• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rosalina's E3 2014 Coverage Thread - Read-only Mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Rosalina's E3 2014 Coverage Thread

E3 2014 has come and gone, but there has been a good deal of contents involving Rosalina during that time.

This coverage thread has been used to contribute information from the Smash Bros. Invitational and Smash-Fest, regarding Rosalina. This includes her attacks, their effects, damage output, aesthetic animations, and even her attributes.

The following are all the contents that the contributors have found and analyzed. However, keep in mind that some of the information may be subject to change when the game is finally released.

Notice: This thread is in read-only mode; no more posts can be made. If there's anything that you want to add, please contact me with a conversation, and I'll add the information onto the primary post.

Moveset

Standard Attacks

Standard Attack / 3-hit Combo
Mario_and_Sonic_Guy said:
The first attack with Rosalina's standard attack dealt 4% damage. Another hit dealt up to 3% damage, followed up by some hits that dealt either 2% or 3% damage each.
Forward Tilt
Sqa$ said:
Just watching Nintendo Treehouse, and we got to see an Forward Tilt in action from Rosalina. It didn't make any connections, so I couldn't see any percent that it does, but a small galaxy appears in front of her as she leans forward. I think it will have multiple hits like Zelda's neutral jab, or maybe have the same kind of sour and sweet spotting effect like Rosalina's back air.

I would like to comment that my comment relating to the F-Tilt may or may not be inaccurate to some degree. Since I haven't played the game, I am taking what I see on the screen for what it could possibly be. If somebody could find information about Rosalina's tilts, that would be awesome.
NoDes said:
her forawrd tilt dose 10 damage here
Up Tilt

Down Tilt
Rose alumna said:
down tilt looks like it does 14 with luma
Down tilt dealt 9% damage without the Luma.
NoDes said:
down tilt doing 6 damage
Dash Attack
Dash attack deals two hits. First hit dealt 6% damage, while the second hit dealt 4% damage.

Dash attack's first hit apparently dealt 7% damage to Fox.
Sqa$ said:

gif of the Dash Attack, looks like two hits, the first is 6%, the second is 4%
Smash Attacks

Forward Smash
Rose alumna said:
forward smash luma+rosalina 19 damage luma bye its self 7
Sqa$ said:

The F-tilt can be seen on the right, unless it's the Fsmash

Rosalina definitely used her forward smash to KO Little Mac. The attack dealt 14% damage.
Sqa$ said:
So with two pictures posted as the F-Smash, It looks like Rosalina will have different hitboxes for when she does and does not have the luma. You can see from when she has the Luma, there's no galaxy and the Luma shoots out farther, but without it, the range of the attack is basically halved and there's a galaxy (potentially sweet spot) that appears. People will have to learn her like they learn Ice Climbers I think which is really neat.

Watching more matches today, the galaxy DOES appear in the F-smash with Luma around, but the rest of the above post still applies.
Up Smash
Rose alumna said:
up smash sour spot 4 damage uncharged

up smash with luma uncharged does 12
Up smash apparently dealt up to 13% damage without the Luma on Fox.
NoDes said:
up smash doing 13 damage. Luma missed
Down Smash
Uncharged down smash dealt up to 8% damage to Mario. It later dealt 7% damage to Donkey Kong. However, the attack appears to deliver up to two hits, with the second hit dealing up to 10% damage when uncharged. Attack has KO potential on high damaged opponents, as it did KO Samus at one point.

The Luma's down smash attack apparently dealt 4% damage on Mario.
Aerial Attacks

Neutral Aerial
Card said:
Rosalina's Neutral-Air is actually a front somersault, with a galaxy-like hitbox following her heels for the whole flip. With what little time I had, I found it quite difficult to use, but I can see the applications with a little more practice. Since its a front-flip with the hitbox starting up behind Rosalina, performing it in reverse acts as a very quick short-hopped aerial. Fairly certain its 1-hit also, not multi-hitting.

<--- Think of Charizard's Neutral-Air somersault in Brawl, and its very reminiscent to that, although it's rotation speed is much slower, but has a much wider radius of coverage to make up for it.
NoDes said:

I mad gifs of her neutral air
Forward Aerial
Rose alumna said:
forward air multiple hits good combo starter at low damage
Forward aerial dealt up to 6% damage on Samus. It also seemed to deal 6% damage with one hit at one point. However, the attack seemed to deal up to 11% damage if all the hits connect.
Backward Aerial
Rose alumna said:
back air sweet spot around 12 damage← actually unsure if that was a sweet spot
Sqa$ said:

That's the bair
Up Aerial

Up aerial dealt up to 14% damage when it made contact with Zero Suit Samus. However, it only dealt up to 9% damage on Sonic.
Sqa$ said:
That could mean that there is a sweet spot on the move or that stale moves is implemented.
Up aerial dealt up to 15% damage on Samus.
NoDes said:
up air doing 14 damage with Luma here
Down Aerial
Sqa$ said:
Additionally, the Down Aerial looks as though it causes a slight momentum change when used, but nothing like Ivysaur's down air. It's a very minute momentum change.
Sour spot down aerial dealt up to 7% damage on Fox, and had very little knockback.
NoDes said:
down air in edge game
Special Attacks

Luma Shot
Luma Shot dealt 14% damage when it was charged up. It later dealt 10% damage during a sudden death match.
ThatWasPeachy said:
Luma Shot is a KO move when fully charged.
Luma Shot can actually deal up to 17% damage when fully charged.
Star Bits
Rose alumna said:
i dont know what to do with star bits so i guess a throw away move
Launch Star
Rose alumna said:
launch stars great recovery but be care full u might over shot also its punishable
Sqa$ said:
Additionally, after watching the Treehouse matches, Rosalina looks like her launch star recovery does not have a hitbox to deal damage. Unless it is really small, neither sonic nor Zero Suit got hit with the recovery. The only potential hitbox is Rosalina's body right after launch, but no damage was dealt from it whenever it was used.
Brickbuild101 said:
The Launch Star can be used consecutively, but only within a certain time frame.
Gravitational Pull
Rose alumna said:
gravitational pull is your best friend she can throw items like a boss but hard getting to them gravitational pull gatcha also theres a lot of projectiles in the game thats where gravitational pull comes in again
Sqa$ said:
Also the neutral air for Rosalina has yet to make a connection with another player and deal damage, but the animation consists of Rosalina flinging her wand around like crazy with a small trail. I have yet to see if it is multi hit or single hit. Here's a picture of part of the aerial.

Note: Card confirmed that Rosalina was using Gravitational Pull on that screenshot. As a result, Sqa$'s information is incorrect.
Final Smash: Power Star
Rose alumna said:
final smash not vary useful but at end big explosion that can kill
Sonic took 38% damage some point once the Power Star exploded. Hard to say if the damage came specifically from the Final Smash alone.

The small stars from the Final Smash dealt 7% damage on Zero Suit Samus.

Location is key when using the Power Star Final Smash, as if it's executed at the wrong place, it won't be all that helpful for building up damage. It might have edge-guarding capabilities when used right.
Grabs & Throws

Grab
Sqa$ said:

The grab animation from Rosalina without a Luma. A Pummel happens that does 2%
Dash Grab
Sqa$ said:

Rosalina's Dash grab animation. It's the same general animation as the normal grab, however since she is running, she scoops upwards.
Pummel
Rose alumna said:
pummel 1-2 damage
NoDes said:
Pummel dealt 2% each followed by a down throw 9%
Forward Throw
Sqa$ said:

Rosalina's forward throw on Fox, does 9%
Backward Throw
Rose alumna said:
back throw 11 damage
Backward throw apparently dealt up to 12% damage on Fox.
Sqa$ said:

Rosalina's backthrow on DK. Does 11%
Up Throw
NoDes said:
up throw follow by down throw then dash attack.
Up throw deals up to 7% damage.
Down Throw

Down throw was shown, but because Rosalina was tiny, the throw only dealt 6% damage to Little Mac. Likely does more damage if Rosalina is normal-sized.
NoDes said:
down throw
Down throw deals up to 9% damage.
Taunts
sonicbrawler182 said:
At the end of this video, Rosalina & Luma's taunts are dislplayed - the first is Rosalina swishing her wand about as Luma spins upwards with her movements (the motion was previously assumed to be Rosalina's animation for summoning the Luma, since it was made to look like that in her trailer), the second is the little twirl they do near the end of their trailer, the third involves Rosalina giving an intimidating glare towards her opponent while twiddling her wand about in between her fingers and slightly thrusting her hips forward twice, with her second hand on her hip. Luma poses with his "hands" on his "hips" while she does this (A.K.A Luma's interpretation of the "Superman pose"). It kinda looks like Rosalina is directly telling her opponent to come at her:

The third taunt is what she was doing in this old picture on Zelda's official page:

Other Attacks
NoDes said:
a quick look at her get up attack
The Luma Story
Rose alumna said:
also luma may wonder off at times you also need to keep in check where it is

rosalina by her self can be a good fighter but with luma she can be a power house

when rosalina's luma dies it returns without imput but it takes a few seconds
I've also noticed that if the Luma gets damaged, it'll fall in a helpless-like manner until it touches ground. In other words, it's basically a sitting duck if there's no ground below for it to land.

When the Luma gets KO'd, it takes approximately 8 seconds for a new Luma to spawn automatically; during the Little Mac match, it got KO'd at 1:53, but a new Luma appeared at 1:45.
ThatWasPeachy said:
Polari is one of the possible Lumas though I don't know if it affected damage.
andimidna said:
Really? That's awesome! Maybe it's rare like one of Peach's turnips.
Xavier :D said:
Any Footage of Polari? I would love to see him, looked around a whole lot, but couldn't find anything. :ohwell:
Brickbuild101 said:
Luma can be controlled on his own while Rosalina is helpless or KO'd.

Luma has 3 jumps, which are his only form of recovery. After he uses all of these jumps, he'll stop floating and fall to his doom.
Attribute Information
Rose alumna said:
she is a lightweight floaty can be juggled farely easly most of her moves are far ranged can also be a power house combo maker when fighting heavyweights

useful moves: luma shot,all throws,forward air,back air,down air

kill moves back air,up smash,forward smash, back throw

Major consept you must know rosalina cannot take pressure so keep your space
sonicbrawler182 said:
Rosalina seems to be really difficult to knock out of the top of the screen, and I believe her floatiness seems to give her momentum cancelling abilities. I can't really remember how it worked, but there were definitely moments where Rosalina was sent flying, but just sort of slowed down really quickly and saved herself. That could be ironed out in the actual game, though.

A screenshot from the Invitational, comparing Rosalina's height to Bowser's height.
andimidna said:

Sorry about bad quality, this is the best I can do.
Size comparison with Little Mac and Mega Man.

If somebody can do better I have the original image
sonicbrawler182 said:
Geez, Rosalina sounds really strong in terms of damage output potential. Like, Ganondorf strong.

Unless other fighters have been massively buffed in that respect.
SSBBDaisy said:
Rosalina & Luma have an Infinite.

Ur opponent in between Rosalina and Luma continuous jab seems like a legit Infinite. I was able to do it to 3 opponents at once. I don't know if it was on stream I thought it was but it did actually happen.

http://www.twitch.tv/gatorgaming/b/538468590 here is the stream but I don't see where it happened. I know I yelled infinite when I did it.
Kirby Hat
sonicbrawler182 said:
Not sure if this counts as Rosalina coverage so much as Kirby coverage, but this video shows off the Kirby hats of all of the newcomers in the E3 demo, and Rosalina's is included. He simply gets Rosalina's crown. Also, for the ability, he simply performs Luma Shot, but the Luma appears when he uses it, and disappears when he finishes the attack.

Not the best image, but this basically tries to show what Kirby's cap looks like when he copies Rosalina.
Aesthetic Contents

Stage Entry
Sqa$ said:

Rosalina entering the battlefield
Victory Screen
Commander Blitzkrieg said:
She's got a unique Super Mario Galaxy victory theme, just heard it on stream. Bowser got a rock remix of the regular Mario victory theme too, so maybe this is gonna be something all characters get?

One of Rosalina's victory poses.
sonicbrawler182 said:

Another shot of the victory pose. Luma certainly loves the camera.
M23-X0 said:
I heard that Rosalina has her own victory theme. Is there a video confrming that ?
sonicbrawler182 said:
Yes, it was heard in the Treehouse Stream. It's the "Power Star Get!" theme from Super Mario Galaxy. Heard at 31:52:

Voice Acting
sonicbrawler182 said:
Rosalina does in fact have a voice, heard her cry "Noooo!" when KO'd. I also think she has an echo effect to her voice. It sounds like Laura is returning as her voice actress.
andimidna said:
Laura Faye Smith was confirmed to be voicing her in the game already I think, but It's great to hear she can talk during fights :)
Palette Swaps
andimidna said:
Rosalina has a yellow/gold color swap, which seems to be pretty popular as I've been seeing it used a lot.
She also has a red color swap that I've never seen used. I hope it is based off her fire outfit from SM3DW.
Those 2 and her regular dress were the only ones included in the demo (I think)

Edit: found a video of the gold rosalina http://youtu.be/fx29v4eDTCI
Ridley_Prime said:
Normally I'd like a gold colored alt, but on her it just looks/feels a little too flashy for my taste. Still, enjoying everything that's been shown with her thus far.

An image of Rosalina's yellow palette swap.

Rosalina's green palette swap.

Not the best image, but Rosalina's pink palette swap did make a brief appearance during the Treehouse footage. Game play footage of the pink palette swap is recommended.
andimidna said:
I have screens of her pink and green color swaps off the CSS but I don't want to double post.

Here's a closer picture of what the pink swap looks like. Unfortunately, I have yet to see it picked for battle. I'll keep looking though.
sonicbrawler182 said:

Golden Rosalina palette swap.
NefariousShyGuy said:
Pink Rosie in action:

Miscellaneous
KenithTheGatherer said:
I don't know if this qualifies as good information, but I noticed during the invitational that Rosalina doesn't show her undergarment.
Instead, under her dress, it shows her legs up to the knee, and everything else on the inside is dark blue space, with a faint starry texture.

In other words, under Rosalina's dress is, quite literally, the cosmos.
Match Footage
sonicbrawler182 said:
Rosalina VS Greninja, singles match:

Some Smash-Fest footage, involving Rosalina.

M23-X0 said:

Here we have a good quality video of Rosalina. My first impression : she's really hard to play, and maybe not adapted for free for all.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Just as a head's up, this thread will be opening tomorrow, but not immediately at midnight. It'll remain closed until we get closer to the start of Nintendo's E3 conference.

When this thread does open up, please keep in mind that it is NOT to be used for discussions. Remember, any signs of discussions here will be moved or deleted without any warning.

Rose alumna

Smash Journeyman
back air sweet spot around 12 damage uncharged ← actually unsure if that was a sweet spot

forward smash luma+rosalina 19 damage luma bye its self 7

back throw 11 damage

up smash sour spot 4 damage uncharged

she is a lightweight floaty can be juggled farely easly most of her moves are far ranged can also be a power house combo maker when fighting heavyweights

also luma may wonder off at times you also need to keep in check where it is

rosalina by her self can be a good fighter but with luma she can be a power house

down tilt looks like it does 14 with luma

up smash with luma uncharged does 12

when rosalina's luma dies it returns without imput but it takes a few seconds

forward air multiple hits good combo starter at low damage

useful moves: luma shot,all throws,forward air,back air,down air

final smash not vary useful but at end big explosion that can kill

kill moves back air,up smash,forward smash, back throw

gravitational pull is your best friend she can throw items like a boss but hard getting to them gravitational pull gatcha also theres a lot of projectiles in the game thats where gravitational pull comes in again

i dont know what to do with star bits so i guess a throw away move

launch stars great recovery but be care full u might over shot also its punishable

pummel 1-2 damage

Major consept you must know rosalina cannot take pressure so keep your space

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Rosalina seems to be really difficult to knock out of the top of the screen, and I believe her floatiness seems to give her momentum cancelling abilities. I can't really remember how it worked, but there were definitely moments where Rosalina was sent flying, but just sort of slowed down really quickly and saved herself. That could be ironed out in the actual game, though.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
She's got a unique Super Mario Galaxy victory theme, just heard it on stream. Bowser got a rock remix of the regular Mario victory theme too, so maybe this is gonna be something all characters get?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Rosalina does in fact have a voice, heard her cry "Noooo!" when KO'd. I also think she has an echo effect to her voice. It sounds like Laura is returning as her voice actress.

Last edited:

Sqa$

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bazaar
Just watching Nintendo Treehouse, and we got to see an Forward Tilt in action from Rosalina. It didn't make any connections, so I couldn't see any percent that it does, but a small galaxy appears in front of her as she leans forward. I think it will have multiple hits like Zelda's neutral jab, or maybe have the same kind of sour and sweet spotting effect like Rosalina's back air.

EDIT: Additionally, after watching the Treehouse matches, Rosalina looks like her launch star recovery does not have a hitbox to deal damage. Unless it is really small, neither sonic nor Zero Suit got hit with the recovery. The only potential hitbox is Rosalina's body right after launch, but no damage was dealt from it whenever it was used.

EDIT AGAIN:

That's the bair

The F-tilt can be seen on the right, unless it's the Fsmash

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

Up aerial dealt up to 14% damage when it made contact with Zero Suit Samus. However, it only dealt up to 9% damage on Sonic.

Sonic took 38% damage some point once the Power Star exploded. Hard to say if the damage came specifically from the Final Smash alone.

The small stars from the Final Smash dealt 7% damage on Zero Suit Samus.

One of Rosalina's victory poses.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

Down throw was shown, but because Rosalina was tiny, the throw only dealt 6% damage to Little Mac. Likely does more damage if Rosalina is normal-sized.

Rosalina definitely used her forward smash to KO Little Mac. The attack dealt 14% damage.

I've also noticed that if the Luma gets damaged, it'll fall in a helpless-like manner until it touches ground. In other words, it's basically a sitting duck if there's no ground below for it to land.

Luma Shot dealt 14% damage when it was charged up. It later dealt 10% damage during a sudden death match.

When the Luma gets KO'd, it takes approximately 8 seconds for a new Luma to spawn automatically; during the Little Mac match, it got KO'd at 1:53, but a new Luma appeared at 1:45.

Update

A screenshot from the Invitational, comparing Rosalina's height to Bowser's height.

Last edited:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.

andimidna

Smash Master
Rosalina has a yellow/gold color swap, which seems to be pretty popular as I've been seeing it used a lot.
She also has a red color swap that I've never seen used. I hope it is based off her fire outfit from SM3DW.
Those 2 and her regular dress were the only ones included in the demo (I think)

Edit: found a video of the gold rosalina http://youtu.be/fx29v4eDTCI

Laura Faye Smith was confirmed to be voicing her in the game already I think, but It's great to hear she can talk during fights :)

Really? That's awesome! Maybe it's rare like one of Peach's turnips.

Last edited:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Normally I'd like a gold colored alt, but on her it just looks/feels a little too flashy for my taste. Still, enjoying everything that's been shown with her thus far.

Sqa$

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bazaar
So with two pictures posted as the F-Smash, It looks like Rosalina will have different hitboxes for when she does and does not have the luma. You can see from when she has the Luma, there's no galaxy and the Luma shoots out farther, but without it, the range of the attack is basically halved and there's a galaxy (potentially sweet spot) that appears. People will have to learn her like they learn Ice Climbers I think which is really neat.

EDIT: Watching more matches today, the galaxy DOES appear in the F-smash with Luma around, but the rest of the above post still applies.

Also the neutral air for Rosalina has yet to make a connection with another player and deal damage, but the animation consists of Rosalina flinging her wand around like crazy with a small trail. I have yet to see if it is multi hit or single hit. Here's a picture of part of the aerial.

Additionally, the Down Aerial looks as though it causes a slight momentum change when used, but nothing like Ivysaur's down air. It's a very minute momentum change.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

Rosalina's green palette swap.

Location is key when using the Power Star Final Smash, as if it's executed at the wrong place, it won't be all that helpful for building up damage. It might have edge-guarding capabilities when used right.

Update

Not the best image, but Rosalina's pink palette swap did make a brief appearance during the Treehouse footage. Game play footage of the pink palette swap is recommended.

Uncharged down smash dealt up to 8% damage to Mario. It later dealt 7% damage to Donkey Kong. However, the attack appears to deliver up to two hits, with the second hit dealing up to 10% damage when uncharged. Attack has KO potential on high damaged opponents, as it did KO Samus at one point.

The Luma's down smash attack apparently dealt 4% damage on Mario.

Dash attack deals two hits. First hit dealt 6% damage, while the second hit dealt 4% damage.

Forward aerial dealt up to 6% damage on Samus. It also seemed to deal 6% damage with one hit at one point. However, the attack seemed to deal up to 11% damage if all the hits connect.

Down tilt dealt 9% damage without the Luma.

The first attack with Rosalina's standard attack dealt 4% damage. Another hit dealt up to 3% damage, followed up by some hits that dealt either 2% or 3% damage each.

Luma Shot can actually deal up to 17% damage when fully charged.

Backward throw apparently dealt up to 12% damage on Fox.

Up smash apparently dealt up to 13% damage without the Luma on Fox.

Up aerial dealt up to 15% damage on Samus.

Sour spot down aerial dealt up to 7% damage on Fox, and had very little knockback.

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
image.jpg

Sorry about bad quality, this is the best I can do.
Size comparison with Little Mac and Mega Man.

Edit: If somebody can do better I have the original image

Edit2: I have screens of her pink and green color swaps off the CSS but I don't want to double post.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Geez, Rosalina sounds really strong in terms of damage output potential. Like, Ganondorf strong.

Unless other fighters have been massively buffed in that respect.

andimidna

Smash Master
image.jpg

Here's a closer picture of what the pink swap looks like. Unfortunately, I have yet to see it picked for battle. I'll keep looking though.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I don't know if this qualifies as good information, but I noticed during the invitational that Rosalina doesn't show her undergarment.
Instead, under her dress, it shows her legs up to the knee, and everything else on the inside is dark blue space, with a faint starry texture.

In other words, under Rosalina's dress is, quite literally, the cosmos.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Not sure if this counts as Rosalina coverage so much as Kirby coverage, but this video shows off the Kirby hats of all of the newcomers in the E3 demo, and Rosalina's is included. He simply gets Rosalina's crown. Also, for the ability, he simply performs Luma Shot, but the Luma appears when he uses it, and disappears when he finishes the attack.

At the end of this video, Rosalina & Luma's taunts are dislplayed - the first is Rosalina swishing her wand about as Luma spins upwards with her movements (the motion was previously assumed to be Rosalina's animation for summoning the Luma, since it was made to look like that in her trailer), the second is the little twirl they do near the end of their trailer, the third involves Rosalina giving an intimidating glare towards her opponent while twiddling her wand about in between her fingers and slightly thrusting her hips forward twice, with her second hand on her hip. Luma poses with his "hands" on his "hips" while she does this (A.K.A Luma's interpretation of the "Superman pose"). It kinda looks like Rosalina is directly telling her opponent to come at her:

The third taunt is what she was doing in this old picture on Zelda's official page:

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
As a heads up for everyone, we are heading down to the wire with this year's E3, and there are still some things with Rosalina that have not been fully covered. If you're planning on attending tomorrow's Smash-Fest, you may want to keep an eye out for the following...

Forward Tilt: An image of this move would be highly appreciated, along with its damage output.

Up Tilt: No one has brought up this attack, nor its damage output yet.

Neutral Aerial: How much damage does this attack deal? Does the attack deal one hit or multiple hits?

Down Aerial: Only the sour spot has been covered. Information about sweet spot damage is needed.

Star Bits: How much damage does each star bit deal?

Gravitational Pull: A list of items and projectiles that Gravitational Pull can affect would be nice.

Grab: An image of this move would be appreciated. Even an animated .gif image would be good.

Dash Grab: An image of this move would be appreciated. Even an animated .gif image would be good.

Forward Throw: Damage output for this move needed.

Up Throw: An image of this move is needed. Damage output needed too.

Down Throw: How much damage does this throw deal if Rosalina is normal sized?

Other Attacks: Coverage of Rosalina's edge attack and floor attacks are needed.

Kirby Hat: A better image of Kirby's Rosalina cap would be good.

Palette Swaps: In-game footage of Rosalina's pink palette swap is still needed. A mere portrait really isn't enough.

Unless you can find YouTube footage of all of the things mentioned above, it will be important to hunt them down tomorrow.

Card

Smash Lord
Aerial Attacks

Neutral Aerial
Sqa$ said:
This information is incorrect and is NOT Rosalina's Neutral Air. That's her Down-B being used in the air.

I played her exclusively at the Bestbuy Smashfest on Wednesday and got down pretty much all of her moves, though I didn't pay much attention to percentages, so I can't really help you with alot of the questions you asked.

Rosalina's Neutral-Air is actually a front somersault, with a galaxy-like hitbox following her heels for the whole flip. With what little time I had, I found it quite difficult to use, but I can see the applications with a little more practice. Since its a front-flip with the hitbox starting up behind Rosalina, performing it in reverse acts as a very quick short-hopped aerial. Fairly certain its 1-hit also, not multi-hitting.

<--- Think of Charizard's Neutral-Air somersault in Brawl, and its very reminiscent to that, although it's rotation speed is much slower, but has a much wider radius of coverage to make up for it.

I could write up some impressions if you'd like, but you've already done a great job catching most information with the OP already.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Notice

Smash-Fest is over, and E3 is coming to a close. Pretty soon, this thread will be closing down as well.

Before 6/20 comes to an end, this thread will be closed from further posting, so if you have anything to contribute for this thread, please do so before the closing date.

This thread will remain stickied, even after it's closed, so that way, users will be able to reference it if they have to.

NoDes

Smash Cadet
In her gold pallet swap
down throw
up throw follow by down throw then dash attack.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Down throw deals up to 9% damage.

Up throw deals up to 7% damage.

Dash attack's first hit apparently dealt 7% damage to Fox.

NoDes

Smash Cadet
any other pictures of attacks we need? i can probably go find them and gif them.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
any other pictures of attacks we need? i can probably go find them and gif them.
http://smashboards.com/threads/357266/#post-16896607

Some of the stuff on that post has already been covered, so just check and see what sections on the primary post are empty.

Edit: Good quality video footage, courtesy of M23-X0.

Here we have a good quality video of Rosalina. My first impression : she's really hard to play, and maybe not adapted for free for all.

Last edited:

Sqa$

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bazaar
I would like to comment that my comment relating to the F-Tilt may or may not be inaccurate to some degree. Since I haven't played the game, I am taking what I see on the screen for what it could possibly be. If somebody could find information about Rosalina's tilts, that would be awesome.

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
Rosalina & Luma have an Infinite.

Ur opponent in between Rosalina and Luma continuous jab seems like a legit Infinite. I was able to do it to 3 opponents at once. I don't know if it was on stream I thought it was but it did actually happen.

http://www.twitch.tv/gatorgaming/b/538468590 here is the stream but I don't see where it happened. I know I yelled infinite when I did it.

NoDes

Smash Cadet
her forawrd tilt dose 10 damage here
down tilt doing 6 damage
up smash doing 13 damage. Luma missed

up air doing 14 damage with Luma here
down air in edge game
Pummel dealt 2% each followed by a down throw 9%
a quick look at her get up attack

that's it for now

M23-X0

Smash Journeyman
I heard that Rosalina has her own victory theme. Is there a video confrming that ?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Yes, it was heard in the Treehouse Stream. It's the "Power Star Get!" theme from Super Mario Galaxy. Heard at 31:52:

Last edited:

Xavier :D

Smash Ace
NNID
legend_of_xav
Any Footage of Polari? I would love to see him, looked around a whole lot, but couldn't find anything. :ohwell:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom