• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Melee + Brawl + 64] Yestercades Presents: C.O.A. IV - December 20th, 2013 - Red Bank, NJ

LLDL

Smash Hero

Date:
  • December 20, 2013
Time:
  • Signups 4:30pm - 6:30pm
  • Brackets Start at 6:30pm
80 Broad Street
Red Bank, NJ 07701
Parking is free on any street in Red Bank after 6:00pm (even if you see a parking meter).

Game(s):
  • Super Smash Bros. Melee (Gamecube)
  • Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii)
  • Super Smash Bros. (N64)
Pricing:
  • Venue Fee: $15.00 (Gives in/out access to all arcade games and facilities until closing)
  • Melee 1v1 Tournament Entry: $5.00
  • Brawl 1v1 Tournament Entry: $5.00
  • Smash 64 1v1 Tournament Entry: $5.00
Rules:

Melee Rules:
APEX 2013 Melee Ruleset
Wobbling is banned :p

Brawl Rules:

Smash 64 Rules:
Chain-Ace's Modified Smash 64 Ruleset

Competition Rules

Competition format is Double Elimination.

• All sets with the exception of the below are best-of-3.
  • Winners Finals, Losers Finals and Grand Finals are best-of-5.
Game Settings

• Mode: STOCK
  • Stocks: 5
  • Handicap: OFF
  • Team Attack: ON
  • Stage Select: ON
  • Damage: 100%
  • Item Switch: NONE
  • All Characters Available
Stages

• The Stage List consists of Congo Jungle, Peach's Castle and Dream Land.
  • The first match of a set will always be played on Dreamland.
  • Final destination can be played on in a set with gentlemen's rule (FD may be played on if agreed by both players)
Characters

• All characters are legal.
  • Black DK (Right-C), Dark Samus (Down-C) and Dark Falcon (Right-C) are discouraged if Congo Jungle is the stage for visibility reasons. The opposing player may reset the match without penalty if they wish for a colour change. Taking or dealing any damage nullifies this right.
    Low Tiers are all characters in B tier and below: Yoshi, Donkey Kong, Jigglypuff, Ness, Luigi, Samus and Link.
Set Procedure
  • Players select characters for first match.
  • The first match is played on Dreamland.
  • The loser of the previous match selects the next match's stage from the Stage List.
  • The winner of the previous match selects their character.
  • The loser of the previous match selects their character.
  • The next match is played.
  • Above steps are repeated if necessary.

Tournament Poster:

MegaGuy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Yung_Mega
3DS FC
5043-2216-2465
When's P:M? I should be there as usual, though this is super far in advance.

LLDL

Smash Hero
I'm currently seeing if I will have enough setups for P:M

LLDL

Smash Hero
Are all of the set-ups provided?
Enough for the tournament to be ran on, but players are welcome to bring their own if they want to get more friendlies in. Keep in mind we don't always have room for it though so keep it in your trunk/car and you can always bring it in after the fact.

MegaGuy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Yung_Mega
3DS FC
5043-2216-2465
I'm 95% sure I'll be there tomorrow with a PM setup. See y'all there

LLDL

Smash Hero
Good luck to everyone else showing up!

you too man, good luck everyone!

If anyone needs to reach me today, my cell is 7 -.3 -.2 -.9 -.6 -.2 -.5 -.4 -.6 -.7.

If I don't answer call the arcade 732-383-7873 and ask for Daniel about the tournament, or you can ask whoever picks up the phone if it is just for directions of parking or something.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
So my friend and I were on our way to this when my tire popped. Had to turn back.

Do you guys host stuff at Yestercades often? Like, weeklies or anything?

:093:

the_palmerfan

Smash Rookie
That was hype as ****!
Thanks Chain-ace for running the tournament and thanks to all the people who played my scrubby sheik in friendlies/bracket. See you guys at apex (hopefully)!

MegaGuy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Yung_Mega
3DS FC
5043-2216-2465
So my friend and I were on our way to this when my tire popped. Had to turn back.

There's usually a tournament once a month or so

LLDL

Smash Hero

Sorry to hear that man, and we usually try to host one tournament per month. I'm going to try to do my next one January 10th!

That was hype as ****!
Thanks Chain-ace for running the tournament and thanks to all the people who played my scrubby sheik in friendlies/bracket. See you guys at apex (hopefully)!
Thanks so much for coming out palmerfan! I'm running smash 64 at apex, come look out for me! I'll be in that area most the second half of day 1

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
There's usually a tournament once a month or so
Sorry to hear that man, and we usually try to host one tournament per month. I'm going to try to do my next one January 10th!

**** happens, but I was super bummed about it. We saw this thread literally a few hours before sign-ups and decided on a whim to check it out. This is about 2 hours away and we would've been there just in time too if that hadn't happened.

Cool! I'm in PA for the holidays so I thought I'd try to hit up something not too far out of the way while I'm here. If you guys did January 10th that might actually work out really well for me since I plan on leaving the 11th or the 12th. I'll try to check here often to see if you post anything more. Thanks for the info!

Wii_G

Smash Rookie
Fun night, figured i was going to get top 3 in brawl but ended up losing to a kirby main. Isn't brawl the best? LOL would be awesome if there was another tournament pre-apex, was talking to a bunch of guys who are huge melee and 64 fans in the area who would be willing to come out and compete. Can't wait for the next one!

Top Bottom