• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dixie Kong's Little Cousin! Kiddy Kong for Smash Wii U/3DS! Now With Sig Icon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
image.jpg

ABOUT

From the Super Mario Bros. Wiki.

Kiddy Kong is a playable character and the sidekick of Dixie Kong in the games Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble! and Donkey Kong Land III. Additionally, Kiddy Kong is the cousin of Dixie and her sister, Tiny Kong, and the younger brother of Chunky Kong.[1] Overall, Kiddy Kong is the youngest member of the Kong Family. Kiddy Kong's most notable attribute is his incredible strength. In spite of his youthful age, he rivals Donkey Kong himself in terms of size and sheer physical power.

ARGUMENTS
Argument 1​
Argument Needed​

MOVESETS
If you make a moveset for Kiddy, I'll put it here.​
[COLLAPSE=SuperBrawler's Moveset]
Kiddy Kong Moveset

Neutral B: Barrel. Kiddy pulls out a barrel and holds it in front of him like a shield, and it can be destroyed. He can throw it by pressing B again, dealing 13% with big knockback.

Side B: Roll Attack. Kiddy curls up into a ball and rolls. He can jump. And if he jumps right when he lands, he'll jump higher. Each hit deals 4%.

Up B: Roll Jump. Kiddy curls into a ball and jumps diagonally upward. It deals 11% with huge knockback.

Down B: Stomp. Kiddy jumps up, then stomps back down with all his strength and weight. Deals 14% with huge knockback.

Final Smash: Ellie. Kiddy calls Ellie, then gets on her, then starts riding across the stage, crashing into his foes with huge knockback.
[/COLLAPSE]
[COLLAPSE=Tepig2000's Moveset]
Neutral B - Strong Arms

Kiddy Kong punches. If an enemy is hit, the enemy becomes stunned. If you use this move near a stunned enemy, you can pick him up to carry and throw him.

Side B - Super Roll

Kiddy rolls forward, damaging enemies. If he jumps during this, he jumps a bigger distance.

Up B - Barrel Cannon

A barrel cannon appears and Kiddy jumps in it. The barrel cannon keeps spinning and shoots Kiddy when you press the attack button.

Down B - Barrel

Kiddy grabs one of three types of barrel. These barrels can be thrown to damage enemies and serve as shields when Kiddy is carrying them. Normal barrels are the weakest and break in contact with an enemy. Metal barrels are stronger, pass trought enemies, bounce when they hit walls and can't be broken by enemies. TNT barrels explode and deal the most damage.

Final Smash - Earthquake

Kiddy pounds the ground strongly, and some parts of it even rise. This deals damage to enemies that are in the ground.[/COLLAPSE]​

ICONS
If you make Sigs or Roster Maker Icons I will put them here
Zhadgon:

KIDDY'S SUPPORTERS
Name please!​
SuperBrawler, Tepig2000, PigmaskColonel,​
[/CENTER]

Fortanono

Smash Ace
Additionally, Kiddy Kong is the cousin of Dixie and her sister, Tiny Kong, and the younger brother of Chunky Kong.[1]​
Um... There are still reference tags. Anyway, I wouldn't really want another DKC rep, and if I had to have one, it would be K. Rool. Sorry.

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
DK Jr pls.

I dont like any of the DKC characters, but is always fun to think in a moveset.
How about something with the rocket cannon we use in the mountain? i also surprised we dont have any Rare balloons in smash, but i saving that for dixie.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Well there was if you count the Dixie & Kiddy tag-team thread, which wasn't well-received either.

I'm probably one of few on the planet that liked Kiddy, but there's little point in endorsing him to return for well... anything.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
DKC3 was my first GBA game, but... nope. Kiddy Kong isn't ready yet for the spotlight. He'd probably end up being a "joke character" among fans and become a punching bag.

StupendousMike

Smash Ace
I got no beef with Kiddy in general, never got the hate for him, but in a world where Smash doesn't have K. Rool, Dixie, DK Jr. or any of the many more deserving DK characters, I'll have to take a pass. Sorry.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Ah, if only Donkey Kong Racing hadn't gotten cancelled.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
True. Kiddy would've been an amazing character, with a good potential of a lot of character development, since he's a baby and all. Shame it never came to be. And yes, Donkey Kong Racing's canceling still hurts.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
I made a moveset for him because of my forum game. SmasherMaster challenged me to make different movesets for Diddy, Dixie and Kiddy. Here it is:

Neutral B - Strong Arms

Kiddy Kong punches. If an enemy is hit, the enemy becomes stunned. If you use this move near a stunned enemy, you can pick him up to carry and throw him.

Side B - Super Roll

Kiddy rolls forward, damaging enemies. If he jumps during this, he jumps a bigger distance.

Up B - Barrel Cannon

A barrel cannon appears and Kiddy jumps in it. The barrel cannon keeps spinning and shoots Kiddy when you press the attack button.

Down B - Barrel

Kiddy grabs one of three types of barrel. These barrels can be thrown to damage enemies and serve as shields when Kiddy is carrying them. Normal barrels are the weakest and break in contact with an enemy. Metal barrels are stronger, pass trought enemies, bounce when they hit walls and can't be broken by enemies. TNT barrels explode and deal the most damage.

Final Smash - Earthquake

Kiddy pounds the ground strongly, and some parts of it even rise. This deals damage to enemies that are in the ground.

You can also consider me a supporter because I love the SNES DKC games.

StupendousMike

Smash Ace
Ah, if only Donkey Kong Racing hadn't gotten cancelled.

I never understood why this game never happened. Yeah, I know it was Rare, and they got bought out and all their Nintendo projects got scrapped, but Nintendo still owned the rights to every asset that was going to be in this game. Even if they had to start over from scratch, all the DKC characters racing around on Animal Buddies is just a flat-out better concept than Barrel Blast ever was.

PigmaskColonel

Smash Journeyman
Man, I didn't know Kiddy had so much hate. :eek:

Anyway, I love the DK series, and totally support Kiddy. He's a freakin' baby who can lift a car. How much awesomer can you get than that? I support!

PigmaskColonel

Smash Journeyman
Moveset:

Neutral Special: WAAAAH!!!

Side Special: WAAAAH!!!

Up Special: WAAAAH!!!

Down Special: WAAAAH!!!

Final Smash: SUPER ULTIMATE WAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!! (Instant KO for all opponents)

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I want everything in this image turned into one Assist Trophy: Kiddy, animal buddies, and enemies, all at once.

Do it, Sakurai.
Didn't some of those like Ellie the elephant only appear in DKC3 too? If not, sure felt that way. I miss some of those certain animal buddies more than I do others because of them only appearing in like one game I played. Hell, would've liked to see Winky the frog and stuff more than I did too. Rambi, Squawks, and Enguarde (sp?) were the lucky ones as far as the number of appearances they got. Expresso was kinda meh, but I loved even it too.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I didn't know Kiddy recieved so much hate.......if he was very poorly recieved since the start perhaps that's why he has yet to make an appearance since his very first appearance.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I see it more as indifference, or disinterest for Kiddy than I do as hate. If DKC3 (which he starred in alongside Dixie) didn't have the misfortune of coming out right after DKC2 (and we all know it's hard to top that), I think Kiddy could've been more appreciated than he ended up being. If he had just been introduced under different circumstances..

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I want everything in this image turned into one Assist Trophy: Kiddy, animal buddies, and enemies, all at once.

Do it, Sakurai.
This has my full support! It would nostalgia me back to the 90s in an instant!

Also, am sad to announce this: http://www.usgamer.net/articles/donkey-kong-country-tropical-freeze-full-e3-interview

KT: We’re thinking that we’ll probably add one more character. So we’ll invite you to go ahead and take your best guess as to which Kong you think is going to join us.

MK: Which one would you want?

USG: Hmm. I remember… what was his name? Kiddy Kong, the baby one, in the third game? Whatever his name was.

Translator: There was Funky, Lanky, Candy… We’re going to find out. We’re Nintendo and we don’t know this? What the heck is wrong with us? Jeremy, you’re a game journalist, what’s going on.

USG: No, I forgot to do my research this morning. [laughs]

KT: Well, since we can’t think of the name, you know it’s not that one. [more laughs]

MK: Or we’re hiding it very well.

Oh the evilness that is the [laughs]... :urg:

It makes it obvious though that the 4th playable character is, infact a Kong.

Am now 99,98% certain that it's gonna be Lanky Kong.

PigmaskColonel

Smash Journeyman
What with Cranky being confirmed as the 4th playable character in Tropical Freeze, Kiddy is pretty much screwed. :glare:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom