• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scourge of the Galaxy, Metroid

Status
Not open for further replies.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Metroid

The youngest (besides the defenseless infant) stage in the Metroid's life cycle is also the most iconic.

Yeah yeah, we all know.

THE LAST METROID IS IN CAPTIVITY.

THE GALAXY IS AT PEACE.
We all know at this point that this is total bunk. If the galaxy would've been at peace, we wouldn't have the biggest character thread on the board. Metroid's an old series, plenty popular, and it sells well. However, there's a key part of the series that people often overlook; and that's the Metroids themselves. Without Metroids, we wouldn't have, well...Metroids. Metroids have appeared in every single Metroid game, even more than that purple, scaly layabout, and aren't "too big" or "pretty impossible". I jest, I jest.

Metroids have a very intricate life cycle, which, while normally only taking place on their homeworld of SR-388, we'll allow just any old place in the Smash World. They proceed from this Larval state, the one we all know so well, into-

The Alpha Metroid
This creature isn't much different than your average larval Metroid, except that it rams its opponents rather than sucking on their heads and no longer relies on drained life energy to survive. After another molting, they become-

The Gamma Metroid
This feisty little fellow attacks, again, by ramming his opponents, but can also fire lightning from his lower membrane. He generates static electricity fields to deflect projectiles, has talons, horns, and all sorts of painful things all over him. This Metroid eventually morph into-

The Zeta Metroid
Aw! Isn't he cute?! This bundle of joy relies on his newly-formed arms and a horribly painful acid to fight his foes. He's like a little Pokemon, isn't he? And just like any Pokemon, he stops being so cute when he evolves into-

The Omega Metroid
This guy gives no ****s and will kill you. No question about it. He managed to nearly kill the SA-X, basically Samus on ultra-steroids with a single swipe so powerful that it actually scared the foul creature enough to rejoin its DNA with Samus to kill the thing, thus killing it and giving Samus all of her old powers back.

For Smash
The Metroid is a unique character. It hatches from an egg at the very beginning of the match as an infant, quickly growing into a Larva for its entrance. The player takes control of the Juvenile Metroid, floating them around the stage and latching onto characters to suck the health out of them. The Metroid is very light, and can be knocked away, even to the point of a KO, but cannot be damaged in its infant form (not even ice works on this bad boy). After sucking away around 20%, the Metroid will quickly molt into an Alpha Metroid and the real game begins.

Losing its free flight, the Alpha Metroid floats at about waist level and is around half the size of Yoshi's Egg. Unlike the Larval Metroid, the Alpha Metroid takes normal damage. Being heavier and more grounded, the Alpha Metroid cannot fly, but has a number of jumps. The Alpha Metroid has few moves, with only his horns to attack people, and mostly relies on ramming them for damage. Luckily, you simply have to damage your opponent around 30% to molt into the Gamma Metroid, where the REAL real game begins.

The Gamma Metroid is around the size of Ivysaur, crawls on its spider-like feet, and has a full moveset. It is light, around the same weight as Kirby, and moderately fast, around Meta Knight speed. Its jumps are spider-like and quick, and gain quite a bit of height.

Gamma Metroid Specials
Standard: Electromagnet Shield

Using its strange internal organs, the Gamma Metroid generates an bioelectric shield that will reflect projectiles and zap anyone who steps into it. It cannot move as it uses this, but can use it in midair and steer into other fighters.

Up: Metroid Float
With a screech, the bioweapon uses a magnetic field to engage antigravity for a moment, enabling free flight. No damage.

Side: Metroid Leap
The Gamma Metroid rears back on its spindly legs and leaps at an opponent, latching onto them and sucking the life out them. The Gamma Metroid will recover 2% for every 5% it deals with this attack, with the attack doing about 4-6% to an opponent who is completely undamaged. For all intents and purposes, this functions as the Metroid's normal grab and the Metroid can throw the opponent normally.

Down: Expedite Evolution
When you get a free moment, the Gamma Metroid can focus to expedite its evolution into a Zeta Metroid. The Alpha Metroid can also use this move using the same input. This move leaves the Metroid very open to attack, and is reminiscent of Ivysaur's Synthesis in Project M. When the Gamma Metroid starts to flash a dim green, it is ready to molt and using this technique will cause it to do so into the Zeta Metroid.

After about 100% of damage on its opponents, the Gamma Metroid will briefly molt into the Zeta Metroid, a much larger, more fearsome creature. Losing its ability to float completely, the Zeta Metroid fights like the monster it is, using its claws, teeth, and acid to devastating effect. This is the Metroid's primary and most balanced form. The Zeta is heavier and slower than the Gamma, but is around the weight of Wolf and the speed of Ivysaur. Its jumps leave much to be desired.

Zeta Metroid Specials
Standard: Acid Spray
Welling up acid in its gut, the Zeta Metroid spews forth a disgusting spray of burning fluid. The acid will stick to an opponent, making them take continued damage. The trajectory can be controlled like Squirtle's Water Gun.

Up: Tentacle Tongue
Whipping its acid-soaked tongue straight up out of its mouth, the Zeta Metroid can grab ledges and foes with it. Foes won't literally be grabbed, but they'll be coated with acid and pop straight up. This attack also propels the Zeta Metroid upward ever so slightly.

Side: Metroid Lunge
Similar to Gamma's Leap, the Zeta Metroid will propel its bulky form forward, smashing into anyone in its way. Unable to leech life from its opponent, this attack is better for discouraging approaches by threatening them with a simultaneous approach-punishment. You can press the attack button during this Lunge to have the Zeta Metroid extend its claws, doing less damage but reducing ending lag, allowing for a quick getaway if you decided to leap into someone like Ganon.

Down: Molt
When the Zeta Metroid has dealt enough damage, it will start to glow a dim green color. Using the Down Special at this time will molt it into the Omega Metroid.

The Zeta Metroid may be the primary Metroid form, but it isn't the last. If you manage to rack up 200% on the opponents without losing a life, the Zeta Metroid will molt one more time into the horribly powerful Omega Metroid. The Omega Metroid is slightly taller than Bowser, but skinnier, and is slow and hulking. It is extremely heavy, just heavier than Bowser. Its attacks do massive damage and knockback, but are all very slow, and Omega has next-to-no recovery, with its Up-special being just another attack.

Omega Metroid Specials
Standard: Friction Flame
The Omega Metroid shoots a short-ranged, pillar-like stream of electricity and fire out of its lamprey-like maw; this attack is capable of racking up damage but has zero KO potential. Holding the attack causes the flame to eventually fizzle out, just as with other flame breath users.

Up: Titan Stomp
The Omega leaps up from its standing position, then falls back down in the same place, causing shockwaves and spiking anyone below him directly into the ground. Spiked foes will then be thrown outward. Using this move in the air simply causes the Omega Metroid to drop from where he is after propelling himself up a meager distance. Almost no recovery potential.

Side: Tail Snap
Omega lashes his tail forward like a whip, delivering an awkard, but sweetspottable blow. This attack, when used in the air, travels diagonally down and forward. The sweet spot does quite a bit of damage and knockback, but the rest of the attack is negligible.

Down: Draining Field
The Omega Metroid emits the same electromagnetic pulse it did in earlier forms, but in a wider area. This new field also drains health from opponents, at about 2% for every 10% done (making it very effective in crowds, and less so on single players). The damage pushes characters out, assuring that you can't simply deal tons of points of damage while restoring your own, and, if held up for too long (indicated by the color of the field), the Omega Metroid will get tired and become dizzy for a short time.

Seeing that the Omega Metroid is a rather dangerous and risky transformation, one should judge carefully when to molt their Zeta Metroid; at the end of the match, when victory is all-but-assured would be the best route. The Omega Metroid, as I said before, has nearly no recovery; dying is your only option if knocked any distance off the stage.

Final Smash: Metroid Queen
By the way, your Metroid happens to contain the specific genetic code to become a Queen. If you're any of the latter three forms (Gamma, Zeta, or Omega), your Metroid will quickly molt through the next forms and into a Queen (straight to the Queen if you're in Omega form, and you'll simply go straight to Omega if you smash it as the Alpha Metroid). The Queen Metroid does not move from its original position (so don't break that **** over a ledge), but tons of Larval Metroids will swarm the screen from the egg sacs on its back, draining tons of health from everyone on screen, leaving them ripe for the smashing.

Gameplay
When the Metroid dies, it will come back as the stage it was in upon death, barring the Omega Metroid, who will return to Zeta form. At the character select screen, a player can elect to forgo the Metroid's evolution system and hold L to play solely as the Gamma Metroid, or R to play solely as the Zeta Metroid. This disables their Molt ability and makes it useless, but ensures that your game will be more consistent.

The Metroid evolves based on the damage it does, so a young Metroid's primary goal would be to hurt as many people as it can as much as possible. The larval Metroid is very light, and, while incapable of taking percentage damage, can be spiked into pits and, near blast zones, knocked back into them.

This is less about my want for a character and more about me coming up with a unique and fun moveset. I don't expect supporters, or really have any reasons why this character should be in the game, because I myself don't believe too much that the Metroid should be in Smash Bros. We all know who the new Metroid rep should be, but this is at least a different look at a Metroid rep that not only brings something unique to the table, but represents how big of a role nature takes in the Metroid series (even if the Metroids themselves are bio-engineered).

So, let me know what you think. I'll be interested to hear what you guys think of this.

Supportroids
Pacack
Swamp Castle
Super Brawler
Brawler 610
Sobreviviente
Mega Dunsparse

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
A very interesting idea, but it seems like a lot of work, and I don't think we'd get it and Ridley.

Regardless, I support.

D

Deleted member

Will Metroid crawl?

:troll::laugh:

Anyways, I guess I'll support this.

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
*mind blown*
Losing a jump in each form, right?

My idea is make the little metroid to grow instead of evolving, but i think i like yours more :p maybe with the same specials in each form, anyways, i support.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
My idea is make the little metroid to grow instead of evolving, but i think i like yours more :p maybe with the same specials in each form, anyways, i support.
This was actually my original idea, simply calling the character "Super Metroid", since that's the target form, but I found that the Infant Metroid (THE infant Metroid) while a more important character, couldn't really have any moves besides "head suck" without evolving, something that the Infant cannot do.

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
This was actually my original idea, simply calling the character "Super Metroid", since that's the target form, but I found that the Infant Metroid (THE infant Metroid) while a more important character, couldn't really have any moves besides "head suck" without evolving, something that the Infant cannot do.
He could spin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom