• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Medli+Makar Sages of WindWaker Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

lightdasher

Smash Lord
~Medli+Makar~
Two of my favourite characters, why can't they be playable? On their own or as a single slot

So, what makes them so special? Why them over T.Zelda?
It would clear off a potential clone, and be something unexpected and unique, what with Wind Waker HD they could easily represent both the game, and (Toon) Links companions who help him throughout the game.

They each have their own important role within the game, and both share something only 1 other Zelda character has achieved (Being playable besides Link)
Although of course this doesn't really mean they deserve being playable over TZelda in itself, but they pretty high up there if you ask me.

~Palettes~
Can you recognize who the 3 on the bottom reference?

Movesets
At the moment I've only created one for Medli on her own, but I assure you I have more in store in my head

Medli

B Moves

Flips her opponent around similar to Marios cape, 2%

Has a shine similar to Foxs, but only effects the front, can be angled to reflect projectiles

If the opponent is caught, she is launched towards them slamming into her opponent doing around 16% altogether (6% for latching on and 10% for slamming into. Doesn't act as a tether in the air. Her grab does though.

Medli isn't a very strong flier, shown in Windwaker, fly too long and you'll fall down helplessly

A Moves
(WIP)

2% , 6%, 10%
18% altogether

5%

6%

5%
Dash (Wip)

Smashes
(No progress yet)
Told you, nothing

Grabs
(No progress yet)
Told you, nothing

Final Smash
(No progress yet)
Told you, nothing

Taunts, this will be used to switch between Makar and Medli
(No progress yet)
Told you, nothing

Makar

(wip)

Feel free to post your thoughts and/or movesets here, I may even work them into my ones. (ooOOooh Animaty goodness)

Other peoples movesets

As unlikely as it is, I actually think this would be really cool.

Just some special move ideas...
MEDLI:
Neutral: Harp (plays the Earth God's Lyric, causing an earth-shaking tremor around her that stuns opponents)
Side: Grappling Hook (tosses out a grappling hook that can grab opponents or ledges)
Up: Ruto Wings (flies upwards in a similar fashion to Pit)
Down: Mirror Shield (takes out a projectile-reflecting shield)
Final: Valoo (Medli summons Valoo, who flies around the stage breathing fire and slashes at players)

MAKAR:
Neutral: Violin (plays the Wind God's Aria, causing a gust of wind to toss opponents away)
Side: Deku Leaf (flaps a Deku tree leaf, creating effects similar to Mario's cape)
Up: Leaf Propeller (flies upwards in a similar fashion to Snake)
Down: Seed Plant (plants a seed that instantly grows into a tree, that serves as a barrier)
Final: Great Deku Tree (Makar summons the great Deku Tree, who attacks players with branches and roots)

Last edited:

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
Nice animations. I guess Medli and Makar could be good playable characters, but I don't think it will ever happen.

...You wouldn't happen to frequent 4chan, would you?

Last edited:

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Did you make those gifs? Adorable.

The character herself...
I mean, well, hmm. Everyone's got their dark horse characters they support, I suppose. :p

lightdasher

Smash Lord
...You wouldn't happen to frequent 4chan, would you?
No, I just pop in the Smash thread every so often, If there's an anon posting Medli, there's an 80% chance it's me though.

Did you make those gifs? Adorable.

The character herself...
I mean, well, hmm. Everyone's got their dark horse characters they support, I suppose. :p
Yes I made them, thank you, I guess.

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Medli is actually my favourite Zelda character oddly enough. I was considering making a thread for her, but didn't think it'd garner any interest. Sign me up for a crazy support.

PixelPasta

Smash Lord

MEDLI:
Neutral: Harp (plays the Earth God's Lyric, causing an earth-shaking tremor around her that stuns opponents)
Side: Grappling Hook (tosses out a grappling hook that can grab opponents or ledges)
Final: Valoo (Medli summons Valoo, who flies around the stage breathing fire and slashes at players)

MAKAR:
Neutral: Violin (plays the Wind God's Aria, causing a gust of wind to toss opponents away)
Side: Deku Leaf (flaps a Deku tree leaf, creating effects similar to Mario's cape)
Down: Seed Plant (plants a seed that instantly grows into a tree, that serves as a barrier)
Final: Great Deku Tree (Makar summons the great Deku Tree, who attacks players with branches and roots)

lightdasher

Smash Lord

MEDLI:

MAKAR:
Your Makar moveset is similar to the one I had in mind for my Medli+Makar, except Deku leaf would act a bit like Marios fludd, but with it knocks back Makar a bit too, Neutral B isn't the same though.

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
Your Makar moveset is similar to the one I had in mind for my Medli+Makar, except Deku leaf would act a bit like Marios fludd, but with it knocks back Makar a bit too, Neutral B isn't the same though.
Cool! I'm interested in seeing your moveset idea, especially with your nice animations!

Davidreamcatcha

Smash Ace
I actually think their hype was strong pre-Brawl, though maybe I'm just misremembering.

They'd be a very strong contender for a second "Toon" rep if Tetra didn't exist, but it'd be really fun if they got in.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I actually considered this idea a while ago, and I was thinking of making a thread.

I really like your animations, and you have an incredible looking and professional thread, despite you being pretty new here on the Boards.

So let me just say, welcome to SmashBoards, and I support this awesome idea!

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
These two were my favourite Wind Waker characters. I'd take these two (a tag team could be really cool) over Toon Zelda/Tetra any day of the week.

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
YES YES YES YES

Medli and especially Makar are my favorite Zelda characters! I just love their designs and personalities. I totally support this! :bee:

(Also, do you have a Roster Maker icon?)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom