• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GG Showdown Results- No Escape!!

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
Link to original thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/gg-s...rch-30th-2013-easton-pa.335205/#post-15417585

Okay, so we had a lot of fun. Project: M turned into Rock/Paper/Scissors in interest of time, Marvel got kinda crazy at the end, and 3S was good. Melee had good players at every turn. No such thing as a pot monster for the Melee tournament. Without further adieu, here are the results.

Melee (15 entrants):
http://challonge.com/GGSmash11
1st: Stric9
2nd: Charles
3rd: Lock
4th: Kite
5th: Lazy
5th: ChainAce
7th: MWTS
7th: Dudutsai
9th: Tempestt
9th: Coolin
9th: Starcandy
9th: DH Ninja
13th: SMOK
13th: Dr3w
13th: Intimidator
======================================
Marvel (16 Entrants):
1st: Enver
2nd: Nuclear Rooster
3rd: Tempestt
4th: Dusk
5th: Dreadnaut
5th: Ryosin
7th: Citizen Ca63 (Chainace)
7th: Kite
9th: Copycat
9th: Lazy
9th: Caboose
9th: Zack
13th: Risk Taker
13th: dishonored
13th: DH Ninja
13th: Brandon
============================================
3rd Strike (7 Entrants):
1st: Dusk
2nd: Nuclear Rewster
3rd: Caboose
4th:Tempestt
5th: Kite
5th: dishonored
7th: Dreadnaut
============================================​
Project: M (16 Entrants):
1st: Tempestt
2nd: Charles
3rd: SMOK
4th: Caboose
5th: Lock
5th: Mr. AAB
7th: Dr3w
7th: Coolin
9th: Kite
9th: DH NInja
9th: Intimidator
9th: Starcandy
13th: dishonored
13th: Dreadnaut
13th: Nuclear Rooster
13th: Enver
This was a lot of fun, and I'll have shoutouts at some point. I was glad to see people come out, and heck, now we have more setups for ourselves as well. Copycat got those mindgames in Rock/Paper/Scissors for sure. SMOK and Caboose, too. I want to see more competition for 3rd Strike, as well. We definitely need another Project: M setup for next time, but yo....I think a Rock/Paper/Scissors tournament should happen on the regular, lol.
Thanks again to everyone that showed up, brought setups, played, and brought the hype. Next one will be even better!!!

InTimidator

Smash Apprentice
Mad hype! The Rock/Paper/Scissors was getting pretty intense. I had a heck of time. Sadly, the crew battle didn't happen, but it is like whatever. Definiatly want to come again when I have sufficient funds. Shout outs later.

Kite91

Mada Mada Dane
Very fun event. Didn't expect so many great players.

Tempest: Great event. It's hard having more than one game. gotta get more setups and such in the future. Sadly we didnt play again in melee. Umvc was fun tho

Lazy: You were holding back you *******. lol. it was fun. think i may switch to falco

Coolin: We must train more and get better. prepare for Zenith

Chain Ace : It was good to see you again. Good matches. i need to work on my falco more. gotta play more at zenith.

Strict: Congrats on 1st. Sadly didn't play you in melee but project m was very fun.

Lock: Congrats on 3rd. Samus man so hard to fight when a good player plays her. Deff was play more in the future

Dusk: Man Sf is so fun. if i had known you were that good is of practiced before coming

Dudutsai: Never played puff in tourney before. gg. keep working on those up throw rests

Copycat : Fun friendlies. Congrats on. 2nd. You should have and amazing rock paper scissors skills lol

Dh: keep workin on that zelda man. it's too good

Intimidator: Deff fun to play you gotta play more some time. need more friendlies. sadly no crew battle

Everyone else gg. see you next time

InTimidator

Smash Apprentice
I may have gotten ***** in the tourny but shoutouts anyway.

Tempestt - Another great tourny. never did get the Peach ditto i wanted. Also, great set vs. SMOK.
Kite - Played only like one or two friendlies with you. Wanted more.
Coolin - I loved playing your Baby Link with my link. really fun.
DH_Ninja - Freaking Zelda! Not expecting that. In our tourny match, I really learned the importance of L-canceling(More so than before.)
Dudutsai - Those 0-to-rest combos with Puff on my Falcon. That was really cute.
Lock - Dat Samus.
Charles - Thanks for the Fox advice. Your Sheik was really fun to play.
Mr.AAB - Really fun playing your Yoshi in Melee. I know the match-up and play it a lot so i was ready for it.

Think that was everyone.

Lock

Smash Apprentice
Chain-Ace: That was probably the closest set I've ever played. Thanks for inviting me to Zenith - I might go if I can find affordable housing that weekend.
Copycat: Good games! I was really impressed with your needle play during our tourney set, I felt I was gimped or needled-into-combos a lot more than I've been against other Shieks.

Dudutsai: Hey, it was great getting to know you during the car ride. Hopefully we'll get to play some more before graduation. I forgot to mention this, but I think our friendlies might have inadvertantly helped me win our tourney match, because they let me in on how Jigglypuff can disrupt bomb-jumping by just running into the bombs...

Intimidator: Thanks again for offering to restart our first game. I also liked our friendlies a lot, I'm a big fan of Samus v. Link play.
Kite: It sucks that you SD'd to lose the first game - hopefully we'll get to play again sometime.
Rain: Thanks again for all your work in organizing this! Your suggestion about FFA's near the end of the night was amazing, I really miss all the banned stages and items, as well as FFA-camping.
Star: I wasn't sure if you enjoyed our games so much, but I should say that I had a fun time.
Stric9: Congrats on 1st! You steamrolled me, so I think I have a long ways to go in my Falco matchup.

Finally, I'm grateful to everyone who took the time to play some friendlies with me. It was a very fun event, and I hope to see you all again.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Yeah man, I felt the adrenaline rush in our set. Very fun. And good **** driving 3 hours to the tourney, you deserved the win. If you come to Zenith let's team.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
Lock- Thanks for coming out. It was definitely a lot of fun for the little I got to play you. Samus is my bane, though. I think I've only ever beaten her once in tournament. =P Free-for-alls were fun, lol.

Dudutsai- Jiggs!!! Nice Jiggs, man. I've gotta learn the match-up...or a different character for it. I don't know if I'm that patient to play it with Peach, lol. Again, Free-for-alls were fun.

SMOK- The amount of improvement was outrageous. Good set, man. Keep up that Falco!

Dr3w- I saw you playing, good stuff. Next time we'll get it in.

Intimidator- Good stuff playing Mr. AAB. That dude would get better if he applied himself more, lol. However, he plays a lot of Project: M so he was looking VERY strong for that. A shame he had to leave so early. A product of a Brawl player that got taught Melee by yours truly.

Copycat- Good seeing you again! I'm sorry about that first match, but yeah....it just seemed so right, LOL. Second match on Yoshi's was hype, though. I like the needle play with Sheik, it's something unique to you. Good stuff on second. Also...you got those mind games in Rock/Paper/Scissors, lol. I would have loved to see a bracket reset.

Starcandy- Keep practicing!! Again...Mr. AAB has stupid amounts of potential. He's inconsistent, but good.

Chain-Ace- Good seeing you again, too! Next time we've got to get more in. We were getting more TVs in at last minute, so I think the next time, we'll be able to get in more than just singles. Thanks for coming out, and the Falco still looks sexy. You also took a match off of Enver. (The real Enver, lol) Good stuff. Marvel isn't my game, but I think I might practice more for Dusk's sake. He's got the potential, he just needs a push. A shame you couldn't see 3rd Strike.

Stric- You sir, are something else, and will be dealt with. =P Nah, good stuff on winning. Great seeing you again, too!! I'm really gonna have to practice for THAT Falco. Ugh....curse the Tunes for that Falco, lol.

DH Ninja- Freaking Zelda!!! I saw that set vs. Kite. Sooooo goooooood!!! I'm glad you were able to make it down this time. You should try and get to a major one of these days.

Missed With True Strike- Doc too good!! Great set...had me salty for a minute lol. I'll get you next time, Gadget!!! Next time!!!! Can't wait to play again!!

Coolin- Ughhhhh....Y. Link!!! Nice stuff, though. We gotta play more. =D

Kite- You freaking monster!!! So hungry!!! I'm coming for you next time, though. Our sets are too close for me to let you pull away like that. Marvel was close, too. I'm seeing a pattern developing, here.

Lazy- Motivation mode has been activated. I'm afraid to see what will happen next time. Heh, I like this...not a single regret with starting up these tournaments. It's been even better since you and Kite showed up.

Dusk- I know I really should have been in 4th for Marvel, but you don't normally get to go in on 3rd Strike. We've got a lot of work to do, my friend. Plus, you should really drag your boy out here, too. I need Fox Practice for the two bums above you in this post.

Mad- You keep getting better. Good stuff beating me in 3rd Strike.

Dishonored- PLAY MORE!!!

Dreadnaut- You've got a great training partner in Mad....USE HIM!!!

Nuclear Rewster- >.> You bodied me...'nuff said. I'll be back, and I want to make it out to FNE one of these days.

Enver (the fake one)- See Nuclear Rewster. =P Good meeting you, though.

I think that covered everyone. This one was a great deal of fun, and I'll keep you posted on the next one. Zenith is in June, right? I'll be sure to host another before then.

InTimidator

Smash Apprentice
Sadly won't be able to attend if there is one in April. I am lacking in funds at the moment. Could i come to just play friendlies?

metroid1117

Smash Master
Hey, does anyone remember what characters the top 8 used for PM? I'm putting together an archive of PM results, and that information would be really useful :).

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
metroid- From the looks of how things were going, You could have expected Lucas, Sheik, Fox, Peach, and Marth in there. That was for absolute sure.

Intimidator- you can come just to play if you want. That's fine. We don't always do things majorly, since a good deal of the local scene is poor, xD. I know next week is gonna be hype since more of the original Easton smash scene is coming out to play. It seems as if they still have it....which means I need to actually practice, xD. Any time you want to just come through to play...do so. Kite does it all the time, lol.

Top Bottom