• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D

Deleted member

Last edited by a moderator:

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
Sure lets lock our self out of a competetive mode that quickly finds us players in a game we payed for because certain players find it too hard to handle.

Nothing wrong here.

D

Deleted member

Sure lets lock our self out of a competetive mode that quickly finds us players in a game we payed for because certain players find it too hard to handle.

Nothing wrong here.

Acrete

Smash Cadet
I usually tone down my skill online and don’t pick my mains. Every now and then I come across someone with a provocative message like “ F$&@! You!” Or “You lost right?”

I then stomp them with my mains.

In other occasions I feel like decimating and the funny thing is most people will keep trying to win at least once to feel better bout themselves. They never do lol I got an 80% win ratio you have little hope.

Last edited:

1FC0

Smash Lord
Only 80%? That is low by my standards. I thought I was pretty bad but I got well over 80%. Guess I am just very good but due to my modesty I underestimated my skill.

Acrete

Smash Cadet
Only 80%? That is low by my standards. I thought I was pretty bad but I got well over 80%. Guess I am just very good but due to my modesty I underestimated my skill.
Lol sure you did.

Lucariannah

Smash Rookie
I don't get what the problem is. Why wouldn't you want to fight the best players? That's how you learn, if you only fight people around your level then chances are you won't improve as much. It's like getting 1st hand training with a pro for free.

1FC0

Smash Lord
I don't get what the problem is. Why wouldn't you want to fight the best players? That's how you learn, if you only fight people around your level then chances are you won't improve as much. It's like getting 1st hand training with a pro for free.
The point is that when they play against me they just lose because I am the best and all other people play for second place.
So even though I am very good for training against, training against me is pointless because it will never bring someone to the point where he could beat me. It would just be endless training and never reaching the goal.

D

Deleted member

Lucariannah

Smash Rookie
That's what you would expect, but in reality good players mostly just leave after one match, talk ****, play annoyingly or uninthusiastically, etc. Instead of teaching me so I can improve, they try to punish me for being bad. I'm only talking about good players that do things like that. If you're not a snob I want to play you on fg, but good players that don't ruin the experience are few and far between.
So far out of the 40ish games that I've played on 1v1 fg I've only had 1 guy switch to bowser after he got mad and stop trying, as a responce I wrecked him and laughed, sorry your experience has been different than mine in a worse way, hope it improves for you. I've even met a few friends in the 2 months I've had the game.

Acrete

Smash Cadet
That's what you would expect, but in reality good players mostly just leave after one match, talk ****, play annoyingly or uninthusiastically, etc. Instead of teaching me so I can improve, they try to punish me for being bad. I'm only talking about good players that do things like that. If you're not a snob I want to play you on fg, but good players that don't ruin the experience are few and far between.
You should still be able to learn despite all that. By the sounds of it you just hate losing. Pretty common I’d say.

1FC0

Smash Lord
Yeah it does not matter whether they try to teach you or not if they play good enough against you to beat you consistently then you can learn from them.

Lucariannah

Smash Rookie
Also in this game there's so many great low and mid tier mains to fight, it feels good to get destroyed by a Cloud main, then a Samus, then a Ganon, feels good that each time Sakurai makes a game there's more variety and soul, more chance for everyone to play who they love because smash 4 and onward low teirs really have a chance now, there's so much to be positive about here now days instead of being negative. King K. Rool just got announced for Smash Ultimate, cheer up things keep getting better for us.

Last edited:

1FC0

Smash Lord
it feels good to get destroyed by a Cloud main
Getting destroyed by a pay2win character appears to be a dreadful experience to me.

I dislike pay2win characters. And to clear up a common misconception: My R.O.B. is pLay2win, not pay2win. And that only applies to MY R.O.B., not R.O.B. in general.

Lucariannah

Smash Rookie
Getting destroyed by a pay2win character appears to be a dreadful experience to me.

I dislike pay2win characters. And to clear up a common misconception: My R.O.B. is pLay2win, not pay2win. And that only applies to MY R.O.B., not R.O.B. in general.
There is no pay2win in ssb4 for the wii u. Diddy Kong is the best character and he is free. Zero won 56 consecutive Smash tournaments in 2014 and 2015 using only Diddy Kong.

1FC0

Smash Lord
There is no pay2win in ssb4 for the wii u. Diddy Kong is the best character and he is free. Zero won 56 consecutive Smash tournaments in 2014 and 2015 using only Diddy Kong.
The first tournament was before both Cloud and Bayonetta and the latter tournament was before Bayonetta and probably before Cloud. In other words you are trying to prove that Bayonetta and Cloud are not the best characters by pointing out that other characters won tournaments where Bayonetta and Cloud were not available.

In addition to that good players can overcome bad matchups. That does not mean that paying for a good matchup does not give an advantage. People who did not pay for Bayonetta or Cloud are still at a disadvatage because they cannot practice with the best characters. In order to maximize ones chances of winning one needs to pay for Bayonetta and practice with her because she is the best.

Last edited:

Lucariannah

Smash Rookie
The first tournament was before both Cloud and Bayonetta and the latter tournament was before Bayonetta and probably before Cloud. In other words you are trying to prove that Bayonetta and Cloud are not the best characters by pointing out that other characters won tournaments where Bayonetta and Cloud were not available.
No, the source of proof that Zero beat all Bayonetta and Cloud players who he played against at multiple Smash 4 for wii u tournaments using only Diddy Kong are in the "Tournament placings" section of this page: https://www.ssbwiki.com/Smasher:ZeRo

People who did not pay for Bayonetta or Cloud are still at a disadvatage because they cannot practice with the best characters. In order to maximize ones chances of winning one needs to pay for Bayonetta and practice with her because she is the best.
True.

Last edited:
Top Bottom