• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Thread That Won't Get Locked - The Klefki Support Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Preface: I wish to start off this post by acknowledging the fact that this character is not going to happen. But hey, he's eligible, and I love him, so I'm making a thread. :p

Welcome to the Klefki Support Thread!
Who or what is Klefki?
  • Why, only the best choice for a Sixth Generation Pokemon!
Wait...That's a Pokemon?
  • You bet your sweet patootie he is! A Steel-Fairy type, to be exact. And yes! They do have genders. Klefki gets a lot of unnecessary flak, in my opinion. I mean, we've had Pokemon based on inanimate objects since Generation I! Plus, Klefki's actual basis is pretty interesting. And its name is full of puns. What more could a Smash candidate need? Oh, moves...
How will this Pokemon fight?
  • How will a Pokemon fight? That's a pretty silly question. :p

But to answer it, Klefki has an amazing ability, in the name of PRANKSTER. In the Pokemon games, Prankster is often the bane of competitive battlers. This move makes status moves get increased priority. And for Klefki, which has an amazing Defensive typing (Steel-Fairy) and many moves to take full advantage of Prankster (Magic Room, Crafty Shield, Fairy Lock, Thunder Wave, Swagger, Light Screen and Reflect, to name a few), Klefki becomes a potent threat.
So is there a moveset to go along with this thread?
  • Yes! It's still a work in progress, but the specials are ready. Klefki's basic playstyle would involve mainly trolling the opponent, in layman's terms. You aren't strong on your own, but man can you make the opponent's life miserable. Here's a basic rundown of Klefki's specials:
Neutral Special: Fairy Lock- Klefki rushes at the opponent, while a spectral lock shape forms over them. The opponent is put into a severe stun that keeps them from leaving the ground for a bit. This move can only be used if the opponent is on the ground, however.

Side Special: Confide - Klefki tells it's opponent a disturbing secret, causing him / her / it to lose their ability to concentrate. This will leave it's opponent in a dazed state for a very short period of time. However for a while after, the opponent will now be able to trip randomly at a considerably above average rate. The range of this move is around the same as Mewtwo's disable in Melee. You can not shield yourself from this move. Thanks AEM

Up Special: Play Rough - Klefki gets a dark aura around it and rushes upwards. Based off of Play Rough in the games, if the opponent was in the midst of an attack, their attack does half the damage.

Down Special: Crafty Shield - This move, while only works once before being broken/having to be recharged, neutralizes any move that only causes knockback as opposed to damage, as well as halving the knockback of the opponent's next Smash attack.

Final Smash: Dazzling Gleam - Klefki jingles its keys frantically and releases a large amount of luster in eight directions. The opponent needs to dodge these shots if they hope to survive.

Jingle Jingle...

Show me the Stats and Playstyle!
  • Only because you asked nicely. :p Basically, Klefki would usurp Jigglypuff as the lightest in the game, as well as the smallest. Easy to knock a way, but a pain to actually hit in the first place. He can't do much damage outright, but he'll cripple you and whittle you down with low power moves over the course of the fight, with Play Rough and a few of his aerials being its only really good kill moves. One of Klefki's downfalls is the lack of a projectile, meaning that foes must come in close to kill him, making him easier to knock away if he doesn't cripple them first.
Klefki as a Poke Ball Pokemon:

It's no big secret that Klefki is a bit unlikely to be playable, and that's putting it nicely. So, how would Klefki work as a Poke Ball Pokemon? One way could be to have him appear and use Fairy Lock, one of his two signature moves. Klefki would fly toward an opponent and hold them down in a spectral lock, leaving them open for you to give them a nice charged up Smash attack.

Klefki's Locksmiths! (Supporter List) :
Opossum
Ariand/AEM
Fogbadge
Brawler610
Tepig2000
Fastblade5035

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
So, wait, what do the females look like?

Is it... a ring with a bunch of padlocks on it?

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
THREAD OF THE YEAR
BEST POKÉMON
ALL OF THE AWARDS

You've got Manny's (my Klefki) and my full support.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I want to lock this thread but I seemed to have lost my keys.......
Hmmmmm

I think it would be an interesting idea.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Oh I just noticed something about the moveset, perhaps we could make Play Rough the Up Special and change the Side Special into something new? Foul Play just really doesn't seem to fit well, especially when Play Rough could basically be considered the same thing.

How about Confide?
---
Side Special: Confide - Klefki tells it's opponent a disturbing secret, causing him / her / it to lose their ability to concentrate. This will leave it's opponent in a dazed state for a very short period of time. However for a while after, the opponent will now be able to trip randomly (as today's picture of Pikachu seems to confirm that it has returned in some way) at a considerably above average rate. The range of this move is around the same as Mewtwo's disable in Melee. You can not shield yourself from this move.
---
So in other words, it's a buffed disable. But I think it fits Klefki better, considering that it's more of a support Pokémon than a flat out attacker.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Its taunts would be pretty annoying.

Every time it knocks you off stage it's just like *jingle* *jingle*

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
personally klefki is my favourite gen 6 pokemon, and though he's not got a chance i'd love to see him in smash

D

Deleted member

LOL
I'll support this. Klefki would seem like it would be the ultimate troll character. :p

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
For some reason I did not like it when I first saw it. And it is not because it is a object, because I think Vanilite is cute. But there was something I did not like. I don't know why I did not like it. But now I think it is cute. I support, maybe I will do a moveset.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
A pokeball pokemon that puts a padlock on characters either locking their attacks for an amount of time, or jumps (love that special idea even if I don't approve of the character), or both.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Oh I just noticed something about the moveset, perhaps we could make Play Rough the Up Special and change the Side Special into something new? Foul Play just really doesn't seem to fit well, especially when Play Rough could basically be considered the same thing.

How about Confide?
---
Side Special: Confide - Klefki tells it's opponent a disturbing secret, causing him / her / it to lose their ability to concentrate. This will leave it's opponent in a dazed state for a very short period of time. However for a while after, the opponent will now be able to trip randomly (as today's picture of Pikachu seems to confirm that it has returned in some way) at a considerably above average rate. The range of this move is around the same as Mewtwo's disable in Melee. You can not shield yourself from this move.
---
So in other words, it's a buffed disable. But I think it fits Klefki better, considering that it's more of a support Pokémon than a flat out attacker.
Oh wow, that's a nice idea. Mind if I use it in the moveset? With credit, of course.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Imagine a Klefki/Game and Watch duet?
Ears would bleed with joy.

That said, sure, why the **** not? Sign me up.
*sigh* If only Klefki was a lock... :troll:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
...Opossum, did you just make this thread for the sake of the pun in the heading?
...Maaaaaybe.

In all honesty, the pun was an after thought. I made it just because I've been using Klefki a lot, and it's awesome. And puns. :p

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
He'd be too broken.

With Prankster it can Thunderwave, Reflect, and Light Screen for days. And with Foul Play, the stronger the opponent, the stronger Klefki is.

Fairy Keychain >>>>>> Metaknight

So, wait, what do the females look like?

Is it... a ring with a bunch of padlocks on it?

I've always wondered about how they can even have genders in the first place (a thing like Carbink for example does not have a gender), and I realized that in the middle of their faces they have a keyhole... Okay I'm done thinking about this.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Welp, it may be time to pack up shop, guys...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom