• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Painter Pokémon, Smeargle, for SSB4! Signature Icon Added!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936

Smeargle, number #235 in the National Dex, is the painter Pokémon. Once it becomes an adult, it has a tendency to let its comrades paint footprints on its back. The color of the mysterious fluid secreted from its tail is predetermined for each Smeargle. A Smeargle marks its territory using a fluid that leaks out from the tip of its tail. About 5,000 different marks left by this Pokémon have been found.

Counter-Arguments

#1 - Smeargle is not important to the Pokémon series

This is 100% wrong. Smeargle even has more NPC appearances than Meowth, who's probably the most likely newcomer Pokémon. In Pokémon Mistery Dungeon, after rescuing Smeargle from Howling Forest, it will join the team and change the rescue base's flag on request. In Pokémon Channel, a Smeargle appears in a television program called Smeargle's Art Study. He will rate the painting hanging on the player's bedroom wall, namely a picture the player made. In Pokémon Black 2 and White 2, a unique Smeargle with a bowtie appears as the opposing side's Pokémon in the Love and Battles series.

Movesets

Neutral Special - Sketch

The signature move of Smeargle, if any enemy uses a special move and Smeargle was facing the enemy, Smeargle will be able to use this move any time he wants. Smeargle may discard the move by taunting like Kirby.
Side Special - Captivate
This is one of Smeargle's Dream World moves. Smeargle shoots hearths forward, when they hit an enemy, the enemy gets in love with Smeargle. It only works with enemies that are the oposite gender of Smeargle, and Smeargle's gender may be chosen before the battle starts. Enemies in love with Smeagle can't attack it.
Up Special - False Swipe
This was a move that a special event Smeargle had. Smeargle stops for a second and runs forward slashing. This does 1% damage and stuns the enemy, like Weavile's attack when summoned from a Pokéball. In the air, you can choose if Smeargle goes forward, upwards or downwards by pressing a direction during that brief stop. If no direction is choosen, Smeargle goes forwards.
Down Special - Mean Look
That same special event Smeagle had Mean Look too. Smeargle looks forwards with an angered face, and if an enemy is facing Smeargle, that enemy can't move. If the enemy is one of Pokémon Trainer's Pokémon, the trainer can't switch Pokémon, and if it is Zelda/Sheik, she can't transform. The enemy can't use moves that involve moving like Green Missile (because Luigi shoots forward) too. After a short time or if Smeargle looks away from the enemy, the enemy is free to escape.
Final Smash - Outrage
One of the Smeargles in the Love and Battles Series from Pokéstar Studios in Black 2/White 2 knows this. Smeargle gets really mad and starts flailing his arms wildly, you control Smeargle normally but can't do anything aside from running and jumping, as Smeargle is constantly attacking.

B: Swipes in front of him with brush. Copies B move from hit enemy for the rest of the match

Forward B: Dashes forward and swipes with brush. Copies side B from hit enemy for the rest of the match
Down B: Twirls with brush tail hitting on both sides. Copies down B from hit enemy for the rest of the match
Up B: Spins tail tip above him like a helicopter which lifts him up. Copies Up B from hit enemy for the rest of the match.

AAA (Tail Whip): Smeargle whacks the opponent with his tail repeatedly. Does 3%, then 2%, then alternates 1% and 2%.

Dash Attack (Petal Dance): Smeargle charges at the opponent, covered in petals. Does 12% damage.
F-Tilt (Crunch): Smeargle makes fangs appear in front of him, and bites down. Does 14% damage.
U-Tilt (Icicle Crash): Smeargle shoves an icicle upwards. Does 8% damage.
D-Tilt (Low Sweep): Smeargle crouches and sweeps his foot in front of him. Does 9%, can cause tripping.
F-Smash (Ember): Smeargle chucks a small fireball at the opponent. Does 16% damage.
U-Smash (Stone Edge): Smeargle spins upwards with a pointed stone being held above it. Deals 18% damage.
D-Smash (Night Shade): Smeargle summons shadow energy to come up from the ground. Deals 21% damage.
Nair (Whirlpool): Smeargle spins around, surrounded by water. 14% damage.
Fair (Dragon Claw): Smeargle swipes his claws at the opponent while they are covered in blue energy. Deals 17% damage.
Bair (Iron Tail): Smeargle swings his tail backwards as it is covered in metal. Deals 16%.
Uair (Aerial Ace): Smeargle dashes upwards spinning. Does 15% damage.
Dair (Earth Power): Smeargle plummets downwards, damaging anyone he touches. 12% damage.
Pummel (Struggle Bug): Smeargle shoots a weak powder at the opponent. Does 2% damage.
Forward Throw (Aqua Tail): Smeargle throws the opponent behind him, then catapults it forward with his tail while the tail is covered in water. Deals 7% damage.
Back Throw (Fairy Wind): Smeargle summons a wind to blow the enemy behind it. 18% damage.
Up Throw (Eruption): Smeargle fires a jet of flame upwards, and tosses the opponent into it. Does 9%
Down Throw (Power Whip): Smeargle traps the opponent in a giant vine, spins it around, and then drops it in front of Smeargle. 7%.
Neutral B (Sketch): Smeargle swipes his tail at the enemy, doing 1% damage. The next B move Smeargle uses will be copied from the hit opponent.
Side B (Zen Headbutt): Smeargle charges at the enemy, covered in psychic energy.
Up B (Discharge): Smeargle rockets upwards, firing a lightning bolt below him. The lightning bolt deals a lot of damage and can meteor smash opponents.
Down B (Sludge Bomb): Smeargle fires a bomb of filth, which has a big explosion radius.
Final Smash (Judgment): Smeargle summons Arceus, who makes balls of rainbow energy come from all sides of the screen.

Signature Icons

Supporters List
Tepig2000, Game&Watcher, SuperBrawler, Fortanono, Souless_shadow

Groose

Smash Champion
Sketch is an awesome move to have. It would work well in Smash... if the developers were willing to put in a TON of effort to make it work.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Looks like a Pokémon counterpart to Kirby's copy ability. :p

That reminds me...

We do need a Smash-style game featuring ONLY pokémon. Then Smeargle would cover the same niche as Kirby in that game.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
So... what you guys think about my moveset? If any of you want, make a moveset, pallet swaps or anything else and I will add them.

Groose

Smash Champion
I do believe that you should try to work Spore into your moveset somewhere. It's one of the moves that people always have Smeargle learn.

The moveset is solid as is, though.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I can't even imagine the nightmares that would come to Sakurai if he tried to make a moveset out of every Pokemon move...but I kind of like it, too. xD

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
What if he tried to make a moveset for every Pokemon? :troll:
Then all evolutions would be slower, stronger and heavier versions of their pre-evolutions. Then, instead of 649 movesets (more if counting alternate forms) he would need about 400-500 movesets. It would be easier.

I do believe that you should try to work Spore into your moveset somewhere. It's one of the moves that people always have Smeargle learn.

The moveset is solid as is, though.
I updated the main post with your idea, thanks for suggesting this.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
What a funny thing: Smeargle is actually in my top 30 most wanted characters (but he's dead last at #30 since I see his chances are nonexistent.) My moveset for him was his B Neutral, B Forward, B Up, & B Down were all Sketch: he'd slap an opponent with his tail with 1% damage and copies the opponent's move depeding on the input (like for Mario, if he did Neutral B, it'll be Fireball and if he did Up B, it'll be Super Jump Punch). But that sounds severely complicated to code/make but I can dream right?

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
What a funny thing: Smeargle is actually in my top 30 most wanted characters (but he's dead last at #30 since I see his chances are nonexistent.) My moveset for him was his B Neutral, B Forward, B Up, & B Down were all Sketch: he'd slap an opponent with his tail with 1% damage and copies the opponent's move depeding on the input (like for Mario, if he did Neutral B, it'll be Fireball and if he did Up B, it'll be Super Jump Punch). But that sounds severely complicated to code/make but I can dream right?
Could I add that idea to the main post?

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
B: Swipes in front of him with brush. Copies B move from hit enemy for rest of the game
Toward B: Dashes forward and swipes with brush. Copies side B from hit enemy for rest of match.
Down B: Twirls with brush tail hitting on both sides. Copies down B from hit enemy for rest of match.
Up B: Spins tail tip above him like a helicopter which lifts him up. Copies Up B from hit enemy for rest of game.

In multiplayer you can create a special-custom character from the enemies you are fighting.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
{collapse="use square brackets}Smeargle is awesome{/collapse}

[collapse="Use square [ ]"] Smeargle is awesome[/collapse]
Thanks guy!

B: Swipes in front of him with brush. Copies B move from hit enemy for rest of the game
Toward B: Dashes forward and swipes with brush. Copies side B from hit enemy for rest of match.
Down B: Twirls with brush tail hitting on both sides. Copies down B from hit enemy for rest of match.
Up B: Spins tail tip above him like a helicopter which lifts him up. Copies Up B from hit enemy for rest of game.

In multiplayer you can create a special-custom character from the enemies you are fighting.
I will add this to the OP!

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
I support this idea, even if I think Pokemon already has too many characters in Smash.
I dont think there's too many. There's a lot, but Pokémon is the second best-selling game franchise in the world, the only one that sells more is Mario. It makes sense to have a lot of Pokémon.

EddyBearr

Smash Lord
I dont think there's too many. There's a lot, but Pokémon is the second best-selling game franchise in the world, the only one that sells more is Mario. It makes sense to have a lot of Pokémon.
Unfortunately, there's a lot of Pokemon out there too. :(

I think Smeargle would be an awesome Pokebal Pokemon! Kinda like Clefairy/Togepi with Metronome, except instead of random, Smeargle does whatever the last Pokeball Pokemon did.

If there was no Pokeball Pokemon before him (he was first,) then he can.. idk.. Shrug and feel bad.

He'd also be a cool character but I don't think there's a solid chance for that. A Smeargle Cameo is highly deserved, though.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Smeargle, as an Assist Trophy, can do a random playable character's Final Smash.

Fortanono

Smash Ace
Smeargle is one of my favorite Pokémon, but it's highly unlikely he'll get in. If he does, it would be really cool though. Add me to the list of supporters.

Souless_shadow

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3609-1166-4956
I fully support this idea! I have always loved smeargle since I was a little kid and played pokemon for the first time!

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
I support this idea, even if I think Pokemon already has too many characters in Smash.
Smeargle is one of my favorite Pokémon, but it's highly unlikely he'll get in. If he does, it would be really cool though. Add me to the list of supporters.
I fully support this idea! I have always loved smeargle since I was a little kid and played pokemon for the first time!
Added all of you to the supporters list.

Fortanono

Smash Ace
BTW, I have a full moveset for Smeargle, complete with names for every move.

AAA (Tail Whip): Smeargle whacks the opponent with his tail repeatedly. Does 3%, then 2%, then alternates 1% and 2%.
Dash Attack (Petal Dance): Smeargle charges at the opponent, covered in petals. Does 12% damage.
F-Tilt (Crunch): Smeargle makes fangs appear in front of him, and bites down. Does 14% damage.
D-Tilt (Low Sweep): Smeargle crouches and sweeps his foot in front of him. Does 9%, can cause tripping.
F-Smash (Ember): Smeargle chucks a small fireball at the opponent. Does 16% damage.
U-Smash (Stone Edge): Smeargle spins upwards with a pointed stone being held above it. Deals 18% damage.
D-Smash (Night Shade): Smeargle summons shadow energy to come up from the ground. Deals 21% damage.
Fair (Dragon Claw): Smeargle swipes his claws at the opponent while they are covered in blue energy. Deals 17% damage.
Bair (Iron Tail): Smeargle swings his tail backwards as it is covered in metal. Deals 16%.
Dair (Earth Power): Smeargle plummets downwards, damaging anyone he touches. 12% damage.
Pummel (Struggle Bug): Smeargle shoots a weak powder at the opponent. Does 2% damage.
Forward Throw (Aqua Tail): Smeargle throws the opponent behind him, then catapults it forward with his tail while the tail is covered in water. Deals 7% damage.
Back Throw (Fairy Wind): Smeargle summons a wind to blow the enemy behind it. 18% damage.
Up Throw (Eruption): Smeargle fires a jet of flame upwards, and tosses the opponent into it. Does 9%
Down Throw (Power Whip): Smeargle traps the opponent in a giant vine, spins it around, and then drops it in front of Smeargle. 7%.
Neutral B (Sketch): Smeargle swipes his tail at the enemy, doing 1% damage. The next B move Smeargle uses will be copied from the hit opponent.
Side B (Zen Headbutt): Smeargle charges at the enemy, covered in psychic energy.
Up B (Discharge): Smeargle rockets upwards, firing a lightning bolt below him. The lightning bolt deals a lot of damage and can meteor smash opponents.
Down B (Sludge Bomb): Smeargle fires a bomb of filth, which has a big explosion radius.
Final Smash (Judgment): Smeargle summons Arceus, who makes balls of rainbow energy come from all sides of the screen.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
BTW, I have a full moveset for Smeargle, complete with names for every move.

Thanks guy!

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
Sorry for the double post, but I noticed that I should ask for more arguments and counters. The one here was just copied and pasted from a Pokémon site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom