• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 and Melee Added To MLG World Finals 2015!

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Smash just keeps on having fantastic large scale events hosted by big organizations and now MLG is jumping back into the fray! Smash for Wii U and Melee have both been added to the MLG World Finals for 2015. This will be their 100th MLG event and will also mark the 34th MLG event to feature a Smash tournament. The event is set to take place in New Orleans, Louisiana from October 16th through 18th.

Both Smash for Wii U and Melee will have double-eliminations styled tournaments with a 256 man cap and $10,000 in prizes to compete for! PDP will be helping sponsor the event and there are plans to have room for friendlies alongside dedicated tournament stations for both games.

How does one register and how much will it cost? From the official announcement:

---​

Tournament Registration is open now in the MLG Store. Single Tournament Player Passes will be sold for $50. That includes a $30 Venue Fee and a $20 Tournament Fee. Players can also compete in both Tournaments by purchasing a Combined Player Pass for $70. Players must register online as Player Passes will not be sold at the door.

For those looking to watch the action in person, General Admission Tickets are already on sale for $49. And for those looking to watch from home, be sure to tune in to MLG.tv all weekend long.

Additional World Finals information here and additional Tournament information here.

---​

Excited to see Smash once again at MLG? Plan to enter and compete? Let us know in the comments below and stay tuned to Smashboards for more breaking event coverage!

SmashCapps wishes with all his might he could afford to make the trip. To share in his travels woes or hype for the upcoming event be sure to follow him on Twitter.

Effay

Smash Lord
Switch FC
0527-9775-5784
YEEEEEESSSS!!
This is the best news of 2015. I loved MLG's Smash event last year, especially cause they had best of five for all sets.

Last edited by a moderator:

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
we esports now. aw yeah!

Last edited:
3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
one month notice and 256 man cap? Gee thanks for the....uh...what am I thankful for? The last minute notice?

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
Hype! It's nice to see the scene for both games grow and flourish.

Im Fragbait

Smash Apprentice
its not even worth going to this because of the 256 cap. the only thing im excited about is smash is back on mlg

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I suppose I've made the trip to LA often enough. Maybe I'll redeem myself for missing my EVO flight.

J.P

Smash Journeyman
NNID
3DS FC
2466-2692-8715
Am I the only one who's skeptical about this event? Last year, MLG Anahiem had some serious issues and most people who were there weren't satisfied. Maybe people forgot too quickly or weren't in the scene yet but I honestly doubt this event will be different from last year. Also the 256 man cap and one month notice don't help either.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Am I the only one who's skeptical about this event? Last year, MLG Anahiem had some serious issues and most people who were there weren't satisfied. Maybe people forgot too quickly or weren't in the scene yet but I honestly doubt this event will be different from last year. Also the 256 man cap and one month notice don't help either.
Well, 256-player cap likely means they'll have fewer time/bracket issues, and with the numbers being put up for these games elsewhere, they'll have no trouble reaching that cap quickly.

SonicNKnux

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SonicNKnux
3DS FC
2251-4823-9526
YEEEEEESSSS!!
This is the best news of 2015. I loved MLG's Smash event last year, especially cause they had best of five for all sets.

Don't do that. You're likely going to get in trouble for saying that.
May I ask by whom? Can't those who don't want to read it scroll over it?

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
It's not a true MLG article without MLG memes plaguing the comment section.

Top Bottom