• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Goomba for Super Smash Bros!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Ah, the Goomba. The punching bag of the Mario universe, a laughing stock. Well what if gaming's most iconic enemy got to redeem itself by fighting against Nintendo's best?
I know this may sound like a joke, but think about it. There's no denying that the Goomba is one of the most iconic video game figures in history. Truly the Goomba is a Nintendo All-Star! Not to mention, there IS a lot of potential to be found. There are many types of Goombas, all of which can be referenced through Goomba's moveset. Paragoomba, Kuribo's Shoe Goomba, you name it!
The Goomba has been pushed around for too long. It's time for the little guy to redeem himself and show all of the people who have laughed at him that he is no laughing matter!
Support Goomba for Smash Bros!

Plus if we can't have Bazoomba this is the best option.

Movesets:

Fortanono's Moveset:
B (Bazooka Poison Spore): Goomba shoots a purple spore at the enemy. This does not do direct damage, but instead is the first damage over time mechanism in the game that I know of.
Side B (Micro-Goomba): Basically Waddle Dee Toss.
Up B (Para-Wings): Use this once and Goomba sprouts wings. He then becomes an extremely floaty character with 5 jumps. He cannot attack in this form, though, and he loses the wings after he attacks once.
Down B (Headbonk): Goomba turns upside-down and trips, unless in the air, where he launches himself downwards, and when he touches the ground, he trips but causes a big explosion.
Final Smash (Goomba's Shoe): Goomba gets in a giant flying shoe and flies around, damaging enemies on contact.

SuperBrawler's Moveset:

Neutral B: Tanooki Tail. Goomba spins his Tanooki tail. It does 12% and can deflect projectiles.

Side B: Kuribo's Shoe. Goomba puts on his Kuribo's Shoe, then he charges forward and stomps on anyone in his way.

Up B: Para Goomba. Goomba grows wings and flies. He can control where he goes for 6 seconds. Then he comes back down with a parachute.

Down B: Head Bonk. Goomba turns upside-down and trips, except when in the air. If he is in the air, he launches himself down. When he touches the ground he does the same but causes a big explosion.

Final Smash: Goomba Mob. Goomba summons a giant mob of Goombas that follow him wherever he goes.

Tepig2000's Moveset:

Neutral Special - Headbonk

Goomba jumps forwards, headbutting the enemy. You can charge to make it more powerful.

Side Special - Multibonk

Goomba headbutts. If you press the special button at the same time you hit the enemy, Goomba will headbutt the enemy again really fast, and if you continue pressing the special button at the right time Goomba continues headbutting.

Up Special - Paragoomba

Goomba grows wings. He can then fly freely for 5 seconds. During this time you can press any attack button to drop a Micro Goomba. Micro Goombas latch to enemies like Olimar's Pikmin and reduce their speed and jump height.

Down Special - Kuribo's Shoe

Goomba enters Kuribo's Shoe and jumps, then comes down really fast. This is a meteor smash.

Final Smash - Goomba Army

Goomba summons a lot of other Goombas that keep attacking enemies.

PS: The OP will be upgraded with movesets, arguments, supporters, etc.

Fortanono

Smash Ace
Well, you just HAVE to include a bazooka or his inclusion wouldn't be worthwhile. :p (If you don't know what I'm referencing, look at my post on Rate Their Chances page 138.)

Fortanono

Smash Ace
BTW, I guess I support Goomba. My moveset:

B (Bazooka Poison Spore): Goomba shoots a purple spore at the enemy. This does not do direct damage, but instead is the first damage over time mechanism in the game that I know of.
Side B (Micro-Goomba): Basically Waddle Dee Toss.
Up B (Para-Wings): Use this once and Goomba sprouts wings. He then becomes an extremely floaty character with 5 jumps. He cannot attack in this form, though, and he loses the wings after he attacks once.
Down B (Headbonk): Goomba turns upside-down and trips, unless in the air, where he launches himself downwards, and when he touches the ground, he trips but causes a big explosion.
Final Smash (Goomba's Shoe): Goomba gets in a giant flying shoe and flies around, damaging enemies on contact.

Also, for some reason, I can't post a spoiler.

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
Well Fortanono beat me to it. I was busy. My excuse.

Goomba Moveset

Neutral B: Tanooki Tail. Goomba spins his Tanooki tail. It does 12% and can deflect projectiles.

Side B: Kuribo's Shoe. Goomba puts on his Kuribo's Shoe, then he charges forward and stomps on anyone in his way.

Up B: Para Goomba. Goomba grows wings and flies. He can control where he goes for 6 seconds. Then he comes back down with a parachute.

Down B: Head Bonk. Goomba turns upside-down and trips, except when in the air. If he is in the air, he launches himself down. When he touches the ground he does the same but causes a big explosion.

Final Smash: Goomba Mob. Goomba summons a giant mob of Goombas that follow him wherever he goes.

Fortanono

Smash Ace
Well Fortanono beat me to it. I was busy. My excuse.

Goomba Moveset

Cool moveset! I see you used my Headbonk idea!

D

Deleted member

Koopa>Goomba

But I will accept both.

.....maybe both as a team? :troll:
Two of Bowser's "elite" minions team up to take on the world!

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I support.
Will include moveset later. I have an awesome one.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Including generic enemies in Smash would suck big time. The only character I can honestly see it working with is Shy Guy for a Yoshi character, but even then I wouldn't be very supportive of it.

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
Neutral Special: Goomba Chomp.
Makes the enemy tiny for some seconds (of course!).

Side Special: Goomba Troop .
Summons a tiny goomba in the direction you are pressing:
- The tiny goomba mirrors every normal move you make with half the strength.
- Works both as an attack and as ashield.
- You can have 2 at a time, one for the left and other for the right.
- If you press Side B in the direction you already have one, he will run all the direction until he hits something (he will explode like the tiny goombas in mario 64) or he fall of an edge.
- They grow in size if they live enough, yours is the limit.
- http://static2.wikia.nocookie.net/_...mages/c/cb/Artwork_Four_Swords_Adventures.jpg

Down Special: Goomboss.
Goombas body shine in red, and if he is hit by an attack, he will absorve it and grow in size.
The stronger the attack the bigger he gets, double size is the limmit.

Up B: P-Wings.
yeah.

Final Smash: ChestNut Storm.
DDD.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Here is an awesome video of what happens to a Goomba in his life. Pretty epic and before watching this video I will never though about these little critters in anyway but after watching this my point of view has change drastically.

.n_n.

Louie G.

Smash Hero

Morbi

Scavenger
I would probably murder someone to get Goomba in the game. He is so worthy, not even a joke. He is the essence of all video game minions.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
Moveset:

Neutral Special - Headbonk

Goomba jumps forwards, headbutting the enemy. You can charge to make it more powerful.

Side Special - Multibonk

Goomba headbutts. If you press the special button at the same time you hit the enemy, Goomba will headbutt the enemy again really fast, and if you continue pressing the special button at the right time Goomba continues headbutting.

Up Special - Paragoomba

Goomba grows wings. He can then fly freely for 5 seconds. During this time you can press any attack button to drop a Micro Goomba. Micro Goombas latch to enemies like Olimar's Pikmin and reduce their speed and jump height.

Down Special - Kuribo's Shoe

Goomba enters Kuribo's Shoe and jumps, then comes down really fast. This is a meteor smash.

Final Smash - Goomba Army

Goomba summons a lot of other Goombas that keep attacking enemies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom