• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

All Shy Guys in Formation! General Guy for Sm4sh! (NOW WITH SIG ICON & MOVESET)

Due to Shy Guy's deconfirmation, do you want General Guy in SSB4? If so, in what form?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PigmaskColonel

Smash Journeyman
GENERAL GUY

FIRST APPEARANCE: PAPER MARIO, 2000

General Guy is the highest ranking and true leader of the Shy Guys. He appears for the first time in Paper Mario as the head of the robbings in Toad Town and boss of Shy Guy's Toy Box which is believed to be the Shy Guys' base of operations. General Guy strangely does not appear in any Mario or Yoshi games for a long time until appearing in Super Smash Bros. Brawl as a sticker that increases launch power by 31 points.

MOVESET

General Guy is a fighter who plays using pawns while avoiding most actual contact with other
fighters. He is a small character who possesses average speed with great specials, range and knockback, but has poor air-game.

Normal Attack: Small Chop

General Guy chops at the air twice briefly. Does 2% damage with very, very little knockback but fair range.
Side Tilt: Body Slam
General Guy swings his body forward at the opponent, then to jump back extremely quickly doing 3% damage with great knockback and range, but suffers from a little lag at the beginning. A good move for setting up the opponent for Bomb's Away! or Bullet Bill Blaster Barrage.
Up Tilt: Hand Stand
The General does a hand stand and extends his legs. Does 2% damage with great knockback and decent range, but posseses major alg at the beginning of the attack
Down Tilt: Sweeper
General Guy sweeps the opponent's feet with his right leg. Does 3% damage with below average knockback and poor range.

Dash Attack: Kamikazi
One of General Guy's bombs suddenly appear in his hands as he dashs forward into the enemy as the bomb explodes. Does 8% damage with fantastic knockback and range, but suffers from an incredibly large amount of lag afterwards as General Guy shakes the sut off of himself and gets up.

Aerial Attack: Flip
The General does a mid-air flip while flailing his arms around. Does 4% damage with poor knockback and range with a little lag at the beginning.

Neutral Special: Bomb's Away!
General Guy takes out a large bomb and throws it straight forward a long distance. The bomb explodes immediately when it touches anything/anybody. Does 11% damage with fantastic knockback and great range, but has a good amount of lag at the end of the attack leaving the player vulnerable.

Side Special: Shy Guy Minion
General Guy commands a Shy Guy (That falls from the sky onto the stage) that will run in whatever direction the special was performed, even to the point of falling off of the stage. Anyone who touches the Shy Guy will be tackled by it, doing 7% damage with average knockback and range, but a little lag at the beginning of the attack. Also, there can only be three Shy Guys on stage at a time.
NOTE: The Shy Guy will jump off the stage after tackling somone.

Up Special: General Fly Guy
General Guy uses a propeller that appears on his head to fly upward quickly. If touched, the propeller does rapid 1% damage with no knockback to speak of at all and has very short range.

Down Special: Bullet Bill Blaster Barrage
General Guy takes off his cap to reveal a Bullet Bill Blaster and shoots two homing Bullet Bills to either side of him. Each Bullet Bill travels a little slowly but picks up in speed the closer it gets to opponents and pays off doing 9% damage along with very great knockback.

Side Smash: General Coward

General Guy shoves a Shy Guy (that appears out of nowhere seemingly) into the opponent as a shield of sorts. Does 9% damage with great knockback and range, but suffers from major lag at the beginning and end of the attack.
Up Smash: Bombs Away...Again!
General Guy tosses a bomb very high into the air (a great move for star KOing), but if it doesn't hit anyone and explode, the bomb will fall back down onto the General and blow up (this also leaves him extremely vulnerable as he is forced to stay in one spot the entire time). Does 14% damage with fantastic knockback and range (does the same thing to General Guy if he is hit).

Down Smash: Hat Top of Doom
The General takes off his hat quickly and spins it like a top around his body. Does 10% damage with above average knockback and great range, but suffers from a little lag.

Aerial Side Smash: General Drill
General Guy's cap changes into a drill-like shape as General Guy spins his body vertically rapidly. Does 2% damage but hits five times, also has poor knockback and decent range with some lag at the beginning.

Aerial Side Smash (Behind): Leg Kick
General Guy extends his legs out behind him in the air vertically. Does 9% damage, but doesn't have very much knockback and poor range.

Aerial Up Smash: More Bombs...
The General takes a bomb and smacks it into the opponent above him while it's exploding. If no opponent is there to hit when this move is performed, the General will be harmed instead. Does 10% damage with great knockback and range, but suffers from lag.

Aerial Down Smash (Meteor Smash): Kamikazi!
General Guy straps a bomb to his back and plummets to the ground. Does 11% damage on impact with great knockback and decent range.

Up Taunt
The General faces the screen and salutes, along with a Shy Guy sound.

Side Taunt
General Guy holds a lit bomb and poses heroically, then for the bomb to explode in his face.

Down Taunt
The General takes his cap off and dusts it before putting it back on.

FINAL SMASH: THE TOY TANK
General Guy whistles as three Shy Guys jump onto the stage with the Toy Tank being carried by four Fly Guys. General Guy then climbs into the Toy Tank (with his head poking out) with the three Shy Guys hanging onto the sides. The Toy Tank can now be controlled by the player (and moves suprisingly fast for a tank). Any opponent who touches the tank will recieve 12% damage and great knockback. The Tank can't jump, but pressing the A button will make the light bulb on the tank zap the player with the highest percentage automatically. The zap does 25% damage with incredible knockback (practically an instant KO). Pressing the B button will make the three Shy Guys tackle the player with the lowest percentage. The Shy Guys will beat on the opponent for 3 seconds. Each hit from the Shy Guys does 4% damage (with no knockback, though). The Final Smash lasts 11 seconds. The Toy Tank will malfunction (much to the General's frustration) as the Shy Guys latch onto the Toy Tank and the Fly Guys carry it off the stage.

DISCLAIMER

While being a fan-favorite Paper Mario character, General Guy has many more likely characters taking the spots one by one. The likelihood of him making the roster without Paper Mario is very slim, and if Paper Mario isn't in his own universe, General Guy has little to no chance to getting in the game.

SUPPORT LIST
PigmaskColonel, SuperBrawler, Mega Dunsparce, General-Guy, Dark Emperor Hardin...

SIGNATURE ICON

Don't forget to pick up a sig icon!
Credit to FalKoopa for sig icon

Last edited:

Wonks

Smash Journeyman
I'm not too familiar with him, but a trophy seems about right.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
So you made a thread for him to be a boss, then you made a thread for him to be a playable character? :confused:

PigmaskColonel

Smash Journeyman
So you made a thread for him to be a boss, then you made a thread for him to be a playable character? :confused:
Well, the other one got locked because it was apparently supposed to be in the General Discussion. And then I decided that he would make a great fighter, so...

Also, I guess I'll make a support list since SuperBrawler wants to support.

General-Guy

Smash Cadet
Why haven't I seen this yet!?!? Add me to the support list please, for obvious reasons

Jerry Applesauce

Smash Ace
Haha, I don't really support this, but then again, I would be interested in seeing how he fights. Might I suggest throwing in a Bullet Bill attack (maybe a side smash) that involves him pulling out a Bill Blaster out of hammerspace, placing it on his head, and then blasting it (or have him take off his cap to reveal the Blaster)?

Last edited:

General-Guy

Smash Cadet
Shouldn't his final smash be where he gets into his tank? That's what I would expect.

PigmaskColonel

Smash Journeyman
Haha, I don't really support this, but then again, I would be interested in seeing how he fights. Might I suggest throwing in a Bullet Bill attack (maybe a side smash) that involves him pulling out a Bill Blaster out of hammerspace, placing it on his head, and then blasting it (or have him take off his cap to reveal the Blaster)?
That's a great idea! I think I'll add that to the moveset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom