• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Welcome to the Animal Crossing Character Discussion Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I got Animal Crossing New Leaf for Christmas this year, and have City Folk as well. New Leaf got me interested in Animal Crossing once again, and its likable and unique characters. This plus some thinking led me to wonder: Can Animal Crossing get a second character? I don't see why not, considering that it is bigger than Mother, which has 2 reps, and Kid Icarus, which is likely to receive 2 reps, not to mention its immense success and overall popularity. So I created this thread to discuss possible candidates for a 2nd character if Animal Crossing receives one. I feel that the obvious choice is Tom Nook, although Isabelle, Mr. Resetti, and K.K. Slider could be fun additions that are also important to the Animal Crossing franchise.
So let's discuss. The OP will be updated with characters once we have decided on who are the best options.

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
Tom Nook: Most important to the series, but may be a little bit of a Villager clone.
Mr. Resetti: Would be unique and can go underground, with a Muddy Mole-like gimmick. He would also use his pickaxe to attack.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I feel like we could get a second AC rep, since Villager was planned in Brawl, Sakurai may try to repay the favor with 2 AC characters.
Tom Nook is the best popular candidate, and Mr. Resetti should be easily considered for Smash 5.
Though I would not mind if Resetti was the second character in the game.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I feel like Tom Nook could have an interesting mechanic revolving around furniture.
He throws out a leaf and it turns into one of three items: a couch, lamp, and something else.
Tom can take out a certain number of these items at once. When placed down, they are immovable unless Tom Nook himself wants to move them, then he can push and pull to his heart's content.
Perfect for edge guarding btw.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
The perfect characteristic for Tom Nook is for him to have Tanooki Mario powers, he can flutter with his tail with Up-B and can turn into a stature with Down-B.
See, I would like Tom Nook to have a few tanooki moves, but that wouldn't be true to his character.
He has to use things that he sells to actually be Tom Nook.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Alright, so I suppose the possible characters are somewhat limited...
But what about characters like Isabelle, KK Slider, Redd, The Able Sisters, etc?
They are very important but have small chances (Isabelle has an arguable shot).
It's great to talk about who is likely, but throwing around some interesting ideas and convincing people that said characters would be fun and interesting is where the fun of this thread really is.
So I think we should keep talking about Tom and Resetti, but don't forget other less likely characters that could be good conversation starters.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
The Villager was considered but it was never planned for Brawl. Considered and rejected.

As for AC characters, the only justifiable characters I see are Tom Nook, Mr. Restti, K.K. Slider, Tortimer, Gulliver, and Isabelle.

I would love to see Wendall though! I can see Tom Nookas the 2nd rep. He was my choice until the Villager reveal.

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
Now with almost everyone of AC out of the way (disconfirmed) the only possible candidate is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom