• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

50 Song Showdown! Standard Edition. Voting has started! We need you to submit votes!

Ocarina Stealer

Smash Apprentice
Hi everybody, you may remember the 100 Song Showdown video games edition created by Bossvelt the thread was abandoned after he became inactive. Me and Spak Spak have decided to create a new one (after permission from Lemmy Koopa) this time with normal music. We are hoping to attract music lovers from all different genres to give us music to put into the competition and for us all of us to vote on. There will be only one winner!

Here's the format
100 songs in 20 rounds that consist of 5 songs. You guys are going to rate the songs on a scale of 0-10. You can rate the songs with the same ratings if you want.
At the end of the round, We are going to divide the total score of each song by the amount of people that participated in the round. The 20 songs with the best ratings will proceed to the next round, which will then be narrowed down to 5, before a winner is declared in the final round.
We need YOU to PM me or Spak Spak music you want in the competition. We would prefer 5-10 songs from each submitter. PLEASE DO DO NOT SEND MORE THAN 10! Also in the selection preferably do not send more than 2 songs from one artist. Once we receive 100 songs we begin. Highest rated (divide total score of a song by number of participants in that round to get average; rinse repeat till all 5 songs are averaged out) wins. Same thing for 20 rounds. CLEAN SONGS PLEASE!!!!!!! NO SONGS WITH EXPLICIT CONTENT! List of songs below.

Let's get this show on the road folks. Thanks to @xLemmy_KoopaX for giving us permission.

1. Blind Guardian - Imaginations From the Other Side
2. Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man
3. Falconer - Lord of the Blacksmith
4. Iced Earth - Travel in Stygian (1997 ver.)
5. Nile - What Can Safely Be Written
6. Hammerfall - The Outlaw
7. Solar Fragment - Inside the Circle
8. Skeletonwitch - More Cruel Than Weak
9. Holy Grail - Dark Passenger
10. Amon Amarth - Destroyer of the Universe
11. Bloc Party: Hunting for Witches
12. Gorillaz: Dirty Harry
13. Jack White: I'm Shakin'
14. The White Stripes: The Air near my Fingers
15. The Black Keys: Dead and Gone
16. Hydra - Toto
17. The Kids Aren't Alright - The Offspring
18. Best Of You - Foo Fighters
19. New Low - Middle Class Rut
20. Castle Stairs - Buckethead
21. Toby Fox/Undertale - Megalovania
22. Dj Schmolli - Rock of Ages
23. Harmony of Heroes - Maximum Overdrive
24. marasy8 & kors k - Piano Ninja
25. Caravan Palace - Lone Digger
26. Parov Stelar - The Mojo Radio Gang
27. Men Without Hats - Safety Dance
28. Elton John - Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting
29. Oingo Boingo "Dead Man's Party"
30. Blue Oyster Cult "Subhuman"
31. Manowar "The Gods Made Heavy Metal"
32. Dio "Holy Diver"
33. Rolling Stones "Sympathy For The Devil"
34. The Orange Alabaster Mushroom "Tree Pie"
35. Mrs. Miller "Yellow Submarine"
36. MitiS - Give My Regards
37. The Glitch Mob - Fortune Days
38. Lost Horizon - Highlander
39. The Protomen - Light Up the Night
40. Theocracy - Nailed
41. Rise Against - Hairline Fracture
42. Bad Religion - Dearly Beloved
43. Zebrahead - Nothing to Lose
44. Shinedown - Adrenaline
45. Simple Plan - Take My Hand
46. Jason Paige - Pokemon Theme
47. Steve Conte - Seven Rings in Hand
48. Bon Jovi - It's My Life
49. Unwritted Law - The Celebration Song
50. Strike Anywhere - Two Fuses

We are ready for launch people.
The competition has been reduced from 100 to 50.

Last edited:

Lily♫

(✿◠‿◠)
NNID
NheroArconix
3DS FC
5112-3935-5323
Threw a few songs in. Let's go all the way with this one.

Ocarina Stealer

Smash Apprentice
Last edited:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
1. 6/10 - I thought it was pretty good, but it was kinda laid-back for what I expect of power metal.
23. 7/10 - Great arrangement of some classic VGM, but I woulda preferred to have an actual guitar or a proper synth instead of the 16-bit synth doing the rhythm part and I agree that it gets a bit repetitive.
39. 8.5/10 - Someone recently recommended this on the rate the above song thread, and I've fallen in love with this band.
8. 5/10 - I like the instrumentation a lot and liked the song as a whole a lot until the vocalist came in. I don't like many metal vocalists, and this guy is no exception. Woulda been put higher if it were instrumental.
26. 7/10 - I wish that the song actually had lyrics that actually meant something, but it's pretty catchy as it is.

finalark

SNORLAX
1. 8/10: IMO it's a really good song in it's own right but I can understand how people could be put off by it due to it being carried by drums and vocals rather than most power metal which is carried by lead and rhythm. That being said, I still find it underrated.

23. 7/10: It's a fun listen, but it drags in places. I agree with Spak on this one, really wish they had gone for more real instruments.

39. 5/10: I am way in the minority by saying this, but I was never impressed by this song. I honestly would have gone with Sons of Fate or The Hounds as my Protomen rep. I don't think it's terrible, but it just never really stuck in my head and takes a bit too much from classic 80s rock (Abba and Billy Idol especially), coming off more as generic than creative.

8. 7/10: There were three songs that I submitted that I knew would not be well received, this is one of them. I think it's actually a pretty good piece. The instrumentation is awesome, the vocals are some of the best high unclean I've ever heard, for me the thing that really hurts this song (and band as a whole) is the lack of pronounced bass, which would really give it the extra kick that it needs.

26. 4/10: I dig the jazzy instrumentation, but it's a bit to repetitive for me and doesn't really stick out as something I'd really wanna listen to again.

On that note, you might wanna change the thread title to reflect that we've gone with 50 songs and that voting as started.

Top Bottom