• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
Good day, everyone. I have a WiiU, therefore have access to Miiverse, so I'll keep you guys up to date with the Daily photos Sakurai posts!

Most Recent Photo

February 2014

2/13/2014 - Update 2

Pic of the day. From Punch-out!!, our boxing challenger Little Mac joins the battle!! To get a glimpse of his fearsome punches, check out the newest video or visit the official web site.
  • His biggest feature is his Power Meter. When this gets charged up, his standard special move changes! It turns into a one-hit-K.O. uppercut.

2/13/2014 - Update 1

Pic of the day. Tomorrow is Valentine's Day...and the day the new Nintendo Direct airs! It will stream in Japan at 7 AM so it's going to be a very early morning for us...!

2/12/2014

2/11/2014

2/10/2014

2/7/2014

2/6/2014

2/5/2014

2/4/2014

2/3/2014

January 2014

1/31/2014

• Lucario joined the battle for the first time in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, which was released six years ago. The production staff of Brawl worked really hard to expand the character roster--without their efforts, Lucario probably never would have joined the battle.

1/30/2014

1/29/2014

Pic of the day. You can find this statue of the Goddess of Light in one of the stages. She's watching over the arena.

1/28/2014

1/27/2014

1/24/2014

Pic of the day. When Toon Link joins the battle, Alfonzo is in charge of the train. Alfonzo: "Leave it to me!"

1/23/2014

Pic of the day. This is definitely not a friendly girls night out…

1/22/2014

Pic of the day. There are many changes being made to attack and defense options for grabbing edges. In this picture, Link is actually trumping Mario's grab.
  • Some other changes include: -Air time and accumulated damage will determine your period of invincibility while hanging on an edge. -Grab controls will no longer be affected by whether you have above or below 100% damage.

1/21/2014

Pic of the day. This is the Luma Shot, which highlights the different ways to control your Luma. You can switch between controlling the Luma alongside Rosalina or away from her.
  • Today is the 15th Anniversary of the launch of the first Super Smash Bros. There may be some players out there who played it on the Nintendo 64 as kids that have grown into adults.

January 20, 2014

January 17, 2014

January 16, 2014

January 15, 2014

January 14, 2014

January 13, 2014

January 10, 2014

January 9, 2014

January 8, 2014
"Pic of the day. The ropes surrounding the ring. You can actually use the stretchiness of the ropes to do a spring jump. However, you can't pull on them to launch yourself sideways in a lariat attack though."
-Masahiro Sakurai

January 7, 2014
"Pic of the day. Zelda's strong side attack. It's a slash attack that utilizes her magic to make even a simple slash look sharp."
-Masahiro Sakurai

January 6, 2014
"Happy New Year! Pic of the day. There will be trophies in the 3DS and Wii U games, and each version will boast different types and models. The 3DS trophies will be mainly from handhelds and the Wii U version will feature trophies from the home-console games."
-Masahiro Sakurai

December 2013

December 27, 2013

"The pic of the day that runs Monday through Friday will be on break starting Dec. 27. I'll be back on Jan. 6, so I hope everyone has a happy new year!!"
-Masahiro Sakurai

December 26, 2013

"Pic of the day. To celebrate the launch of The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds in Japan, Zelda joins the battle!! It's great to see so many female characters this time around."
-Masahiro Sakurai

December 25, 2013

"Pic of the day. Yellow characters."
Masahiro Sakurai

December 24, 2013

"Pic of the day. Happy Holidays! Here's a new 3DS stage--Rainbow Road! It can't be explained in one picture, but it's going to be a cruise-type stage."
-Masahiro Sakurai

December 23, 2013

"Pic of the day. Rosalina's got height! She is seriously tall! However, she boasts an anti-gravity effect, so she's very light."
-Masahiro Sakurai

December 20, 2013

"Pic of the day. A Luma becomes a star. Lumas are tough, but can also be blown away. Luckily, there's an infinite number of them."
-Masahiro Sakurai

December 19, 2013

"Pic of the day. Rosalina and Luma can be right by each other or set farther apart. They're both controlled by the player, so a smash attack can be done from far off. Remote control all the way!"
-Masahiro Sakurai

December 18, 2013

"Without further ado, a new fighter from a faraway galaxy joins the battle! The video is also a must-see!"
-Masahiro Sakurai

"Pic of the day. N-now wait a second, let's talk this through! We don't wanna miss today's Nintendo Direct, right?"
-Masahiro Sakurai

December 17, 2013

"Pic of the day. In the train stage, the rear car can change during battle. It'll detach and move backward, so be careful! This pic features the Linebeck Trading Company, which is being transported for some reason."
-Masahiro Sakurai

December 16, 2013

"Pic of the day. Uh-oh, someone's observing from afar. That's no good. The Yellow Devil will come flying in from the background."
-Masahiro Sakurai

December 13, 2013

"Pic of the Day. The breed of the Nintendogs Assist Trophy has changed to a French Bulldog. It looks so real! Tell me that doesn't bring a smile to your face."
-Masahiro Sakurai

December 12, 2013

"Pic of the day. Dismantle! Unite!! Yellow Devil!!!"
-Masahiro Sakurai

December 11, 2013

"Pic of the day. Yar, I wants to watch some o' that Smash action, too, ye great beast!"
-Masahiro Sakurai

December 10, 2013

"Pic of the day. There weren't a lot of people who used the Shield Breaker to break people's shields, so we've now made it much more powerful. This pic is from immediately after a shield break."
-Masahiro Sakurai

December 9, 2013

"Pic of the day. Q: "Is this a Steel Diver?" A: "Yes, indeed, that is a Steel Diver." The sub from Steel Diver is now a cute projectile weapon--it launches torpedoes that fly slowly at first."
-Masahiro Sakurai

December 6, 2013

"Pic of the day. Here's a new Assist Trophy--the Skull Kid! I repeat, it's an Assist Trophy, not a new fighter. The characters announced on the website are the fighters!"
-Masahiro Sakurai

December 5, 2013

"Pic of the day. The Villager's special attack, the Lloid Rocket, is a projectile weapon like no other--you can either launch it or ride on it. When you fire it off, keep pressing the button to hop aboard--you can even control its speed. It's more powerful when you're riding it."
-Masahiro Sakurai

December 4, 2013

"Pic of the day. Excuse me, sir--a little help with the ball? There was once a game called Mega Man Soccer, by the way."
-Masahiro Sakurai

December 3, 2013

"Pic of the day. Pop quiz! Who is this monster, and where is it from? The cage may serve as a hint."
-Masahiro Sakurai

December 2, 2013

"Pic of the day. Turnips are used in the Villager's up-air and down-air attacks. Perhaps because the turnip prices fluctuate depending on the day's market, the number of turnips that appear changes every time. How cute."
-Masahiro Sakurai

November 2013

November 29, 2013

"Pic of the day. A red-black effect now appears when you're hit by a strong blow. It'll only appear when you have high damage, so when you see this you're in trouble--and you're probably about to get KO'd!"
-Masahiro Sakurai

November 28, 2013

"Pic of the day. A Dark Train goes full-steam ahead."
-Masahiro Sakurai

November 27, 2013

"Pic of the day. Sonic, failure."
-Masahiro Sakurai

November 26, 2013

"Pic of the day. Here's the new edition of the Ray Gun. The Smash Bros. mark appears backward because it acts like a stamp. We design the Ray Gun carefully each time to ensure it doesn't look like a real gun."
-Masahiro Sakurai

November 25, 2013

"Pic of the day. I see some familiar faces."
-Masahiro Sakurai

November 22, 2013

"Pic of the day. (The back of my neck sure feels warm...)"
-Masahiro Sakurai

November 21, 2013

"Pic of the day. Super Mario 3D World is out today in Japan! To commemorate the occasion I had these four…people(?) come together in a group shot."
-Masahiro Sakurai

November 20, 2013

"Pic of the day. The giant wind mill in the right-hand side of Windy Hill. It keeps on turning even though it can't fit in the screen, so you'll find yourself in trouble if you're on it for too long."
-Masahiro Sakurai

November 19, 2013

"Pic of the day. Here's Marth, the sleepyhead."
-Masahiro Sakurai

November 18, 2013

"Pic of the day. Starship Mario floats up high in the Mario Galaxy stage. Lubba is on board as well."
-Masahiro Sakurai

November 15, 2013

"Pic of the day. A new stage, Mario Galaxy!! The pull of gravity emanates from the center of the planet, so this will require using brand-new tactics."
-Masahiro Sakurai

"Here's what happens when you stand by the edges. Vertical jumps and getting hit upward will shoot you up diagonally."
-Masahiro Sakurai

November 14, 2013

"Pic of the day. The characters' thick outlines are only available in the 3DS version. Only the external outline is thickened and won't appear in instances like when the hands or feet are overlapping. It's got a softness to it and is not just black."
-Masahiro Sakurai

November 13, 2013

"Pic of the day. The Villager's bug catching net that was shown in the movie is actually a grapple move. It is sort of like Link's Clawshot and Samus's Grapple Beam."
-Masahiro Sakurai

November 12, 2013

"Pic of the day. Marth's sword has a powerful tip! So we gave his sword slashes a sharp look with an emphasis on its edge."
-Masahiro Sakurai

November 11, 2013

"Pic of the day. Here are the familiar capsules--these guys deserve a prize for being in every single game. We gave them a cute redesign by shortening their length a bit."
-Masahiro Sakurai

November 8, 2013

"Pic of the day. We gave Marth a full makeover, giving him design elements from Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and newer games."
-Masahiro Sakurai

November 7, 2013

"Pic of the day. Marth joins the battle!! Once again, everyone will be overwhelmed by his magnificent sword skills!!"
-Masahiro Sakurai

November 6, 2013

"Pic of the day. Link's downward strike was designed to change to a Meteor Smash when the tip of the sword is aligned just right at the start. However, it will be removed if it's deemed too powerful overall after some multiplayer play tests."
-Masahiro Sakurai

November 5, 2013

"Photo strip of the day. Plant it, water it, and then timber! It's high maintenance but totally worth the effort! It needs tactics like never before."
-Masahiro Sakurai

November 4. 2013

"Pic of the day. Is this a spaceship from Hocotate? No-this is a bomb SHAPED like a spaceship. After liftoff, it will drop down when you least expect it."
-Masahiro Sakurai

November 1, 2013

"Pic of the day. Kid Icarus: Uprising is now available for download via eShop in Japan. By the way, we gave a makeover to Pit's pose when he's shooting his bow and arrow so it looks sharper. Do note that all images are still in development. This and past pics may be different from the finished product. Thanks for understanding."
-Masahiro Sakurai

October 2013

October 31, 2013

"Pic of the day. The trial version of Wii Fit U is available now! We'd like to share this pic to commemorate the occasion."
-Masahiro Sakurai

October 30, 2013

"Pic of the day. Is it just me or do I smell something beastly...?"
-Masahiro Sakurai

October 29, 2013

"Pic of the day. Let's try out the obstacle course today!"
-Masahiro Sakurai

October 28, 3013

"Pic of the day. The graphical differences of the Spin Attacks are clear. The way they hit are actually very different, too."
-Masahiro Sakurai

October 25, 2013

"Pic of the day. This one marks the 100th pic of the day! Without further ado, I'd like to introduce Luigi as he adjusts his nose. Hope you enjoy!"
-Masahiro Sakurai

October 24, 2013

"Pic of the day. Sonic: Lost Worlds is out in Japan today! The Windy Hill area can also be seen in Super Smash Bros. for WiiU... but I can't tell you all the details yet!"
-Masahiro Sakurai

October 23, 2013

"Pic of the day. I've got this strange growth on my back lately--- which should be impossible, since I'm a robot."
-Masahiro Sakurai

October 22, 2013

"Pic of the day. Flying through rings actually requires careful maneuvering so um... would you mind getting off?"
-Masahiro Sakurai

October 21, 2013

"Pic of the day.What a great sound a Meteor Smash make when it slams on an opponent! ...Which, I'm sure, you can't tell by the picture."
-Masahiro Sakurai

October 18, 2013

"Pic of the day. We have absolutely nothing to announce today regarding Pokemon X and Pokemon Y! Really!"
-Masahiro Sakurai

October 17, 2013

"Pic of the day. Looks like your teeth are cavity free, huh?"
-Masahiro Sakurai

October 16, 2013

"Pic of the day. A panoramic view of Skyloft, a location that we've seen since the first announcement of the game. You fight landing on the various platforms."
-Masahiro Sakurai

October 15, 2013

"Pic of the day. Surpass the speed of sound! Be a star!"
-Masahiro Sakurai

October 14, 2013

"Pic of the day. Stages like this one are often found in the New Super Mario Bros. series. It means trouble."
-Masahiro Sakurai

October 11, 2013

"Pic of the day. Wii Fit Trainer is flexible even while sleeping."
-Masahiro Sakurai

October 10, 2013

"Pic of the day. The shield that can deflect things with a little "clunk!" is still here. There's a slight reaction to the impact this time, so brace yourself."
-Masahiro Sakurai

October 9, 2013

"Pic of the day. If it's just a missile, a sword can slice it right up. Of course, you can also use your bare hands."
-Masahiro Sakurai

October 8, 2013

"Pic of the day. Sonic's standard attack is also knows as PPK. He finishes off his move with a side kick."
-Masahiro Sakurai

October 7, 2013

"Pic of the day. Here's a close-up of Fox McCloud's Blaster. It can open up."
-Masahiro Sakurai

October 4, 2013

"Pic of the day. The joint trio as co-stars. Who is the strongest of them all?"
-Masahiro Sakurai

October 3, 2013

"Pic of the day. Excuse me, but I didn't just hear you say "Sonic joins the battle," did I?"
-Masahiro Sakurai

October 2, 2013

"Pic of the day. Let's compete on the jump springs!Those springs can also shoot out fighters into the air."
-Masahiro Sakurai

October 1, 2013

"A REAL pic of the day. Our guest, Sonic the Hedgehog, joins the battle! We also released a short video clip."
-Masahiro Sakurai

"Pic of the day. The Warrior pose. It's not necessary to point that finger."
-Masahiro Sakurai

September 2013

September 30, 2013

"Pic of the day. The two heroes swing it out with a double Spin Attack! Wouldn't wanna be the one to get hit."
-Masahiro Sakurai

September 27, 2013

"Pic of the day. Excuse me sir, did you happen to drop this bomb?"
-Masahiro Sakurai

September 26, 2013

"Pic of the day. Toon Link joins the battle!! Just look at those innocent cat-eyes! The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD is out in Japan today!"
-Masahiro Sakurai

September 25, 2013

"Pic of the day. Luigi's jump now has him paddling his legs. His vertical leap is undoubtedly high!"
-Masahiro Sakurai

September 24, 2013

"Pic of the day. The ring is for whom?"
-Masahiro Sakurai

September 23, 2013

"Pic of the day. The speed and power of Samus's charge shot has been drastically improved. However, that could potentially put her in danger on occasion."
-Masahiro Sakurai

September 20, 2013

"Pic of the day. Pardon us for a sec! Hop!
-Masahiro Sakurai

September 19, 2013

"Pic of the day. By any chance, are you hiding something from me?"
-Masahiro Sakurai

September 18, 2013

"Pic of the day. Inside the corridor along one of the walls in Pyrosphere, a view that's not really visible in-game. You can't tell from the picture, but it's actually a gigantic open space."
-Masahiro Sakurai

September 17, 2013

"Pic of the day. The ladies compare their heights."
-Masahiro Sakurai

September 16, 2013

"Pic of the day. Here's a 3DS version of Captain Olimar and an upside down Link."
-Masahiro Sakurai

September 13, 2013

"Pic of the day. Here comes my Mario... NOT!"
-Masahiro Sakurai

September 12, 2013

"Pic of the day. Peach joins the battle! We've added 10 new pictures of her on the website, but keep in mind that the game is still in development. Her moves may be refreshed by the time the games are released."
-Masahiro Sakurai

September 11, 2013

"Pic of the day. The Pyrosphere viewed from above. The Morph Ball is also based on the one from Metroid: Other M."
-Masahiro Sakurai

September 10, 2013

"Pic of the day. Isn't Kirby drawn with a familiar artsy style?"
-Masahiro Sakurai

September 9, 2013

"Pic of the day. Nothing to see here-- Just another airplane passing right above town with people fighting on it."
-Masahiro Sakurai

September 6, 2013

"Pic of the day. Although it'll deal Pit some damage, Thunder Jolt isn't powerful enough to stop the Upperdash Arm!"
-Masahiro Sakurai

September 5, 2013

"Pic of the day. An encounter in the middle of a marathon?"
-Masahiro Sakurai

September 4, 2013

"Pic of the day. His sliding move was originally used to slide under tight spaces."
-Masahiro Sakurai

September 3, 2013

"Pic of the day. The Villager has two balloons. They can be popped one at a time."
-Masahiro Sakurai

September 2, 2013

"Pic of the day. Mario Bros., your days are numbered. Donkey Kong's current build is super strong... but we'll be looking at the battle records when balancing out the characters, so nobody knows how he'll turn out in the end."
-Masahiro Sakurai

August 2013

August 30, 2013

"Pic of the day. Same name, yet completely different move. Mega Man's Charge Shot is a chargeable side smash attack."
-Masahiro Sakurai

August 29, 2013

"Pic of the day. Link finishes off his move as Kirby dances."
-Masahiro Sakurai

August 28, 2013

"Pic of the day. A panoramic view of Wuhu Island. The stage flies around the right-hand side of the mountain."
-Masahiro Sakurai

August 27, 2013

"Pic of the day. A Reset Bomb has gone off! It's meant to turn the surrounding area back to nature."
-Masahiro Sakurai

August 26, 2013

"Ahem. Do you mind not touching my nose?"
-Masahiro Sakurai

August 23, 2013

"Pic of the day. New and old planes make a miraculous rendezvous."
-Masahiro Sakurai

August 22, 2013

"Pic of the day. Wii Fit Trainer knocks in a header. This lethal move is based off of one of the Wii Fit Balance Games."
-Masahiro Sakurai

August 21, 2013

"Pic of the day. I guess I haven't shown the Villager or the Wii Fit Trainer on the 3DS until now. By the way, their outlines can be made thinner or made to disappear completely."
-Masahiro Sakurai

August 20, 2013

"Pic of the day. Out of the blue, here's a new stage--the Pyrosphere from Metroid: Other M! An enemy from Samus's past may appear at any second."
-Masahiro Sakurai

August 19, 2013

"Pic of the day. Right back atcha! (everyone can do this)"
-Masahiro Sakurai

August 16, 2013

"Pic of the day. Here's the X Bomb from Kid Icarus: Uprising. Not to be mistaken for the one from Meteos."
-Masahiro Sakurai

August 15, 2013

"Pic of the day. Isn't it a bit early to be worn out?"
-Masahiro Sakurai

August 14, 2013

"Pic of the day. Takeoff!"
-Masahiro Sakurai

August 13, 2013

"Pic of the day. A BOMB!"
-Masahiro Sakurai

August 12, 2013

"Pic of the day. A big fire breaks out in Gerudo Valley.
Epona, help!"
-Masahiro Sakurai

August 9, 2013

"Pic of the day. Oh well..."
-Masahiro Sakurai

August 8, 2013

"Pic of the day.
Take a deep breath..."
-Masahiro Sakurai

August 7, 2013

"A REAL pic of the day--Luigi joins the battle! In prior games, we've never introduced Luigi before release, but why not? This is the "Year of Luigi," after all."
-Masahiro Sakurai

"Pic of the day. Two that are actually not so tall. Kirby's about 8 inches high, Captain Olimar maybe a little over an inch."
-Masahiro Sakurai

August 6, 2013

"Pic of the day.
This island looks familiar!"
-Masahiro Sakurai

August 5, 2013

"Pic of the day. A mysterious warrior appears!"
-Masahiro Sakurai

August 2, 2013

"Pic of the day. Mega Upper vs. Super Jump Punch."
-Masahiro Sakurai

August 1, 2013

"Pic of the day. Come on out, Cragalanche! (Not really)."
-Masahiro Sakurai

July 2013

July 31, 2013

"Pic of the day. Dazed..."
-Masahiro Sakurai

July 30, 2013

"Pic of the day. It's easy to overlook town scenery while battling."
-Masahiro Sakurai

July 29, 2013

"Pic of the day. Let's stretch our backs."
-Masahiro Sakurai

July 26, 2013

"Pic of the day. The impact-launch effect has been powered up. The assigned color makes it clear which player will get points in the event of a KO."
-Masahiro Sakauri

July 25, 2013

"Pic of the day. The tin lift somehow leaves a lasting impression."
-Masahiro Sakurai

July 24, 2013

"Pic of the day. Right back atcha!"
-Masahiro Sakurai

July 23, 2013

"Pic of the day.
Viridi, Goddess of Nature, is about to obliterate the humans as they battle, driven by greed."
-Masahiro Sakurai

July 22, 2013

"Pic of the day.
Close-up of the whistle and the Hocotate Freight logo."
-Masahiro Sakurai

July 19, 2013

"Pic of the day.
Is that... a boy riding a gyroid?!"
-Masahiro Sakurai

July 18, 2013

"Pic of the day.
The fleeting lives of tiny creatures."
-Masahiro Sakurai

July 17, 2013

"Pic of the day.
Treasure found!"
-Masahiro Sakurai

July 16, 2013

"Pic of the day.
Beware the double attack!"
-Masahiro Sakurai

July 15, 2013

"Pic of the day.
The S.S. Drake from planet Koppai arrives at the Garden of Hope."
-Masahiro Sakurai

July 12, 2013

"Pic of the day.
Pikmin & Captain Olimar have landed!
Congrats on the launch of Pikmin 3 in Japan!"
-Masahiro Sakurai

July 11, 2013

"Pic of the day.
A transforming view of the Mega Buster."
-Masahiro Sakurai

July 10, 2013

"Pic of the day.
Mysterious solar power."
-Masahiro Sakurai

July 9, 2013

"Pic of the day.
This shows a traveling stage in the moment just after Bowser got blasted from below in the first trailer."
-Masahiro Sakurai

July 8,2013

"Pic of the day.
The reflective shields of the Guardian Orbitars have patterns on them."

July 5, 2013

"Pic of the day.
Adorable!"
-Masahiro Sakurai

July 4, 2013

"Pic of the day.
This stage appears in a Puzzle Swap panel."
-Masahiro Sakurai

July 3, 2013

"Pic of the day.
This pic says it all."
-Masahiro Sakurai

July 2, 2013

"Pic of the day.
New combatants join the fray."
-Masahiro Sakurai

July 1, 2013

"Pic of the day. The Yellow Devil appeared in the first Mega Man game but...?"
-Masahiro Sakurai

June 2013

June 28,2013

"Pic of the day."
-Masahiro Sakurai

June 27, 2013

"Pic of the day."
-Masahiro Sakurai

June 26, 2013

"Pic of the day."
-Masahiro Sakurai

June 25, 2013

"Pic of the day."
-Masahiro Sakurai

June 24, 2013

"Pic of the day."
-Masahiro Sakurai

June 21, 2012

"Pic of the day."
-Masahiro Sakurai

June 20. 2013

"Pic of the day."
-Masahiro Sakurai

June 19, 2013

"Pic of the day."
-Masahiro Sakurai

June 18, 2013

"Pic of the day."
-Masahiro Sakurai

June 17, 2013

"Pic of the day."
-Masahiro Sakurai

June 14, 2013

"Pic of the day."
-Masahiro Sakurai

June 13, 2013

"Here's the artwork: Wii Fit Trainer Weighs in. The Tree Pose.
The person in red, his hands aren't reaching all the way."
-Masahiro Sakurai

"Pic of the Day."
-Masahiro Sakurai

June 12, 2013

"The artwork for "Mega Man joins the battle" is by Higurashi of CAPCOM.
I'd love to ask people who has something to do with the characters as much as possible."
-Masahiro Sakurai

"We have made artwork for new characters joining the battle.
Here's one for the Villager. Isabelle must be surprised."
-Masahiro Sakurai

June 11, 2013

"Picture of the Day.
I'll be posting pictures of the game taken from my desk about five days a week."
-Masahiro Sakurai

"Her moves are based off fitness excercises. Move your body. Let's try it together."
-Masahiro Sakurai

"Mega Man 2 seems to be the most popular, so many of his moves are from that game."
-Masahiro Sakurai

Last edited by a moderator:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
This is a good idea for a thread but it really should be moved to the general SSB4 discussion forum.

PlayerOneTyler

This is a good idea for a thread but it really should be moved to the general SSB4 discussion forum.
As I said in my first post, there are two of those, so I posted here instead. If a mod thinks it should be moved, they can go ahead and move it.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I've moved this thread to the Super Smash Bros. U General Discussion forum. If you want to cover 3DS screenshots as well, make a new thread in the Super Smash Bros. 3D General Discussion forum.

Basically, this thread would be for the Wii U screenshots only.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
So judging from today's picture, some of the pictures are going to be artwork. That's interesting. I was expecting only screenshots. This increases the possibility of new character being shown on the Miiverse at some point down the line, in my opinion, since it would be kinda weird to introduce a character with just a screenshot.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Just a few photos every day? Interesting info. Would be weird to include old and new fighters that way instead of the dojo.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I would love to have a picture everyday if it shows something new, even if incredibly little, a stupid detail like a part of the main menu.
Dojo in the end ruined the experience to me since I knew everything about Brawl when I bought it.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I think this should be stickied since not everyone has a Wii U and can't access the updates.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Miiverse can be accessed via internet I think

My understanding is that you need a Wii U to create the relevant username.

I kind of want this thread to be stickied and set to administrator only posting so there'll be a simple archive of the posted photos.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
But I think you need a Nintendo Network account, though.
Even only to read? To post and yeah obviously, but I think you can see everything.
Anyway it's not really a problem, people who can access it will simply copy and paste everything to other people to see.

Hickory

Smash Cadet
I'm sure the photo updates will reveal items and stages. It's an easier way of doing the dojo blog.

PlayerOneTyler

There was a second photo today, but it was only the artwork for Mega Man joins the battle. Check it out in the first post! I also spoiler tagged the photos so the first post doesn't stretch the page.

PlayerOneTyler

I'm not sure.
Are the images being added based on Japan time?
Because I think this Megaman artwork is from the 13rd already.
I'm not sure. The most recent two were only 18 hours apart, and the first two were like 16 hours apart. It would be easier to tell if it were more consistant. Also, isn't Sakurai still in California?

SmashKing201

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, so if these screenshots & artworks were posted separately, then I'm assuming that they will be posted in random times of the day instead of a specific time.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
It's crazy to think that now Sakurai can update these things via his mobile phone (which we couldn't do very well back in 2007), and yet it's been a "normal" thing for 5 years, yet it wasn't before Brawl was released. Now that this is a normal thing, this has got to make it loads easier, quicker, and more enjoyable for Sakurai to do these kind of things, especially without having to do write ups for each character and whatnot, and just relying on visuals and whatnot.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Consider the thread watched. Looking forward to new goods soon.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
The website has just gotten a new front page picture of Wii Fit Trainer, not sure if it's on Miiverse.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
That pretty much means there are updates coming. We should be ready for more.

PlayerOneTyler

Added three new photos. One for today, and two for two days ago that I didn't see. They're all things we've seen already.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Should this page be a sticky next to the Smash Website Updates?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I noticed those pics on the site already, but I didn't notice those colors were characters til now.
*looks at the blue one* Hey Pit! <3

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I'd like to second the sticky request for this topic. As E3 dies down and these become our only source of official information, this is quickly going to become the most important topic in the forum if properly updated (and if not, I'm sure someone else will step up to do a replacement topic, but iDOWN is doing a good job so far). Since it's something we'd be wanting to quickly reference, having it at the top would be very useful.

I'd also like to make a suggestion to iDOWN. Add the date of the update to the topic title and change it every time you put in new pictures. That way people browsing the forum will be able to quickly see if you've put something new up yet. Something like
Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Jun.13)

The clarification that this is for the Wii U version seems unnecessary given the location on the Wii U board, not to mention the fact that I'm not entirely sure if there even is a separate 3DS Miiverse receiving updates (if I had to guess, I'd speculate that we'll get pictures from both versions at random, and since characters are shared between games, all pictures are relevant for both versions).

PlayerOneTyler

I'd like to second the sticky request for this topic. As E3 dies down and these become our only source of official information, this is quickly going to become the most important topic in the forum if properly updated (and if not, I'm sure someone else will step up to do a replacement topic, but iDOWN is doing a good job so far). Since it's something we'd be wanting to quickly reference, having it at the top would be very useful.

I'd also like to make a suggestion to iDOWN. Add the date of the update to the topic title and change it every time you put in new pictures. That way people browsing the forum will be able to quickly see if you've put something new up yet. Something like
Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Jun.13)

The clarification that this is for the Wii U version seems unnecessary given the location on the Wii U board, not to mention the fact that I'm not entirely sure if there even is a separate 3DS Miiverse receiving updates (if I had to guess, I'd speculate that we'll get pictures from both versions at random, and since characters are shared between games, all pictures are relevant for both versions).
I do plan to continuously update the topic until the release. I may not be the fastest always, but I will definitely continue to update.

And fair enough. I guess the title is a little redundant. I'll change it accordingly.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I do plan to continuously update the topic until the release. I may not be the fastest always, but I will definitely continue to update.

And fair enough. I guess the title is a little redundant. I'll change it accordingly.
Cool.

By the way, thanks for doing this. You're doing a real service to the community, and you're definitely helping me out personally in keeping on top of these updates. I really appreciate it, and judging by some of the other responses, I don't think I'm alone in that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom