• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Mushroom Bandit: Nabbit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366

Because someone had to do it, here's the Nabbit Support thread.

Who's Nabbit
Nabbit is a new mario character originating in ‪New Super Mario Bros. U‬, and soon is gonna be playable in its DLC ‪New Super Luigi U‬. He's a thief stealing items from Toad Houses and carries them away in his bag. Stopping him will net you an item.

Is he Likely?
His chance is rather low. But that don't stop you from supporting him.

Moveset
Stats
Midweight character with decent speed and has similar traction as luigi
He can crawl, wall jump and cling to walls.

Neutral B - Nab Grab
his hand reaches forward then comes back. hitting an item it grabs it and Nabbit now hold the Item. if it hits. If it hits an opponent it will deal a low amount of damage, and steal whatever item the opponent is holding if any. if holding an item it only deals damage

Side B - Mushroom Snatch:
Nabbit Dashes at high speed similar to fox's side special, but keep momentum. Like Nab Grab it also make Nabbit pick up items or steal from opponent.
If already holding an item when hitting one he drops the one he holding and pick up the new one.
Based on mario kart mushrooms

Up B - Gliding bag
Nabbit uses his bag similar to how the Cape item is used in Super Mario World. it give little vertical ditance. but starts a glide.

Down B - Boo Burglar
Turn invisible for about ten seconds, but it has 30 seconds cooldown.
If Nab Grab is used while invisible it will shoot out a boo instead of his hand. The boo is visible, but have higher power and knockback than a normal Nab Grab.
Based on Boos from Mario Kart

Final Smash - Unstoppable Thief
Nabbit Turn Temporary Invincible, And gain higher speed and strength.

His A attacks are quick and weak. He uses his bag as a weapon for his smash attacks. Has few attacks good at K.O.-ing. In general he's more of a hit and run character. His item stealing make him good for battles where items are on and against item using opponents (Link's bomb, Diddy's banana, etc.)

Icons
For Signature

For roster maker:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
...seriously? wait.... are you being serious right now? NABBIT?

I really shouldn't be talking, since I was the one who made the Magolor thread.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
AT equivalent of Munchlax would work better. Instead of eating items, Nabbit would steal items.

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
...seriously? wait.... are you being serious right now? NABBIT?

I really shouldn't be talking, since I was the one who made the Magolor thread.
I'm not really serious. It's not the mario character I support the most and think lots of mario character deserves it more, but I wouldn't actually be against him being in smash.

stan423321

Smash Journeyman
Seeing as Nabbit represents the "New" Super Mario games, it could be a Munchlax wannabe with additional bonus of randomly Footstool Jumping on everyone, and maybe spinning while leaving the map. A full playable character? I sure hope not.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Bowser Jr. alt anyone?

I actually like the Munchlax idea, it kind of seems guaranteed if a NSMB stage is in Smash 4.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I wonder how long this whole Nabbit thing will last. Anyway, he'd make a good... trophy. :rolleyes:

I could see them adding him to like Mario Kart though.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Tell me please. I'm wondering about my hidden intentions as well. :skull:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
[collapse="Diddy's Hidden Intentions"]To piss off Golden[/collapse]

:troll: jk

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I just watched nintendo direct, and damn, nabbit's going to be overpowered as a playable character. in Luigi U

also, I'm suprised, im more exited in Luigi U than Mario Bros. U.

D

Deleted member

[collapse="Diddy's Hidden Intentions"]To piss off Golden[/collapse]

:troll: jk
Some stupidity is too laughable to be pissed at, actually.
In this case, referring to Nabbit as a "rival" already shows Diddy had a little puff before typing that. :troll:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well I said I did so I see no reason to deny that.
But he's kind of a rival, cause he takes the items out of the boxes and stuff. And he is originally a villain from what I've seen.

Also how I imagine him in, as posted in the other thread:

He'd be super light. And kinda slow and laggy on his moves. Not having too many powerful moves either. But, he's invincible. He doesn't take damage. His jumps are quite average, exactly like Mario's to be exact. But his 3rd jump quite sucks. He can't recover well. So best advice is too knock him near the edge, create a wall so he can't escape and throw him off. Then gimp him.

Non-Specific Member

Smash Rookie
Can't handle his swag can you guys? :troll:

Anyway, off-topic but I think he could be a double agent or something, hence why enemies don't hurt him.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I still like him as a character. As Manly said in the other thread, he's a step forward in the right direction. Playing as Toad is awesome, no doubt, but Nabbit is far less generic. At least, I think? Is he actually a specific character, or a generic enemy?

Non-Specific Member

Smash Rookie
Seems like a specific character. Also, you know that purple Toad house which has records of things somewhere in NSMBU? I have a feeling that is Nabbit's house.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Hmm, so, what kind of creature do y'all think is underneath the costume?
A Toad? The purple toad house is interesting.
Bowser Jr.? The mask is pretty suspicious.
An overweight Bandit? Similar name and Bandits do love nabbing things.
A third Mario Bros.?
A new rabbit-like creature altogether?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I don't have a Wii U, but took it he made an appearance in NSMBU from the Nintendo Direct video. Hopefully he'll re-appear more often. Though, wheren't there enemies like Nabbit before in the Mario universe? Enemies that'd steal items from you?

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
The only other nabbers that come to mind are the Bandits who mostly show up in Yoshi and Paper Mario games.

Honestly, Nabbit is probably just Bowser Jr. in his rebellious teen years, trying to show up his embarrassing dad. In the real world, teens try out being a "bad boy", but in the villainy world... well, I guess they try out being a Mario Bro.

Same body shape, size, and most importantly, same bandana. Also, in Mario Sunshine, he has already tried out imitating Mario, so we know he's got experience with it.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Honestly, Nabbit is probably just Bowser Jr. in his rebellious teen years, trying to show up his embarrassing dad. In the real world, teens try out being a "bad boy", but in the villainy world... well, I guess they try out being a Mario Bro.

Same body shape, size, and most importantly, same bandana. Also, in Mario Sunshine, he has already tried out imitating Mario, so we know he's got experience with it.
Shouldn't his shell stick out then? Unless he can take it off... Oh and his mouth looks too big for that outfit too.

Non-Specific Member

Smash Rookie
Yeah, but why would he help LUIGI of all people? Anyway, Bowser Jr is most likely in the airship in the opening cinematic.
Also, the bandanas are slightly different. More rough and some pink on Jr, though more clean on Nabbit. Though this doesn't out rule the possibility. And what Kiwi said. Also, his hair would pop out.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Koopalings definitely can take off their shells, I bet Bowser and Bowser Jr. can as well. Besides, maybe he's still carrying it in that giant sack with is ill-gotten loot?

The outfit could just be really tight, or Nintendo could just be saying "screw logic" in terms of the suit actually fitting exactly. We can't really see how it fits around the mouth area because of the bandanna anyway... Maybe you'd be able to tell that his mouth is scrunched in there.

He'd help out Luigi if Mario's otherwise indisposed. Besides, maybe he feels like Luigi is a bit of an outcast and second banana just like Jr. is. And, if my theory on him being a rebellious teenager, he'd just remake his bandanna to reflect that he's playing at being a happy good guy. We've seen Bowser Jr. in different bandannas before.

I don't think the hair thing is really an issue... Maybe if it was a giant spike, but since it's hair he could just let it out of its ponytail.

Also, in the end, he was able to make his body to look like Shadow Mario... Appearing as a fat latex bunny wouldn't be too hard to manage.

I'd normally say that maybe Nabbit just stole the bandanna from Bowser Jr. and wears it as a trophy, but it is a different design so that's probably not the case.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Wow, a thread for Nabbit already? That was fast. Personally I wouldn't really want him in as a playable character. But an assist trophy could possibly work.

slambros

Smash Ace
I think he would work best as an assist trophy. I know it doesn't pertain to smash, but Nabbit's role in the upcoming New Supe Luigi U could make him a Mario Series mainstay. Only time will tell...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I always thought it was just Bowser Jr in a costume. He does wear Bowser Jr's bandana after all

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Wow, a thread for Nabbit already? That was fast. Personally I wouldn't really want him in as a playable character. But an assist trophy could possibly work.
Young Cricket also has one made right after the Nintendo Direct event. Should've seen it coming.

I still wonder why they use the same bandana Bowser Jr. used however. Does Bowser Jr. even appear in NSMBU?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Young Cricket also has one made right after the Nintendo Direct event. Should've seen it coming.

I still wonder why they use the same bandana Bowser Jr. used however. Does Bowser Jr. even appear in NSMBU?
Yes, you fight him twice, and he takes place in the final battle with Bowser

Non-Specific Member

Smash Rookie
Actu

Actually, the bandanas have some differences. No pink on Nabbit's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom