• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS 3DS Coding reveals characters - SSB4's "Forbidden 7"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmashWarrior202

Smash Cadet
NNID
Smashmatt202
3DS FC
1633-4497-7356
If there's already a topic like this, please post a link to that topic and lock this.

So I just came across this image:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BxiP_hhCMAAxGcO.png:large

And I was immediately reminded of Super Smash Bros. Brawl's "forbidden 6", which, incidentally, was coding for 6 characters on the disc of Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Said characters were Dixie Kong, Dr. Mario, Mewtwo, Roy, "Pra & Mai", Toon Zelda, and Toon Sheik. It was thought that these were planned characters in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, but were eventually scrapped, and their data remained on the disc.

This seems similar, except this list apparently includes the codes for alternate costume characters like the Koopalings... This might indicate that Proto Man (Blues in Japan) was meant to be an alternate costume... And that Lucas, the Ice Climbers, Wolf, and Mewtwo were indeed planned to be in this game... As well as Marshal, who, contrary to whoever made this picture, ISN'T one of the Chorus Men, but rather is this guy here:

http://rhythmheaven.wikia.com/wiki/Marshal

Perhaps these guys were scrapped, similar to the "forbidden 7" of Brawl... but then again, in this day and age, where stuff can easily be added post-release, maybe this is foreshadowing for things to come! I'd certainly welcome back the Ice Climbers, Mewtwo, and Lucas, and I always preferred Marshal over the Chorus Men as far as Rhythm Heaven reps go.

What bothers me, though, is that Ridley's nowhere to be seen... As if he wasn't a planned character. Nor was King K. Rool... But who knows, maybe this means nothing. Regardless, it's all very interesting.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Well, this could mean a possible chance for DLC.

Last edited:

StarLight42

Smash Lord
I hope all of these characters are in for DLC, especially Proto Man, I always wanted another Mega Man rep but I didn't think Sakurai would do it at all for this game.

I'm surprised there's no Ridley though, maybe he really is a boss? God, that would suck, hard.

I do not want Proto Man to be a clone though, if he's getting Dark Pit treatment, i'd rather not have him unless he's free DLC.

Last edited:

SmashWarrior202

Smash Cadet
NNID
Smashmatt202
3DS FC
1633-4497-7356
I doubt Proto Man will be a playable character. If anything, he'll be an alternate costume, like Alph or the Koopalings.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Also let me add that I saw this on a previous board and one of the guys noticed Sheik is spelled wrong so this could be easily a fake.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
"Fitshiek" instead of "Fitsheik" as well as Ike only having 2 items in his files gives this away.

PikaSamus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BattleSubway
I think fitzapper is Duck Hunt as the game used the NES Zapper.
EDIT: fitdedede and fitdedede| [sic]?

Last edited:

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
I don't trust this at face value either. :ohwell: It doesn't seem entirely farfetched but the mispellings and 2-item-Ike listing really hurt its believability.

Meta-Kraid

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-0411-8525
N-n-no Ridley... :demon: There will be blood lets just hope this means cut content and not DLC that does explain why Dixie's trophy looked like it was thrown together at the last minute Ridley isn't dead until we find a body or trophy AND stage boss
Edit: never mind it's fake.

Last edited:

RADSheikah

Smash Apprentice
I hope all of these characters are in for DLC, especially Proto Man, I always wanted another Mega Man rep but I didn't think Sakurai would do it at all for this game.

I'm surprised there's no Ridley though, maybe he really is a boss? God, that would suck, hard.

I do not want Proto Man to be a clone though, if he's getting Dark Pit treatment, i'd rather not have him unless he's free DLC.
I personaly think they would change some moves to make them more "Protoman" ala Making the leaf shield the Proto Shield.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom