• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sothe for SSB4 Support Thread

Who would you prefer to represent the newer Fire Emblem games?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BarnOwlsRSoAdorable

Smash Apprentice
My character threads were really bad but I learned from my mistakes. This time, the character I'm doing is actually important to the game franchise he appears in. It's Sothe! In fact, I'd rather have Sothe playable than the Black Knight.
Information:
In Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn and Fire Emblem: Awakening, Sothe is a theif. His agile movements make him one of the most useful characters in the game. His weapon of choice is a knife. He's one of the few characters in Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn that must stay alive for the whole game.

Playstyle:
Sothe is really fast. The only character that surpasses his speed is Sonic. Sothe is also somewhat heavier than the median weight. However, his attacks don't do much damage. It doesn't help that he has the smallest attack hitboxes of any character. However, these weaknesses are overcame when one of Sothe's allies lose a life. Sothe's attacks get a decent boost in strength and get a somewhat bigger attack hitbox. However, Sothe's recovery is kind of poor which can't be overcame.

Moveset:
A: Quick Poke- a quick strike with a knife (Max Combo: Infinity)
A side: Quick Strike- Sothe walks forward and quickly strikes.
A up: Scarf Slap- Sothe swings his scarf upward to catch enemies off guard.
A down: Stunning Kick- Sothe quickly kicks the opponent and catches them off guard.

B: Steal- Sothe stuns the enemy and takes an item. Items found vary by character.
B side: Stunning Strike- Sothe attacks with a weak strike that makes opponents dizzy.
B up: Shove- Sothe jumps upwards and pushes foes out of the way.
B down: Guard- Sothe jumps torwards an ally to take a hit for them.

Smash Side: Kard Cut- Sothe makes a quick slash that catches the opponent off guard.
Smash Up: Uppercut Slash- Sothe punches the opponent and makes them caught off guard.
Smash Down: Kard Drop- Sothe slashes the opponent with a low slash and makes them trip.

Pummel: Uses Kard to poke foes.
Forward Grab: Slash Throw- Sothe throws the opponent with a slash.
Backward Grab: Scarf Parry- Sothe uses his scarf to push opponents away.
Upward Grab: Melee- Sothe attacks with a punch that sends foes upward.
Down Grab: Slash Combo- Sothe slashes 4 times.

Final Smash: Fast Combo- Sothe runs around the battlefield so fast that he looks like a green blur. This attack works like the Latios/Latias Pokeball but stronger and longer.

Character Item Steals:
Mario- Fire Flower
Luigi- Fire Flower
Peach- Vegetable
Bowser- Bob-Omb
Donkey Kong- Barrel
Diddy Kong- Banana Peel
Yoshi- Egg
Wario- Wario Bike
Link- Bomb
Zelda- Lip's Stick
Shiek- Deku Nut
Ganondorf- Beam Sword
Toon Link- Bomb
Samus- Screw Attack
ZSS- Screw Attack
Pit- (makes you have an eggplant for a head) :troll:
Ice Climbers- Freezie
R.O.B- Gyro
Kirby- Star Rod
Meta Knight- Beam Sword
King Dedede- Food
Olimar- Pellet (the Distant Planet exclusive item)
Fox- Ray Gun
Falco- Smart Bomb
Wolf- Super Scope
Captain Falcon- Ray Gun
Pikachu- Lightning
Ivysaur- Poison Mushroom :troll:
Charizard- Spicy Curry
Squirtle- Green Shell
Lucario- Team Healer
Jigglypuff- Soccer Ball
Marth- Beam Sword (looks more like a regular sword)
Ike- Beam Sword (looks more like a regular sword)
Ness- Home Run Bat
Lucas- Franklin Badge
Mr. Game and Watch- (makes the character look in Game and Watch games)
Snake- Grenade
Sonic- Timer

Attachments

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
A larger and better pic. Copy the code. :)
[center][img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080204074403/fireemblem/images/8/88/Ferd-sothe.jpg[/img][/center]​

BarnOwlsRSoAdorable

Smash Apprentice
A larger and better pic. Copy the code. :)
[center][img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080204074403/fireemblem/images/8/88/Ferd-sothe.jpg[/img][/center]​
The [center] and [/center]​
tags will center the image. Will look better.​

Thank you!

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
Duos are over rated. Works with ice climbers because its sort of a joke with the whole twin thing.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
People having throwing around this duo/tag team idea for a while. How is it exactly supposed to work?

•Col•

Smash Champion
Duos are over rated. Works with ice climbers because its sort of a joke with the whole twin thing.
The idea I had for them is much different from how the Ice Climbers function.

Basically, rather than working in tandem like the Ice Climbers, you make them 'one'. As in, they can't be separated. Even though they'd look like 2 different characters, they'd have a single large hurtbox and such. If one gets hit, they both are affected by hitstun and the knockback. Although their animations could make them 'appear' as if they're separated, I suppose.

Could be a pain to balance with the wonky hurtboxes, but eh... I think they could pull it off well.

BarnOwlsRSoAdorable

Smash Apprentice
Why not a Sothe + Micaiah duo? D: Call 'em the Dawn Brigade.
Well, the Dawn Brigade was Micaiah, Sothe, Nolan, Edward and Leonardo. This would only would only work if in the first cutscene, Giga Bowser obliterates Nolan, Edward and Leonardo.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Eh, I'm a big Fire Emblem: Awakening fan, and Lucina may cause spoilers. I'll go with Chrom

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I like the moveset concept and I appreciate the time you took to go through and assign items, but the steal item thing just wouldn't work as is... The items aren't at all balanced. Bowser would never want to match up against someone who can use the poor turtle as an infinite supply of bob-ombs. Sonic and the timer...? Yeah... I think it's much better to make it an attack that will steal a small item that is currently being held. Sure, that makes that ability a lot more useful when items are on, but that's true for a lot of character abilities.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
Each character doesn't need to have a unique item to be stolen. There could be a list of 3-6 items that can be stolen from any character. Each being random and varying in chance.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Each character doesn't need to have a unique item to be stolen. There could be a list of 3-6 items that can be stolen from any character. Each being random and varying in chance.
I mean, having an infinite supply of items in general is pretty scary (unless it's something as bad as a smoke bomb). I definitely feel that taking an item that someone else is holding is more practical/balanced.

Besides, doesn't it seem kind of weird stealing items from people when they themselves can't take the items out at-will?

I've been wanting a thief/rogue character for awhile now. One of the notable barriers to this is Sakurai's anti-gun and knife rule... any suggestion for getting past that?

Noler_Mass

Smash Ace
I like the item stealing idea but it seems waaaay too overpowered, especially for matches with limited items. Maybe he can only do it every once in a while similar to warios gas excretion? Still a little hazy on the idea since you can have matches with no items... Maybe on matches with little or no items you steal like a bag of coins or a jewel or book or something that you can throw at enemies similar to peaches turnip move.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
Just only pick balanced items only. I mean peach can pull up turnips at her own will and without having to interact with another player. New items could even be created to make sothe balanced.

As for the knife thing, i think it will be fine. I think what sakurai meant is he doesn't want people being shanked or getting their throats slit. If sothe's knives behave more like blunt objects like the other swords do, I think he would be fine.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Yeah, and I guess Diddy pulls out bananas... slowly and not in hand, though. Not like Sothe's thing would be a guarantee either, of course.

I personally still like the idea of him stealing items that characters are using, though... maybe he could steal the target's held item, but if they aren't holding one then he takes a random weak item like Noler suggested?

I'm not sure about the knife thing, though. I think they're being avoided not just because they seem more violent, but rather because knives and guns are more easily accessed by children who feel like playing around... Knives are especially easy to just grab from the kitchen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom