• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Azure Knight for Smash Bros! Nightmare Support Thread.

Welshy91

Smash Ace

Am I really going to have to be the guy that makes this thread? I've been browsing these forums for a few months and I'm shocked at the absence of Nightmare. I know he's a third party character, I know he's not Pac-Man, and I know he's not that Lloyd guy from some game I've never played. HOWEVER, I do know that Nightmare is a Namco character, and there's a lot of speculation regarding a representative of their company being playable. Nightmare has also battled against Link in Soul Calibur 2, so clearly Nintendo doesn't have an issue with doing a crossover with the series. So you're probably asking yourself "Why Nightmare?" and my answer is "Because he's pretty ****ing cool."

PROS:
Not an animated pie chart that eats dots
A VILLAIN
Adequate moveset potential
Not too big

CONS:
Another big sword guy
Third party
Possibly a little too dark

PLAYSTYLE:
He should fight like he does in his source material. Big, heavy, ridiculously powerful, yet surprisingly agile brawler. I'm not gonna make individual stats because it's tedious and I don't care, and I doubt you do either. He'd be as heavy as Ganondorf, but his run speed would be about the same as Charizard. His jumps would be slightly better than Ganondorf's and his fall speed would be a little less than Dedede. His attacks would be quick and brutal, but leave him exposed if he misses.

MOVESET: (Gonna draw a lot of inspiration from his games so this video will be a reference, a timer next to an attack shows what the move is based on, and if there's not a timer then I just made up the attack.)

[COLLAPSE=Moveset]
STANDARDS

AAA Combo (1:15) Slashes twice horizontally followed by a strong overhead smash. Hits about as hard as Ike's AAA

F-tilt (0:11): Jabs forward with his doom fist for set, low knockback. Press it again for a second, more powerful punch.

U-tilt: Arcs his magnificent unicorn horn in a 90 degree angle directly in front him to directly above him. Low, set knockback

D-tilt (1:38): Does a low sleep with the big bad blade of scariness. Spikes enemies downward into the floor.

F-smash (0:41, not the entire combo, but the last strike at the end): Stabs forward and rotates the blade. If the tip of the attack connects, it hits and stuns and the blade spins again to do obscene damage and purely horizontal knockback. The attack can be tilted upward or downward, causing a pseudo spike like Ganondorf's f-tilt on steroids.

U-smash: Raises his evil doom hand and creates a sphere of fiery dark evil stuff in his palm, then clenches his hand causing an explosion. Explosion radius is 3/4 the size of a bob-omb explosion and has half the knockback.

D-smash (1:02): Slams the doom fist of death into the puny thing we call "earth". Knocks opponents straight up.

Dash attack (3:43): Does an elegant (but brutal) twirl, rendering enemies in twain (not really). This is less of a dash attack and more of a second f-smash.

SPECIALS

N-special: Raises his evil sword of pure hatred to the heavens that have forsaken him. Black fiery bad guy energy lightning zaps into the blade and causes damage like a mixture of bullet seed and thunder. At the end of the channel, Soul Edge explodes with said bad guy energy stuff of evilness, causing slight damage and knochback, and Nightmare's next attack is UNBLOCKABLE (SUCK IT).

U-special : Think a mixture of Volcano Slash and Aether, but better than either because it's fueled by evil. Nightmare erupts diagonally in unholy flames of sinisterness, then violently crashes down and spiking enemies caught beneath the blade.

D-special (3:14): Nightmare strikes a pose as if to say "I'm a badass". Infuriated, you lash out with all your hate and fear. Congratulations, you fell for it. As soon as you make contact, he explodes into fiery flaminess, taking no damage while you get sent flying like an idiot. Ya know what? Screw that, he blows up regardless of if you make contact, but it does more damage if it's a counter. Oh, and it'll reflect projectiles because he's just that scary.

F-special (4:45) Does a quick dash forward. Seems lackluster right? You're probably thinking "where's all the doom and evil I've come to expect?" If you press A, B, or Grab while dashing, he does an attack.

A (3:48): Fastest "omgwtfdathurt" attack. Launches enemies skyward, to send them to their maker in a faster manner

B (3:14) Does a dash variant of the shield, but has reduced damage and counter window.

Grab (2:34) I cannot do this attack justice with words, watch the video.... tremble in fear.

AERIALS

N-air(5:10) I'm not gonna bother trying to explain it, just watch the video. Wouldn't that look fantabulous in the air?

F-air (4:16) Forward flip that spikes in the middle of the blade.

U-air: Remember the U-tilt? Think that but Nightmare does a full backflip that strikes in a 180 degree angle. Don't mess with unicorn horns.

B-air: Twirls backwards and instantly swipes with the doom claw of terribleness.

D-air: Think Ike's U-smash, but in the air... and downward. Of course it spikes, because spiking is evil... and cool.

GRABS

Pummel: Squeezes the victim the malicious claw..... OF DOOM.

F-grab (2:00): Blows up the black hate energy in their helpless face. Moderate knockback and damage.

U-grab: Gently places the enemy down... then hellaciously uppercuts the target.

B-grab (1:46): Here's the gist. He places them on his sword and slings them over his head, into the ground behind him. Knocks enemies skyward.

D-grab: (2:54): STOMP

FINAL SMASH

Night Terror

Just look at that guy. That's the most evil thing ever. He's more evil than Darth Vader, The Joker, and **** Cheney combined. He probably killed your first pet then laughed about it in hell with Hitler. As for what the Final Smash would do, you'd fly around the map like a sick fusion of Super Sonic and Dragon Yoshi. He also has to yell "THE NIGHTMARE IS NEVER OVER" when activates it.... also every Pac-Man arcade within a 50 mile radius would explode.[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE=Thekewlusername's take on Nightmare]
Nightmare A.K.A the Azure Knight from Soul Calibur
Stats
Weight: 8/10 Nightmare is as heavy as Ganondorf.
Size: 6/10: He’s a bit taller than Link, but shorter than Falcon.
Ground Speed: 5/10: Despite his bulky armor, Nightmare has an average running speed.
Air Speed: 4/10 Nightmare’s Air Speed is on par with Brawl Link’s. Which is to say not very good at all.
Fall Speed: 7/10: Nightmare falls rather quickly.
Jump Height: 5/10: He has an average jump height
Traction: 4/10
Grab Range: 6/10: Nightmare uses his demonic claw to grab his opponents. Since its larger than his normal arm, it has a larger hitbox.

Note: To help give an even better idea of what these moves look like I’ll post two videos that I found that show two different versions of his original command list. Most of the moves with names are taken directly from the names of Soul Calibur 2 and 3. Some moves are found in both videos, but I’ll mostly put time stamps for the first video(the Soul Calibur 2 command list).

Most of this stuff is in collapse tabs so that no one has to look at a wall of text right away. I tried to be as detailed as the "Make Your Move" threads tend to be. I might do some cleaning up of this post later.

Videos
Here's his first Command List that I chose. It's from Soul Calibur 2.

The second one comes from Soul Calibur 3. The dude/girl who uploaded the videos in the first place is called "zedk8"

And this last one is a combo video just for fun.

Normal Attacks

AAA = Slash Cross: (Seen at 0:30, first video)

Slash Cross one of Nightmare’s basic attacks throughout the series. He does two horizontal swipes with Soul Edge, then he follows with a downwards slam with Soul Edge. The first two hits each deal 4% damage. And the last hit deals 5% damage. This move would work well for basic combos. Given Nightmare’s range, it can be used as a means to space the enemy out.

The last hit can K.O. at 115%. The first two hits have little to no knockback, while the last sends enemies at a 45 degree angle.

Forward + A = Dark High Kick: (Seen at 3:38, second video)

Nightmare does a surprisingly quick kick to the midsection. This attack isn’t all that fancy, but it is one of Nightmares faster attacks, along with having decent range as well. This move is ok at spacing the enemy out, but far from his best options. This attack can be combo-ed into Slash Cross and Grind Kick. Dark High Kick deals 9% damage.

Up + A = Dark Bite: (Seen at 5:13, second video)

Nightmare deals a quick uppercut with his demonic arm. This attack has no real advantages or disadvantages to it, it’s a pretty basic move all round. Dark Bite deals 8%.

If there was just one positive that Dark Bite would have, it’s that it can be followed up with a Soul Wave if timed correctly.

Down + A = Grind Kick: (3:41, second video)

Grind Kick is a pretty simple move, being able to hit the opponent with a quick low kick. But it can spike the enemy downwards at the right angle. This is another move good for spacing the opponent out due to being quick and having decent range. Grind Kick can be combo-ed into both Slash Cross and Dark High Kick. Grind Kick deals 10% damage.

Dash Attack = Drop Kick: (Seen at 5:44, first video)

Nightmare’s dash attack is a very powerful move. Drop Kick deals 14% damage. But the best part of this move is its powerful knockback, sending enemies flying back at higher percentages (80%+). The down side of the Drop Kick is that Nightmare is left open to the opponent if he misses his target.
The knockback for the Drop Kick sends opponents straight forward, can K.O. at 85% or so.

Forward Smash = Quick Revenge: (Seen at 3:02, first video)

Nightmare ducks forward while charging this Smash attack. When the button is let go, he will stab Soul Edge forward while the blade spins like a drill. This move hits four times, with all four hits dealing between a total of 3%-5% damage depending on how long the button is held.
The first three hit will lock the enemy in place if contact is made, while the last hit will launch the enemy forward.

Quick Revenge is good for stacking on damage early on with its good range, but it shouldn’t be your main K.O. option. It can at the very least, get a good knockout at higher percentages (70%+).

Quick Revenge can push enemies straight forward, and K.O at 70%.

Up Smash = Midnight Launcher: (Seen at 3:30, first video)

Nightmare reels back and puts a lot of force into a single upward slash. As the name implies, this move launches the opponent high into the air. Midnight Launcher is Nightmare’s main vertical knockout attack. Dealing 22%-28% damage depending on how long the move is charged. The only downside to this attack is that it is slower than most Up-Smashes.

Midnight Launcher should be a reliable tool for getting in K.O.s. Nightmare’s likely to take down an opponent at 65% with this move.

Down Smash = Charge Stomp: (Seen at 5:40, first video)

Nightmare lifts his foot above the ground while it is being charged with electric energy. He then stomps the ground with great force causing an explosion around him. This explosion will greatly push enemies back; this move acts as a spacing option for Nightmare. Charge Stomp is Nightmare’s best knockout option, deals somewhere between 21%-28% damage.

Charge Stomp should arguably be his best move, having high knockback and can K.O. in the high 50%s.

Specials

B = Earth Divide: (Seen at 3:43, first video)

Nightmare raises Soul Edge as it is lit on fire, and then he slams the blade down causing a small shockwave. Earth Divide works in a similar manner to Marth and Roy’s Shield Breakers in Melee, unleashing a powerful arching slash. Earth Divide can deal somewhere between 10%-30% damage depending on how long the B button is held. The shock wave that Earth Divide leaves will push enemies back greatly, making for a good knockout move if you get lucky. Like the Drop Kick, if the Earth Divide misses, Nightmare can easily be punished for it.

Earth Divide, much like in the Soul Calibur games, is a risky move. It’s slow, predictable, yet pretty powerful. Instead of doing tons of damage like in the Soul Calibur games, Earth Divide has great knockback. This is the type of move that shouldn’t be relied on in a one on one fight; rather Earth Divide can find better use in free for all battles or tag matches.

Forward + B = Rush Crusher: (Seen at 5:47, first video)

Nightmare will dash forward at a surprising speed and strikes with his claw. This move can work as quick knockout attack at an un-expecting enemy. Rush Crusher has less range than the Fox Illusion, but can push the opponent quite far. Pressing the B button again makes Nightmare follow up with tackle. The first hit Deals 13% damage. The second deals 6% damage.

The reason one wouldn’t want to just continually spam the B button while performing the Rush Crusher is that the single hit can be combo-ed into by moves like Soul Wave, Slash Cross, and/or Dark High Kick on the ground. While in the air version of the attack can be combo-ed into and out of both the Rising Knight Kick and Fatal Brave Kick. The second hit would push the enemy too far to get a good combo.

Up + B = Soul Blaze/Cannonball Splitter: (Seen at 4:50 and 5:06, both on the second video)

Nightmare starts off by using a burning upward slash that will, unlike in Soul Calibur 3; raise him off of the ground. This initial attack deals 12% damage. Soul Blaze acts as a recovery attack for Nightmare and has the same height as Mario’s Super Jump Punch.
If the B button is hit again during the animation for Soul Blaze, Nightmare will then perform the Cannonball Splitter.

The Cannonball Splitter has Nightmare do a downwards spinning slash that moves diagonally. The Cannonball Splitter deals 8% damage. If you aren’t careful you could ring yourself out.

Down + B = Soul Wave: (Seen at 4:36, second video)

A newer move that Nightmare has access to starting in Soul Calibur 3, it has so far stayed with him since. Nightmare charges energy from his entire body, then releases it in an explosive red force field. Soul Wave’s design should look more like the version that was in SC4 and SC5, with a more noticeable hitbox and flashier look. This move has slightly more range as the Reflector, to fit Nightmare’s size better.

Soul Wave can be charged the longer the button is held, instead of dealing more damage, Soul Wave’s range can be doubled. This move has decent knockback, so it’s good for pushing enemies off of your back quickly. Normally Soul Wave deals an even 10% damage. Soul Wave has a sweet spot around Nightmare’s legs, which in turn makes Soul Wave deal 15% damage instead.

Soul Wave is a good surprise attack to use at the end of combos. And in the air, it’s the only option that Nightmare has that is abuse able.

Throws

Throw + A = Pummel:

Nightmare grabs the opponent with his demonic arm. When pressing the A button, Nightmare will knee the opponent in the gut. Each hit deals 3%damage.

Forward Throw = Hilt Impact: (Seen at 6:41, first video)

Nightmare grabs his opponent with one arm, and uses the other to bash the hilt of Soul Edge at his opponent. Hilt Impact is Nightmare’s least damaging throw, dealing 10% damage. This throw also has a low amount of knockback.

Backward Throw = Thrust Throw: (Seen at 3:23, first video)

Nightmare thrust Soul Edge forward into the opponent, and then he slams them backwards. This throw is his most powerful throw, dealing an even 20% damage. But this move has powerful knockback, making it a bit easier to get a K.O with. Thrust throw sends the opponent straight backwards.

Up Throw = Flap Jack: (Seen at 7:01, first video)

Nightmare grabs the enemy’s legs and tosses them upwards. This throw deals 13% damage. The best thing about this throw is it’s powerful knockback. This can work as a useful tool for vertical knockouts.

Down Throw = Calamity Fall: (Seen at 6:53, first video)

Nightmare grabs the enemy from the side and jumps up into the air, after that, he will crash down with the enemy. Calamity Fall deals 15% damage, and the enemy is sent upwards. This throw has little to no knockback, but has good damage.

Air Attacks

Neutral Air: Fatal Brave Kick: (seen at 4:29, second video)

Nightmare does a basic mid-air kick. Fatal Brave Kick can help extend combos if timed correctly at least. It’s reach is greater than Link’s Neutral Air, but smaller than Samus’. Fatal Brave Kick Deals 5% damage.

Forward Air: Jade Smasher:

Nightmare does an overhead punch that deals 11% damage. This is Nightmare’s most powerful air attack when used correctly. Jade Smasher works as a combo ender as well. This is also his Meteor Smash, though it has a sourspot. If any area other than the fist hits his target, Nightmare will only deal 5% damage, and will no longer meteor.

On the plus side, this attack has little landing lag.

Backward Air: Back Blade: (Seen at 1:31, second video)

Nightmare does a slow spin slash with Soul Edge. The Back Blade isn’t all that strong either, dealing only 8% damage. What this move does is push the enemy far back as a way for the user to have some breathing room in the ring. This move has about as much range as Marth’s Back Air.

Back Blade has slow startup and a lot of landing lag to go with it.

Up Air: Rising Knight Kick: (Seen at 6:37, first video)

Nightmare does a quick upward kick. This attack is mostly used as a means to help extend combos; as such it’s not very strong. Rising Knight Kick deals 6% damage. Rising Knight Kick has the fastest startup among Nightmare’s air attacks. This move’s landing lag is noticeable, but not terrible. This move has
very little knockback.

Down Air: Soul Smasher: (Seen at 4:40, second video)

Nightmare dives downward and slams Soul Edge into the ground. This move isn’t very strong, but it has its uses. The most important thing this attack can do is get Nightmare back on the ground, where he’ll do some serious damage from. This attack can also work as a combo ender. Soul Smasher deals 7% damage.

Playstyle
Nightmare is a somewhat slow, heavy, and powerful character. Being able to hit hard and take a good couple of hits too. Most of his combos are simple; normally being 4 or 5 hits. He has a spacing/mid-range game thanks to Soul Edge’s range being longer than most other sword users. Another aspect that helps his spacing game is the amount of knockback certain attacks have. But Nightmare still has a problem with projectile based characters, in that he lacks a real good approach to handle characters like Samus and Megaman.

He has quite a few easy killing moves on the ground, and he is a primarily ground based fighter. Because of this, he is very limited in the air, having only one spacing option available and a somewhat mediocre meteor Smash. Nightmare’s throws are rather powerful, said throws are meant to serve at his close range killing moves if one is forced to stay close.

Extra Stuff
Intro: Nightmare rides on to the stage a demonic creature similar to what was seen on a concept art of Nightmare in Soul Calibur 1.

Stance: Something similar to this picture.

Character Theme: Raise Thy Sword ~ Soul Calibur 2

[/COLLAPSE]

I've changed the thread title to be less standoffish to Pac-Man. The thread should be based off Nightmare's merits, not the fact that he would be so much better than our yellow spherical antique.

Morbi

Scavenger
I prefer the "pie chart", he is much more intimidating and awesome. Not to mention iconic! Don't disrespect my glorified cheese wheel!

Welshy91

Smash Ace
I prefer the "pie chart", he is much more intimidating and awesome. Not to mention iconic! Don't disrespect my glorified cheese wheel!
If this is the first response I get then I don't expect this thread to go very far lol.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Nightmare is not "another big sword guy". Smash has sword guys and yes, they're a little overcompensatory but they don't play like big swords. Not like nightmare does. Nightmare would be the only big sword guy and he would be what Gannon should have been. Hell, just stick his moveset on Gannon and watch the fans rejoice, we don't even need Nightmare! Which is good because he'll never get in.

He's cool and definitely the best rep for the series, with the only possible improvement being blending him with Siegfried for a 2 in 1 character (maybe have him swap with each life and have a slightly different moveset even, crystallisation would be a fun FS too). Problem isn't him, it's the series. Fighting games aren't going to feature in smash (excluding Sonic the Fighters and other lazy moveset ports).

While we're on the topic though, I'd like to see a faithful port of Algol to Smash. He'd be so broken but damn would I love beating the crap out of that jerk!

Oh and Lloyd is awesome.

Welshy91

Smash Ace
Nightmare is not "another big sword guy". Smash has sword guys and yes, they're a little overcompensatory but they don't play like big swords. Not like nightmare does. Nightmare would be the only big sword guy and he would be what Gannon should have been. Hell, just stick his moveset on Gannon and watch the fans rejoice, we don't even need Nightmare! Which is good because he'll never get in.
I was actually thinking that about Ganondorf halfway through making this, but I made this thread to see how people would respond (and for fun). I appreciate the feedback.

Morbi

Scavenger
Realistically, Nightmare doesn't have a chance, but he does have a better chance than Lloyd Irving in my opinion. He is one of the more iconic Soul Calibur characters, he is probably behind a Tekken representative to be honest. However, Pacman is the only Namco character that truly has a chance. So the point is moot. I would love to play him in Smash though. He just wouldn't fit in the same way Snake didn't fit.

Welshy91

Smash Ace
But Pac-Man is so not even remotely interesting. His arcade game was fun, but everything else has been.... meh. I severely doubt Nightmare's chances, but I think he stands a significant enough of a chance to warrant a thread (especially considering some of the other threads I've seen floating around here).

Morbi

Scavenger
But Pac-Man is so not even remotely interesting. His arcade game was fun, but everything else has been.... meh. I severely doubt Nightmare's chances, but I think he stands a significant enough of a chance to warrant a thread (especially considering some of the other threads I've seen floating around here).
I honestly think Tekken will take priority over Soul Calibur. It doesn't really matter if Pacman is interesting, look at Sonic? When it comes down to 3rd party characters that get in without a friend's request, they just need to be icons like Megaman (as far as I am concerned). There are no many instances when a character that is more interesting than an important character got in. In fact, I can only think of one. Jigglypuff over Meowth, and that was entirely development based. So regardless, of what many assume, it is apparent that the more important/iconic characters take priority. This is not always the case, but realistically, it is the most common occurrence.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Sorry, I can't take this thread seriously when you're bashing the only character that actually has a chance.

Let me put it this way; this is primarily a game for gaming All-Stars. Namco's gaming All-Star is Pac-Man. Any other characters from the Namco-Bandai company are not happening. It'd be like adding Pit in a crossover game before Mario. Not happening.

Sure, Link was added in Soul Caliber when Mario was not present, but that was simply because the nature of the game made it so that Mario did not fit into the style of the game.

Morbi

Scavenger
Sorry, I can't take this thread seriously when you're bashing the only character that actually has a chance.

Let me put it this way; this is primarily a game for gaming All-Stars. Namco's gaming All-Star is Pac-Man. Any other characters from the Namco-Bandai company are not happening. It'd be like adding Pit in a crossover game before Mario. Not happening.

Sure, Link was added in Soul Caliber when Mario was not present, but that was simply because the nature of the game made it so that Mario did not fit into the style of the game.
It was because Link had a sword.

Welshy91

Smash Ace
I honestly think Tekken will take priority over Soul Calibur. It doesn't really matter if Pacman is interesting, look at Sonic? When it comes down to 3rd party characters that get in without a friend's request, they just need to be icons like Megaman (as far as I am concerned). There are no many instances when a character that is more interesting than an important character got in. In fact, I can only think of one. Jigglypuff over Meowth, and that was entirely development based. So regardless, of what many assume, it is apparent that the more important/iconic characters take priority. This is not always the case, but realistically, it is the most common occurrence.
I get what you're saying, but Nightmare has so much potential. I know Pac-Man has legendary status, but a playable Pac-Man would be the 3-D one and that's not what he's iconic for. I think Pac-Man would make a better stage hazard in a Pac-Man arcade level. I really hope that statement doesn't come back to bite me in the ass regarding a certain purple space dragon.

Welshy91

Smash Ace
I expected a much more negative reception to be honest. It's not that I hate Pac-Man, it's that I don't think Pac-Man would be as fun as Nightmare, even though Pac-Man is more likely. :(

Morbi

Scavenger
I expected a much more negative reception to be honest. It's not that I hate Pac-Man, it's that I don't think Pac-Man would be as fun as Nightmare, even though Pac-Man is more likely. :(
I think most people agree with you to be honest. Not necessarily on Nightmare, but that Pacman wouldn't be as fun as another 3rd party character.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Then write an OP that doesn't mindlessly bash him and get back to me.

Let me put it this way; NiGHTS would have been an extremely interesting character. More so than Sonic. That didn't stop Sonic from getting in.

Welshy91

Smash Ace
I think most people agree with you to be honest. Not necessarily on Nightmare, but that Pacman wouldn't be as fun as another 3rd party character.
He's one of the very few third parties I would approve of, and I wouldn't if it weren't for Namco being involved. It's just hard to believe that he has 0 support considering how popular Soul Calibur is.

Then write an OP that doesn't mindlessly bash him and get back to me.

Let me put it this way; NiGHTS would have been an extremely interesting character. More so than Sonic. That didn't stop Sonic from getting in.

It's not mindless bashing, I made it my direct intention to challenge the yellow glutton's tyranny. People shouldn't fear speaking out against him, especially when deep down, he isn't what the majority of people want. Pac-Man is assumed, not deserving.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Love Nightmare, just wish that the title was better.

And Pac-Man is hella ********, but not only is he probably in the game, I'm 100% certain if we get a Namco character, it will be him.

Nightmare would be more interesting though.

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
Im supporting him since melee xD
It would be so awesome, at least in the form of an AT pls :''(

ryuu seika

Smash Master
I'd just like to say that I actively do oppose pacman. In his true form, he does one thing, no moveset potential and in his limbed form, he's not the gaming icon we all know and love him as. Pacman in smash would not work but, sadly, we'll probably get him anyway.

I still vote Lloyd.

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
That might actually be cool if some 3rd party characters were ATs this time around.

I really was expecting the konami code in brawl, they dont even give us music.
Is not like the characters are good represented anyways, i mean seroiusly? silver over amy in the green hill stage? pls...

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
**** likelihood. I'll support Nightmare for the hell of it, because Soul Edge > any sword the Smash veterans possess. IMO.

Welshy91

Smash Ace
I updated the thread title to be a bit more friendly. You attract more flies with honey.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
And I guess the last thing Smash would need is some idiot/****ty parents giving or filing complaints about a game because they only checked out the content of it AFTER they bought it for their snot-nosed kid.

Ivy's rack is too bigtoo sexy to be in Smash anyway. If there were to be a female from SC hypothetically speaking, I would choose Xianghua or one of them cuter ones.

Back on topic, Nightmare rules and is one of the best playable bad guys in any fighting series.

.... Shouldn't all this probably go in the "impossible characters" thread?

Welshy91

Smash Ace
.... Shouldn't all this probably go in the "impossible characters" thread?
Me: Sakurai, what the odds of Nightmare getting into Smash?
Sakurai: Not good.
Me: Like one in a hundred?
Sakurai: More like one in a million.
Me: So you're saying.... there's still a chance. YEAH.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Sakurai has already said that fighting game characters will probably not be playable in Smash Bros., so that would apply to Street Fighter, Sould Caliber, and Tekken.

Nightmare isn't happening.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I wouldn't consider Nightmare impossible. He has the credentials for a support thread.

I fully support Nightmare but I know his chances are absolutely none. However, if a SC character would be included, I'd say he would be the best choice. As well, is love to see a 3rd party villain included. Nightmare would do untold destruction to the Nintendo universes - devouring souls and such.

Welshy91

Smash Ace
I wouldn't consider Nightmare impossible. He has the credentials for a support thread.

I fully support Nightmare but I know his chances are absolutely none. However, if a SC character would be included, I'd say he would be the best choice. As well, is love to see a 3rd party villain included. Nightmare would do untold destruction to the Nintendo universes - devouring souls and such.
Finally someone that gets it. I'm not claiming that I believe that he'll get in, but technically, he meets all the criteria. He's been on a Nintendo system and he isn't fourth party and being a Namco property puts him above other third party options. I know Sakurai said he didn't want characters from fighting games but what about Little Mac? Plus he's changed his mind before, remember the Villager? Nigthmare's chances are .1% but that's .1% higher than some of the other crap here, and thus I made this thread.

Also, did you just add Nightmare's portrait to your signature or was that always there?

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Ive always had Nightmare in some form. I've been supporting him back before Namco was announced as a co-developer. I've toyed with making a support thread for him but never got around to it. I would love to see him and Terra from Final Fantasy face off.

I consider impossible characters as character who largely appear on other consoles and limited Nintendo exposure (I.e. Crash), characters that have no Nintendo exposure (I.e. Master Chief), and 4th party and beyond. Nightmare has had several Nintendo appearances so I would put him in the "damn well unlikely" category.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Me: Sakurai, what the odds of Nightmare getting into Smash?
Sakurai: Not good.
Me: Like one in a hundred?
Sakurai: More like one in a million.
Me: So you're saying.... there's still a chance. YEAH.
Hah, I wonder where you got most of those lines from.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
As nigh impossible as it is, I'd like to see it happen. Nightmare is one of my mains in Soul Calibur 2 and 3. He's fought Link before anyhow, so he has that going for him. I mean who wouldn't want to see the guys who wield Soul Edge and the Master Sword go at it again? But it was already stated no characters who originated from fighting games were to be added. Which means no Nightmare sadly. But it also means Ryu, Jin, Chun-Li, Kazuya, or Scorpion ect ect.

Chances are, we might be getting Pac-Man as far as Namco characters go. I think he'd be an alright choice. But he's hardly as interesting to me, as say Megaman is.

Welshy91

Smash Ace
Hah, I wonder where you got most of those lines from.
I was hoping someone would get the reference.

As nigh impossible as it is, I'd like to see it happen. Nightmare is one of my mains in Soul Calibur 2 and 3. He's fought Link before anyhow, so he has that going for him. I mean who wouldn't want to see the guys who wield Soul Edge and the Master Sword go at it again? But it was already stated no characters who originated from fighting games were to be added. Which means no Nightmare sadly. But it also means Ryu, Jin, Chun-Li, Kazuya, or Scorpion ect ect.

Chances are, we might be getting Pac-Man as far as Namco characters go. I think he'd be an alright choice. But he's hardly as interesting to me, as say Megaman is.
That seems to be the general consensus. Everyone seems to prefer Nightmare as a potential 3rd party even though the odds are stacked against him. I'm not even going to begin to get my hopes up, but in the one in a billion chance that he is in, I can come back to this thread and tell everyone in the world to suck it.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I was hoping someone would get the reference.

That seems to be the general consensus. Everyone seems to prefer Nightmare as a potential 3rd party even though the odds are stacked against him. I'm not even going to begin to get my hopes up, but in the one in a billion chance that he is in, I can come back to this thread and tell everyone in the world to suck it.

I can understand that sentiment completely. He honestly wouldn't be a bad choice at all. I can see some of his moveset now. His Down Smash really should be his foot stomp too. Give him the force field from Soul calibur 3,4, and 5 too. Maybe as a B move.

Top Bottom