• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Pokemon Paparazzi - Todd Snap for Smash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tetra's Tracker

Smash Journeyman
Todd Snap

Here's a random, unnecessary Pokemon thread with a difference - it's not for a Pokemon, it's for a human instead!

Like most humans in the Pokemon world Todd loves nothing more than capturing the poor little creatures... woah PETA, calm down! Put those torches and pitchforks away and let me finish! I don't mean in Pokeballs, I mean on camera! What? That's animal cruelty too? Oh bugger off.

Todd got his big break in 1999 when he starred in Pokemon Snap for N64. He was hired by Professor Oak to aid him in his research on the imaginatively named 'Pokemon Island', an island where the only inhabitants are wild Pokemon. Oak needed Todd's help in compiling his 'Pokemon Report' which studied Pokemon in their natural habitats. Of course Todd's job was to travel around the island photographing all 63 of the native creatures, including the incredibly rare Mew. Pokemon Snap is one of my favourite games ever, this cat really likes it too:

Todd also made an appearance in the anime where he became famous for snapping a pic of the believed to be extinct, Aerodactyl. Todd even traveled with Ash for a few episodes.

Why should Todd be in Smash? I dunno. Because it'd be cool? Oh and because Pokemon Snap is awesome. If that doesn't convince Sakurai to add him I don't know what will. One serious reason is that nearly every other human in the Pokemon world would likely be the same as Pokemon Trainer, just with different Pokemon, Todd however would be different.

How would Todd fight? Surely only taking pictures of Pokemon rather than battling them makes him a total pacifist? Well, don't let PETA know this, but him and Oak weren't averse to resorting to a couple of not-so-gentle methods of getting the pictures they wanted, namely using devices known as Pester Balls which would release poison gas stunning or knocking out any Pokemon they were thrown at. Todd would often also throw apples at Pokemon, one time he knocked a Pokemon into molten lava by throwing an apple at it, just to see what would happen. Todd can be as mean as anyone in the world of Nintendo.

I suppose I need to make a moveset for him? Ugh, fine, here you are:

B - Snap

Simple really, Todd takes a photo with his camera. Unless you're extremely ugly and are forced to live in the sewers you've more than likely had your photo taken a few times in your life. If you have you'd know that cameras have this horrible little feature called 'the flash', which hurts your eyes and virtually blinds you for a few seconds if you're close enough to the camera. Todd uses this to his advantage, if an opponent is close to Todd when he takes a picture they'll take minor damage (with no knockback) and will be stunned for a few seconds leaving them open to attack.

B Up - ZERO ONE

Todd's signature vehicle which he used to traverse Pokemon Island. The vehicle will appear below Todd and it'll hover him upwards for recovery, it'll then disappear. Does about 10% damage with decent knockback if it hovers into anyone.

B Across - Pokemon Food

Todd throws an apple. It does 5% damage if it hits an opponent, it'll then bounce off the opponent and remain on the stage where it'll be edible recovering 3%.

B Down - Pester Ball

Works similar to Link's bombs in that Todd will pull a bomb out and hold it until the player presses where upon he'll throw it. Like Link's bombs it'll explode in Todd's hands if he holds onto it for too long or if he gets hit whilst holding it. It physically hitting an opponent does 3% with no knockback, it'll then bounce off the opponent and explode with the gas doing 7% with decent knockback. The gas will linger at the spot it was released for a while damaging (1% a second) anyone who walks into it.

Final Smash - Poke Flute

Todd will play a funky little tune on his Poke Flute. We'll then hear a colossal yawn, then a huge Snorlax will fall down from the sky (just like he does when released from a Pokeball in previous games). You know how it works, anyone who gets in the way of the falling Snorlax is likely to get OHKO'd.

Here's some other stuff too relating to how he'd work in the game:

Taunts
Up: Does a fist pump and says 'yes!' (same sound effect as the one you hear when you've chosen your photos to present to Oak in Pokemon Snap)
Across: Holds his camera towards the game camera in a triumphant pose.
Down: Sets his tripod up and says 'say cheese!'.

Stage Entry: Flys in in the ZERO ONE

Alt Costume - Anime get up:

Supporter's List
Tetra's Tracker
That cat
FalKoopa
Legendofrob1

Support Icon by FalKoopa

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I absolutely support Todd Snap! Not even kidding.
I played Pokémon Snap on an emulator (sorry) but it was awesome.

Tetra's Tracker

Smash Journeyman
This is lulz, todd snap is clearly the best pokemon rep, he should have got in before pikachu tbh.
I'm sure the only thing that stopped that happening was Pokemon Snap being released after the original Super Smash Bros.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
dude, pokemon snap was the best game ever!if there ends up being one for the Wii U it would be beast!!!!!! sure, add me as a supporter!

also love how you put “that cat” as a supporter.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Forget Todd in smash.

JUST GIVE ME POKEMON SNAP 2 ALREADY!!!!

ajch22

Smash Rookie
Let's give him Frank West's level up gimmick and he'll be top tier

Tetra's Tracker

Smash Journeyman
dude, pokemon snap was the best game ever!if there ends up being one for the Wii U it would be beast!!!!!! sure, add me as a supporter!

also love how you put “that cat” as a supporter.
Although I don't approve of an old man being alone on an island with a young boy and a camera, Pokemon Snap is indeed fantastic. It especially was at the time during the Pokemon craze since it was the first time we got to see Pokemon in full 3D. It's a game that holds a lot of nostalgic value for me since it was the game I got with my N64. It's nice to see people several people (and a cat) on this thread who also love the game, usually when it gets brought up it gets called 'boring' and 'terrible' left, right and centre.

Pokemon Snap 2 is way overdue. Snap is rightly criticised for being so short, only having a few courses and 63 Pokemon, so the thought of how amazing a Pokemon Snap game would be with hundreds of Pokemon to snap and many more courses is tantalising. Being able to explore the island freely as well as on-rails would be interesting too. They can make another Pokemon Trading Card Game game too while they're at it;).

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Pokemon in general was more interesting back when it had more console games. Yes, even the often hated Colosseum and XD. Snap and the Stadium games was more where it was at though. I wonder what the reason was for Snap not ever getting a sequel. Did it not get that much sales or something to warrant having one?

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Pokemon in general was more interesting back when it had more console games. Yes, even the often hated Colosseum and XD. Snap and the Stadium games was more where it was at though. I wonder what the reason was for Snap not ever getting a sequel. Did it not get that much sales or something to warrant having one?
idunno, but everyone agrees that it would be great if there was one for the wii U with the gamepad and everything.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Ah, Pokemon Snap, my first N64 game that was bundled with my Pikachu N64.
The good o'll day's...

Pokemon Snap was also my first Pokemon game, poured many hours into that game with my family. We loved it. :grin:

Whoop's, sorry. I was having a trip down memory lane... Todd would be awesome but I wouldn't hold my breath for him. I would LOVE a brand new Pokemon Snap game though. Now is the great time thanks to the Wii U and 3DS.

Tetra's Tracker

Smash Journeyman
Pokemon Snap actually got impressive sales as well as a good reception from critics and fans, Nintendo marketed the game heavily, most notably with a deal with Blockbuster where booths could be found in stores where people could take their copies of Pokemon Snap and have their pictures printed off. The lack of a sequel is baffling for that reason, perhaps Nintendo didn't think such marketing would work a second time around and weren't confident of a Pokemon Snap game selling without it?
[Collapse=Pokemon Snap booth]
[/collapse]

Ah, Pokemon Snap, my first N64 game that was bundled with my Pikachu N64.
The good o'll day's...

Pokemon Snap was also my first Pokemon game, poured many hours into that game with my family. We loved it. :grin:

Whoop's, sorry. I was having a trip down memory lane... Todd would be awesome but I wouldn't hold my breath for him. I would LOVE a brand new Pokemon Snap game though. Now is the great time thanks to the Wii U and 3DS.
It was a Pikachu N64 my copy of Pokemon Snap came with also, I still have it and still play it very regularly (the N64 has some fantastic games). It's actually one of my most prized possessions.

I know Todd stands no chance whatsoever, this thread's just a bit of fun really.

memememe

Smash Apprentice
Moveset:

B--Take Picture
B Up--Throw Apple
B Side--Throw Pester Ball
B Down--Play Flute
Final Smash: Take Another Picture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom