samus2:
13: Leaf:pit:
13: Phil:?:
17: icecream:lucas:
17: Big O:dedede:
17: Run C.T.:?:

PM Doubles(6 teams):
1: CT TLoc Denti and AeroLink (CT TLoc Denti and AeroLink) ($36.00)
2: Leaf and Trela (Leaf and Trela) ($18.00)
3: CT Vinnie and LoF PWii (CT Vinnie and LoF PWii) ($6.00)
4: YelloRello and Kirby (YelloRello and Kirby)
5: icecream and lun4 (icecream and lun4)
5: Bombity and Artimus

Smash 64(11 entrants)
1: XKCP ($24.75):falcon64::kirby64:
2: Beesy ($8.25):kirby64::falcon64:
3: CT | TLoc Denti:pikachu64:
4: Trela:link64:
5: Lun4:kirby64:
5: Gunner:pikachu64:
7: Rave:link64:
7: -jv-:mario64::fox64:
9: Run C.T.:dk64:
9: Jerm (Jeremy):?:
13: icecream:mario64:

SSBB Low Tier Doubles(8 teams):
1: CT Vinnie and Xyro ($36.00)
2: LoF PWii and PJ ($12.00)
3: Run C.T. and Trela
4: YelloRello and Labernash
5: icecream and psychoace
5: CT | TLoc Denti and AeroLink
7: Lun4 and Saix
7: Minifox and Rave

Last edited:

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
SSBB Low Tier Doubles(8 teams):

1: CT Vinnie + Xyro= :zelda: + :samus2:
2: LoF PWii + PJ= :mario2: / :jigglypuff:+ :mario2: / :link2:
3: Run C.T. + Trela= :falcon: + :mario2:
4: YelloRello + LaberNash= :mario2: + :zelda:
5: Icecream + psychoace= :jigglypuff: + :falcon:
5: CT | TLoc Denti + AeroLink= :mario2: + :mario2:
7: Lun4 + Saix= ???? + ????
7: Minifox + Rave= ????+ ????

Last edited:

Psychoace

Smash Champion
dat quickness.

gg's everyone, lol +1 more entrant for brawl than pm.

such mario. You houston guys are awesome fun playin most of ya'll again.

and shout outs to xyro when he hulked out and body slammed that ****** through all of those chairs.

ravemaster47

Smash Ace
NNID
ravemaster47
Denti- great to see you as always. Teach me 64!!!!

Rello-body me harder pls. I'm bad at brawl now.

Xyro- you and your crew are always welcome at hotel rave! Great seeing ya guys and your the way your samus moves is like art. Beautiful sir.

Psy- I'm bad and we need to practice more.

Tawko-i would have MM you if I had smaller bills. Sorry dude. Maybe at our next fest?

Labernash-youre welcome I saved you from the painful road that awaited you.

Icecream-get a new laptop.

Minifox- sorry you carried me in dubs. We should play more and work on synergy and combos.

Saix- mad improvements dude. I see you getting better all the time. Keep at it and maybe... just maybe you can play Zelda at my level.

Limbo- dude... for being so rusty(myself included) our games were mad fun. I finally took you down in bracket! Ggs man and let's play again next time.

Vinnie- ggs man. Too bad I couldn't have some none on one practice vs you icees. Maybe next time you can show me some things?

Trela-fun 64 games man. Teach me your ways of the blue jackal!!!

CT- fun 64 games man. That nostalgia right?

Lun4-youre a liar and I'm mad at you. (64 salt)

Big-o - keep practicing man. The more you play, the better you get.

Jeremy- I never got yo see you play, but fun chatting with you as always.

Everyone else, ggs and great seeing a bunch of new faces. Come back again!

Additional shout outs;

Shout outs to myself for finally beating a player in have lost yo every time to in the past.

Another shout out to me for running the bracket while Icecream was being a bad TO. (<3)

Shout outs to the library for thinking its nessecary to have the heater on in spring.

Shout out to 3v3 crews.....oh wait....

hopefully the next one is actually affordable so I can come.
Venue fee is most likely gonna stay stapled at 8 until after WT X.

Shout outs!!!

TM_icecream

Smash Ace
OMG I'm not a bad TO I just entered every event T.T

Shoutouts to:
Vinnie: good stuff on first. I see you switched to MK when denti picked Delfino. And then LOST! Not broken for MK ;)

Denti: I was gonna tell you who Tyler was but NOOOOOOO you had to go and repeat whobo YOU STILL DA BESS IN MY HART

PWii: GGs, we never really played in brawl out of low tiers. Good stuff yesterday though, your PM is pretty solid. I like your brawl puff too~

Trela: that sheik is on POINT THO! Good stuff getting 4th and beating me with a free character. GGs

PJ: sorry your bracket wasn't quite to your liking man. Computer crashing a solid 4 times(it's done this twice in the past 2 months leading up to the event and then 4 in one day UGH) really messed with the bracket a lot. GGs in the mm though. You would have BODIED me with TL lol

Gunner: thanks for coming and bringing your lady friend. Good stuff on 5th at a stacked tourney. Next event pls teach me this MU

Rel: I would've rather won in bracket than in the MM lol. You can have the $5 I wanted placing! GGs. I'm good at the diddy, olimar, and MK mu's, and Yoshi is bad. So it's all you outplaying me. ONE DAY.

Labernash: thanks for defending Tyler's honor when I sucked it up

Icecream: GOODNESS GRACIOUS ALIVE you're a good TO. >>>>>>>>>xyro

Lun4: your 64 Kirby tho! Good stuff placing the same as me and mini. Had fun teaming in PM~ I don't like Lucas for doubles but I definitely am more confident with him in singles at this point

CT: GGs in 64, super fun set. We never played in brawl but I hate the peach mu so it's cool

Mini: we didn't play today :( I'm MM'ing you next time I see you, be prepared! I won't give up my 2 without a fight!

Psychoace: thanks for teaming in LT's, we actually did quite well. If this tourney wasn't mad stacked we could've gotten like 3rd lol

Red Ranger: thanks for entering! Good stuff today!

Tawko: ily Tawko you're the best. You played well today IMO, wish you could've beaten run CT

Saix: thanks for spending $700 to enter my event o wait it was $3 more than you spent at ETFC complaint free GET OVER IT NANCY but for real tho good stuff. Your wolf is moving on up there

Jerm(not the guy from Houston):thanks for coming Jeremy! Next event you're not a new player anymore! WOOHOO! Sorry we didn't get to play.

Big O: GGs. Gordo for days. You're not bad at brawl~ like I was expecting you to play kind of scrubby but you knew how a lot of stuff works and made pretty good choices. I just have like 50 tournies of experience on you + MK lol

Limbo: thanks for coming! Practice and MM me next time!

Rave: good stuff beating limbo. Thanks for housing Houston, leaving your set up, running some bracket for me, and being a FREE NERD oo burn

Spclk: thanks for coming out OH WAIT

AeroLink: your TL is pretty solid! You're no 13 year old, but it was good! Hope I can get better in PM~

DrinkingFood: I honestly had never heard of you and you showed up and got 3rd like DANG GGs

Artimus: good stuff getting fourth. We should've played! Thanks for coming!

Bombity: GGs in P:M. I did better against you than I thought I would! Sonic is nuts

Kirby: we never got to play but good stuff today, thanks for coming out! Sorry we called you all the way inside for NOTHING :(

Leafles: GJ beating me in brawl. Idk this MU :( but gunners definitely got ya beat, sorry. Delfino game was fun tho :) thanks for coming! It was great to see you again bro

Phil: I don't think I ever talked to you at all MY BAD MY BAD but thanks for coming! Hope to see you again!

XKCP: yo good stuff beating beesy, that's pretty impressive I hear. I don't know much about the 64 scene, but I know y'all were on point. Thanks for traveling all this way for a $3 tourney lol I should've done $5 sorry

Beesy: does anyone ever tell you you look like Shaun White the snowboarder?
Probably a lot. Good stuff, and thanks for coming out! :)

-jv-: GGs man. Glad you got some good experience today! Sorry you had to leave, tourneys take a while :( good job today. Had a fun set with you in 64!

Xyro: thanks SOO much for coming and bringing everyone. I'm glad I got to play all these good players, usually it's like just denti as a top player and then some just good players, so having Pwii and Vinnie was a nice change. GGs in brawl MK V SAMUS WAS A FLUKE THO I got you next time for sure. I did pretty well with puff too. We should do puff vs Samus every time we meet cuz that's fun.
It's was great finally meeting you, and hopefully we'll get to do so again soon. You're a pretty cool guy, aside from being like the biggest troll on the web~

I think that's everyone that was there. GGs to everyone I played, maybe we will again next time to everyone else. Thank you all so much for coming, and making Who's Tyler? 9 another fun event!

3 man teams was scrapped due to time constraints, everyone was refunded, except gunner who entered and left before the event would've started anyway LOL. I have a note in my phone saying I owe you $2. I gotchu next time

Computer crashing, tiopro sucking and crashing, and just a general lack of my computer being decent was a huge bump in the road. Should be able to have something else lined up for this next time.

All event started within an hour of the advertised times, we were done with EVERYTHING at 11:30, PWii payed me with a $50 bill, and Houston STILL ain't happy. Dang :( oh well y'all were tight ily

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
13: Leaf:pit:
2: Leaf and Trela (Leaf and Trela) ($18.00)

"Trela carried this team, Leaf is trash."

Damn it.

but gunners definitely got ya beat, sorry.
As if I didn't know this after not playing the game for 41 years.
Still got Tyler beat though, with the exception of Labernash and I going game 5, last stock, high percent.
City confirmed trash, people losing to someone who doesn't play the game anymore.

I love you guys.

Last edited:

Saixthewerewolf

Smash Rookie
Shout outs to:
Labernash for being an awesome teacher
Icecream for robbing people at gunpoint
xyro for being way cooler than he is on the internet
Vinnie for being super awesome and nice to a scrub like me
Denti's sunglasses (you still owe me anti-olimar training next time ;)
Rello for being far better than the last Yoshi I saw
MIni for poking me (I'll beat you soon)
Rave for hosting and being a better Zelda (not by much)
Psy for trashing me at low tier
lun4 for the ride and the fun
Run C.t. for being super chill
Jeremy for Improving (keep doing it)
Can't wait for Labernash's shout outs

Saixthewerewolf

Smash Rookie
OMG I'm not a bad TO I just entered every event T.T

Shoutouts to:
Vinnie: good stuff on first. I see you switched to MK when denti picked Delfino. And then LOST! Not broken for MK ;)

Denti: I was gonna tell you who Tyler was but NOOOOOOO you had to go and repeat whobo YOU STILL DA BESS IN MY HART

PWii: GGs, we never really played in brawl out of low tiers. Good stuff yesterday though, your PM is pretty solid. I like your brawl puff too~

Trela: that sheik is on POINT THO! Good stuff getting 4th and beating me with a free character. GGs

PJ: sorry your bracket wasn't quite to your liking man. Computer crashing a solid 4 times(it's done this twice in the past 2 months leading up to the event and then 4 in one day UGH) really messed with the bracket a lot. GGs in the mm though. You would have BODIED me with TL lol

Gunner: thanks for coming and bringing your lady friend. Good stuff on 5th at a stacked tourney. Next event pls teach me this MU

Rel: I would've rather won in bracket than in the MM lol. You can have the $5 I wanted placing! GGs. I'm good at the diddy, olimar, and MK mu's, and Yoshi is bad. So it's all you outplaying me. ONE DAY.

Labernash: thanks for defending Tyler's honor when I sucked it up

Icecream: GOODNESS GRACIOUS ALIVE you're a good TO. >>>>>>>>>xyro

Lun4: your 64 Kirby tho! Good stuff placing the same as me and mini. Had fun teaming in PM~ I don't like Lucas for doubles but I definitely am more confident with him in singles at this point

CT: GGs in 64, super fun set. We never played in brawl but I hate the peach mu so it's cool

Mini: we didn't play today :( I'm MM'ing you next time I see you, be prepared! I won't give up my 2 without a fight!

Psychoace: thanks for teaming in LT's, we actually did quite well. If this tourney wasn't mad stacked we could've gotten like 3rd lol

Red Ranger: thanks for entering! Good stuff today!

Tawko: ily Tawko you're the best. You played well today IMO, wish you could've beaten run CT

Saix: thanks for spending $700 to enter my event o wait it was $3 more than you spent at ETFC complaint free GET OVER IT NANCY but for real tho good stuff. Your wolf is moving on up there

Jerm(not the guy from Houston):thanks for coming Jeremy! Next event you're not a new player anymore! WOOHOO! Sorry we didn't get to play.

Big O: GGs. Gordo for days. You're not bad at brawl~ like I was expecting you to play kind of scrubby but you knew how a lot of stuff works and made pretty good choices. I just have like 50 tournies of experience on you + MK lol

Limbo: thanks for coming! Practice and MM me next time!

Rave: good stuff beating limbo. Thanks for housing Houston, leaving your set up, running some bracket for me, and being a FREE NERD oo burn

Spclk: thanks for coming out OH WAIT

AeroLink: your TL is pretty solid! You're no 13 year old, but it was good! Hope I can get better in PM~

DrinkingFood: I honestly had never heard of you and you showed up and got 3rd like DANG GGs

Artimus: good stuff getting fourth. We should've played! Thanks for coming!

Bombity: GGs in P:M. I did better against you than I thought I would! Sonic is nuts

Kirby: we never got to play but good stuff today, thanks for coming out! Sorry we called you all the way inside for NOTHING :(

Leafles: GJ beating me in brawl. Idk this MU :( but gunners definitely got ya beat, sorry. Delfino game was fun tho :) thanks for coming! It was great to see you again bro

Phil: I don't think I ever talked to you at all MY BAD MY BAD but thanks for coming! Hope to see you again!

XKCP: yo good stuff beating beesy, that's pretty impressive I hear. I don't know much about the 64 scene, but I know y'all were on point. Thanks for traveling all this way for a $3 tourney lol I should've done $5 sorry

Beesy: does anyone ever tell you you look like Shaun White the snowboarder?
Probably a lot. Good stuff, and thanks for coming out! :)

-jv-: GGs man. Glad you got some good experience today! Sorry you had to leave, tourneys take a while :( good job today. Had a fun set with you in 64!

Xyro: thanks SOO much for coming and bringing everyone. I'm glad I got to play all these good players, usually it's like just denti as a top player and then some just good players, so having Pwii and Vinnie was a nice change. GGs in brawl MK V SAMUS WAS A FLUKE THO I got you next time for sure. I did pretty well with puff too. We should do puff vs Samus every time we meet cuz that's fun.
It's was great finally meeting you, and hopefully we'll get to do so again soon. You're a pretty cool guy, aside from being like the biggest troll on the web~

I think that's everyone that was there. GGs to everyone I played, maybe we will again next time to everyone else. Thank you all so much for coming, and making Who's Tyler? 9 another fun event!

3 man teams was scrapped due to time constraints, everyone was refunded, except gunner who entered and left before the event would've started anyway LOL. I have a note in my phone saying I owe you $2. I gotchu next time

Computer crashing, tiopro sucking and crashing, and just a general lack of my computer being decent was a huge bump in the road. Should be able to have something else lined up for this next time.

All event started within an hour of the advertised times, we were done with EVERYTHING at 11:30, PWii payed me with a $50 bill, and Houston STILL ain't happy. Dang :( oh well y'all were tight ily
Just for the record I never played at a Fight Club tourney. I went to 2 but never entered anything. I just watched because I thought it was overpriced.
You're lucky I found it in the depths of my heart to fork out $480 for your shindig

XKCP

Smash Journeyman
I actually didn't have to drive that far, icecream, but thanks for hosting.

Denti - I always like to see the progress you've made in 64. I've never had to play you in tourney before so that was fun for me.
Beesy - Always a good time. Your revenge will have to wait.
Ninjapenguin - Nice to meet you. It's taken a good long while, but maybe we'll meet up at Gunner's place sometime.
DF - Good fun riding with you. If we're headed in the same direction again, I wouldn't mind teaming up.
Gunner - lol 64, good job on 5th in Brawl

Anyone else - thanks for attending and making this event a lot of fun. I was glad to have more than a 8-man bracket for 64. Maybe I should enter P:M next time after I get some practice in.

TreK

Is "that guy"
Are there going to be replays ? Which Youtube channel should I subscribe to ? :V

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Shout outs
AeroLink- Thanks for the fun friendlies, and for giving my ROB such a rough time in bracket. I'm glad I at least took it to game 5 in LFs though. I already have some tricks up my sleeve prepared for next time.
XKCP- Thanks for the ride and for being great company while doing it. Sometime I'll get you to help me pick up 64, too.
Denti- We hardly talked, I wanted to play you but never got the chance. Not surprising though since you make it so far in every bracket.
Leaf- Nice try! Advancing Guard! The Pit-ROB friendlies were fun. I'm looking forward to see what you do with Pit and Pika. Btw another thing I remembered, idk if you already knew this but pit can edgestall with his glide, just press back->forward+B, pretty easy and good for refreshing invinc.
Bombitty- Sorry for knocking you out twice in one bracket... ALSM returned the favor for you though lol
Artemis- The best GnW I've played, although I haven't played a lot admittedly... but the up-b combos and perfect DACUS tech chasing were legit. That's a one frame window to claw and cstick, like wtf.
Trela- Breathe the boomerang. Love the boomerang. Become the boomerang. Only then can you use the boomerang.
Kirby- Matches as ROB against characters with reflectors always seem more fun. Thanks for the Zelda games.
And shout outs to everyone else I did friendlies with. I just suck at remembering names/tags :c

Psychoace

Smash Champion
Next time I wanna play ya leaf I think I can take ya, you didn't even play the rest of tyler chill bro lol me and rave would wreck you. Tyler also out placed you in pm get rekt dayton. <3

Labernash

Smash Lord
SHOUTOUTS WOOOOOAAHH

first and foremost, DANKY KAAAAAAAAAAAANGGG!!!

Then, extra shoutouts to Houston for coming out. Glad ya'll could make it! Too good, too good.

You're welcome, Tyler. I have defended your honor TWICE, I am the hero you need. Soon I will bring this city from the ashes the OoC players left us in. We will become a really smash city. Smash 4 is ours.

Also I think it's cool we had 11 Tyler players in Brawl (out of 20) Good stuff, most active city in Texas.

1: CT Vinnie - Thank you so much for coming out, you were a super cool guy, glad to finally get the chance to meet/play you! Thanks for tips, they'll definitely help!!!!

2: Denti - Love you. Good games here, you're awesome. I beat you on Delfino welcome to the best DANKY Kang in smash history. Thanks for the games really though, you're constantly making me and the rest of Tyler better. Appreciate you more than you know!!

3: PWii - Thanks a million for coming out, glad you could make it! GG's in all our games and thanks for the critique, that'll help so much. Look forward to the next time we meet!

4: Trela - I wish I was as good as you, dang. Good games, especially in LTD, thanks so much for coming out!! You're always chill to be around.

5: Gunner - Didn't see as much of you this time. :( But great job here, you're so good. Love seeing you, and you're the best pikachu! Hope to see you soon!

5: PJ - Good stuff, PJ thanks so much for coming out! You're SO good, that Tink. Thanks for the critique/advice, I'll be working on my game. Hope you can make it out again soon, super cool guy!

7: YelloRello - Well, here's out limit. Shows pretty well where we stand haha! Good stuff in low tiers, we wrecked shop. Wish we got to play, maybe next time! Thanks for always making that long drive out here!!

7: Labernash - you are amazing oh my goodness look at you. DANKY Kang loves you. Tyler's protector.

9: icecream - STAY FREE LOLOLOL

9: Lun4 - GOOD STUFF IN 64 you played so well hahaha!!! Love you John!

9: Run C.T. - Good games, thanks for coming out bro, you're really good! Glad you didn't know the MU either haha! Good stuff bopping me in Low Tiers, that hurt. Houston wins this day. Hope to see you again soon!

9: Minifox - MINI STOP OH MY GOODNESS!!! You're getting so much better, good games in doubles, always fun teaming with you!

13: Psychoace - Good stuff Psycho, you're awesome! That DK ditto was a fluke, $10 MM best of 7 next time we meet I'M THE BEAT DANKY KANG good games as always, Smash 4 here we come!

13: Red Ranger - Good stuff bro, you did a lot better than last time!! Thanks for cheering me on! :)

13: Tawko - I saw how close that match was with CT, almost! You're getting better, we got some stuff to work on. You're awesome, I love you, teach me how to be manly.

13: Saix - CONSTANTLY progressing, you're doing great! Keep it up my man, you'll make history. Good games today (even taking a match off my Wario) and glad you're determined. Not too long ago you said that you didn't play video games all the time because you were "a mature college student" BUT look at the progress you made!! Awesome stuff.

17: Jerm - Glad to see you at another tourney, you're getting better each time we see you!! Awesome Diddy, we should do some DANKY/Diddy doubles MMs against people sometimes!

17: Big O - Glad to see you make it out, good stuff out there! I love your character choice, not enough people play Dedede.

17: Limbo - Glad to see you again, thanks for coming out! Tyler kept getting better during your break, sorry!! Hope you can get off work next time, too!! Good games!

RANT INCOMING - (17: Rave - Alright, look. You're not bad at Brawl. You just have your perspective wrong. You said you lost to Rel because your bad at Brawl, but then you said you beat Limbo for the first time. You're getting better, Rel is just a good/better player. There's no shame in that, either. Thing is, you tend to think that all players are at the same/close to the same level and the give or take is MUs and whatnot. That's crap. You could have a 80-20 MU or whatever against Olimar, but Denti will still body you. The point in saying this is, it's important to start looking at specifics in why you lost to players like Rel instead of opting out to the "bad at this game." Once you can understand the differential in player skill and start learning what mistakes you made/ what they did to stop you so hard. You're really good, but there's ALWAYS progress to make. PLEASE, for your own sake, start seeing things as they are. Next smash fest, instead of trying to explain loses, look at all the things me/mini/Jared/whoever did to beat you. You must admit defeat before you can achieve victory.) -rant over

ALSM- Thanks for coming out Sergio, you're awesome. Always fun getting to talk to you. Stay hype, when is SMASH4?!?

Leaf - STAY FREE DAYTON!! I only lost the other games cause I started to play around with you after how bad I bodies you the first two. Then when I could lose Tylers honor and you said it was a set, I woke up and tooted on you for an 80% lead. 80 is the number of poopery, and you achieved that. - Silliness aside, SO glad we got to meet again! Always fun to hang out with, good conversation, and lots of fun. Hope the next time we see you is soon, been too long, Leaf.

Xyro- I achieved victory of the legendary Green Lesbian. I haven't played Kirby in about 7-8 months, so BAM!! I am the champion of Tyler and will fight to the death. Next time the Danky Kang will punch. OHHOHHAHHAHH - Glad to FINALLY meet you, you're just too cool, awesome time talking to you and learning from you. Hopefully we meet again soon! Thank you so much for bringing a group out here, that really helped us as players and was super hype. Thanks for helping Jared run the event, you're legendary.

To the Smash 64 guys, ya'll were all like really sweet and friendly, Smash 64 is the best community. Hopefully we can host more 64 events and we'll see more of you guys!! Glad ya'll could make it!

GOOD GAMES TO EVERYONE WHO CAME OUT AND MAKING THIS TOURNEY HYPE!!!!

Tyler = best city.

Last edited:

ravemaster47

Smash Ace
NNID
ravemaster47
I don't think I played rel this time. Lol. Maybe ilow tiers. I was saying I'm bad at brawl because I'm hella rusty. I blame that long break where there were no tournaments. I need to have someone to sit down and push me further. Also, I think FFXIV has been stealing all my time. TYLER COME PLAY SMASH WITH ME MORE!!!! I AM SO FREE ON WEEKENDS!!!

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
Oh my god next WT I will single-handedly destroy this city's players.
You have no idea of the destruction you are bringing on yourselves.

Vinnie

Smash Master
I see you switched to MK when denti picked Delfino. And then LOST! Not broken for MK ;)
It is broken for MK. I'm not good on Delfino though, Denti and I have had sets where I 3-1 him with ICs but he 3 stocks me on Delfino.

This should have been the ruleset:

Neutrals:
-Final Destination
-Battlefield
-Smashville
-Lylat Cruise
-Yoshi's Island

Counterpicks:
-Halberd
-Castle Siege
-Pokemon Stadium 1
-(maybe) Frigate

The fact that Halberd was a neutral was pretty crazy to me, first time I've been to a tourney where it was a neutral (and I've been to 100+ tourneys). Halberd is broken for MK, but allowing both Halberd and Delfino allows MK to take you to the one you don't ban. With only Halberd legal (APEX ruleset), you can just ban it and have a fair chance at winning.

The seeding was wrong (1Vinnie 2Pwii 3PJ 4Denti) but it happened to not affect the results.

Aside from that, fun tournament. Thank you Xyro for driving, Rave and his wife for housing, and Ice Cream for hosting.

Last edited:

TM_icecream

Smash Ace
Technically the seeding was
1 Vinnie
2 PWii
3 denti
4 trela
5 pj
6 everyone else

But when I had to recreate the bracket from memory/asking who played who, it came out flawed. Sorry :( but I knew that wouldn't affect the results just by looking at the bracket and knowing who would beat who 9 times out of 10

And for stages, I'm just looking at a stages viability, not MK's capability. If we were running apex rule set, PWii still would've been in 3rd, and he did with this one.
I doubt I'll ever have frigate legal again, I find Delfino to be a much more tourney viable stage

Last edited:

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Stage viability is directly related to characters.

There is a reason why Brin/Delf/halberd/RC are not all legal at the same time. Metaknight.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Shout outs
AeroLink- Thanks for the fun friendlies, and for giving my ROB such a rough time in bracket. I'm glad I at least took it to game 5 in LFs though. I already have some tricks up my sleeve prepared for next time.
XKCP- Thanks for the ride and for being great company while doing it. Sometime I'll get you to help me pick up 64, too.
Denti- We hardly talked, I wanted to play you but never got the chance. Not surprising though since you make it so far in every bracket.
Leaf- Nice try! Advancing Guard! The Pit-ROB friendlies were fun. I'm looking forward to see what you do with Pit and Pika. Btw another thing I remembered, idk if you already knew this but pit can edgestall with his glide, just press back->forward+B, pretty easy and good for refreshing invinc.
Bombitty- Sorry for knocking you out twice in one bracket... ALSM returned the favor for you though lol
Artemis- The best GnW I've played, although I haven't played a lot admittedly... but the up-b combos and perfect DACUS tech chasing were legit. That's a one frame window to claw and cstick, like wtf.
Trela- Breathe the boomerang. Love the boomerang. Become the boomerang. Only then can you use the boomerang.
Kirby- Matches as ROB against characters with reflectors always seem more fun. Thanks for the Zelda games.
And shout outs to everyone else I did friendlies with. I just suck at remembering names/tags :c
Yeah, next time my Toon Link will be ready!

Vinnie

Smash Master
but I knew that wouldn't affect the results just by looking at the bracket and knowing who would beat who 9 times out of 10
This isn't very good logic at all, if this was really your logic, why would denti be put against me in semis if you know who beats who 9 out of 10 times? You put us together early knowing he would lose? I'm confused.

I doubt I'll ever have frigate legal again, I find Delfino to be a much more tourney viable stage
This also greatly confuses me, I think this is the order of fairness vs MK

4 basic neutrals
lylat
ps1
CS
frigate
halberd
delfino

TM_icecream

Smash Ace
That's not why denti played you in semis, denti played you in semis because I had to remake the bracket.

First and foremost thing was to make sure everyone who had already played a set or two didn't lose that, so I had to make the bracket for that, then after that was done (almost the whole bracket) people kept asking me to call a match and I had to et stuff going, so I just made sure my top 5 seeds were as far away from each other as possible, which they were. It just wasn't proper, and again, I'm sorry about that.

But once I was done with that, I knew you'd beat denti, he'd beat trela's sheik, him vs PWii could go either way which is nbd because that was loser finals, and then you'd beat the next guy probably.
Which would've happened if you played denti, PWii, or trela in semis.

Artimus

Smash Apprentice
Denti - Always fun to play against you, even though you beat me! Close games though! We need to play more friendlies!

AeroLink - You're my new Arch Rival, so watch out. Wished we played in bracket! >] Thanks for all the friendlies and tips at that last smashfest!

DrinkingFood - Sorry about the salt! It was a long day, and I was grumpy. Great games though, and fun friendlies! You're neutral game and edgeguards we're on point! I definitely got outplayed, but the next time I see you, I'm coming for my 17 dollars. >D

IceCream - Fun tourny! You're not the worst TO, just don't enter EVERY event. Haha.

YelloRello - Those games were close! Haven't sweat that much in a LONG time.

Trela - Same, close, close matches. Didn't sweat that much since I played Yello. Haha!

Major shoutouts to whoever let me bum that cigarette! Great tournament guys!

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
When I saw that Halberd was a starter, I had to leave the venue for a couple minutes, walk in, and then walk back out.
I missed a decent chunk of Vinnie vs Denti over that.

Top Bottom