• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic South Press start Christmas Clash!

Press start Christmas Clash!
Posted by Pudding009
Press Start
Sunday, December 13, 2015 - 01:00 PM
Until: Sunday, December 13, 2015 - 09:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/Chicago)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/Chicago

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Pudding009

Smash Cadet
NNID
pudding009
Press Start is back with more smash,but this time with a $500 pot bonus in smash 4 singles.

Venue:
$10

Entrance: $5

Rules: 3 stock matches with 8 minute timers. Every match will be best of 3 (except winners finals,losers finals, and grands final which will be best fo 5).No customs or equipment,but Miis are legal with 1111 moves with a guess mii.

Amiibo’s are banned.

You may not choose a stage you have already won on unless mutually agreed to.

You may play any stage as long as both players agree on the stage choice.

Order of events:

Pick characters, then stage striking.

First stage is decided by banning from the Starter Stages in P1(1)-P2(2)-P1(2)-P2(2)-P1(1) order.

Winning player is not locked into the same character for the next match, but has to pick before loser selects character

Winning player bans two stages from both starter maps and counter picks then the losing player selects the map.

The Winning player must then choose character then The Losing player chooses character.

Stages: starters: finaldestination, battlefield, smashville,town and city, and dreamland 64

counterpicks: lylat cruise, duckhunt, halberd, defino plaza

Winnings: will be split 60/30/10 for both doubles and singles.

Friendly_Fire

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheFriendlyFire
Three stocks? For singles? Isn't that a bit much? I'm not trying to be rude or anything, but most tournaments and friendlies I've played have had two stocks, as well as most majors.

Pudding009

Smash Cadet
NNID
pudding009
Three stocks? For singles? Isn't that a bit much? I'm not trying to be rude or anything, but most tournaments and friendlies I've played have had two stocks, as well as most majors.
3 stock is mostly preference it works for us and hasl (a big tournament in alabama does three stock as well)

Wundermittens

UAB Smash Club VP
NNID
Panionator
Yeah what time will doubles actually start? Unfortunately, something just came up. So I probably could not make it till 230. Is it still possible to participate in doubles?

Tr4n

Smash Cadet
That's just Sam. I am going regardless and have a backup partner

Bloss

Smash Rookie
Whats the exact building that will be the venue?
The building is Press Start. It is a gaming LAN Center. It is located between the Aldi and the Police Station on highway 31 in alabaster. It is also on the corner of its strip

Bloss

Smash Rookie
Yeah what time will doubles actually start? Unfortunately, something just came up. So I probably could not make it till 230. Is it still possible to participate in doubles?
Doubles will be starting at 1:00 and singles will start as it ends.

Tr4n

Smash Cadet
yes we will have doubles first then singles.
Will Singles start immediately after doubles or is there a specified time on Sunday for Singles? I am going to both, just want to know.

Edit: Also, if we bring a setup does it waive the venue fee? I am bringing one, I couldnt find info on it above.

Last edited:

Tr4n

Smash Cadet
Great tournament! I think I only played one person I have played before. A lot of good players and people. Can't wait to see you all again.

Top Bottom