• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

History Comes Alive: Console-Bot Approaches!

Status
Not open for further replies.

peeup

Smash Lord
Each new installment of the Smash franchise has introduced a character that could be seen to represent a piece of Nintendo hardware or history. Melee had Mr. Game & Watch, Brawl had R.O.B.

Now who could continue this trend in Smash 4? Sheriff to represent Nintendo's first arcade game? Mr. Hanafuda to represent the original playing cards? Reggie Fils-Aime to represent Nintendo's body being ready?

Nay.

The only being that can truly represent Nintendo's hardware and history to the fullest is a being literally made up of Nintendo hardware and history! I present to you........ Console-Bot!

Concept Art:

--Moon Monkey

Concept Movesets:

Console Bot

Brief description:
Console Bot (CB for short) is a combination of all of Nintendo's previous game systems. As such, CB uses Gameboys, DS', Virtual Boys, and other handhelds for projectiles and even uses moves from some of the best games ever known to Nintendo. His rival is R.O.B.

A
CB swings his arm quickly. Great range thanks to the WIIMOTE's safety straps.

AA
CB headbutts his enemy. Because of Conker's Bad Fur Day in the game slot, this attack makes the opponent slip.

AAA
CB buffs his chest, shooting out Xenoblade and Punch Out!! From his WII Hands.

Sidetilt
CB swipes his arm, wearing the POWERGLOVE. He's playing with power, so it has a lot of knockback.

Uptilt
CB Shoots out Conker's Bad Fur Day from the N64 Game slot. It comes back shortly, like Olimar's Up Smash

Downtilt
CB kicks his feet forward one at a time. The NES shoots out The Legend of Zelda and the FAMICOM shoots out Metroid.

Fsmash
CB swings the Master Sword forward, like Link's side smash from Smash 64. If it hit's and opponents forehead, it's an automatic K.O.

Usmash
CB sends out a Metroid through his feet. It rises as you hold ^ and A. The Metroid falls diagnally to whatever direction CB is facing. If sweetspotted, it latches on to you and continues to damage you until you die. If not sweetspotted, then it acts like a thrown item.

Dsmash
CB sends out a leigon of F-Zero racers. The charge forward, but will crash into Mach Rider whom drives ahead of them. Carries opponents to the edge of the screen and meteor smashes them if three or more racers are currently hitting them.

B
CB summons many Pokemon that surround him and deal damage to anyone around him. The Pokemon are random, and consist of:
Raichiu – Shocks anyone nearby
Venusaur – grabs someone with Vine Whip and holds them there so that the other Pokemon attack them.
Arbok – Shoots out projectiles with Poison Sting that poison an opponent
Totodile – Bites anyone nearby
Skarmory – Uses featherdance to lower their victims defense, effectively dealing double damage.
Ursaring – Swipes at anyone above CB
Combusken – Kicks anyone nearby. Lot's of knockback
Swellow – Uses skydrop on someone after the Pokemon retreat
Vigoroth – leaves the other pokemon behind and goes out to attack players with Slash. It acts like an assist trophy.
Giratina – The rarest pokemon. It uses hyperbeam, which is a 1-hit K.O. To anyone that is sweetspotted by it.
Riolu – Tries to use aura sphere, but fails. Is there to look cute.
Bronzong – Uses hypnosis to make an opponent sleep after the Pokemon are done attacking.
Emboar – Uses fire spin to add to the attack
Zorua – Uses the victims B attack against them
Stunfisk – Uses splash.

UpB
CB pulls out two ducks from his feet and flies upward. Like DHD's UpB In Crusade.

DownB
CB lays a Virtual Boy on the ground. Anyone who steps over it suffers from the red and black screen, and is thus left stunned.

ForwardB
CB tosses varing projectiles. He can through a Gameboy, Gamboy Micro, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, or a Dsi. Here are the damage/knockback levels
1. The Gameboy Advance. With it's unique shape, it can 1-Hit K.O. If sweetspotted
2. The Dsi. With enhanced design and visuals, its a buffed up DS.
3. The DS. It sprouts out two Stylus' that go diagnally upwards and downwards. Covers the most range.
4. Gameboy. The Legend that started the handheld craze. A basic projectile.
5. Gameboy Color. Less than average projectile.
  1. Micro is the worst. It's weak and small, dealing very little knockback
Z
CB shoots out his trusty WIIMOTEs. They are fast and have extremely long range. Hardly any lag, and acts like a tether recovery like Link's Clawshot and Samus' Grapple

^Taunt
CB raises a golden “Legend of Zelda” Cartridge victoriously.

>Taunt
CB looks into the Virtual Boy. Seeing nothing, he shrugs and puts it away.

Down Taunt
CB plays his Gameboy for a while. During this time he's invincible.

-Fastblade5035

Now obviously our good pal Console-Bot does not have any easily definable characteristics. His look, his moveset, or even his name! So its up to you, the faithful Console-Bot supporters, to whip up some sweeeeet concept art, design some stellar movesets worthy of the behemoth, and come up with a better name if you can!

Console-Bot on!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
One word: Badass. His chances are rather unlikely (though we did wind up with R.O.B.). It would be sort of cool, especially with that Wii Blade and NES Zapper. :awesome:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
GBA Link-Cable is a must for tether recovery and long-ranged grab!

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Oh gosh you actually made a thread of this? That's hilarious. Imagine if it truly was the next Mr. Game & Watch and ROB of smash 4. Another character that many wouldn't see coming. =p I don't think its likely at all, but hey you never know. :troll:

Maybe I should have made the handheld's a part of his arm's and knees after all? ^^;

Anyway's. Wii U tablet as some sort of beam or reflector shield and Wiimote with Nun-chucks as... nun-chucks. :awesome:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
On second thought's, I think I shouldve just called it Nintendo. After all it is a robot made of "Nintendo" consoles... :troll:

Also he should shoot disc's (where you can see the images of games such as Mario Galaxy or Skyward Sword etc on them as easter egg's.) out of its Wii/Wii U console's ports.

I was actually thinking of Drawing the Super Smash Bros 64 image on the cartridge as an easter egg on my console-bot but didn't really have much space in the sketch.

Okay I'll stop now. =p

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Each new installment of the Smash franchise has introduced a character that could be seen to represent a piece of Nintendo hardware or history. Melee had Mr. Game & Watch, Brawl had R.O.B.

Now who could continue this trend in Smash 4? Sheriff to represent Nintendo's first arcade game? Mr. Hanafuda to represent the original playing cards? Reggie Fils-Aime to represent Nintendo's body being ready?

Nay.
Mii fits into the "character seen to represent a piece of Nintendo hardware or history". It's the face of the Wii generation and the embodiment of the Wii motion sensor gaming revolution.

Not that many of us want him... But Sakurai loves putting in these historically significant kind of characters.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I'd kinda like Miis. Not a priority but why not. Mr. Hanafuda it's... creepy. I'd like him though, but not as a character.
An assist trophy maybe or... the main villain of the new story mode? Lol.

peeup

Smash Lord
Lesbehonest, Console-Bot is a way more badass addition to the Brawl cast than a dumb lil Mii.

But maybe Console-Bot is actually being driven by a Mii?

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Oh hey, the Console Bot thread. Here's my moveset, then. (Do whatever you want with it :awesome:)

Console Bot

Brief description:
Console Bot (CB for short) is a combination of all of Nintendo's previous game systems. As such, CB uses Gameboys, DS', Virtual Boys, and other handhelds for projectiles and even uses moves from some of the best games ever known to Nintendo. His rival is R.O.B.

A
CB swings his arm quickly. Great range thanks to the WIIMOTE's safety straps.

AA
CB headbutts his enemy. Because of Conker's Bad Fur Day in the game slot, this attack makes the opponent slip.

AAA
CB buffs his chest, shooting out Xenoblade and Punch Out!! From his WII Hands.

Sidetilt
CB swipes his arm, wearing the POWERGLOVE. He's playing with power, so it has a lot of knockback.

Uptilt
CB Shoots out Conker's Bad Fur Day from the N64 Game slot. It comes back shortly, like Olimar's Up Smash

Downtilt
CB kicks his feet forward one at a time. The NES shoots out The Legend of Zelda and the FAMICOM shoots out Metroid.

Fsmash
CB swings the Master Sword forward, like Link's side smash from Smash 64. If it hit's and opponents forehead, it's an automatic K.O.

Usmash
CB sends out a Metroid through his feet. It rises as you hold ^ and A. The Metroid falls diagnally to whatever direction CB is facing. If sweetspotted, it latches on to you and continues to damage you until you die. If not sweetspotted, then it acts like a thrown item.

Dsmash
CB sends out a leigon of F-Zero racers. The charge forward, but will crash into Mach Rider whom drives ahead of them. Carries opponents to the edge of the screen and meteor smashes them if three or more racers are currently hitting them.

B
CB summons many Pokemon that surround him and deal damage to anyone around him. The Pokemon are random, and consist of:
Raichiu – Shocks anyone nearby
Venusaur – grabs someone with Vine Whip and holds them there so that the other Pokemon attack them.
Arbok – Shoots out projectiles with Poison Sting that poison an opponent
Totodile – Bites anyone nearby
Skarmory – Uses featherdance to lower their victims defense, effectively dealing double damage.
Ursaring – Swipes at anyone above CB
Combusken – Kicks anyone nearby. Lot's of knockback
Swellow – Uses skydrop on someone after the Pokemon retreat
Vigoroth – leaves the other pokemon behind and goes out to attack players with Slash. It acts like an assist trophy.
Giratina – The rarest pokemon. It uses hyperbeam, which is a 1-hit K.O. To anyone that is sweetspotted by it.
Riolu – Tries to use aura sphere, but fails. Is there to look cute.
Bronzong – Uses hypnosis to make an opponent sleep after the Pokemon are done attacking.
Emboar – Uses fire spin to add to the attack
Zorua – Uses the victims B attack against them
Stunfisk – Uses splash.

UpB
CB pulls out two ducks from his feet and flies upward. Like DHD's UpB In Crusade.

DownB
CB lays a Virtual Boy on the ground. Anyone who steps over it suffers from the red and black screen, and is thus left stunned.

ForwardB
CB tosses varing projectiles. He can through a Gameboy, Gamboy Micro, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, or a Dsi. Here are the damage/knockback levels
1. The Gameboy Advance. With it's unique shape, it can 1-Hit K.O. If sweetspotted
2. The Dsi. With enhanced design and visuals, its a buffed up DS.
3. The DS. It sprouts out two Stylus' that go diagnally upwards and downwards. Covers the most range.
4. Gameboy. The Legend that started the handheld craze. A basic projectile.
5. Gameboy Color. Less than average projectile.
  1. Micro is the worst. It's weak and small, dealing very little knockback

Z
CB shoots out his trusty WIIMOTEs. They are fast and have extremely long range. Hardly any lag, and acts like a tether recovery like Link's Clawshot and Samus' Grapple

^Taunt
CB raises a golden “Legend of Zelda” Cartridge victoriously.

>Taunt
CB looks into the Virtual Boy. Seeing nothing, he shrugs and puts it away.

Down Taunt
CB plays his Gameboy for a while. During this time he's invincible.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Holy **** I want this to happen now.

[laughs]

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Spread the Console Bot love!
I actually legitimately want a CB icon/sig picture now :laugh:

OH, and Peeup, my Console Bot moveset is based off of the first drawing (Kikwi-Kiwi's, I think)

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Seems like a cool idea. I'd like to try making a moveset for this "console man" too. Maybe tomorrow. But it'll be hard to match Fastblade's moveset.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
If not an actual character, this could also work as a new Final Smash for R.O.B. or a boss battle in adventure mode. Maybe as a meaning pf unlocking R.O.B? As R.O.B.'s head is used as the head of the Console-Bot, it could make a lot of sence.

Speculator

Smash Ace
On a serious note, I think a Nintendo hardware based stage might be a really good idea. Something like the G&W stages but maybe using a Wii U gamepad or DS as the fighting area.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
I think everyone on the smashboards unknowingly wanted a nintendo mech. But I couldn't imagine how the consoles would fit together until seeing the concept art with ROB.

Imagine wielding a wiimote lightsaber and crushing foes with the might of the power glove! Imagine him wearing Virtual Boy goggles that fire lazers and being able to launch Hanafuda cards out of the power glove.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I am more surprised that this wasn't locked up as a joke thread. lol

Anyway, I think Console Bot can become the new Ancient Minister, that is to say, the patriarch of the ROB army.

Has anyone included the idea of shooting discs which act like boomerangs?

40% chance of GCN disc. Low damage, more knockback
50% chance of Wii disc. Higher damage, less knockback
10% chance of Wii U disc. Very high damage and knockback.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Too girthy for Smash indeed.

I hope Console-Bot becomes the new Galleom. I could pciture him fighting much like that.

peeup

Smash Lord
Come to think of it I could actually see him being like an Ancient Minister 2.0. I mean certainly he won't be an actual character but I think he could make an interesting boss, or maybe some kind of plot point.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Come to think of it I could actually see him being like an Ancient Minister 2.0. I mean certainly he won't be an actual character but I think he could make an interesting boss, or maybe some kind of plot point.
lol, that's just what I said a few posts before!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Well, I haven't made a moveset just yet. But I'm thinking of making the "Console Man" character similar to Necrid from Soul Calibur. Where his moveset is up from the best moves from the roster. I think it could work out well. Then again I might not finish the moveset. But I have a couple of ideas in my head.

peeup

Smash Lord
Hey I kinda like that idea. Should have some unique moves though, maybe just like his neutral special. Like Necrid had that fire explody boom move.

peeup

Smash Lord
Yeah I feel like that'd be his signature weapon. But I also like the idea of him using like a WiiMote+Nunchuck combo as, like, nunchucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom