• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Another Series of Smash Polls (by franchise, Facebook based)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyeforce

Smash Apprentice
Over the last few months, my local StreetPass group has been posting weekly Smash Polls for potential newcomers to encourage discussion of the next Super Smash Bros. game and build excitement for it in our group. Our polls are open to everyone, though, not just the people from our group, and we've already received votes from all over the place, so I figured some people here in the Smash Bros. community may like to participate, too.

All of our polls are posted now, so you can vote in all of them if you'd like. Write-ins are allowed by choosing "Other" and specifying your choice in the comments, and you can vote for "None" in any poll if you'd like, as well.

These polls are Facebook based, so you'll need a Facebook account if you'd like to participate.

If you'd like to vote in our polls, visit the following page to view all of the polls, or click on the images below:
https://www.facebook.com/notes/streetpass-arizona/streetpass-arizona-smash-polls/488861604514584

I'm curious to see how the opinions of this community match up with the current results so far, and how things may change with votes from this community.

Also, we're not really trying to compete with other Smash Bros. polls here. We're just providing our own series of poll in a different format. And, being Facebook based, I think our poll manages to better capture the opinions from the more casual crowd, something that I haven't really seen from previous polls like this.

If this isn't allowed, I apologize and you can lock this thread, but I see that similar polls are posted here so I figured it's worth a shot. :)

Tyeforce

Smash Apprentice
Is it safe to say that Mewtwo should come back?
I certainly think so! He's the perfect newcomer/returning veteran for the Pokémon franchise, I think. Not only is he a popular character that people want back in the game, but with his new forme, he'd be representing Generation VI in a way, too. Though, if his new forme is in the game, I'd imagine it may only be his Final Smash or something, and you'll still be playing as normal Mewtwo like in Melee.

G3TL05T

Smash Cadet
I certainly think so! He's the perfect newcomer/returning veteran for the Pokémon franchise, I think. Not only is he a popular character that people want back in the game, but with his new forme, he'd be representing Generation VI in a way, too. Though, if his new forme is in the game, I'd imagine it may only be his Final Smash or something, and you'll still be playing as normal Mewtwo like in Melee.
That would be awesome

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
I don't really feel like the format of this poll is exactly fair. Why do two series have to share one "most popular newcomer"? The Mother series, for example, will easily be curb-stomped by the Fire Emblem characters simply based on familiarity. Same with F-Zero and Starfox newcomers being trampled by Ridley in the votes. The results become very skewed because of this. To be more fair, you should give each of the series their own boxes, with 'other' series split into 2 or 3.

I'm afraid I don't feel inclined to vote for this otherwise. The other recent, larger poll has pretty much shown that there are already at least 6 absolutely clear winners in your pool of 11 squares. A poll for Mario, Zelda, Kirby/Kid Icarus, Fire Emblem, and Sonic wouldn't be giving us any groundbreaking information.

Tyeforce

Smash Apprentice
I wish I could vote on more than one option. :/
I would have liked to provide that option, but Facebook doesn't allow that, unfortunately.

I don't really feel like the format of this poll is exactly fair. Why do two series have to share one "most popular newcomer"? The Mother series, for example, will easily be curb-stomped by the Fire Emblem characters simply based on familiarity. Same with F-Zero and Starfox newcomers being trampled by Ridley in the votes. The results become very skewed because of this. To be more fair, you should give each of the series their own boxes, with 'other' series split into 2 or 3.

I'm afraid I don't feel inclined to vote for this otherwise. The other recent, larger poll has pretty much shown that there are already at least 6 absolutely clear winners in your pool of 11 squares. A poll for Mario, Zelda, Kirby/Kid Icarus, Fire Emblem, and Sonic wouldn't be giving us any groundbreaking information.
I'm aware of this. But that's not really the point of these polls. We're not looking to create the most accurate polls or anything. This is just for fun. :) We wanted to try making a series of polls like this on Facebook, and we designed them around that; there couldn't be more than 10 answers per question, and excluding 2 for "Other" and "None," that left us with 8 characters per poll. To keep things consistent, we included exactly 8 characters for each poll, and to minimize the number of polls (since we were doing them weekly), we grouped some franchises together that didn't really have as many potential newcomers. We know this isn't the best way to go about it, but there are already plenty of other polls out there that do it better, and we weren't looking to compete. It's just a fun, different alternative. :)

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
argh, why are the yoshi and DK series in one poll? I wanted both Kamek and K.Rool. :(

_aLeX_

Smash Rookie
Is it frankly imaginable to think that Ken or Ryu would be added to the new Smash?

Why not the DBZ characters : it would be cool 8)

Yitsul

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Yitsul
3DS FC
2105-8677-5210
Switch FC
5599 8083 2114
voted in all of them, you're welcome

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Dear Diary

Today I found out facebook is biased against R.O.B for some reason.

hurpa durp. :/

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Nice newcomer list, but the fact that you can't vote for whoever you want, and you pitted franchises against one another is going to really skew any potential votes some characters could have gotten. I mean, I wanted to vote for Dixie, King K. Rool, and Syrup, but I was only allowed to vote for one, so I picked Dixie.

If I were you, I would try to find a way around this via facebook, or post links to another site on facebook.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
It's an awesome concept, and all newcomers are great potential characters mostly. Put you should probably try and post it on another site if you could. The layout is great though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom