• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3C Project - PM alts, recolors, and more!

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
So, I'm having a bit of trouble with installing some stock icons. For example, I'm trying to replace one of Link's stock icons in 'sc_selcharacter.pac', but when I try to replace it, I'm met with an error. I managed to replace a stock icon for Samus just fine, so I compared the two. The sizes between the two files are different. The Link icon's size is 18.4kb, and the Samus icon's size is 1.34kb. Is there something I can toggle om BrawlBox v0.77 that can allow slightly larger files, or do I have to somehow reduce the file size of each individual stock icon I've downloaded?

I'm asking here because both icons I got from the Smash 3C project. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:

FalconRPG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
F4LC0NPUNCH111
3DS FC
4141-2695-8953
Switch FC
SW-0822-1850-3326
So, I'm having a bit of trouble with installing some stock icons. For example, I'm trying to replace one of Link's stock icons in 'sc_selcharacter.pac', but when I try to replace it, I'm met with an error. I managed to replace a stock icon for Samus just fine, so I compared the two. The sizes between the two files are different. The Link icon's size is 18.4kb, and the Samus icon's size is 1.34kb. Is there something I can toggle om BrawlBox v0.77 that can allow slightly larger files, or do I have to somehow reduce the file size of each individual stock icon I've downloaded?

I'm asking here because both icons I got from the Smash 3C project. Any help would be appreciated.
I'm having the same problem too, but I'm not using the Lite build.

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
You may not have noticed, but I've been obeying a schedule of uploading menu features every two days. Sorry to say, today is not one of those days. However, that doesn't mean I have nothing to show.

It's a reference to one of the Brawl screens, don't judge me.
*** is not a censored word
edit: oh wait yes it is
Well since this is a family friendly website....

147546290083348.png

Last edited:

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Yeah, I've noticed that most 3C stock icons cause errors when I tried to import them. I opened them in Photoshop and used "save for web" to overwrite them, after which they were able to be imported. I'm not entirely sure how they made the files to cause such errors.
I have not had such an error replacing stocks. But I shall indeed remember this in case it happens.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
So, another question.

Anyone having troubles with constant crashing? I've gone back and installed vanilla Project M 3.6, put Smash 3 Base over it, than put the Smash 3C Lite Pack over that. It'll crash at random times, mostly during gameplay or on the CSS. Crashes happen, and that is fine, but they shouldn't be this common. I've been working with this guide to try and help me out, but it only covers the CSS stuff. He makes a good point when he says "Freezing at any point generally means one of two things. Either the game is tries to load something that's corrupted or isn't there (like maybe a stage or ASL stage that's messed up), or the current "screen" contains too much information for the console to process (there's a specific number for that limit for each screen, no idea off the top of my head though), so it crashes."

I'm working with a Homebrew Wii if that helps any.

Cynapse

Smash Ace
So, another question.

Anyone having troubles with constant crashing? I've gone back and installed vanilla Project M 3.6, put Smash 3 Base over it, than put the Smash 3C Lite Pack over that. It'll crash at random times, mostly during gameplay or on the CSS. Crashes happen, and that is fine, but they shouldn't be this common. I've been working with this guide to try and help me out, but it only covers the CSS stuff. He makes a good point when he says "Freezing at any point generally means one of two things. Either the game is tries to load something that's corrupted or isn't there (like maybe a stage or ASL stage that's messed up), or the current "screen" contains too much information for the console to process (there's a specific number for that limit for each screen, no idea off the top of my head though), so it crashes."

I'm working with a Homebrew Wii if that helps any.
To my knowledge, the only crash-causer in the whole pack would be Kirby, who has been fixed in his individual Vault download.

blerb

Smash Journeyman
Crashes without any consistency are very difficult to fix. Be sure to make note of any constants in your crashes. Does a character/costume cause consistent crashing? Is it a certain combination of characters? Stages? Certain portraits?

Without this information, it's difficult for us to effectively help you.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Crashes without any consistency are very difficult to fix. Be sure to make note of any constants in your crashes. Does a character/costume cause consistent crashing? Is it a certain combination of characters? Stages? Certain portraits?

Without this information, it's difficult for us to effectively help you.
That's the thing. There's really no pattern to it.

I've noticed a couple crashes related to either Pit and/or Samus. Once over the selection screen, the CPU was Pit and I was hovering over Samus, hit B to bring the puck to me, and it crashed. Another time in a match with a CPU Pit and Toon Link, while I was Samus yet again. I'm gonna post this in the 3C Discord as well.

FalconRPG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
F4LC0NPUNCH111
3DS FC
4141-2695-8953
Switch FC
SW-0822-1850-3326
That's the thing. There's really no pattern to it.

I've noticed a couple crashes related to either Pit and/or Samus. Once over the selection screen, the CPU was Pit and I was hovering over Samus, hit B to bring the puck to me, and it crashed. Another time in a match with a CPU Pit and Toon Link, while I was Samus yet again. I'm gonna post this in the 3C Discord as well.
Probably just random freezes, kinda happens with vPM.

MemeBoy

Smash Rookie
Hello, i have an issue with the Lite pack. I tried to put it on the Smash Bros. Legacy 1.3 build and everything was fine, until i had to pick a stage. Looks like the pack broke the stage selection and now i can't pick up alts and some stages are duplicated. Someone has a solution to this problem? I really want to use the Smash 3C costumes and the legacy stages, and this is quite odd cuz i thinked that it was compatible to any Project M 3.6 build.

MaybeGerg

Smash Apprentice
Hello, i have an issue with the Lite pack. I tried to put it on the Smash Bros. Legacy 1.3 build and everything was fine, until i had to pick a stage. Looks like the pack broke the stage selection and now i can't pick up alts and some stages are duplicated. Someone has a solution to this problem? I really want to use the Smash 3C costumes and the legacy stages, and this is quite odd cuz i thinked that it was compatible to any Project M 3.6 build.
If I recall, the lite pack should do nothing to harm anything to do with stages. Are you using the code supplied in the pack?

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
If you used one of the codes with the pack, it only has the default PM 3.6 stages and alts.

MemeBoy

Smash Rookie
If I recall, the lite pack should do nothing to harm anything to do with stages. Are you using the code supplied in the pack?
If you used one of the codes with the pack, it only has the default PM 3.6 stages and alts.
Yep, that's the problem, i used the code. I'll try the game without it. btw its purpose it's the number of alt costumes right? If i don't use it every character would have less skins?

Shren

Smash Journeyman
Yep, that's the problem, i used the code. I'll try the game without it. btw its purpose it's the number of alt costumes right? If i don't use it every character would have less skins?
yep, less skins

MemeBoy

Smash Rookie
Well, finally it worked. But i have another doubt, i want to use the background of the character selection screen and the results stage of the build that i use. How can i change them?

Layell

Smash Journeyman
Hello all Smash 3C fans,

I am sorry but today I have a very negative update to give all of you, I am sad to announce that we are releasing Smash 3C NES Meta Knight.

Why is this so negative? Because it's the first standalone costume we are releasing that is part of Brawl Minus, and since I am being so negative and the mod is Brawl Minus.. if what I was taught in math class is correct this now becomes a positive content update!

HOORAY PLEASE ENJOY THIS NEW COSTUME IN WHATEVER MOD YOU CHOOSE!

Special thanks to @Mach 7.6 for providing the render and pose he used for this, you could use the smash 3 pose if you'd like as well. It's all there for you to use!

I was never that great at math class
Also thanks for ledge reminding me about MGS1 Snake

Last edited:

Shren

Smash Journeyman
Hello all Smash 3C fans,

I am sorry but today I have a very negative update to give all of you, I am sad to announce that we are releasing Smash 3C NES Meta Knight.

Why is this so negative? Because it's the first standalone costume we are releasing that is part of Brawl Minus, and since I am being so negative and the mod is Brawl Minus.. if what I was taught in math class is correct this now becomes a positive content update!

HOORAY PLEASE ENJOY THIS NEW COSTUME IN WHATEVER MOD YOU CHOOSE!

Special thanks to @Mach 7.6 for providing the render and pose he used for this, you could use the smash 3 pose if you'd like as well. It's all there for you to use!

I was never that great at math class
Also thanks for ledge reminding me about MGS1 Snake
so much negativity.

DaDousand

Smash Rookie

Well there is; I've included a Wind Waker "endgame" Outset Toon Link equipped with the Mirror Shield, Master Sword and the Power Bracelets
Wow! Exactly what I was looking for! Including those power bracelets. Think you can do the same for the Tunics?

Chag0

Smash Cadet
In case you want to update the Smash 3 Fox brawl vault entry, keep in mind that the James (yellow) recolor doesnt have metals

ThePizzaDog

Smash Rookie
But wait, there’s more! Today we’re coming at you with another Brawl Minus update! What’s this? TWO updates in two days? Just look at all this content!

It’s Lucas in his adorable Ultimate Chimera PJs from Brawl Minus! That kid has lost a lot, so we figured it was only fair to give him something really nice for a change!

Just like with NES Meta Knight, @Mach 7.6 graciously provided us with his render files for this, so you can choose from either the ultra-cute unique Brawl Minus pose or the swanky Smash 3 matching pose!

But Lucas doesn’t just one set of pajamas—he gets 11! That’s right, he gets 11 different color variants to choose from, because we like to go the extra mile! Now he can always stay in fashion!

I’m using a ton of exclamation point because this is all so exciting!! I love this costume!!! Oh baby!!!!

(I haven’t even played Mother 3 yet!!!!!)

FalconRPG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
F4LC0NPUNCH111
3DS FC
4141-2695-8953
Switch FC
SW-0822-1850-3326
MaybeGerg MaybeGerg There's problems with the Classic intros:
  • "Metal" and "Giant" disappear at times
  • Pit's is too big
  • Snake's doesn't work

FalconRPG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
F4LC0NPUNCH111
3DS FC
4141-2695-8953
Switch FC
SW-0822-1850-3326
You're gonna have to be more specific with one and three. Which characters, what models etc.
  • The text that appears with a metal/giant opponent
  • I noticed this when "Team Pit" occured
  • All i see is compressed clouds before I fight Snake
And the Black+White pic in the file is unchanged for some characters. All on Wii, BTW

Last edited:

Layell

Smash Journeyman
Are Legacy XP characters like Pichu and Young Link getting this treatment or is that too much to ask for?
I can safely say that nobody has expressed any interest in EX/XP sort of content.

In addition, there are no other brawl minus outfits in progress, so if people want these sorts of things there needs to be some stepping up. There are a few of us who won't mind making renders for good texture work. NES Metaknight was relatively easy to do, and PizzaDog really liked the Lucas alt.

Heck I'm not going to be doing any texturing for a while now.

So if you like any other costumes a whole lot, learn to texture : )

MaybeGerg

Smash Apprentice
  • The text that appears with a metal/giant opponent
  • I noticed this when "Team Pit" occured
  • All i see is compressed clouds before I fight Snake
And the Black+White pic in the file is unchanged for some characters. All on Wii, BTW
I know what you mean, I'm asking which characters have buggy words and which model for Snake you're using.

FalconRPG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
F4LC0NPUNCH111
3DS FC
4141-2695-8953
Switch FC
SW-0822-1850-3326
I know what you mean, I'm asking which characters have buggy words and which model for Snake you're using.
Smash 3C pose, and I'm not sure how many characters have the word problem since I've only seen Samus and Wario's.

Last edited:

MaybeGerg

Smash Apprentice
Smash 3C pose, and I'm not sure how many characters have the word problem since I've only seen Samus and Wario's.
Yeaaaah, I know what the issue is for Samus and Wario, and probably Pikachu and Link too. I'm in the process of doing a revamp for everything to do with the menu things I've put out, so I'll take a good look at the word problems. As for Snake, that's fascinating that's it's causing problems. May take a while for everything to be ready but I'll be sure to post it here.

While I'm here, I better give an update on our Congratulations screens! We've got things from nice shots to great references to all too familiar memes. I'll have more news on that as we get more submissions.

Last edited:

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
We have a big update to the Lite Pack! Here are a few pictures that explain the main points:

Partial Changelog:
- Various character fixes (metals, shaders, etc): Kirby, Lucario, Mr. L, Pit, Ivysaur, Wii ROB, Mario Kart ROB, Retro Samus, Sheik, Yoshi, Zelda
- Major character revamps and new costumes: Solid Snake, Big Boss face camo alts, Chimera Lucas, Master Hand and Crazy Hand added
- New option included to use only Brawl+PM Models, as well as only PM recolors, including: Brawl Marth, PM Mewtwo, Brawl Pit, Brawl Jigglypuff, PM Roy, Brawl/PM Samus, Brawl Zero Suit Samus, and Brawl Sonic
- New optional Smash 3C HUD
- Various tweaks and corrections: info.pac has had missing sections restored to re-enable screenshots and Wiimote buttons on screen, classic mode intros have been redone and all work correctly

❤ Nikodemus05

Zero Skill Spamus
NNID
Nikodemus05
3DS FC
3952-7737-9671
I love it!!!

Could you by any chance upload the cbliss codes for the 10 slots + pig ganon? It's totally ok if you can't!

Top Bottom