• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

64 Bits of Fury! N64 for Super Smash Bros.! (Finally revived due to "popular" demand!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I am officially reviving this thread, and honoring my very first support thread.
Expect major changes throughout the coming days!

N64 for Smash Bros!

What is it?
The logo from the 1995 console, The Nintendo 64.

Why?
The SSB series has been known to have an obscure retro character. Melee had Mr. Game And Watch, and Brawl had R.O.B. this would be a great representative for the next Smash Bros. game.
The Nintendo 64 also holds what many consider to be some of the best games ever made, for example Ocarina of Time, Super Mario 64, and Goldeneye 007.

How would it work?
N64 can have a WIDE variety of moves either using hardware, moves from classic games for the system, or even improvising a completely new moveset.
It has also been shown to walk as in the intro to Banjo-Kazooie!

Moveset (WIP)
[collapse=Moveset]

A Attacks- a variety of kicks and "head" butting
Neutral B- [Z- Target] N64 locks on the nearest foe (like Link does in Ocarina and Majora's Mask) and fires a small projectile at the

Side B- [Disk Drive] the N64 DD hops on the N64 and shoots out a disc at fast speeds before popping away again.

Up B- [Super Jump] jumps as high as a triple jump in Mario 64 while making the noise "Wahoo!"

Down B- [Expansion] The expansion pack goes into N64 and ups his knockback for the next hit taken (N64 will fly back as far as bowser would when the expansion pack is active)

Final Smash- [The Original 12] the original 12 from Smash 64 come on the stage and randomly stack everyone (except N64 obviously)
[/collapse]

Roster Maker Icon

Signature Icons:

List of supporters

Mega Bidoof
MorbidAltruism
Zhadgon
SuperBrawler
ACP99
Dr. Flinn
OcarinaOfDoom
ShichibukaiJimber
Mega Dunsparce​

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Can you please add me to the list of supporters? I have always wanted to play as the Nintendo 64 logo. It is MY DREAM. It might even be better than Jigglypuff.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Did MorbidAltruism just say he thinks N64 is almost better than Jigglypuff! You must really like it!

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Oh my! Oh my! Oh my! Me want right now... I´m throwing money to my screen but nothing is happening. Add me to the support list XD.
.n_n.

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
The N64 logo is able to walk just check out the first 10 seconds of this video.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Add me to the support list.

Also, maybe you can add signatures and roster icons and stuff.
I'm actually waiting on someone to make me a roster icon.
I would also like if someone could make one of the Signature icons.
Does anyone know where I can find someone to ask?

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
The N64 logo is able to walk just check out the first 10 seconds of this video.
Well after watching that video, I felt an overwhelming amount of nostalgia and now I want BK in, but that's too unlikely
Imagine this video, but everyone has their nuts and bolts design (except Mumbo doesn't have overalls and tooth has a new design) and then BAM! Banjo Kazooie joins the Battle

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I will provide the Signature Icon. Just wait a little bit.
.n_n.
Please use the picture I have in the beginning of the first post. I feel that's close to the ssb wii u artwork.
Also in the background put pics of the characters of the best N64 games if you can (Mario, Link, James Bond, Banjo)

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Please use the picture I have in the beginning of the first post. I feel that's close to the ssb wii u artwork.
Also in the background put pics of the characters of the best N64 games if you can (Mario, Link, James Bond, Banjo)
I will do the characters later.
.n_n.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Still a better roster idea than freaking half of the character support threads, like freaking Shadow the Hedgehog, Toadette, Adam from Metroid, or freaking Waluigi.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I will not be able to be very active on the boards for the next two weeks, I have some stuff for school coming up.
I'll be able to come on very now and the.
Ill try to add the roster icon and signature icons to the first post tonight If I have the chance.
Can someone (only one person) keep track of people who want to be added to the support list.
Probably not that many people will want to, but still just in case

Mega Dunsparce

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3695-1145-1866

N64 for Smash Bros!

What is it?
The logo from the 1995 console, The Nintendo 64.

Why?
The SSB series has been known to have an obscure retro character. Melee had Mr. Game And Watch, and Brawl had R.O.B. this would be a great representative for the next Smash Bros. game.
The Nintendo 64 also holds what many consider to be some of the best games ever made, for example Ocarina of Time, Super Mario 64, and Goldeneye 007.

Moveset Potential?
N64 can have a WIDE variety of moves either using hardware, moves from classic games for the system, or even improvising a completely new moveset

Moveset (WIP)

A Attacks: a variety of kicks and "head" butting

Standard Special - Lock On N64 locks on the nearest foe (like Link does in Ocarina and Majora's Mask) and fires a small projectile at the foe

Down Special - Expansion The expansion pack goes into N64 and ups his knockback for the next hit taken (N64 will fly back as far as bowser would when the expansion pack is active)

Jakor's Roster Maker Icon

Signature Icons:

List of supporters

Mega Bidoof
MorbidAltruism
Zhadgon
SuperBrawler
ACP99
Dr. Flinn
OcarinaOfDoom
ShichibukaiJimber

Status